Start by marking “National Geographic 125 Years: Legendary Photographs, Adventures, and Discoveries That Changed the World” as Want to Read:

4.4  ·  Rating details ·  129 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Featuring show-stopping imagery and thrilling behind-the-scenes tales, National Geographic 125 Years captures the heart of National Geographic's fascinating history, from its earliest days as a scientific club to its growth into one of the world's largest geographic organizations. The book reveals how much we've come to know about our fascinating world through the pages an ...more
Published November 6th 2012 by National Geographic

To ask other readers questions about National Geographic 125 Years, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about National Geographic 125 Years

Apr 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Love National Geographic magazine and this book is filled with stunning pictures I love picking it up every now and then and flipping through it
Natalia
May 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
National Geographic es una revista, pero también es un canal de televisión, pero es mucho más una sociedad encargada desde hace 125 años de enseñarnos el mundo en todas sus dimensiones, nos ha permitido conocer cosas que no pensábamos que podrían existir como tribus perdidas en el interior de selvas que apenas han sido influenciadas por el mundo occidental, animales raros, animales no tan raros que nosotros hemos visto en zoos pero que ellos nos han enseñado en estado salvaje.

Pero hay otra cosa
Aspasia
Jan 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing "coffee table" book that should be read by lovers of history, archaeology. travel, adventure, geography, journalism, and photography....

National Geographic (or NatGeo) is an American icon but I'm sure many Americans don't know the roots of this classic and elegant magazine: The National Geographic Society had humble beginnings as an academic and exclusive society of Washington, D.C's intellectual elite. The need for funds and an increased subscription base broadened the subscr
Read Ng
Dec 30, 2012 added it
Shelves: history
A great "coffee table" book. Small short segments you can pick up and read for ten minutes, put it down for a day or so, and later pick it right back up and go at it again. What is there not to like? Well, it is pretty hefty, so your muscles get a good workout.

A good short history of the National Geographic Society. So many of the photos you will remember from years of reading the magazine. How do you condense 125 years of history into one book? This book is a great answer. I loved the bits and
Cherryonion
Dec 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
A fascinating and beautiful history of The National Geographic Society. The book starts with the founding of the society and then divides into sections encompassing a few decades at a time and the branching out into different fields of study. They've done some amazing work over the years in exploration and conservation and the book is fully illustrated to showcase these achievements. It's worth looking at for the stunning pictures alone.
Amy
Feb 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A phenomenal history, told through the photographs taken by National Geographic staff. I really thought I would just browse this book, but I ended up reading it cover to cover. If you do check it out, and I HIGHLY recommend that you do, don't forget to "read" the index as there are photos here, as well!

P.S. Some of the places that these specialists have had to be in to get these shots is a-ma-zing!
Grace Best-Page
Dec 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, history
I loved it! The only reason I didn't give it five stars is that I could nick-pick about a couple of things, but I do highly recommend it. The text is very much worth reading, but if you just want to look at the pictures, well, you can't beat 'em!
Amadeus
Jul 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh to live a thousand lifetimes to witness all the history, visit all the places, meet all the people. Like any National Geographic publication, this book will leave you with that sentiment and believing that it is indeed a wonderful world.
Susan
Dec 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
The pictures in this book are exquisite.
Kelley Tackett
Feb 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
the one photograph that I wanted to find wasn't in there. Otherwise, a great coffee table book full of amazing pictures.
Kanish
Jan 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
this a very interesting book i have ever found
Jennifer (jenndawn)
Jan 26, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
It was a little dense but the pictures were beautiful.
Ian
Jan 27, 2013 added it
Shelves: non-fiction
I read the photos ;-). The photos were very good.
Will
Apr 29, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • National Geographic Dinosaurs
  • National Geographic Visual History of the World
  • The Science Book: Everything You Need to Know About the World and How It Works
  • Hubble: Imaging Space and Time
  • Timelines of History (Smithsonian)
  • 1001 Natural Wonders: You Must See Before You Die
  • Monet
  • The Philosophy of Jesus
  • Darwin Slept Here: Discovery, Adventure, and Swimming Iguanas in Charles Darwin's South America
  • World War II: The Definitive Visual History: From Blitzkrieg to the Atom Bomb