Start by marking “Keelevääratus” as Want to Read:
Keelevääratus

Keelevääratus

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  171 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
Ärapanijast raadiosaatejuhti Julian Shaw’d armastavad kõik… peale mehe, kes teda tulistas.
Karmikoeline raadioreporter oleks arvanud, et satub surres pimedasse tunnelisse, näeb eredat valgust või kohtub teda pärliväravate ees ootava vanaema hingega… Selle asemel langeb ta hoopis koomasse, saab endale vaimust juhi, kelle nimi on Gus, ning kohtub talle lepingut pakkuva deemon
Published 2010 by Ersen (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Keelevääratus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Keelevääratus

Evelyn Wilson
Apr 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nook-books-read
Loved this book, want to read more of this author's books !!!!
Ditika
I remember picking this up because it sounded like a cute romance with a storyline that I hadn't quite read before. My kind of book. It had the devil, the DJ, the coma, and the assignment and I thought, how bad could it be? and then I thought, I'm looking to kill some time, might as well sell it to the devil.

I also remember feeling vaguely horrified when the book proper started. My eyes bulged out, I shivered in distaste, my toes curled at the absurdity and I realized with a grim detachment that
Kassie Kay
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am so glad that I am not the only one who thought Julian Shawn resembled Howard Stern.Even if this is the case I still felt the book was great and sweet.I'm not sure why I liked the book so much but because i'm not religious or really into romance but something about it captured my attention (probably because supernatural aspects) and it was a good read. I loved how Albert Einstein was a supervisor in the "Neither Here Nor There" I think that was brilliant.
Marsha
A love story with a difference. A romance that eschews the mushy stuff and holds off on the erotic. It’s weird. It’s odd. It’s positively…angelic.

Being an agnostic, the saturation of heavenly and demonic interference in this story should have been off putting for me. But the down-to-earth raunchiness of DJ Julian Shaw and the toe-to-toe antagonism (genteelly cloaked) between agents for either side made this story rather memorable and gripping.

The book raises all sorts of intriguing questions abo
Leslie - keepsbooks
"No Spoilers!

This is an entertaining romp with the "ghost" of Shock-Jock DJ Julian Shaw (think Howard Stern, only cuter) playing guardian angel to a nice girl with a broken heart named Kate Darby. I must correct one thing from the book description: Jules isn't dead, he's in a coma & his spirit is in the Neither Here Nor There while his body fights to survive.

Katie is a likable heroine who is friendly to her neighbors, beloved of her coworkers, and a lover of dogs & her daddy. Jules (befo
Stephen Parrish
Katie Darby's life takes a turn that makes Murphy's Law seem auspicious by comparison. She catches her boyfriend, who happens to be her most important client, in bed with her best friend. At the same time, her home is ransacked and her beloved dog is missing. Higher Powers intervene and assign an angel, radio shock jock Julian Shaw, to help her cope. Julian is not only reluctant in his new role, he's barren of all human compassion and wholly unsuited to Katie's needs. But 24/7 exposure to her li ...more
Barb in Maryland
Apr 22, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-goodies
I remember this book from when it first came out. The blurb did not appeal. But recently I read several glowing reviews and decided to give it a try(thank you library!). And I am so glad I did.
Shock jock DJ Julian Shaw may be handsome, but he is NOT a nice person. So it is no surprise when an irate listener shoots him. Julian is not killed outright, but falls into a coma. While in this coma, he is recruited by this mysterious figure named Gus who informs him that he is in a limbo state(cleverly
Sara
This book was so intense, I'm having the hardest time processing it.
(view spoiler)
Andi
Mar 28, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, 2013, ebook
The only reason I finished this book was that I'm compelled to finish anything I've started. I can't pick up another book unless I've finished my current one.

I knew from the description that it was light-hearted fluff, but went along because it sounded fun. It wasn't a lot of fun, though, because the author spelled everything out for you. You'd think she'd use the possibilities offered by the presence of angels, demons and other in-betweeners to add some guesswork for the reader, so that you'd b
Sharon
Aug 10, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wasn't sure about this book at first, but I just went with it and I'm glad that I did. It was a lot of fun and very different. Albert Einstein plays a role as a "Neither Here Not There" Supervisor, ABBA music is used as the perfect cosmic scrambler, and God is a She. This is chock full of lighthearted fun.
The "hero" was my favorite character. Julian is totally bad- but highly amusing and perfect. Come to think of it, I could really use a raunchy, bad-ass, no holds barred evil angel on my side- w
Parisa
Shae
Sep 07, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Despite all of the god related stuff and the fact that I really dislike ghost/other side/heaven and hell books I couldn't help liking Freudian Slip. The characters were really fun and the ending was adorable. One problem I had with it was that for the first half of the book I pictured Jules as Howard Stern (because of his description) and Gus as Alan Rickman (a British agent of god reminded me of Metatron).
Carolyn
Originally Read in February 2013. Original rating 3 stars. One of my requirements for a 4 star rating is that I would read it again and likewise for a 3 star, I would not. So since I read it again, 4 stars. It is one of those books that is both irreverent and spiritual, offensive yet still sweet. So to clarify, I really enjoyed the parts involving the main characters directly, and all the other behind the scenes stuff, not so much.
Anca.T
Oct 18, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I started reading it because it sounded fun , but it was just ...meh. Kate is too perfect, Julian's metamorphosis happened too fast, too good. And why did he think he could only be with her as a spirit? Why not in real life? I didn't completely get that.
And all that ''spiritual'' nonsense... Nah. God ( portrayed here as a She) is all knowing but yet, Gus and Albert hide things from Her...How does that work? Either She is all knowing or she isn't. Wasn't impressed at all.
Aberforth
This book definitely is not the sort of book I generally like. Yet... I had a hard time putting it down. It was thought-provoking in a few ways. It was very religious, which is usually a big no for me but... Bits and pieces reminded me of Dogma. You know, if the movie were actually a romance novel. I was amazed at the humor the author was able to inject with so many serious subjects.
Heather Adkins
I heard a lot of good things about this author, so I was a little let down because I was expecting something more out of the writing. The story line was super cute and the characters just flawed enough for me to enjoy, so it was good, I'll read more of Orloff, but so-so.
Aerin
This book is a theological dream. It's brilliant that way. I recommend it be read by seminary students. Oh, and by shelving it on my "chicklit" and "romance" shelves, I mean: for "intelligent chicks who like sophisticated romance."
Carolyn L
Wasn't impressed at all. Ended up just skimming thru .
Laureen Talbott
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story of true love

You need to let your imagination go along for the ride...I couldn't put the book down....it was one of my favorites reads this summer
Allison
Jul 11, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book. Much more content than your typical chick lit.
Kate Sanderson
Nov 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
Very cute, light read - left me with a smile on my face :)
Georgine
Feb 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book of Erica's I have read. It was very enjoyable and funny, Will be looking for more of her books to read
Lisa
Mar 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing. I've never read this author before, but I'm sitting here crying after finishing this book, and can't wait to read her others. Just an awesome romance.
Melissa Wehunt
Freudian Slip by Erica Orloff (2009)
Christina
Jul 11, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of those situations where it was a really wonderful book for its genre. This was a guilty pleasure book for me!
Marci
Jul 29, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is not the best written book on the planet, but it was a delightfully lovely light piece of reading that ended with a happily ever after. Perfect light reading for an endlessly hot summer day.
Joe
Jun 29, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Humorous, uplifting romantic novel. I especially liked its concept of soul mates.
Jodotha
Aug 23, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very enjoyable. Characters I loved getting to know.
Karendenice
Cute, quick and funny.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Baby Needs a New Pair of Shoes
  • Quiver
  • Spirited Away
  • Final Exam (A Murder 101 Mystery, #4)
  • Reconstructing Brigid
  • The Last Judgement (Jonathan Argyll, #4)
  • These Boots Were Made for Stomping (Superhero Central 4.5)
  • Sheer Dynamite
  • Sweet as Sugar, Hot as Spice (Farrel Sisters, #3)
  • Echoes
  • The Coming Home Place
  • Time After Time
  • Wanted: One Perfect Man (Starlight Trilogy, #1)
  • Trouble in High Heels (Sisters Trilogy, #3)
  • Some Enchanted Season (Bethlehem, #2)
  • Plum Blossoms in Paris
  • Prince of Shadows (Paladin Warriors, #3)
  • Everything's Coming Up Rosie
"Erica Orloff is a native New Yorker, novelist, blogger, mother of four, chronic insomniac, alt-rock loving, voracious reader (and prolific writer) who has written over twenty novels across a number of genres and pen names. She currently lives in Virginia where she rarely sleeps, roots for the Yankees and the NY Giants, knits in her almost-never free time, herds worms with her six-year-old Pirate ...more
More about Erica Orloff

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Roses
    $11.99 $3.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • His Darling Bride (Echoes of the Heart #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
  • The Strawberry Hearts Diner
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Born of Shadows (The League, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Too Hot to Handle (Romancing the Clarksons, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Evening Star (The Drifters & Dreamers #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unlucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • White Lace and Promises
    $3.99 $0.99
  • To Commit (The Broken Roads #2)
  • The Yard Rose
  • Otherkin
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Driven by Fire (Fire, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken, Not Spurred (Lone Star Burn, #1)
  • One Summer Day in Rome
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Chasing Down a Dream: A Blessings Novel
  • The Pursuit of Love
    $11.99 $1.99
  • After the War Is Over: A Novel
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Mr. Right (Colorado Hearts #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Riding the Storm (ACRO, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It Had to Be Him (It Had to Be #1)
  • The Love Goddess' Cooking School
    $10.99 $2.99
  • That Way Again
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Never Let Go (Haven, Montana #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forever Surprised (Forever Bluegrass #6)
    $2.99 $1.49