Start by marking “Hot Blooded (Wolf Springs Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
Hot Blooded (Wolf Springs Chronicles, #2)

Hot Blooded

(Wolf Springs Chronicles #2)

Wolf Springs was just going to be a short stop for Katelyn McBride--until she turned 18 and could return to LA on her own. But Katelyn's plans have unraveled.

Katelyn wasn't in Wolf Springs a month when she was attacked by a werewolf. And now she carries that creature's curse in her veins.

But she's not alone. Wolf Springs is home to werewolves. And they swear that it wasn'
Audio, 9 pages
Published July 9th 2013 by Random House Audio Publishing Group (first published December 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Hot Blooded, please sign up.

Sammy
I have a bad feeling about that ending... I mean, there's a murderer out there, and she leaves the safety of the pack... c'mon girl, you could've pretended to like the pack!

This didn't feel like another BOOK to me.... it just felt like an 'in-between' chapter... nothing interesting goes on.
____________________________________

one dark and mysterious, yet perhaps the perfect confidant; the other ferocious and forbidden--a werewolf that she can't keep her hands off of.

Everyone always say the fo
Alexa ❤️
Jul 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars!

Who do you run from?

Katelyn McBride fears have come true p, during the last full moon she turned into a werewolf and her friend Cordelia was banished from her pack for keeping Kat's secret.

Cordelia doesn't have long until she has to swear loyalty to another pack making her a traitor to her own family her only chance of returning home is if Kat finds the Silver Mine and quickly.

Kat still struggles with her love triangle. Her heart wants Trick but the wolf within is hot for Justin.
D
May 09, 2013 rated it it was ok
I liked the characters even less in this book than I did in the last one (other than her grandfather- he's pretty awesome). I am reading the series for the thrill, though, not the characterization, so that's alright.

What I see in a lot of the other reviews has really surprised me. Many reviewers say Trick is 'mysterious' and 'hiding something'. Um, yeah. His name is VLADIMIR. Has no one else considered that he might be a vampire?! Or in the very least not human. He is extremely wealthy, his par
Georgina Martin (Bookz and Bitz)
For more reviews and competitions go to George's Bookz and Bitz

***This is book 2 in the series, major spoilers for book one are likely***

I liked book 1 (Unleashed) it wasn’t a page turner were book like Raised by Wolves but it was an easy enough read. Holder and Viguie had gone back to a classic type were story, and it was fun.

I was looking forward to book 2, there was plenty of story to build on and to take the next level, but I was disappointed. Which I hate.

Hot Blooded follows Katelyn’s tra
Suzanne

So, so, so GOOD!!!

I didn't want to stop reading, and yet I didn't want to reach the end.

Kat, now a werewolf, has become a more solid character. She fears for the lives of herself and her grandfather if she doesn't do as the alpha says. Unfortunately, this is made extra difficult by the fact that the alpha is suffering from dementia and a lot of his decisions are crazy.

Cordelia has been banished from her pack for keeping Kat a secret from her dad, the alpha. Now Kat can't have any cont
Lee
Dec 10, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it and can't wait to see what is to come, but I wish Kat would have stuck up for herself more. Hopeful she will not die by the hellhound (sorry spoiler), but I think she needed to use her secret weapon better than she did. I do love not really knowing where this story will go next that is what made this a wonderful 2nd book. Thanks for the series, keep it up!
Lucy Farrin
Jan 02, 2013 rated it liked it
I thought that in this book the love triangle would be resolved, well 'love' isn't the right term...more who will Kat stay be with.
I keep wanting to like Justin, but the whole wolf and Lucy aspects kept getting in the way.
But I still don't like Trick, there's something off and fishy about him? I keep getting odd vibes from his character.
In the end off the book I really thought Kat would just end up and obey Justin or become his mate/girlfriend, but instead she just ran. That's were the cliff h
Kate’s Book Spot
I had been waiting a whole year for this book after reading Unleashed last Christmas. It ended on a huge cliffhanger so I couldn’t wait to find out what was next for Katelyn.

The story began with Katelyn having a nightmare (her nightmares were a recurring theme throughout the book) and this confused me a little as I couldn’t figure out the meaning of it. Then came some brief reminders of what had happened previously, it was at this point that everything came rushing back to me and I was swiftly t
Colleen Scidmore
Kat now a werewolf has to learn the ways of her pack, but it's pretty hard when she feels no loyalty to The Fenners, she definitely has no love for Cordelia's awful sisters Regan or Arial or their Alpha Pack father Lee Fenner who turned his back on his own daughter, Cordelia. On top of all the constant rules and training that are put upon her she has to constantly watch her back and make sure The Fenner pack don't take out her (basically a mistake) and her Grandfather because he could learn the ...more
Chantelle
I was really disappointed with this book sadly to say :-(
I read Unleashed a couple of years ago, and I decided to pick up the series again, the first book was good but this book just went nowhere for me.
One big problem I had with this book, was that I could not remember anything from the first book, I was left to try to remember the characters again as it made little/no reference to past events, it took me quite a while to get back into the gist of things.
I didn't really care for Katelyn or an
Anne Weaver
Apr 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Still can't get the image of a naked Lee Fenner out of my mind- my fault, not the author's. What is Trick? What is the hellhound? What does grandpa know? This author leaves the reader in pain and suffering at the end of a book, asking lots of questions...
Gracca
Dec 03, 2012 rated it liked it
it was a bit of a let down compared to the first one, good but no as good as it couldve been. There should have been more justin and katelyn scenes!!!! I will cry if she ends up with trick and not justin. trick is a bit weird :/
BookLoversLife
Dec 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Wow, Hot Blooded sees Kat trying to deal with being a werewolf and the Fenners. We dont see too much of Trick which is a down side but the book has so much suspense and mystery that I loved it. The ending though was killer!!!!
Stacey
Sep 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Still my favorite werewolf series!!! I can't wait to devour book 3! Live the writing style, the flow of the story is wonderful!! Now I'm on the fence Trick or Justin!! I can't wait a year :-(
Clare
Dec 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
I read book 1 and 2 in a couple days, and I have enjoyed them, lots and lots going on however it's killing me as we still don't know who done it! Am looking forward to book 3 :-)
Sarah-Jane Pearce
boringgggggggg...it was still ok though...i just wish it was a bit more exciting and more happened in the book
Hullabaloo22
Aug 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the second volume of the ‘Wolf Springs Chronicles’, following straight on from where ‘Unleased’ finished.
Well, it does and it doesn’t for in this book, school and all its challenges and complications takes mostly a back seat. This volume belongs to the Fenners and the clan rules. Kat, reluctantly, joins them because quite simply she is not given the choice of refusing.
When certain qualities that she possess come to light, when she turns out to be a potential secret weapon, she is kept cl
Taylor
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: next-in-series
After finishing Unleashed I was left with a ton of questions. I was hoping Hot Blooded would answer some of these questions. While it did manage to answer a few of them, I was left with even more questions than when I started!

Holder & Viguie are like the wonder twins of young adult fantasy! The worlds that they create are vivid and they somehow manage to get me invested in their characters! I absolutely love Katelyn! In this installment she is learning more about herself and the world that s
Allison
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved the continuity of this book. It's the second one in the series and it's obvious by the way the author writes it. I basically read this book in the span of a few hours because I didn't want to put it down. I'm looking forward to seeing how things end in the next book as it should be the last one of the series. I like the interactions between the characters and I can't wait to see how they will continue.
Jennifer Moore
Apr 01, 2019 rated it liked it
I really hope that the series will get better. I think the only thing that encourages me to finish the series, was I want to see where author is going with the plot. I like the ideal of the mystery and it is easy to read, but it just hasn’t pull together like it should.
Jessica Fischer
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I felt this book sort of dragged on with the same storyline just didn’t chapters. Not too much excitement, but for the new secrets they did throw in, it kept me reading. Overall still a very good book, I just wish more of the storyline had developed!
Shaza Essam
Jul 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Not what i hoped it would be.
Jamilah
I am still confused about the Justin- Trick drama????????
Why isn't it resolved already?
Christin Booth
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing and I can't wait to read numbers 2 and 3 of the series! Both thrilling and romantic and just holding your breath every step of the way!
Danielle
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
definitely builds off of the previous book and the ending is much more action-packed and exciting. I can't wait to read the third and final book.
Melissa
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome this trilogy was VERY HARD to put down!!! Read all 3 books in 4 days!!!
Shaz
INCLUDES SPOILERS!!!!

The wolf spring chronicles!!! Book #2 Hotblooded.
Here is where Katelyn has recently turned in to a werewolf through the bite of an unknown, insane werewolf that's on the loose, an Unknown force which is uncontrollable and frightening. Now she carries the creature curse in her veins. Wolf Spring is the heart of where werewolf reside. The Fenners being one of them. Katelyn must struggle to resist the 'inner wolf' urges, alongside being drawn to Trick and Justin. '' should she
Jessica (a GREAT read)
If I thought my memory was poor from Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguie's Crusade trilogy, it was really poor with the Wolf Springs Chronicles! I had some recollections but not a whole lot. But once again, once I started reading the story, little details came back and Hot Blooded soon became a very enjoyable read!

There's still a lot of weird stuff going around Wolf Springs, two young girls were killed and Cordelia is "missing", adding more worry to the town. Although, Cordelia has been banished from
Bridie-No excuses. No apologies. No Regrets Jones
I have so many things to say about this book, i was worried it wouldn't be very good as the first one wasn't amazing. But this one turned out to actually be a really fun read, i finished it quickly.

First of all the main character Kat grew up a lot in Hot blooded, i felt her personality and indepnedance grew much stronger. She seemed able to get herself out of bad situations and didn't really need anyone to save her when push came to shove. Kat also proved how loyal she is as a friend, to Cordeli
Bridie-No excuses. No apologies. No Regrets Jones

« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
does anyone think there should be a 4th book or even a movie of the books? 2 4 Oct 26, 2015 03:37PM
Team Trick or Team Justin? 11 30 Sep 21, 2015 11:41AM
The next one... 1 3 Mar 05, 2015 11:12AM
Trick just a normal human... 9 24 Jan 31, 2014 08:36AM
Yay! 3 11 Jan 21, 2013 08:15AM

• Black Magic (Howl #4)
  • Sometimes by Moonlight (Never Cry Werewolf, #2)
  • Full Moon Kisses (Full Moon, #3)
  • The Healing & The Dying (Tooth & Claw, #2)
  • Blood Moon (Silver Moon, #3)
  • The Ghost and the Darkness Volume 2  (Fallocaust, #3)
  • The Spider Goddess (Pandora English, #2)
  • Ever My Merlin (My Merlin, #3)
  • Blood Crave (Blood on the Moon, #2)
  • Witch Crag
  • Dark Heart Surrender (Dark Heart, #3)
  • Insider (Outsider, #2)
  • Falling Away (Falling, #2)
  • Rivals and Retribution (13 to Life, #5)
  • Moon-Burn (The Lone March Series, #3)
  • Head Shy (Dark Horse, #2.2)
Nancy Holder, New York Times Bestselling author of the WICKED Series, has just published CRUSADE - the first book in a new vampire series cowritten with Debbie Viguie. The last book her her Possession series is set to release in March 2011.

Nancy was born in Los Altos, California, and her family settled for a time in Walnut Creek. Her father, who taught at Stanford, joined the navy and the family t

Wolf Springs Chronicles (3 books)
  • Unleashed (Wolf Springs Chronicles, #1)
  • Savage (Wolf Springs Chronicles, #3)