Start by marking “Attack on Titan, Vol. 3 (Attack on Titan, #3)” as Want to Read:
Attack on Titan, Vol. 3 (Attack on Titan, #3)

Attack on Titan, Vol. 3

(Attack on Titan #3)

TRAITOR

The last thing Eren remembers before blacking out, a Titan had bitten off his arm and leg and was getting ready to eat him alive. Much to his surprise he wakes up without a scratch on him, with a crowd of angry soldiers screaming for his blood. What strange new power has he awakened, and what will happen when the boy devoted to destroying the Titans becomes one h
Published December 4th 2012 by Kodansha Comics (first published December 9th 2010)

Bradley
Feb 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
While it's still pretty good and it's setting up how the rest of the series is going while showing a bit of an alternate run at the same time, the action slowed down some in favor of some interesting tactics.

Oh, and surprise! :)
Mario
Jun 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5

Not as amazing as the first two volumes, but still really good. Moving on to vol. 4.
Shannon
2nd reading: I actually want to continue when I didn't want to originally. And I really want to know what Eren's father was up to. Adding a star.

~

Original review:
I don't know guys ...

I think the only reason I finished this was because I had two appointments this week that both ran behind so I had about 30 minutes of boring time stuck in waiting rooms.

That doesn't really say much about this, huh?

Or maybe it says a lot.
Nerdish Mum
Mar 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
I do wish the art would get better quicker. It's the only thing I'm currently not enjoying and when I'm trying to figure out who is who and what's happening it's pulling me out of a great story! I'm really looking forward to finding out more about the mysteries and how things are going to progress
Annie
Jan 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really good, though I like ist less than the first two volumes.
Also, I'm madly in love with Mikasa.
Aleksa Isabel Litan
May 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is really an intense volume. I couldn't get enough of it.

So, I'm not really a fan of writing long reviews so I'll keep this short:

It's nice to see Armin's character to develop from a cowardly lad to a courageous intellectual soldier. He might be one of my favorite characters, but Rivaille will always be the first in my list :)

The art is still the same, but I've learned to accept it and love it as it is. Though, I am always welcome for improvements.

I can't wait to read the next volume, I
Nərmin
I think action manga is better executed in anime. I prefer anime in this one.
I am not necessarily fan of this type of art, but the art generally is okay. The intense confrontation at the beginning was my favorite part. Good job, Armin!
Rob
Dec 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Story
We get some interesting developments in this where some questions from the end of the first volume are finally answered, but many new ones are introduced in their place.

You get a real feeling for the terror that the Titans have so embedded into humanity that really reflects mankind's fear of things the don't understand.

This volume also includes a small side story on Captain Levi, who is probably my second favorite character in the series. He's not a very likable guy, but he's a total bada
Tabea Vanessa
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Its just as awesome as I expected and I cannot wait to continue in this series! ...more
Lashaan Balasingam (Bookidote)
Pretty interesting to see how hard it is for humanity to reconcile with their limited options for survival. Sometimes you just have to leave behind rationality in order to embrace those crazy alternatives. Even if those alternatives might bite you back on the ass.

There's less going on, and what does happen is a bit predictable. I'm still curious to see where it'll go.

Yours truly,

Lashaan | Blogger and Book Reviewer
Official blog: https://bookidote.com/
lydia
Oct 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
“My speciality is slicing of meat. If necessary I can display that talent at any time. So if there's anyone here who'd like to experience it firsthand... please, step right up.”

Mikasa is my favourite heroine of all time. The queen of badassery. If you need a strong female character in your life, you should give her a chance.

The only reason I have to deduct a star is because the artwork is still a bit confusing.
Kit
Dec 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Vast improvements are being made in the story and characterization. The mysterious relation between Eren and the titans is just beginning to get some good traction here and characters are proving more interesting and compelling when fleshed out. Gotta love Mikasa.
I think what I like best about this series is how...um...un-anime it can be at times. Sure, it still has the Determined to Do My Best™ and I Will Fight To My Last Breath™ that a lot of Shōnen series have, but underneath, there is a ver
Karolina Kat
Feb 04, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dystopia, manga
Usually the manga gives the reader a better, more detailed story than the anime adaptation. It seems though that in the case of Shingeki no Kyojin it's the other way around. The plot is not explored in such in-depth manner as in the anime and the graphic presentation is really terrible.

The only reason I did not drop the series is because we need to wait for season 2 of anime another year or more.
Marialena I.
May 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
An amazing volume!!!! From the revealing truth concerning Eren to the courage that Armin showed!!! Mikasa was as perfect as always!!! A must-read!!!
Roy
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this alot. Some decent amounts of action, characters are slowly building. My only issue is that the plot slowed little in the middle of the novel.
Jewels Emily
Oct 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
That ending was so not okay.
James DeSantis
May 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Review to come
Cristina
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
i absolutly loved this
Eren's development has taken such a turn and he really is starting to become even more one of the key elements to this story. I'm really eager to learn what his father's basement holds.
Layla Ahmed
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
It has one little more details than the episode!! excited..!!
Mike
In my review of Volume 1, I wrote that I was scared to continue this series because I was afraid that it wouldn't live up to its massive potential. I'm still early on in the series, but so far, that doesn't seem to be the case. The series remains as invigorating as when I picked it up over a year ago, and it's by far the best manga series I've ever read. Reading this manga is an immersive experience - it's actually quite astounding to me how long Isayama can maintain a dark mood without it feeli ...more
Gabi
Feb 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
WHOA. THE INTENSITY. THEY BETTER FIGURE OUT SOMETHING QUICKLY!
Yon Nyan (BiblioNyan)
May 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-seinen
This was an extremely intense volume. At times it was very gut-wrenching and my heart would not stop pounding. The action is absolutely phenomenal and I'm so utterly in love with it! It was impossible to put down once I had started it.

There are a few things that I truly enjoyed about this volume. The first, and probably the most important, was the character development. A couple of characters grow in this chapter due to all of the insanity that they are surrounded in and one of the characters in
Anesha †Curious & Obsessive Bookworm†
And the plot thickens even more~~!!
I love the dedication Mikasa has for Eren... I just love her and she's a badass!! *.*

I hate how the humans were so quickly away with the elimination when he was the one who literally saved them!! smh. Silly silly silly... Now I need to get to vol. 4 but sleep is a cruel thing !! ugh
Lynnette
Sep 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
AWESOME JUST AWESOMEEEE
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Dec 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Getting more interesting as the story goes along. Even though you're wondering about the titans, you still can't stop reading. And those titan designs. Creepy. The covers look cool.
Kayla Eklund
Jun 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, library
I liked this volume, although it was a bit weird compared to the other volumes. Not a lot got resolved as far as the plot goes. Hopefully more will happen in volume four.
Tracey
Jul 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Okay, this one just made me irritated. Now all of a sudden, Eren can't control the titan and is stuck in limbo or some shit. I don't appreciate unnecessary drama. You have enough to deal with.
Ahmet
it is either my speaking or translation has a problem. idk which one. I like the story. hope it gets more exciting. 200 pages of a book is so short. They should put more chapters in a volume...
Dario
Three volumes in, I don't really know how to feel about this series. The story is original, but I'm having troubles with the drawings and the character developments, the latter which I found far too cliché. The anime looks a lot better in my opinion.

• 黒子のバスケ 10 [Kuroko no Basuke 10] (Kuroko's Basketball, #10)
  • Deadman Wonderland Volume 6 (Deadman Wonderland, #6)
  • Bloody Monday Vol. 2
  • 青の祓魔師 13 [Ao no Exorcist 13] (Blue Exorcist, #13)
  • Gantz/7
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 17 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #17)
  • Kraken
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 10 [Tokyo Guru 10] (Tokyo Ghoul, #10)
  • Playing with Food
  • 約束のネバーランド 4 [Yakusoku no Neverland 4] (The Promised Neverland, #4)
Japanese name: 諫山創

Hajime Isayama (諫山 創 Isayama Hajime, born 1986) is a Japanese manga artist from Ōyama, Ōita. His first and currently ongoing serial, Attack on Titan, has sold over 22 million copies as of July 2013. He has mentioned Tsutomu Nihei, Ryōji Minagawa, Kentaro Miura, Hideki Arai and Tōru Mitsumine as artists he respects, but stated that the manga that had the biggest influence on him

Attack on Titan (1 - 10 of 29 books)
  • Attack on Titan, Vol. 1 (Attack on Titan, #1)
  • Attack on Titan, Vol. 2 (Attack on Titan, #2)
  • Attack on Titan, Vol. 4 (Attack on Titan, #4)
  • Attack on Titan, Vol. 5 (Attack on Titan, #5)
  • Attack on Titan, Vol. 6 (Attack on Titan, #6)
  • 進撃の巨人 7 [Shingeki no Kyojin 7] (Attack on Titan, #7)
  • 進撃の巨人 8 [Shingeki no Kyojin 8] (Attack on Titan, #8)
  • 進撃の巨人 9 [Shingeki no Kyojin 9] (Attack on Titan, #9)
  • 進撃の巨人 10 [Shingeki no Kyojin 10] (Attack on Titan, #10)
  • Attack on Titan, Vol. 11 (Attack on Titan, #11)