Start by marking “Prime Time” as Want to Read:
Prime Time

Prime Time

Laura Meredith never imagined herself on British TV too old, flabby, hormonal, and busy with son Stanley, after husband Daniel left for a young thin replacement. But best friend Charlotte is determined, and soon a camera crew follows Laura everywhere. Wined, dined, and pampered, she sees the charms of younger men, specifically gorgeous TV director Cal. When she turns ...more
Published July 5th 2012 by Accent Press Ltd (first published December 13th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Prime Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prime Time

Start your review of Prime Time
Anna
Jan 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic, I've never read anything by Jane Wenham-Jones but I definately will be loooking to read another book of hers! Humour within the book had me chorkling more then once and who doesnt love a good laugh after a long day at work!
I found it easy to engage with the characters and although Laura has her faults I found myself wanting everything to work out for her! I also felt all the characters were genuine and completely down to earth!
Overall I couldnt put this book down or should I say my
Sharon Booth
Jan 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I admit here and now that I owe Jane Wenham-Jones a huge debt. It was reading her book "Wannabe a Writer?" that finally persuaded me to give writing a go after years of believing that I couldn't do it any more and I will always be grateful to her for that. Even if nothing ever comes of it, I have enjoyed myself so much over the last couple of years that I would heartily recommend her book and its follow-up "Wannabe a Writer We've Heard Of?" to anyone.
Having said that, I hadn't read any of her
Lucy Felthouse
Dec 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Article first published as eBook Review: Prime Time by Jane Wenham-Jones on Blogcritics.

I've been acquainted with Jane Wenham-Jones' work (both fiction and non-fiction) for a while now, and have always enjoyed her writing style. Her humour is such that she can even make non-fiction funny, as well as hugely informative. Previous novels of hers that I've read are Perfect Alibis and One Glass is Never Enough , both of which I enjoyed.

Prime Time is a romantic comedy about a middle aged woman who
Anne
Jan 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
This was my first book by Jane Wenham-Jones, and it most definitely wont be my last. I picked it up because of seeing it on the Romantic Novel of the Year shortlist, and really wasnt expecting it to be my cup of tea I sometimes find romantic comedy a little too light for my tastes, but that certainly wasnt the case with this one. The basic story is a relatively straightforward one divorced mother becomes involved in a reality tv show and its aftermath. But what set this one apart for me was ...more
Melanie Adkins
Feb 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Laura Meredith is a 40 year old divorced mother of one. Her husband's affair with a younger woman did a real number on her self esteem and confidence. She saw herself as ugly, fat and old. Her midlife crisis sends her along a path she never saw coming. A chance to renew herself and be the woman she wanted to be. During this midlife crisis, she finds out her best friend's husband was having an affair with a woman at work. She is desperate to prevent their marriage from going the same path as ...more
Kirsten McKenzie
Jun 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I read this book in super fast time, basically because I devoured it! I needed to know what was going to happen next. The author kept us all guessing as to the potential outcome/s, which is essential in any book. I loved the characters. I cringed at the miscommunication - we've all done that to friends, or had it done to us. I ended up hating who know who (can't say who, as I don't want to spoil it for others).
I enjoyed Jane's writing, her characters, and her plot immensely.
I wouldn't hesitate
Anne Harvey
Oct 01, 2013 rated it liked it
There is no doubt in my mind that Jane Wenham-Jones has based this novel on her own experiences. I have seen Jane at a talk; she is hilarious with a fund of anecdotes at her fingertips. She is as humourous and uninhibited in her writing as she is in real life. Who else would have the guts to write about PMT and Botox in such a candid way? The gist of the story is that Laura, whose husband has left her for younger woman, has been left totally demoralised. When she is given the opportunity to ...more
Reading Haven
"Prime Time is still a good read and an intelligent one, too. It is nice reading about a woman who knows a word with more than two syllables and doesnt sound pretentious at the same time. The plot twists, while a tad predictable were well written. And while the PMT is a bit distracting, its Lauras humor, heartbreak, and zeal for whats right, that make this story a good one."

Reviewed at the Reading Haven.

Rated 3.5 out of 5 White Roses.

Content rated with the Pale Pink Rose.
Harmony Kent
Jun 15, 2013 rated it liked it
This book struggled to hold my attention, and none of the plot twists were a surprise. Rather they were easily anticipated in advance. The book itself however, was well presented with not too many errors. I picked this up for free on Amazon, and am glad I didn't pay money for it. It gets three stars because the author did a very good job of building realistic, believable characters - which helped me see this book through to the end. I am really sorry I can't be more positive than this, and wish ...more
Judith Chandler
Jun 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was quite moving in places. I wouldn't class it as a comedy really. Laura is a woman in her forties who has been dumped by her husband for a younger model. She is extremely vulnerable and she is badly exploited by a TV programme maker who plays on her vulnerability. I enjoyed the story, perhaps because I identified with her in parts. But like all good romantic stories it has a happy ending.
As the story built in momentum, I found I couldn't put it down. Not a heavy read but well worth
Dawn
Aug 03, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Everything about the book seemed like your typical rom com/chick lit type. I spent the whole book trying to decide if the fact it didn't exactly fall under the usual formula was a good thing or a bad thing. In the end I was pretty indifferent to the book. It was nothing special. It was something good to read in the car on the way to holiday and that was all.
Elizabeth Bailey
Mar 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is the first Jane Wenham-Jones I've read and I enjoyed it, even though I'm not a huge fan of angst-ridden wine-swilling forty-somethings. The heroine captured me after a bit and I got thoroughly hooked into her problems. I was glad she ended up with the guy I was gunning for, though it took some handling to get to that. It's wonderfully written, and a page-turning read.
Kathy
Jan 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Prime Time by Jane Wenham-Jones is an absolutely marvelous novel that is smart, sassy and wicked funny. To read my review in its entirety, please visit http://www.bookreviewsandmorebykathy....
Sue Mackender
Apr 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Written with great humour when divorced mum of one, becomes thrown into the limelight of daytime TV. As the situation gravitates you wonder how she will reclaim her life but Jane Wenham Jones swiftly brings it all together ...more
Nicola S
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
It was OK. I felt like the plot was a bit lack lustre and not very exciting. I can tell the author is funny and there were some funny bits but the book didn't really go anywhere or do anything for me so was a bit disappointing overall.
Biliwiz
I've read worse. This book seemed to take ages to get going and I almost gave up. The story was actually quite good but it had pacing issues, dragging in places. I did, however, enjoy the author's writing style.
Stonemags76
May 19, 2013 rated it liked it
I got a bit irritated with Laura, as she seemed a bit useless at times! Her constant disorganisation made me think she deserved her fate! That said, the book flowed fairly well, and it was a reasonable read.
Hannah
It was okay, but it didn't thrill me. I think I found the 1st person narrative a bit annoying, it dragged in places and it wasn't nearly as funny as it thought it was. A nice easy summer read but quite forgettable.
Morag Gillespie
May 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this, pure chick lit no concentration required, but sometimes that's what you want. A good sunshine read.
Judit Gonzalez
Not great, not bad either.
It was OK.
Debbie Viggiano
Sep 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Read this on holiday and it was the perfect beach read. An entertaining read laced with humour which kept me turning the pages!
Elizabeth Ducie
May 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! It made me smile all the way through and laught out loud in several places.
Anne
Jun 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
A bit predictable but genuine story about being female and facing your 40's.
Tracey
Jul 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Another enjoyable read. funny too
Patsy
Dec 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this one. The first of Jane Wenham-Jones that I've read but it won't be the last as I have another two lined up.
Linda Cullen
rated it it was ok
Mar 17, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• The Things I Know
  • Polo (Rutshire Chronicles #3)
  • A Village Affair
  • How to Kill Your Husband {and Other Handy Household Hints}
  • Rivals (Rutshire Chronicles #2)
  • Diabetes: From the Ebers Papyrus to Cell Technology
  • Riders (Rutshire Chronicles, #1)
  • The Man Who Made Husbands Jealous (Rutshire Chronicles, #4)
  • Appassionata (Rutshire Chronicles #5)
  • The Rector's Wife
  • Body Language
  • The Optimum Nutrition Bible
  • How to Live Well with Diabetes
  • Unmasking the Face: A Guide to Recognizing Emotions from Facial Clues
  • Declutter Your Mind: How to Stop Worrying, Relieve Anxiety, and Eliminate Negative Thinking (Mindfulness Books Series Book 1)
  • Maybe This Time
  • Moving
  • Pippa's Cornish Dream
Jane Wenham-Jones is the author of six novels her latest is The Big Five O and three non-fiction books. Wannabe a Writer? is a humorous look at the trials and tribulations of becoming a scribe and Wannabe a Writer We've Heard Of? is a how-to on PR and self-promotion. 100 Ways to Fight the Flab (and still have wine and chocolate) is full of useful tips to combat Writer's Bottom - an occupational ...more

News & Interviews