Start by marking “The Little Puppy” as Want to Read:

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  94 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Full-color photos. A boy and his dog enjoy their first six months together.
Published September 28th 2011 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published September 12th 1984)

To ask other readers questions about The Little Puppy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Little Puppy

Eva Leger
Jul 26, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: julias-books
Julia found this and The Little Kitten at the library so we took them both home. She thinks it's hilarious that I was only 6 years old when this story was written and the pictures were taken. She's almost 6 so I think that makes it a little more relatable for her - imagining Mommy at 6 years old.
Anyway, I'm not 6 anymore. Not even 16. And not 26. (Don't go too far now.) So it's obvious this is fairly dated right? I mean, the cover alone shows this fact. Poor little Timmy is in the story and pict
Katherine Lehman
The Little Puppy
The little Puppy by Judy Dunn, is about a boy named Tim. Tim is very lonely and the neighbors have newborn puppies. Tim wants one very bad. Tim and his dad make a bed for the puppy they will get. The puppy they choose is named Charlie and he is a bit homesick ,and misses his mom and siblings. Especially when Tim has to go to school. How will Tim ever help Charlie to calm down?
Chris
Aug 29, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All I'm going to say is this: This book has always been my favorite kids book. The puppy is so cute, and when I was a kid, I always wanted one of these dogs, as shown. However, I had to listen to my parents and own whatever dog was available from the local shelter. A dalmatian dog had to take over it's place in the list.
Peacegal
This simple picture book features a young boy's adventures with his spaniel puppy. I remember these books from my childhood, and although they are dated and don't always model the most responsible pet care, they will probably still be enjoyable for the youngest readers.
Libby
This was an adorable book about a puppy and all of the mischevious things that he does to himself. The photographs are really cute and the puppy in this book reminds me of my dog Fisher when he was a puppy and all the trouble that he caused.
Wooden Horse
This book brings back fond memories of my younger brother. The pictures were taken in the early 80's and the haircut is exactly what my brother had for many (many) years.
Bree
Notes:
real animals and kids in gorgeous photos
perfect for preschool age 3-4