Start by marking “Socks” as Want to Read:
Socks

Socks

Laugh your socks off! Stripy sharks and woolly crocs, Purple dogs with polka dots! What can you see made from Socks? Kids (and grownups!) will love this socktastic celebration of the nation's favourite footwear. Look out for sockerels, sockodiles and Goldisocks, and prepare to see your socks in a whole new light.
Published April 1st 2012 by David Fickling Books

To ask other readers questions about Socks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Socks

Kim
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
SockyWockyDooDah!!! Oh my! This might be the most fun, most laugh-out-loud wonderfulness I've encountered in ages. I read it four times in a row almost peeing myself laughing. It's delightfully irreverent (not that socks are serious, though, this is British and I do know Brits who may take socks very seriously, my ex-uncle being one-- I'm dual but any British sock seriousness apparently did not penetrate me before I immigrated.)
I may need to purchase this book. I don't buy many books; I'm a lib
Allison
so hilarious! It go my mind churning for more rhymes, puns, jokes, etc.
Amanda Carr
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Silly story with Seuss-esque silly words. Loved the artwork!
Ashley
Jul 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
I would have given this a 3-star rating, but it was really successful at storytime. The only thing I didn't like about it was the inconsistent formula for the first line. Most of it starts with sockywockydoodah, but every now and again it's sockywocky-something-else, which would have been fine if it had been more formulaic. But I'm pretty sure none of that matters to the real audience of the book, so, 4 stars! A fun, silly book that has all the kids pulling off their shoes.
Portable
Nov 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Children love this hilarious list book of different kinds of patterns, with brightly coloured, humorous illustrations. Great for talking about favourites, and as a companion read to the equally brightly colouredPants
Yasmin Raja
May 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Socks is written by Elizabeth Lindsay and illustrated wonderfully by Nick Sharatt. Socks is a perfect book for EYFS. A book about a world made out of socks! The book rhymes with a whole load of made up words and fun words to read from socksophones to goldisocks. A great laugh and read to enjoy an energetic and fun filled story telling session.
Veronica
Aug 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book is so silly and hilarious that I knew it would appeal to my young kids and sure enough it did. The colors are brilliant, the way the socks are used will appeal to a child's sense of fun, and the word play is wonderful.
Library Quine
A celebration of everything stocky! Every item starts with sock... Even if it never has before. Bright, attractive and funny pictures. Lots to make you smile!
Amber
Saima
Jan 05, 2016
Zac
Mar 30, 2012
Nick Sharratt is the author-illustrator of numerous books for children, including The Foggy, Foggy Forest and Dinosaurs’ Day Out. He lives in Brighton, England.