Start by marking “Tales of the Otherworld (Otherworld Stories, #II)” as Want to Read:
Tales of the Otherworld (Otherworld Stories, #II)

Tales of the Otherworld

(Otherworld Stories #2)

New York Times bestselling author Kelley Armstrong has bewitched audiences with her Otherworld series of supernatural thrillers. Now, in this new collection of shorter fiction, some of Armstrong’s most tantalizing lead characters appear alongside her unforgettable supporting players, who step out of the shadows and into the light.

Have you ever wondered how lone wolf Clay
Published November 27th 2012 by Bantam (first published April 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Tales of the Otherworld, please sign up.
Sheherazahde Yes. That is covered in the novel "Dime Store Magic" when Kristof sues Paige for custody of Savanah.

We first met Savanah in "Stollen" after her mothe…more

We first met Savanah in "Stollen" after her mother has already died trying to escape. That story ends with Paige getting custody of Savanah. (less)
Sheherazahde The story in this collection covers her leaving Kristof. She just wrote him a note and took off.

The first time we learn about Eve and Savanah in the …more

The first time we learn about Eve and Savanah in the novels is in "Stollen" where she is already dead.

Eve Levine has her own novel "Haunted" but that also takes place after she is dead. She is a recurring character in the novels, but all after she died.

The two stories in this collection are the only ones I have read so far where Eve is alive. I don't know if there are other short stories about her life after Kristof and before she died. I haven't read the rest of the anthologies yet. (less)

Start your review of Tales of the Otherworld (Otherworld Stories, #II)
Kat Kennedy
Aug 01, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the Women of the Otherworld series
Recommended to Kat Kennedy by: Tatiana
This is only a review for Elena and Clay's portion of Tales of the Otherworld as I never read the series past Stolen and they were the only couple I was interested in.

In some ways, I was really glad I'd read it and in others I somewhat despaired. Beginnings is the story of how Clay and Elena met and fell in love, roughly set ten years before Bitten where they finally resolve their issues and relationship.

And that's the big problem for me. I'd always imagined, while reading Bitten, that they had
Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*
I'm completely gaga over The Women of the Otherworld series. It's hard to put these down - not only am I going through the novels in order (thirteen full length), but also the several novellas and anthology collections. This is the first anthology I've taken on for the series, and if they continue to be as good as this one, I'll end up enjoying these almost as much as the full-length novels. This is one of the highest recommended because it has Elena and Clay's novella where they first meet and ...more
AH
As I was reading this book, I felt like I was back with some old friends. Two summers ago, I tore through Kelley Armstrong’s Women of the Otherworld series. I love the books. I can’t get enough of my favourite characters. I want more!

I did get more. I got more Clay and Elena, more Paige and Lucas, and more of the rest of the great cast of characters that inhabit this world. This is a collection of 8 stories featuring these characters. My one and only criticism is that a few of the shorter stori
Woman Reading
3.5 ☆

I read less than half of Tales of the Otherworld, which is an anthology with eight stories about multiple characters and supernatural species from the Otherworld. I only focused on the three werewolf stories from this anthology: "Birthright," "Beginnings," and "Ghosts." The longest was "Beginnings," which was set 10 years before Bitten because it's about the rocky start to Elena Michaels and Clayton Danvers' long and tumultuous relationship.

From a human perspective, Clay clearly behaves s
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Reviewed on Rabid Reads

It's been a few months since I've read a book by Kelly Armstrong but within moments of starting this one I was reminded why she's one of my all-time favorite authors. Her writing skills are top notch and her characters are so real I feel as if they're my friends. Tales of the Otherworld is a real treat for both new and old fans because it offers a peak into this series without commitment but also offers new insights into your favorite characters. There was one particular s
Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}
I ordered a signed copy of this book a few days ago with the warning that I wouldn't receive it until May and then to my surprise it came through my letter box this morning!

The Introduction explains that these stories were all previously available online on the author's website except of course the new story, Bewitched.

Rebirth - This is Aaron's story (first seen in Stolen) of how he became a vampire and how he met Cassandra (also first seen in Stolen). I found this story interesting as it e
Siobhan
May 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was rather excited to read The Case of El Chupacabra as I was eager to get a decent length tale told from the point of view of my favourite male from the Women of the Otherworld series – Lucas. I will be honest and say this story wasn’t quite what I had expected, but I enjoyed being given the chance to read a story that followed Lucas and the drama of his life.

In truth, this wasn’t quite a full four-star rating. I believe the reason for this is that I set my standards a bit too high when I rea
Luke
Nov 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rebirth
★★★☆☆
Basically, it follows Aaron as he becomes a vampire. It was enjoyable. There was a paragraph that amused me: the one where the word "sh*t" is thrown around—a lot. My only issue is that it was short, that not too much happened—apart from the "rebirth" of Aaron, that is—and I wish there was more to it. That aside, it was still a good read.

Bewitched
★★★★☆
When Eve and Kristof met . . . I'm totally on board. Eve always surprises me—I accepted that fact when I read Haunted. And Kristof sur
carol.
I enjoyed reading the Tales of the Otherworld, but would suspect it is a book largely for fans.

"Rebirth" is a vampire birthing tale, which was moderately interesting. I had forgotten how vampires worked in Armstrong's world. "Bewitched" was one of the better stories, and describes the meeting and sweet romance between Eve Levine and Kristof Nast. I've always had a problem with Eve's character in Armstrong books, because her characterization varies so much depending on which book/story. When she
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁

Rebirth - How Aaron became a vampire and met Cassandra.

Bewitched - This is the story of how Eve and Kristof met and fell in love. And also the specifics concerning why she left him. Fair warning--it's as lovely as it is heartbreaking.

Birthright - Logan POV. How he joined the Pack.

Beginnings - At close to 200 pages this is closer to a short story than a novella (not that I'm complaining). It's included in the Tales of the Otherworld collection, and it is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

I'm talking OMGOMG!
Christine
The stories in this collection are mostly okay. There are two and half stand-outs, but the rest of the stories aren't bad, but just okay. However, one cannot but be joyful at the reason for this book's publication and its use in raising money.

The two stand out stories are the story of Eve and Kristof's relationship and the story of Elena and Clay up until the bit that forms the basis for the interaction in the first novel of the Otherworld series.

In many ways, Eve's story is better, the charact
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁
Lucas and Paige short story with a tiny bit of Sean Nast tossed in. About an alleged vampire killing and how Lucas and Paige came into possession of their office space.
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
This was an awesome collection of short stories. We got some seriously good backstory on these characters. I had not realized just how long it was that Aaron and Cassandra knew each other. I hadn't realized his vampirism was hereditary, either. I liked that story.

Then, we get the story of how Eve met Kristof, loved Kristof and left Kristof. Eve is still one of my favorite characters in this series. She is awesome and Kristof solidified himself as my second favorite hero in this series. I already
Anniken Haga
REREAD 2020

So I have to admit that I heard part of this book as an audiobook, because I'm not able to read a lot these days for health-reasons. Because of that, I just have to say one thing: the male narrator was not good! His female voices and even his ''italian'' accent grated on my ears and made my teeth itch! That did ruin the whole experience a little for me. But other than that, it was a good book with good characters and stories.

Individual stories review:

REBIRTH

This story would probably
Melissa
Dec 03, 2012 marked it as read-part-of  ·  review of another edition
I finished Bitten and realized there were a bunch of prequel short stories to that book, so going by the author's website (I think that's where I got my chronological list of stories) I started with the first.

Rebirth: It's not really related to the characters in Bitten, but it was a good quick read and I'll look forward to see more of those characters somewhere else in the series. Perhaps I'll go check out the publication dates before I go to the next. Either way though I enjoyed Aaron and Cass
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
I enjoyed reading these stories, it all helps build a better picture of the Otherworld. Here's a small review of each story in no particular order.

The Case of El Chupacabra. Forgive me if this was explained in other books, I might've overlooked it, but I didn't know that Sean Nast was gay. That is actually pretty cool, I'm ok with that and want to see where this will go. I liked seeing Lucas and Paige in a more day to day operation investigating this case, and we also have a guest appearance by
Kathy Davie
Feb 05, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
An anthology of eight short stories in the Women of the Otherworld urban fantasy series with Tales of the Otherworld the second in the Otherworld's short stories collection.

The Series
"Ghosts", 01.1
"Wedding Bell Hell", 4.5
"The Case of El Chupacabra", 6.5

The Stories
A couple of the tales are somewhat independent; the rest fill in background on the principal characters in Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld series.

"Re
Lisa (Harmonybites)
Aug 01, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lovers of the Otherworld Series
I greatly enjoy Armstrong's Otherworld books. I wouldn't recommend starting with this one if you haven't read them--these are a grouping of 8 stories, including one novella, and I think their primary pleasure comes from seeing them fill in the gaps in the histories of some favorite characters. They'd definitely act as spoilers for those early books and without that background some readers might be a bit lost, or at least miss some of their impact without the context. So go read Bitten and Stolen ...more
Cindi
May 09, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For those of you who love Kelley Armstrong like I do, I suggest you read this group of shorts/novellas that touch on several series characters and explore the first meeting of Clay and Elena. If you are able, BUY this book (vs. borrow or check it out) because Ms. Armstrong has published Tales ONLY as a charitable endeavor. What a generous lady!

Normally I do not care much for short stories, novellas and anthologies because there is never enough time to bond with the characters. Tales, however, ha
Kathy
Jodi
Dec 16, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's hard not to enjoy a book that has a novella with Clay and Elena. These are short stories set within the Otherworld that Armstrong wrote for her website based on fan request. The Eve/Kristof story, narrated by Eve, is the story of her involvement with him and why she left. In fact, most of these stories are backstories. As such, they lack the immediacy of the books. But learning how Aaron became a vampire and chose to live or setting the stage for Lucas and Paige to run a Cortez office in Po ...more
Vera
Mar 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My rating is for the short story 'Beginnings' alone.
For ages, I felt the desire to read how Clayton and Elena began. Although the backstory is hinted at in 'Bitten' - to read it in full was marvellous. It felt so strange reading the early dynamics in Elena and Clayton's relationship. She really allowed herself to open up to him - but he broke her trust in a serious way. Although Elena is more bitter, and 'hardened' in the later books, I appreciated seeing this more altruistic side to her. She wa
Katie
Apr 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There's one thing I HATE about Kelley Armstrong's books (yes, all of them) - they end. Love her writing, wish there were more.
I try to read slow, but her stories suck me in and they play out like the best movies ever made and next thing I know THE END - you can't "read her words" you simply see her stories.
Stephen
A fantastic collection of stories that further builds on the world Kelley Armstrong has built in the novels.

A must for fans of the Women of the Otherworld series of novels!
Pam Nelson
Rebirth – Aaron becomes a vamp and how he meets Cass, it’s interesting. I am glad we got to get to see who Aaron is even for just a little bit.

Bewitched – This is about Eve and how she meets Kristof. But also about how she got sucked into doing more of the dark magic we always hear so much bad about. I enjoyed seeing Kristof woe Eve it was sweet.

Birthright – Logan, if I am being honest I forgot about him. But I liked getting this glimpse.

Beginnings – Omg, I swear my heart. I really wished I ha
Nancy O'Toole
Tales of the Otherworld is the second collection of short fiction which takes place in the Otherworld universe. The first collection, Men of the Otherworld, was unique as it almost read like a novel, telling us the history of the werewolf pack, while focusing on the characters of Clay and Jeremy. Tales of the Otherworld is a little closer to what you’d expect from such a collection, delivering us the stories that couldn’t fit in the Otherworld novels. Like Men of the Otherworld, the short storie ...more
Tomer
This collection of books does have some new stories, but most of them are simply alternate POVs to earlier books. These serve to expand the previous books and reasoning to the various characters along with additional backgrounds to some of the main events of the series. Obviously this should not be read on its own without reading the rest of the main works first.
chucklesthescot
I waited until the series was finished before I read this anthology. It covers the meetings between popular couples-Aaron and Cassandra, Eve and Kristof and Clay and Elena. We also get the wedding of Paige and Lucas, Logan arriving at Stonehaven and Sean Nast gets himself into trouble at a murder scene.

Being a wolf fan, the main draw here for me was reading about Clay and Elena's story. It is great seeing another side of Clay and you can finally understand why he chose to bite Elena. I really e
Tez
May 17, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Annie
Jun 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a collection of Otherworld short stories and novellas. As a whole, I enjoyed it. If you've read the Otherworld series, you know that the books don't immediately follow right after each other. Time elapses and the characters lives continue (as they did prior to the start of Bitten), but we don't get to see it - they're dark places. You have to think of these stories as illuminating some of those dark places. They don't answer everything and they don't always have a neat, tidy ending, but ...more

• Dates from Hell
  • Wild Sign (Alpha & Omega, #6)
  • Steal the Dragon (Sianim, #2)
  • Into the Woods: Tales from the Hollows and Beyond (The Hollows, #10.1)
  • The Last Warrior (Shifters Unbound #13)
  • A Throne of Swans (A Throne of Swans #1)
  • When He’s Dark  (The Olympus Pride, #1)
  • Alpha (Shifters, #6)
  • Wicked Bite (Night Rebel, #2)
  • Winter Born (Were-Hunter, #1.5; Dark-Hunterverse #6.5)
  • A Dragon's Family Album (Elder Races #6.5-6.7)
  • Wolfsbane (Sianim, #4; Aralorn, #2)
  • The Sinner (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #18)
  • Must Love Hellhounds (Guild Hunter #0.6; Kate Daniels #3.5; The Guardians #5.5; Sookie Stackhouse #9.2)
  • Pia Does Hollywood (Elder Races, #8.6)
  • Kinked (Elder Races, #6)
  • Mean Streets
  • First Surrender (The Serafina: Sin City, #1)
See top shelves…

Otherworld Stories (6 books)
  • Hex Life: Wicked New Tales of Witchery
  • Men of the Otherworld (Otherworld Stories, #1)
  • Otherworld Nights (Otherworld Stories, #3)
  • Otherworld Secrets (Otherworld Stories, #4)
  • Otherworld Chills (Otherworld Stories, #5)

News & Interviews

Secrets between siblings, grandparents with grievances, parents with problems. If you're looking for serious drama, check out these new...
“Lavina led me to an abandoned warehouse. I think that at some point someone decreed that all clandestine meetings must be held in one. Woe to the criminal overlord who lives in a city thriving with commerce, with no empty warehouses to be found. He probably needs to build one, just to have a place to arrange late-night meetings. (Bewitched)” 14 likes