Start by marking “Dick Gregory's Natural Diet for Folks Who Eat: Cookin' with Mother Nature” as Want to Read:
Dick Gregory's Natural Diet for Folks Who Eat: Cookin' with Mother Nature

Dick Gregory's Natural Diet for Folks Who Eat: Cookin' with Mother Nature

"An introduction to natural foods written with an eye to good health and an ear for the witty line. Even for those not ready to replace sirloin with soy bean, Gregory's discourse on the typical mistreatment of the digestive tract should be informative- it certainly is amusing. There are sections on Gregory's various fasts, suggested diets for putting on and taking off weig ...more
Published February 1st 1974 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published 1973)

Start your review of Dick Gregory's Natural Diet for Folks Who Eat: Cookin' with Mother Nature
Leo .
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dick Gregory! One of the most enlightened men to grace Mother Earth. Enough said.
Harley
Sep 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I saw Dick Gregory live in Peoria, Illinois in the fall of 1973. I bought and read an earlier version of this book. The book changed my life. I went on the Dick Gregory diet and in 2 months lost 40 pounds which I kept off for 15 years.
Alex
Jun 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: people interesting in natural, healthy lifestyles, black people, open minded people
Recommended to Alex by: an artist
I really like this book. It's mainly about eating a raw foods diet. I would say that if you are not familiar with the lifestyle, this book could be life changing. The topic at hand may seem boring and some may find the idea of eating only a raw food diet impossible, but Dick Gregory is amazing and you will thoroughly enjoy the way he discusses the topic at hand. It's not a recipe book, though there are recipes included. I would think of it more of as a inspirational, self-help type of book. It's ...more
Stella Blue
A wealth of information on how the body works during the fasting/cleansing period and how to re-establish a nutritional connection with Mama Nature. Dick Gregory has a great sense of humor, and it is infused within the pages. This is one of the pioneer books on how to conduct a safe fast and then incorporate a raw-food diet into your lifestyle. This book is out-of-print and not easy to find. If you see a copy, don't hesitate to grab it.
Karen Barker
Apr 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who wants to improve their over all well -being
I have finally decided to change my eating habits without "purchasing" another man made product. Thanks Dick for confirming what is "common sense" knowledge concerning the choices we make when it comes to feeding our temples. Great book!
Sophia
Feb 25, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes Raw Food, Veganism, Health, and Laughing
This book is incredibly hilarious! I learned a lot and even though it's old, it still holds true on most every account. He is such a great story teller and educator and I laughed while my brain gained a few creases.
Andrew
Jul 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I read this book some years ago and it certainly changed my eating habits. Definitely recommended for those who are interested in alternative diets (and presented in a very humorous way)!
Renedarwin
Aug 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Dick Gregory is a great man. He is also a kook.
Victoria Joyce
Aug 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Good food book from back in the day. Before it was cool.
Kam Wms
Jul 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book for those who wish to eat in a more plant based way.
Mari Leneair
Dec 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Alvin
Oct 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Thank goodness this was an entertaining read. Enjoyed the book, but I could do without the advice.
Chandra
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
He explained in one of his YouTube videos, no soy or honey 🍯. Which is in the book 📖. It’s very bad for you.
Overall. Love 💗 it.
Lawrence Bryant
rated it it was ok
Feb 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Books of Enoch: Containing 1 Enoch (The Ethiopic Book of Enoch), 2 Enoch (The Slavonic Secrets of Enoch), and 3 Enoch (The Hebrew Book of Enoch)
  • The Book of Jasher
  • Eat This And Live: Simple Food Choices that Can Help You Feel Better, Look Younger, and Live Longer!
  • The Seven Laws of Teaching
  • Becoming Supernatural: How Common People Are Doing the Uncommon
  • The Autobiography of Malcolm X
  • The Little Book of Big Lies: A Journey into Inner Fitness
  • Body Mind Mastery: Training for Sport and Life
  • ONE MEAL A DAY Intermittent Fasting: The Powerful Secret of the OMAD Diet for Extreme Weight Loss
  • Goodbye, Things: The New Japanese Minimalism
  • Citizen: An American Lyric
  • Ikigai: The Japanese Secret to a Long and Happy Life, The Little Book of Lykke, Lagom: The Swedish Art of Balanced Living
  • Wilt (Wilt, #1)
Richard "Dick" Gregory was an American civil rights activist, social critic, writer, entrepreneur, comedian, motivational speaker, author and actor. He became the first black comedian to successfully cross over to white audiences.

Related Articles

This holiday season, why not give the gift of The Chronicles of Narnia's Turkish delight, a cozy dinner with the March siste...
“It was on Thanksgiving Day a number of years ago… I got to thinking that there might be some beings on another planet somewhere who are as intelligent compared with us as we are compared with turkeys.
Then I had visions of these beings from another planet going to the butcher shop with their meat list. I wonder what they'd call their butcher shops? They'd probably call them "folks shops." I could hear them placing an order: "Give me a half dozen Oriental knees, two Caucasian feet and twelve fresh Black lips." And the folks-shopkeeper comes back smiling and says, "These Black lips are so fresh they're still talkin'.”
1 likes