Start by marking “The Only Friends You Need” as Want to Read:

The Only Friends You Need

E-book of the week: "The author's first book- and a mighty good one" The Sun

Download of the week in Fabulous Magazine

"Great"

They thought their friendship would last forever- then real life got in the
way.

Six Friends. Six very different people. Laura, Maggie, Della, Chris, Matt
and Susie have been friends for years. They know each other inside out- and
they don’t need anyone e
Published February 29th 2012 by Amazon Kindle (first published February 26th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Only Friends You Need, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Only Friends You Need

Lynda Kelly
Mar 22, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: deleted
I'm not having a good week with my reading choices. This is the fifth in a row I've deleted, I think. I'll go onto a paid-for one next in the hope there aren't any irritating mistakes in it.
Authors need to realise that said errors can be the difference between your persevering or not if you're unsure about a book. Just what happened here. I may have plodded on but the mistakes only served to aggravate so I've given up at 12%.
For starters I didn't understand why, in the table of contents,some cha
Rachel Abbott
Apr 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I read this book when I was away from home staying in a hotel - in the smallest hotel room I have ever seen. I was bored and restless, and I was wondering how I was going to get through the few days ahead of me. But then I started to read ‘The Only Friends You Need” Suddenly going back to my hotel room at the end of each day didn’t seem quite so bad - I had six new friends to learn about.

And that’s how this book makes you feel. As if these were your friends too, and not just people that you are
Michelle Bowey
Mar 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. I was totally addicted and just couldn't put it down. I started it Friday night and finished it on Saturday. Fortunately I didn't have any other commitments as i'm recovering from surgery so i could lose myself in what felt like the real life of these six friends, who felt like they were my friends! Vivid characters with lots of different but inter related poignant storylines meant i couldn't wait to find out what happened. Loved the local references too.
Very proud
Lina
Mar 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A wonderfully written storyline that captures the true reality and lives of 6 best friends. From the start of the book there is true connection with each character and the way their characters are portrayed leaves you wanting to read on and on to learn more. A truly witty, heartfelt and emotive read with parts that make you laugh out loud at the reality of certain events. Can't wait for the next novel...
Simon Buckley
Mar 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book. As you get older it's harder to keep in touch with friends because of kids and work. This book really resonated with me as it reminded me of how important friendship is. The characters were believable and I enjoyed the balance of fun and seriousness. I read the book quickly and was quite sad when it ended as I'd got so close to the characters. Deffo recommended.
Lindsay
Mar 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, kindle
I'm not a big fan of chick lit. However I did enjoying this book because the characters are interesting and not just brain-dead idiots as in so many books aimed at young(ish) women. It even made me cry at one point!
Laura Kemp
Oct 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Edgy chick lit thanks to a believable cast of six friends who face modern dilemmas. There's someone to identify with whoever you are.
Fiddlesticks
Jan 01, 2016
Sally
May 12, 2012
Flic
Mar 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
anna wakelin
Aman El
Apr 14, 2016
Judy
Nov 19, 2016
Flic Everett is a freelance writer based in Manchester, England. Over the past 18 years she has written for most major newspapers and magazines. In the name of work, she’s climbed 30-foot trees, ridden a horse bareback wearing a cocktail dress (her, not it), been white water rafting on the River Jordan and swum with dolphins in Jamaica. She’s also had a drink with George Best, spent New Year’s Eve ...more