Start by marking “Kingdom Man: Every Man's Destiny, Every Woman's Dream” as Want to Read:
Kingdom Man: Every Man's Destiny, Every Woman's Dream

Kingdom Man: Every Man's Destiny, Every Woman's Dream

When a man follows the principles of biblical manhood, those around him benefit from his leadership and care. Kingdom Man challenges and equips men to fully understand their position under God as well as their position over what God has given them. The biblical definition of a man is one who has learned to operate under the authority of Jesus Christ while carrying out resp ...more
Published March 1st 2012 by Focus on the Family (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Kingdom Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kingdom Man

Start your review of Kingdom Man: Every Man's Destiny, Every Woman's Dream
Chris
Aug 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Dr. Tony Evans’ “Kingdom Man” is a book I did not want to like. Don’t get me wrong, I like Dr. Evans, he is a wonderful preacher and man of God. To be honest I was skeptical of this genre of book. I feared it would be chuck full of bumper sticker slogans and great spiritual platitudes. Like having a coach who walks into the locker room for the thousandth time to yell at you, I was doubtful of the long-term impact of the emotional appeal.

Dr. Evans separates the 15 chapters of this 200 page book i
Mathew
Apr 04, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: theology
We Do Need Kingdom Men

We need a focus on charging men to take their Biblical responsibility as such seriously. Tony Evans takes this seriously and for that I’m glad. He begins by setting the stage,

The impact of lowered standards leaves its scars no matter what race, income bracket, or community a person is in. The outcomes may be different depending on the location, but they are just as devastating. Promiscuity, emptiness, depression, chronic irresponsibility, family breakup, misuse of finances
Donald Owens II
Jan 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
I was very disappointed. The first 9 chapters were challenge and invigorating, and then things went sideways and with his version of "name it and claim it" wonkiness. Apparently if you get a spooky feeling that God wants you to have something, as long as it's for kingdom use, you just have to name it as yours and God will give it to you. There are better books on courageous manhood; don't waste your time on this one.
Tim Gunther
Jun 26, 2012 rated it did not like it
Very male centric and places women a step below.
Eric
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian
3.5 Stars

I rounded this one up to 4 stars because while it got repetitive as the book went on, there was still some good information that was for the most part well presented. I read it as part of a guys group at church and it helped facilitate some good discussions so in that aspect the book achieved its goal.

This book took a look at Biblical manhood, a topic that can be controversial due to misunderstandings or at times intentional twisting of certain scriptures in order to justify a certain
Jadrick Morrison
Oct 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All men
Review taken from my blog.  Click here to visit blogiam.net

As the subtitle shouts, "Every man's destiny, every woman's dream," men in Lifeway stores, and surfing Amazon across the nation share a simultaneous thought bubble, "Yeah right, if a book provided that everyone would be reading it." News flash.  There is a book, and it's been around for centuries.  It's called the bible, which holds biblical principles that we overlook, and need a relative expository idea for application. Enter Dr. Tony
Hugh
Mar 13, 2019 rated it liked it
I got this book 5 years ago. I was a freshman in high school and my guys Bible study at school decided we would read it and have discussions about it. I never developed a habit, however, and stopped after the first chapter. Every other year since then I've read bits and pieces of it.
I have to say, this is a very hard book to read. The subject matter is not a struggle for me, and I agreed with most of the points that Evans makes. It just was written like a 200+ page sermon. It was extremely repe
Rev Reads
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The one thing our nation, and every nation needs, is more Kingdom men. We need men who aligns their lives under the principles of the Kingdom of God. Tony does a great job pointing men toward their calling to rule under the authority of God. His only miss was not emphasizing the highest motivation for Kingdom living today - we practice Christ-like authority in light of the return of Christ and His rewards and judgments.
Dyanna
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual, favorites
After loving reading Kingdom Woman: Embracing Your Purpose, Power, and Possibilities, I had to read also the Kingdom Man ! Well my reason was not because I totally love how Tony Evans's way of being blunt but also because I wanted to what to expect from a man that truly follows God and a second reason of why I bought this book is that maybe I will persuade my little brother to read it (and with the Lord's help maybe my father)

There are so many lessons you can learn from this book even if is a
James M. Bellanca
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It was a very good read, but sadly what he was saying I couldn't relate to. Yes, a man of God is supposed to take care of himself and family following the word of God, but this book actually made me feel even worse than what I was feeling.

I would not rule this out of any man trying to find purpose in life. I'm just going through things that I didn't feel this book could help me with, such as finding my foundation for who I. I hope he has another book for that.
Tierrance
Feb 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
transformational read

I enjoyed this book immensely. The presentation was clear and concise, and the substance or message of the book was impactful. I would highly recommend this book to any young adult or those who yearn for a new and improved perspective to equip them to face the challenges in life.
Trent J
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Liberating. Convicting. Empowering. Reassuring. These are the words that come to mind as I reflect on the many lessons taught by Rev Evans in this book. As a native of Dallas, I'm well aware of his work as a pastor, and author, but never to the level of detail this book was full of. Each and every word has been carefully selected and used with impactful imagery to bring out the message.

Evans spends numerous chapters identifying what a Kingdom man is, how the lack of one hurts the church, family
Darrell
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This could very well be the best book I have ever read. Highly informative and certainly timely, Tony Evans is also very entertaining as an author having spent years perfecting his craft. As a husband and a father, Evans throws down the challenge. I can see a number of mistakes I have made and some that I am making now. This is the time to move. Evans leaves us with a clear and Biblical path to what a man should be. For you women out there, this is not a book filled with a bunch of chauvinistic ...more
Roy Draa
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another phenomenal book from Dr. Evans. Despite spending billions of dollars on social welfare in this country there are one average 1 million school dropouts, 750 k teenage pregnancies, 1 million dropouts in prison and 1 million divorces per year. Dr. Evans states that men need to step up their game on behalf of God’s kingdom. While socially conservative, Dr. Evans expresses that secular society calls social justice is biblical justice and the church vice the government should be implementing t ...more
James Swanson
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: biblical-manhood
Great book that gives a good picture of biblical manhood. It's not what you might think. One of the best quotes is from the chapter on God's blessing.

"In fact, when you go to God in prayer concerning something that you need Him to do to, with, or for you, make it a point to let God know how what you are asking for will also flow through you to others. Let Him know that you recognize that the benefit coming to you will also be beneficial to someone else. ... Whatever you want God to do for you, m
Gary B
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019
A call for Christian men to fulfill their destiny by aligning themselves more fully with God and his purposes. The four areas Tony speaks of are our personal lives, families, church and communities.

The book contains a bit of hype, and I couldn't always see the Biblical or theological imperative for some of Tony's writing. I do find the focus or continuum from the individual to family to church to community helpful. Tony also made many references to 'alignment' - ensuring we are lining up with Go
Alwyn Foster
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite book on biblical manhood. I have read it 2 times, this was my third. Tony encourages men to step up to plate like only a man can do. I love how he motivates men toward biblical manhood. Many people just beat the fellas up, beat that is always counter productive. Tony is a kingdom men each chapters cover an area that must be addressed in the life of kingdom men young and old. I think that this will be my new graduation gift for young men graduating from high school or college. ...more
Dewayne
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had always been in impressed by the ministry and message Pastor Tony Evan's has show in his multi decade ministry. This was the first book I read by him and I am even more impressed to appreciate the calling, commitment,  focus he has in life to advance the Kindgom of God. In this book he calls out the greatest need we have in America...kingdom men. Written with the foundational focus of being a personal believer in Christ, faithful leader in your family, church, and community at large. Experi ...more
Paco
Apr 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVED this book by Dr. Tony Evans. He's always had a way to put things into perspective that was easy for me to understand or relate to and this book fell right in line. There were some things in this book that I had been feeling previous to reading it and it just helps confirm a lot of things I was feeling in my mind and heart. I cannot recommend this book enough to any of you men out there looking for a bit of guidance and push in the right direction, God's direction and calling f ...more
J Michael
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great read especially for men who have not answered the question of who they are.

Who are you? What is your vision? What mission statement will take you toward that vision? What are your values and beliefs? If you have not answered these questions, this book will help you on that quest.
Rick
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kingdom men ! Are you ready.?

This was truly an awesome read. After seeing the movie kingdom men rising I picked up this book. I’ve been inspired to continue on the journey of being a kingdom man. I’v been a fatherless man my entire life. Today I boldly confess my Heavenly Father has given me more then I could have asked for.
Shane Gieskieng
Jul 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Must read for all Men committed to leading and loving their families, friends, and communities according to God's Divine Design and Instruction. Anyone who has the desire to grow and live more like their Lord and Savior Jesus Christ should study and apply the principles laid out in this powerful book written by one of the most celebrated and influential followers of our Lord.
Gilbert Ross
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book, it made rethink my place in this world as a man. Being a worldly man and a kingdom man is distinctively different. This book will make a man look at himself and it will give women the right idea about what they should look for in a man. Great Read
Joe DeGraaf
May 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a powerful book on what it means to be a true Christian man in our present age. Evans encourages, explains, and describes the role of a kingdom man and how to live out God’s calling for men to change the world.
Bill Davis
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome book!

Fantastic book by Tony Evans! Would highly recommend it. Dr. Evans challenges men to lead themselves, their families, their churches, their community, their nation, and the world.
chris broniste
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Solid Necessary Call to Men Everywhere

It is a challenging read for anyone who wants to live the way that God has called them to. I was stirred challenged humbled and encouraged by this book. It was a life changer for me. I wholeheartedly recommend it.
Corey Tabor
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing foundational book for men to know what they are called to be and do as a kingdom man. I will likely read it annually as a reminder to center myself on God’s calling for me as a kingdom man. Dr. Tony Evans is a gift to the body of Christ.
Carlos
Mar 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
I had never heard of Tony Evans before I picked up this book. He seems to be a very genuine and God-fearing man. The book basically described every area of manhood from a biblical perspective, and presents a lot of analogies. Was a pleasure to read, will re-read later in the year.
James Creasman
May 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: personal-growth
One of the most inspiring books I've read, with great Bible teaching. This is my top recommended book for biblical manhood, godly manhood, Kingdom manhood. I'd recommend all my brothers read this, and it is an excellent resource for men's groups to digest and discuss.
Larry Myers
Great book. I am in a Christian Veterans Men Group and we went through the book together. Really makes you rethink some of your ideas what a man is. Our group ranges from 26 to 73 years of age. This book was great for all ages.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Discerning the Voice of God: How to Recognize When God Speaks
  • Sacred Marriage: What If God Designed Marriage to Make Us Holy More Than to Make Us Happy?
  • Quiet Strength: The Principles, Practices & Priorities of a Winning Life
  • Not a Fan: Becoming a Completely Committed Follower of Jesus
  • Shaken: Discovering Your True Identity in the Midst of Life's Storms
  • Sacred Pathways: Discover Your Soul's Path to God
  • Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God
  • Every Man's Battle: Winning the War on Sexual Temptation One Victory at a Time
  • The Circle Maker: Praying Circles Around Your Biggest Dreams and Greatest Fears
  • Crushing: It's Not the End!
  • Play the Man: Becoming the Man God Created You to Be
  • The Richest Man Who Ever Lived: King Solomon's Secrets to Success, Wealth, and Happiness
  • The Wait: A Powerful Practice for Finding the Love of Your Life and the Life You Love
  • Wild at Heart Revised and Updated: Discovering the Secret of a Man's Soul
  • Follow Me: A Call to Die. A Call to Live.
  • The Explicit Gospel
  • King's Cross: The Story of the World in the Life of Jesus
  • The Mentor Leader: Secrets to Building People and Teams That Win Consistently
DR. TONY EVANS is one of the country’s most respected leaders in evangelical circles. He is a pastor, bestselling author, and frequent speaker at Bible conferences and seminars throughout the nation.
Dr. Evans has served as the senior pastor of Oak Cliff Bible Fellowship for nearly 4 decades, witnessing its growth from 10 people in 1976 to now over 10,000 congregants with 100 plus ministries.
Dr. Ev

News & Interviews

“Men, God is not opposed to greatness. God is opposed to pride. Big difference. Unfortunately, it is a difference not widely understood or embraced.” 13 likes
“To fear God simply means to take God seriously, as opposed to taking God casually.” 2 likes