Start by marking “The Gospel According to the Fix: An Insider's Guide to a Less than Holy World of Politics” as Want to Read:

3.77  ·  Rating details ·  70 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
A divine guide to deciphering the sinful world of American politics, from the author of the Washington Post's The Fix

The political world is full of acronyms, shortcuts, and lingoes that stand as a barrier to entry for anyone not in the business. The onset of social media has only made that barrier higher, as insiders tweet furiously to one another in a language most of us
Published July 10th 2012 by Broadway Books (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Gospel According to the Fix, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gospel According to the Fix

James
Mar 07, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Politics is not a game. Well... allow me to rephrase that: politics *should not* be a game. There are systemic problems in many of our societies that only concerted political action has the potential to fix, and so long as the political process is treated as nothing but a glorified pantomime - a spectacle for our distraction and amusement - these systemic problems will continue to go unaddressed.

That's why I always find something slightly distasteful about these self-identifying "political junki
Bookworm
Mar 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Fix of The Washington Post wrote his first book about US Politics. It was a surprisingly fast read, very blog-like, like his work on the WP, (I started it but didn't have a chance to finish it till the weekend) that covers various aspects of the election: why candidates run, what makes a good third party candidate, breaking down his endorsement hierarchy, political ads, etc.

If you have any interest at all in US politics and elections, this is a good book to read, or even as a starter. The au
Ryan
Aug 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was one of those books that I couldn't pass up. I'm not sure anyone who is addicted to politics in the way that I am could. Now I'm not going to sit and pretend that I know everything or that I even given an ounce of my time to learning all there is to know on the subject. I wish I had the time, or made a different career choice in college, but since don't and didn't, I have to rely on pundits that I respect. I'm a big fan of The Fix, the blog written by Chris Cillizza for The Washington Po ...more
Lorene
May 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
I just finished reading an advanced reader copy of this book (Librarian perk.)I loved this book. Chris Cillizza puts the nonsense of politics in perspective. It's smart, funny and entertaining. If you like politics and sports, this is the book for you. It's a great companion to the 2012 Presidential campaign.

Chris offers four great suggestions on how to make Washington work better.MINI SPOILER ALERT. Two great ideas are four year house terms and a ban on political contributions while Congress i
Marcia
Jul 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
This is a book to read if you are interested at all in US politics. Politics inside the DC Beltway is a blood sport. Almost everyone within the Beltway is interested in politics because someone in almost every family is employed by the Federal Government and must deal with politicans on a daily basis. Cillizza knows how it works! Besides explaining why Congress is ineffective and why negative ads work, he also offers some plausible solutions to some problems. He gives many examples of his topics ...more
Alli
I got this book in hopes of learning a bit more about politics. Unfortunately, my library didn't get it for me until after the 2012 election, rendering much of the subject matter irrelevant (at least to me & my interests). The author is a good writer, but assumes that his reader knows more about politics (particularly, names of politicians) than the average citizen does. I got about 100 pages in and returned it after realizing that I was only reading about 5 pages per day.
Alicia Brooks
Jul 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic and funny book about politics. Everything on how to survive a sex scandal to why the candidacy of Ron Paul is like the TV Show "Friday Night Lights". If you're a political nerd at all, you've got to pick it up.
David Richardson
I received this book for free from the Goodreads first-read giveaway. I thought this book was well written but didn't give it a real high rating because I HATE polotics, politicians, and government in general. Oh yea, by his own admission the author really likes parentheses!!
Matt Vocci
Jul 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this book. If you are a fan of the Fix blog on Washingtonpost.com or a follower of the political game, it is a must read.
Heather
First part of the book is more like a what to read next & what blogs to follow. Definitely was a more interesting read the last part of the book. Book is definitely for political junkies....
James Pindell
Jul 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you love the fix - as I do - you will love this book.
Leigh Koonce
Jul 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic! Chris Cillizza crafts a wonderful book, perfect for anyone no matter their level of political knowledge. Full of humor, too. I loved it.
Will