Start by marking “Winter's Destiny” as Want to Read:
Winter's Destiny

Winter's Destiny

She's an architect, a wife, and a mother, but the quiet life ends suddenly for Amy Johnson. Alone, with a fall gale howling around the rafters, she turns to see a woman’s rain-streaked face staring at her through the dark window.

The face is identical to her own!

Instantly, Amy’s life crumbles. Her husband leaves, her only child disappears, and something sinister surrounds
Published January 24th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Winter's Destiny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winter's Destiny

Start your review of Winter's Destiny
Ruth
Sep 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amy Johnson is a successful architect married to a doctor and the mother of a little boy whom she loves deeply. At home one night she hears a sound and turns to the window to see what it is. Who would ever expect to see a figure at their window who is not only bloody but looks just like you?!! Amy's life takes a quick turn from the normal. She finds herself looking for the woman at the window only to have her son go missing and her life in constant peril.

Allan has written a successful thriller.
Echo
If Goodreads allowed me to rate half stars, then I would give this novel 3.5 stars.

“Winter’s Destiny” is a mystery/thriller/romance novel about a woman who sees an image of herself bleeding outside of her house and then her life collapses around her. It is a fast, intense, lightning-paced read that you won’t want to put down until the amazing conclusion.

I loved this book. It started out quick and, like another reviewer said, I wasn’t sure if the author would be able to keep up the pace but she
Becky
Aug 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: great-reading
A woman who seems to have everything,a nice home, money, a job as an architect with a wonderful little boy and a demanding, frigid husband finds her life in a total tail spin after seeing the face of a woman who looks exactly like her in the window of her home on a stormy night. All of a sudden her husband walks out on her, her "less than hospitible" sister in law disappears with Amy's son, Jamie, people are getting killed, houses burnt to the ground, and her mother, diagnosed with Alzheimers, ...more
Sue
Jan 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alone, with a fall gale howling around the rafters, Amy Johnstone turns to see a woman’s rain-streaked face staring back at her through the dark window.

The face is...identical to her own!

Instantly, Amy's life crumbles. Something sinister surrounds her and those she loves. She is catapulted into a world she knows nothing about--a place where a killer rules, where her life is in constant peril, and where her child has been taken.

WINTER’S DESTINY is an edge-of-the-seat thriller - love story set
Katie
Jun 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this as a Goodreads first read. My mom asked me if I had anything she could read while I finished up my last book so I passed this to her. She normally takes 3-4 days to read anything and she finished this in 2. She told me after she finished that I needed to hurry because this book was FANTASTIC!!! Now having finished this I must say she was right! I LOVED this book! I was completely hooked from page one! It was so action-packed that I had to force myself to put it down to sleep! I ...more
Jody Skalski
Oct 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fast paced book. I read this in three days and really liked it to the very end. Right from page one, it kept you interested and on the edge of your seat. I would definitely recommend this one if you like mystery, surprises, great characters and good writing. Well done!
Leigh
May 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a thriller that was so good. You never figured it out ahead of time like most. Keep me not wanting to put it down when I just had to. Worth it.....for sure. Will look for more by Nancy Allan!!
Lili
Apr 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not very often a book grabs me in the first few pages, but this one did. An exceptionally pacy, exciting read. Perhaps a little unrealistic in the numerous close escapes, nevertheless I enjoyed the read.
Lisa Sanders
Mar 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book hit the floor running! After the first chapter, I wondered how the author would keep up the pace through the rest of the book! She did! Lots of twists, turns and surprises in this fast read!
Karla
Jul 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Full of suspense from beginning to end, a book that really keeps your attention.
Lynn (Ellesea Loves Reading)
Another great free freebie from Amazon. A gritty story about Amy, who discovers that her perfect life wasn't was it seemed! A fast paced, twist and turn page turner.
Vacrocheter
Aug 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: loved
I loved this book! I agree with many of the other reviews, this book grabbed my attention from the first paragraph. I read the book in 2 days, something I rarely do.
Robin perez
Mar 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
intense, some predictability, but the story flowed well and kept you in suspense.
Sharould
Jun 02, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book in a day . I loved it .
Keith
Mar 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Well written, fast paced, a real good story, characters are believable and come to life...a spectacular ending.
Ellis Phillips
Apr 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: winter-s-destiny
I really enjoyed reading this story. It is a very fast read, I never wanted to put it down. It really kept me on the edge of my seat. I look forward to more books from Nancy Allan
Erika
Nov 23, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
good book some parts hard to follow and believe but enjoyable. Read it in one day...good plot and had me guessing some and some was easy to figure out.
Lisa
Mar 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Really?

When I first started reading this I thought I had finally found a book that I won't want to put down and I couldn't wait to see what happened next. Truth is I couldn't wait to see what happened next because I just wanted it.to be over already! There were some good edge of your seat moments but there was a whole lot of really? Another one? I think it could have been a really great story but to me it seemed like the author was trying too hard and forgot that sometimes less is more. There
LyndaIn Oregon
Sep 27, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Jumbled thriller that starts with a woman in a remote house on the Oregon coast seeing a face identical to her own through a rain-spattered window. This sets off an unlikely scenario of deceit, deception, and a pursuit that piles one peril on top of another.
Angela Gascoigne
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This action packed thriller kept me turning the pages till the very end to see what would happen next. I enjoyed the romantic aspect of the story and the ending was just what I hoped for. A highly enjoyable read!
Cheryl A. Swift
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly Enjoyed

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. There were enough twists and turns to keep things interesting. The story kept moving and threw surprises and it made me want to finish it. I will be reading more of Nancy's books. It's nice to find a new author to read!
monica gibbs
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Action

From the first page to the last this story keeps you on the edge of your seat. Enjoyed reading it, truly.
Pat
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A 5 Star book

This book pulls you in right away with the face in the window that is exactly like yours. Was Amy imagining it or was it real?
Leu  Hayes
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Exciting, Intense, Rewarding

Exceptional read, Keeps you stimulated and asking what else could go wrong, how much can that person take, when will it end!
Pam
Feb 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Typical romance/suspense

Kept my interest. Descriptions of Oregon coast intriguing. Resolution not so obvious as to make the book boring. Very light, quick reading.
Cheri Lajaunie
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great Read

This book was really good! Good read if you love action! Also, has just the right amount of romance thrown in!
Clara
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I have read by this author and it was great. Had me wanting to keep reading and not put it down. I can honestly say I will be reading more books by this author.
Kim Page
Sep 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic!! I was up 'til 4 in the morning finishing this book...yes it was that good, I literally couldn't put it down!!
Right from the very beginning I was drawn in by the excitement and intrigue of the story as well as Amy the main character. As the story went on the cast of characters just got better...I loved it and can't imagine giving it less than 5 stars!!
Aimeekay
Apr 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I went into Winter's Destiny thinking it would be different than what it was. Not from the summary, which I read, but based on the title. I know that sounds odd, but even after finishing the book I couldn't figure out the relationship between the two. However Winter's Destiny kept me interested from the beginning to end and I enjoyed all the different twists and turns.

Let's start with the characters. I liked watching them handle all the situations that the author put them in. Really the book
Bonnie Ferrante
Jun 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was surprised to learn that this was Nancy Allan's first book. She knows how to grab the reader and keep her until the very end. Whenever I thought the action was winding down, it jumped up another notch. There were a few times when I thought the plot was weak or far-fetched but not enough to stop my interest in the story.

The heroine is stubborn and reckless but her love for her son and her bravery make the reader invest in Amy's well-being. The sheriff doesn't seem to catch on that he can't
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Deer Season
  • Summer People (Ray Elkins Mystery #1)
  • Deadly Arrangements (Flower Shop Mystery #2)
  • The Triple Shot Box (Goodey's Last Stand, Not Sleeping Just Dead & Fighting Back): Three Gritty Crime Novels
  • Sanders' Starfish (John Sanders Book 1)
  • Unauthored Letters (John Sanders Series)
  • Goodey's Last Stand (Joe Goodey Mysteries #1)
  • Her Silent Cry (Detective Josie Quinn #6)
  • Lord Haversham Takes Command (Miss Delacourt #4)
  • Exclusive
  • Dear Emily
  • The Honeymooner (Paradise Bay #1)
  • Whisked Away (Paradise Bay #2)
  • The Suite Life (Paradise Bay #3)
  • A New Life (Escape #1)
  • Change of Hart (Hart, #1)
  • Three Abductions and an Earl (Parvenues & Paramours, #1)
  • Mistress of Two Fortunes and a Duke: A Regency Romance Novel (Parvenues & Paramours 2)
I live in the Pacific Northwest where coffee, salmon, and rain rule. My favorite pastimes are traveling, poking around new places, and searching for the sun.

With a formal education in television broadcasting and communications and a background in television production, I come from a media where seconds count, scripts are analyzed for word power, and words paint living memories. It's astounding how
“desktop and the letter fluttered onto the stack of bills. Minutes ticked by. All those late nights—the clinic, the gym, the hospital, the conferences. She should have guessed. When did it start?” 0 likes
“lovetowrite22@gmail.com” 0 likes