Start by marking “The Writers' and Artists' Yearbook 2013” as Want to Read:
The Writers' and Artists' Yearbook 2013

The Writers' and Artists' Yearbook 2013

4.23  ·  Rating details ·  87 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
The bestselling guide to markets in all areas of the media, completely revised and updated, and this year in its 106th edition. With a new foreword by a famous author and several brand new articles by authors and publishing insiders.

It also contains a wealth of practical information on a huge range of topics including copyright, finance, submitting a manuscript and e-publ
Published September 15th 2012 by A&C Black

To ask other readers questions about The Writers' and Artists' Yearbook 2013, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Writers' and Artists' Yearbook 2013

Paula de Santana
Aug 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The Writers and Artists Yearbook is published annually and it basically has the contact details for publishers, editors and commissioning editors of UK newspapers, magazines, book publishers, film, TV and radio producers. It also holds some valuable information about who belongs to what newspaper or publishing group; how to market your writing; how to approach different editors; how to present your ideas and what standard they would expect from you.

Like any other handbook, this is a reference gu
M.D. Bowden
Nov 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
I loved the articles by famous authors, but as a self-published author myself I thought the info on self-publishing wasn't particularly useful. If you want a traditional publishing deal this book has lots of info to help you go about it. I recommend all writers get a copy of this book.
Phil Syphe
Oct 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
This large volume covers a lot of ground, featuring info on literary agents and publishers, plus numerous articles to suit a different authors.

Although it has "2013" written on the cover, this was actually published during 2012.

This tome is especially worth checking out if you're an unpublished or a self-published author. It would be more sensible, of course, to purchase the most recent edition, though there are still lots of features in this if you can get it cheaper than the latest one.

Kay Bolton
Aug 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
I think that the number of Reviews' for this publication speak for themselves - the good points and bad points being upheld in equal measure as far as I am concerned.

One would hope that they have reached this edition without the relevant details being fully updated each time, but as this is my first time of purchase that remains to be seen I guess.

For the short time I have had this reference work, it has given me some valuable help, therefore 4 stars from me.

I believe that the 2014 edition has n
Mark
Feb 22, 2013 rated it liked it
I am a member of The Society of Authors and have been writing and published for many years ( http://markmacduff.com ) and throughout my time writing I have frequently kept a copy of the W&A Yearbook to hand. Pleasingly they have always kept a uniform layout from year to year but in 2013 they have introduced new sections to the book to bring it as up to date as possible. I would recommend it to any aspiring writer as an essential work of reference and guidance.
Cocaine
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Forget all the self help books, this is the only one you will need. Supported by virtually every author of renown, many of whom contribute with advice and experience. This book has every literary agents name and address and also every publishers. There is no better book for any budding writer to seek wisdom from.
Paul
Aug 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Very good resource for all writers to have cluttering up a shelf at home. You will reference it often.

Succinctly and simply written and blows the Fog of War away from the whole writing industry.

Very handy!
Deepak Viji
Nov 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Deepak by: saiprasanth
Shelves: year-book-2013
i think this book will be interesting. this website is so good
George Kelly
Oct 19, 2014
K.D. Thomas
Oct 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Various is the correct author for any book with multiple unknown authors, and is acceptable for books with multiple known authors, especially if not all are known or the list is very long (over 50).

If an editor is known, however, Various is not necessary. List the name of the editor as the primary author (with role "editor"). Contributing authors' names follow it.

Note: WorldCat is an excellent res
More about Various...