Start by marking “The Awakening Society (The Awakening Society #1)” as Want to Read:
The Awakening Society (The Awakening Society #1)

The Awakening Society

(The Awakening Society #1)

Tonya Hughes is bittersweet about her last appointment for the Awakening Society. For twenty years she’s done her part to shape the young men of Savannah into lovers any Southern woman would want. But her teaching has come to an end. Unable to continue the line, she plans to ‘retire’ from the Society, after one last Awakening.

To Harrison Walker, the appointment with the st
Kindle Edition, First Edition, 28 pages
Published February 4th 2012 by Jennifer Madden

To ask other readers questions about The Awakening Society, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Awakening Society

Trekkie
Dec 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: annoying-author
Interesting concept, but tbh, I'm growing increasingly annoyed at writers chopping a story into multiple parts, giving away the first section of the story for free, ending it on a cliffhanger and then holding the rest of the story at a ransom. If you really think your story is worth $2.99 for a measly 87 pages, then sell the bloody thing for $2.99 for 87 pages.
Saunders
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2015, two-parter
too short to have any impact and as you can see the author left the fate of the two characters to the readers - however you find out what happens when you read the blurb on book 2!

undeveloped and could have been much better if there was more to the story.
Jane
Oct 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Tonya has a family heritage and gives services to young men with The Awakening Society where she gives them their first experience with a woman. She is ready to retire and her last client is a young man that a contract was made at his birth to come to her for an introduction on how to please a woman. Harrison not only gives her last experience memories but despite being told she would never have a child, she finds herself expecting. The author gave readers a choice to how the next episode of the ...more
Shawna
Feb 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
It was interesting. Not my normal choice of reads, but overall it was a nice change of pace. Let's just say she breaks young men in.. and it leaves you with a cliff hanger about what will come next.. I personally don't wish to read the following novels, but I could see it becoming an addictive series if it strikes your interest. I defiantly recommend this is you are wanting a quick read or something a little different.
Monica Akinyi Odhiambo
Sep 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
A short romance,of how the Savannah group have this Awakening group that supposed to teach men how to treat their Southern wives,once they get married.Just like here in Africa,where we have like so called Aunties to induct us in everything from sex,to how to keep a husband and stuff.Anyway good read.
Sm
Nov 11, 2014 rated it liked it
this is just a short-short story - liked it well enough for what it was
and it applies a bit of an interesting concept at the end - the author allowed the readers to decide the final fate of the characters (I was obviously late to the game and the selection for the ultimate direction of the characters has already been made in the sequel, but I thought it was pretty cool)
Deb Diem
Jul 17, 2015 rated it liked it
The Awakening Society by J.M. Madden is a very short read. This book is not for anyone that doesn't like sex in their reading material. I enjoyed this book and look forward to reading more from J.M. Madden in the future. This is a complete book, not a cliff-hanger.
Annie
Mar 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica, short-story
I really enjoyed this story. Young boy learning the ways of the horizontal mambo with a more experienced teacher. I think its a great idea myself :)
Both characters were very likable. Sex scenes were great. Overall a good book.
Dara Ames
Sep 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved the whole idea behind this book, as well as the reader-input for the sequel. Older, experienced woman and younger, inexperienced man. What's not to like! Highly recommend this book to those who enjoy erotic romance with feeling!
Angel **Book Junkie**
To be honest: The premise of this book was Horrible. I didn't like it I don't like the idea and this is not the type of awakening society I want anything to do with. It was disappointing from the beginning to end. But try it you might like it!
Jeanne Mccartney
Nov 13, 2014 rated it liked it
Interesting and enjoyable premise. You could see where such a society could have existed in the south for many years.
Candace Clark
Mar 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wonderfully written... a thought-provoking look at love. I will definitely be reading more from J.M. Madden!
Veronica
Aug 10, 2013 rated it it was ok
Different.
Kent
Dec 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Kent by: Donna J
This was a nice story and I will eventually read the next story, but right now I can't justify the cost for 60 pages.
Leanne Crabtree
I was enjoying it, expecting a happy ending when it ended and gave us the chance to choose an ending...not sure how i feel about that...
Steph Ramirez
Nov 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book helped me get out of my reading block that I've been in for many months. I loved it!
Laurel
May 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kiw-authors, romance
I only have one problem with this story - it's too short! I typically read longer things but if you can follow this with Tempt Me, then you get the longer story. Great writing!
Karen
Jan 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Was really good read and had me all excited to be able to read part 2
Cindy Caron
Feb 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Cute and quirky. Enjoyed this. It was short and sweet. The story was unique. I really liked the fact that it gave you a choice on the ending.
Rachel
Oct 08, 2013 marked it as owned-to-read
*downloaded free on ARE
Katie
Jun 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars A very short read. I love the concept of allowing the readers to choose the storyline of the next book
Tracy
Feb 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
I like the book. I was not sure I would like the book. But in came intestine to me.
Kath
Jun 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Three stars because of short novella, intrigued to know what happens next to this couple. Surprised at the end, didn't see that coming !
Jen Lord
Summer  Time
Feb 11, 2018
Tammy
Jan 07, 2015
Goodreads Librari...: Can you separate these two editions 2 189 Apr 29, 2017 01:11PM
  • The Millionaire Tempted Fate
  • Steal Me
  • Dreamweaver (Wild Men of Alaska, #3)
  • Hot For Teacher (Submission University, #1)
  • In the Arms of a Soldier (Soldier, #3)
  • Trial by Fire (All Fired Up, #2)
  • Harm's Hunger (Bad in Boots, #1)
  • A Sinful Proposal (The Billionaire Seduction, #1)
  • The Girl with the Cat Tattoo (Cool Cats, #1)
  • Their Newborn Gift (Outback Baby Tales, #3)
  • Under His Hands
  • The Demon Master's Wife (Forced To Serve, #2)
  • Strong Enough to Love (Jackson, #1.2)
  • A Fair to Remember (Welcome to Redemption, #2)
  • Roses in Ecuador
  • Love at First Bite (Just a Little Taste, #1)
  • Right Moves (Playing With the Boys, #1)
  • Wolf Medicine
NY Times and USA Today Bestselling author J.M. Madden writes compelling romances between 'combat modified' military men and the women who love them. J.M. Madden loves any and all good love stories, most particularly her own. She has two beautiful children and a husband who always keeps her on her toes.

J.M. was a Deputy Sheriff in Ohio for nine years, until hubby moved the clan to Kentucky. When no

The Awakening Society (2 books)
  • Tempt Me (The Awakening Society, #2)