Start by marking “Dinosaurs (Magic Tree House Fact Tracker #1)” as Want to Read:
Dinosaurs (Magic Tree House Fact Tracker #1)

Dinosaurs (Magic Tree House Fact Tracker #1)

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  1,828 Ratings  ·  57 Reviews
A Nonfiction Companion to Magic Tree House #1: Dinosaurs Before Dark.

Magic Tree House Research Guides are now Magic Tree House Fact Trackers! Track the facts with Jack and Annie!

When Jack and Annie got back from their adventure in Magic Tree House #1: Dinosaurs Before Dark, they had lots of questions. When did the dinosaurs live? What other animals lived at that time? Whic
Published January 25th 2012 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Dinosaurs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dinosaurs

♥ Susan
Jul 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
My five year old insists on giving a review (she's dictating ;-):

"This book is awesome for us! I LOVE dinosaurs. My favorite dinosaur is Tyrannosaurus Rex. There are so many different kinds of dinosaurs. Tsintaosaurus is my other favorite. On its' head it has a horn like a unicorn horn."
Seung Lee
Jan 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
Read this book to Alex for about a month here and there. It is a good book, but, just like for all the books in this series, colors would have helped in the illustrations. Still informative for my 5 year-old.
Carter
Sep 18, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
a lot of facts in this book
Tara
Jun 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017-books
I really like this book. I like that it takes a subject that kids read about in the Magic Treehouse book and expand on it. I learned a lot and found it very engaging and informative.
Alexander
Jun 25, 2017 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book because I like dinosaurs. I did not like this book because I do not like nonfiction books.
Teresa Scherping Moulton
When Jack and Annie traveled back in time in the first Magic Tree House book, Dinosaurs Before Dark, they were inspired to learn as much as they could about dinosaurs. Here they share their favorite facts with you and offer ideas of where you can learn more on your own! Did you know that the Stegasaurus's brain was the shape of a hot dog? Or that even famous dinosaur hunters sometimes make mistakes? Did you know there may have been a bigger, fiercer meat-eater than the T. rex? Read about these c ...more
Dolly
Nov 24, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Our girls adore the Magic Tree House books and the Research Guides that accompany them are great too. I find that they are short enough and include enough pictures to keep our girls' attention. And they provide just the right amount of information, so they are learning too. We have read most of the books in this series and will continue reading them until we reach the end of the series or the Osbornes stop writing them.

This book has a lot of information about the time of the dinosaurs. The diff
Brandon O'Neill
Mar 29, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: youthlit
I enjoyed this non-fiction piece to the 1st Magic Treehouse book, Dinosaurs Before Dark, better than the book! It was a longer read, with a lot of information about dinosaurs. Even though I read it for a class, it was written in an interesting way. I didn't know about the Bone Wars in the late 1800's, when scientists were seeing who could gather the most fossils. Lots of information at the back of the book - more books to read, internet sites, museums, CD ROMS, and videos about dinosaurs. I wan ...more
Kaycie Fletcher
This book is the real historical fact book that goes along with Dinosaurs Before Dark. It is a book full of facts about dinosaurs that is intended to be read with the fictional story. Again, this book has tons of true facts and after reading a fiction book, it would be cool for the students to be able to learn some facts. I like this book because it is an easy read, and it is more fun than just reading facts from a textbook or listening to a lecture. I would like to have all of the research guid ...more
Lynn
This book was an excellent addition to the Magic Tree House series, and is also a great overview of dinosaurs without reading the Book 1 of the series. My son enjoyed reading this book with me. He was very helpful with how to pronounce a number of the dinosaurs (Thank you Dinosaur Train), and dear mom got to learn what happen to the dinosaurs I grew up learning about. If you have a dinosaur lover in your household, this book is well recommended.
Sarah Federspiel
This book series of "Research Guides" is a great extension of the Magic Tree House series because it allows students to learn factual information about the fictional things they read throughout the series. It serves as a handbook for multiple science and history areas, and I love the idea of using these in conduction with the Magic Tree House series.
Jonnathan Ortiz
It is a book full of facts about dinosaurs that is intended to be read with the fictional story. Again, this book has tons of true facts and after reading a fiction book, it would be cool for the students to be able to learn some facts. I like this book because it is an easy read, and it is more fun than just reading facts from a textbook.
this book can be used when im talking about dinosaurs.
Reagan
Jan 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
This book is from Dinosaurs Before Dark. This book has a lot of fun facts about dinosaurs. One is that a Brachiosaurus has it's nostrils on the top of it's head. Also, that two men were fighting over dinosaurs, so a lot more dinosaurs were discovered because of that fight.

I really like this book. You should read it. I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ubalstecha
This is a non-fiction accompaniment to the first Magic Tree House book Dinosaurs Before Dark. Full of details supposedly uncovered by the novel's protagonists, this book is aimed at those kids who are dinosaur crazy, but are only reading the fiction version of dinosaurs. Good book for a classroom for research projects, but most likely not something a child will treasure as a classic.
Microaugust
I feel that this book was so amazing for dinosaur lover. It told a lot of thing about dinosaur. It also talk about the time period. If this book talk about kind of dinosaur more it will be the most amazing book. It also talk about Reptile that can fly and Reptile that live in water such as mosasaurus and quatzelcoatlus.
Melissa Namba
Nov 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens, coplin
a great research guide that gives a great overview and amazing recommendations. I think it makes learning fun and museum trips desirable when kids get to decide with the help of books like this that they want to go to a museum. I learned that dinosaur eggs are small because baby dinosaurs might not have been able to break through the shell of a larger egg!
Christi
Mar 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kid-1
Grace
Aug 28, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Steve
Jan 14, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book was really interesting with all it's fachs a bout Dinosaurs. I like reading a bout the fousol war and about all the difent tieps of Dinosaurs. But I don't really beilve that the Dinosaurs were wiept out by a mrteright.
Maria
Oct 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2013
I read this to my six year old little girl. The teacher read the Magic Tree House #1: Dinosaurs Before Dark at school. She loved this book as much as Dinosaurs Before Dark at school! She made me read it to her in one day. :)
Angela
Jan 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well, what I really like about the book, is the part that tells about how big and how tall the dinosour is compard to us in the book. I really think it should get five stars because it tells me so much. I really think it was great.
Margo
May 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Magic Tree House nonfiction books are exactly the amount of information I need whenever I want to just learn an overview on a topic to see if I'm interested. I think they're way better than the stories.
Oct 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was informative and although at a child's reading level, it did not "talk down" to readers. I even learned something (everything dug out of the ground used to be called "fossils," even potatoes!). Can't wait to use it in my program this week with the library kids!
Karen
I'm so glad that she came out with these companion books to her stories. This book is interesting even if you haven't read Dinosaurs Before Dark. I love that they included the pronunciation for the dinosaurs.
Kristine Hansen
Sep 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids, chapter-book, nature
Well presented material, interesting and full of facts and ideas. I'll read more in this series, but so far I'm impressed with what I see. A great companion to the Magic Tree House books. I'm glad they added these books to that series.
Kristal
My son loves reading the 'Magic Tree House' series and the companion books are just as fun as the other. Full of wonderful facts about dinosaurs, this is one book that should be a must-have for any dino lover!
Christopher
Oct 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: summer-2015
??????Why are they called dinosaurs?What are the kinds of types of dinosaurs were living back then?Well,find out in this Magic Tree House research study
guide. : )
Kelly
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

Love doing this series as a part of our school study at home. Keep the books coming! Great story with engaging characters.
Kimberly
The Research Guides are fantastic! They supplement the books so well. There were times I used these Guides on projects in middle and high school.
Wade Hawkins,
Jul 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You need to buy this book. It is awesome. You really should get it because I mean it is awesome and it is ginormously awesome because there is a T-Rex fossil in Montana.
  • Dolphins And Sharks (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #9)

Magic Tree House Fact Tracker (1 - 10 of 37 books)
  • Knights and Castles (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #2)
  • Mummies and Pyramids (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #3)
  • Pirates (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #4)
  • Rain Forests (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #5)
  • Space (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #6)
  • Titanic (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #7)
  • Twisters and Other Terrible Storms (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #8)
  • Dolphins And Sharks (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #9)
  • Ancient Greece and the Olympics (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #10)
  • American Revolution (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #11)