Start by marking “On The Line” as Want to Read:
On The Line

On The Line

Sixteen-year-old Piper Wesley has always been better at hooking fish than guys. But with her best friend Benny by her side, she’s never minded. And besides, her fishing skills have made her a celebrity in her hometown of Islamorada, an island paradise in the Florida Keys.

So when a slump in tourism threatens to sink her family’s fishing charter business, Piper recruits Ben
Published March 7th 2012 by CreateSpace (first published March 5th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about On The Line, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On The Line

FloeticFlo
Apr 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
When I saw that this books takes place in my home of Florida, I couldn't say no. But I didn't expect to love it as much as I did. This was a really great read! I tore through it, reading it in a few hours over a couple of plane rides. I couldn't put it down....

Full review on http://booknerdsacrossamerica.blogspo...
Simmy
Jun 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic Book ! I Loved Piper-- she is so real-- not perfect, but a great likable person who I could relate too and was cheering for the whole time ! Her boy friends were so cute too-- I had to keep reading to find out who she would pick ! Great plot with enough action and surprises so it wasn't predictable at all-- great book for the summer !!!
Sarah523
Jun 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved on On The Line! So far it's the best YA book I've read this year. If you don't know about Piper Wesley yet, start reading now!
Rebekah
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

I had a hard time getting into this one at first but by the end I found that overall I enjoyed the read. This is an interesting story that involves fishing, teenagers, turtles, and friendship.
Andrea
Nov 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I was scared I might not like this book but surprisingly the story was really good!
I loved all the characters as they were realistic. Even the ones that had a minor role were important in a way and added something special to the book. I especially liked the fact that the story was settled in South Florida where I live and even though I don't know much about fishing (more like a anything) I enjoyed every chapter and never got bored.
Also the whole mystery thing with Benny, Pipers best friend, add
Betsy
Mar 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great vacation minus the airfare! Even though I'm a bit older than the target demographic for this book, I found it smart and funny. The dialogue is well written and realistic, and even though I know nothing about fishing, the author did a great job explaining it to the reader without being boring or overly detailed. It's unpredictable, and even though its technically YA, I believe it can appeal to readers of all ages. Glad the door was left open for Piper and the gang, I hope to see more of the ...more
Natasha Chowdory
Sep 26, 2015 rated it it was ok
It should have 1 star but gets 2 stars for all the detail about fishing.
How on earth do books like this pass the editing process? The story is predictable and the characters are this weird halfway house between being interesting and really bloody annoying. I don't quite have the mental capacity for anything more than bubblegum at the moment but this is worse than trash!

Avoid.
Nina
Aug 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
What a refreshing summer read! I found this book incredibly absorbing. It was very hard to put down. I got totally invested in Piper's story. And I have to say, I am not particularly interested in fishing. But this book made me interested in fishing! Piper is an extremely likable protagonist. I highly recommend this book to YA fans.
Ny Reads
Jun 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I just read this book this summer and really enjoyed it. The story was really intriguing, with characters a teen can relate to so easily. And unlike some YA fiction, the quality of the writing matched the quality of the story. Writing like this seems effortless, and that's the best part.
Sara
Jun 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
after reading this book i REALLY wanted to go fishing! i loved the plot charactors setting and all THAT JAZZ AND THOUGHT IT WAS A WONDERFUL STORY. at times i did think the main charactor was a bit moody and self centered but she also had a big heart for what the things and people she loved.
Lindsay
Jul 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Great stand-alone novel. The plot was fast-paced and excited.
Victoria
Jul 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is a great book to read
Amanda
The story was decent, but the editing made this book somewhat painful at times.
Stefanie
Jun 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Book for younger readers but well written. Like I have said about other books....reminds me of a rated PG family movie.
Page
Jun 07, 2012
Amy
Sep 05, 2012
Jackie Bardenwerper
Mar 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jamescy