Start by marking “The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth: Live Them and Reach Your Potential” as Want to Read:
The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth: Live Them and Reach Your Potential

The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth: Live Them and Reach Your Potential

Are there tried and true principles that are always certain to help a person grow? John Maxwell says the answer is yes. He has been passionate about personal development for over fifty years, and for the first time, he teaches everything he has gleaned about what it takes to reach our potential. In the way that only he can communicate, John teaches . . .

The Law of the Mirr
Published October 2nd 2012 by Center Street (first published January 1st 2012)

Start your review of The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth: Live Them and Reach Your Potential
Annie
Apr 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book contains a lot of wisdom but lacks compactness and flow to make the content stick. The 15 invaluable laws of growth are:
1. Law of Intentionality (be intentional about your growth)
2.Law of Awareness (know yourself to grow yourself)
3. Law of the Mirror (see value in yourself to add value to yourself)
4. Law of Reflection (learning to pause allows growth to catch up with you)
5. Law of Consistency (develop good habits that lead to success)
6. Law of Environment (if you are always at the head
Clare Cannon
Oct 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction

John C Maxwell is master of the To Do list, but what makes his lists so valuable is the profound wisdom contained in the goals he proposes and the methods he suggests to achieve them.

All of us would like to grow: in our character, our relationships, our professional development and our education, but daily demands on our time and attention often get in the way of making growth happen. In this book Maxwell identifies first why it is important to grow, and then how we can apply laws of growth
Edwina Cowgill
Nov 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I have been in the business world more years that I care to admit. I have followed John Maxwell since the beginning of my career. I’ve read many of his books, including books one and two of the Laws series: The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership and The 17 Indisputable Laws of Teamwork. I have just finished reading the third book, The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth. As in the first two books of the series, the third book is full of wisdom, motivational sayings and true illustrations.

Each chapter d
Rosie Nguyễn
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of the most impactful books on personal growth that I've ever read. Full of insights into the basis of self - development, why do we grow, how do we grow, and the ultimate purpose of a human's life. The book helps me to consciously aware of my current situation, what I have obtained and what I need to take my knowledge to the next level. It reminds me to continuously develop my potential, to seek for mentors and mentees, to actively create a suitable environment for my growth, to empty my cu ...more
Farshad Asl
Jul 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is not about building a team, it's about growing YOURSELF first. It's a great book. I would strongly recommend this book, if you like to know how to increase your influence as a leader...this is it! I enjoyed it and I will order a copy for every member on my team. Growth begins with you :-)
~FA
Jeff
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-book-list
I really enjoyed this book. Fantastic quotes throughout. Here are some takeaways:

* If you sow continually and abundantly, you can be sure that in due season there will be a harvest. Successful people know this and focus on sowing, knowing that reaping will eventually come. The process is automatic. If you live life with the intention of making a difference in the lives of others, your life will be full, not empty.

* Are you trying to put yourself in a place to help others win?

* Remember, somet
Caleb
Jul 03, 2015 rated it it was ok
Is your life really successful if you successfully live and die for the wrong cause?

This book is filled with some great advice for growing as a better person, and a successful leader. I liked the advice on seeking council and the concept of the rubber band stretching in order to grow. This is great advice for growing in your faith as well. There was plenty of wisdom packed into this book. Some of it seemed random though. There were a lot of quotes and different directions.

It’s also filled with s
Kells Next Read
Jul 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio-book, self-help
Re Read because Maxwell is that good.
Paula Monica
Mar 02, 2018 rated it liked it
I dont think I am into these kind of books. It lacks the flow I expected. And too many stories. I wanted something more practical. And what is this growth he is talking about? Well, perhaps it is not the book, it is me.
Don't get me wrong, there are good things as well. I am thinking about finding a mentor, but still don't know how. And perhaps trying to reevaluate my values and objectives.
Bianca
May 14, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020, speed-read
Yet another book on self-development by a very famous author that has written up to 70 books and founded EQUIP (allegedly non-profit for training leaders, but one remains skeptical of hidden costs). The guy is also a pastor (heads up to you atheists!).
To people like myself (who have read a thing or two about personal development) some advices from the book are redundant: that personal growth has to be cultivated, as it does not just happen by itself as you go through life, and that there are me
Parham
May 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book!
"Think of yourself as a river instead of a reservoir." Page. 496
"Persian poet Saadi instructed, “Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy.” " Page. 154
Joseph Scaduto
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-improvement
John Maxwell's "The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth," must be one of my favorite self-improvement books I've ever read, possibly surpassing Stephen Covey's "7 Habits of Highly Effective People," which is also one of my all-time favorites. I found it to be inspiring, but also practical, with actionable recommendations throughout the book. I even underlined and highlighted as I read, and plan to go back through each chapter. You have to change how you think and how you act if you want to change your ...more
AlmieMeg
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was one of the most inspiring, thought provoking books that I've read in terms of planning your life and understanding your purpose in life. It's a plus that it is read by the author because it gave me a sense of the sincerity from which he shared his stories and advice.
Jeff
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing

* Are you trying to put yourself in a place to help others win?

* Remember, somet
Gail Williamson
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Confession - I have to admit that my first rating on this book was a 3. This morning I completed my habit of documenting from all the post-it notes that I had strung through this book and had a chance to review my first impression. I have revised my rating to a 4.
The book is so jam-packed with tidbits of quotes and story that I found it sometimes difficult to read more than a few pages at a time. To read this book is to allow the info to sink in.
If anything, it taught me this: "Learning to pause
Jake Kasper
Mar 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Pretty basic concepts of leadership.
Nita
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another John Maxwell classic with great reminders for all of us.
Liam
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Worth a read just as a refresher or reminder to keep getting after it.
Nikolina Kotur
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Can not recommend this book enough.
woodrow w sloan
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my new favorite author. Maxwell lays out in detail very important steps that can be applied to all aspects of life. The only problem I had was writing down all the quote worthy phrases. Great book and I'm looking forward to reading his other works.
Jessi Payne
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was awesome. It too me a long time to finish it, because of the depth and substance within. So pleased -from start to finish.
Rebecca Valdez
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book has great anecdotes, quotes, and so much practical guidance. It stands the test of time is applicable even with technology
Alin
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
It's a great book. You will definitely find some good ideas on how to change and it will make you wish to grow. However I think the book lacks some real truths, focusing only on some aspects. For example, 80-90% of the book is self-centered, and I believe a healthy life philosophy is Christ centered and then focuses on you and your 'neighbor'.
Rosa
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is definitely my kind of self-improvement nonfiction. Excellent format in the audio-book version, although I will probably purchase a copy and re-read it so that I can write in the margins and annotate it. I'm a big fan of what he advocates for in this book--if you don't set your intentions for life you can't ever determine a level of success and/or failure. I find the "rolling along" version of life pretty unacceptable. Lots of practical application and I loved the content related to mento ...more
Kimberly
Dec 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Audible Review:

What's Your Growth Plan?
Are you missing something from your personal development plan? Do you have a plan? This audiobook is great for anyone who is on their journey of growth and introspection. Maxwell provides great insight about his own personal journey and provides chapter-in-review questions to help the listener dig deep within. I really enjoy listening to John C. Maxwell's voice, which is part of the reason that I purchased the audiobook, rather than than paperback or Ki
Bethany
Mar 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: leadership
The fifteen laws of growth are full of useful and inspiring quips and activities to find yourself. But I think you can sum it up in three statements. If you’re really feeling stuck, you might find some insight here. But don’t expect a revelation. Also, lots and lots of his personal stories, brace yourself.
1. Life your life intentionally.
2. Think: Take time to reflect and know why.
3. Try to be a good person and the best you.
How do you accomplish growth: just do it. Do it for the growth and not
Ammar
Feb 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The way John Maxwell presents his ideas is unbeatable. Reading this book I was able to get a closer understanding of myself . It also gave me the chance to think freely far from my comfort zone and approach the real point of starting the long path of interpersonal development. This book was a best practice of Tom cruise's words in his famous movie Vanilla Sky " every next moment is another chance to turn it all around"
Aaron
Jun 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A great personal challenge book. An organization can only go as far as its leader. So, if the organization wants to grow it must ensure that its leader(s) is always growing. Maxwell presents 15 laws of growth that will help a person develop a personal growth plan to help them reach their full God-given potential.
Judy
Feb 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Always curious about how successful people live their life, I hoped to pick up some pointers for myself. Not being a religious person, I appreciated how the author, who's a pastor, didn't make that a common theme. It was very informative.
Sarah Goodwin
Oct 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book has a lot of valuable information about continued growth, I really enjoyed reading it. It helps you to think about your self image and about being positive and how important that is for growth.

• Superhuman Innovation: Transforming Business with Artificial Intelligence
  • Simple Tips Smart Ideas
  • Be a Free Range Human: Escape the 9-5, Create a Life You Love and Still Pay the Bills
  • Future Fit: How to Stay Relevant and Competitive in the Future of Work
  • Beyond Willpower: The Secret Principle to Achieving Success in Life, Love, and Happiness
  • The Mindful Day: Practical Ways to Find Focus, Calm, and Joy from Morning to Evening
  • The Only Little Prayer You Need: The Shortest Route to a Life of Joy, Abundance, and Peace of Mind
  • Food Fix: How to Save Our Health, Our Economy, Our Communities, and Our Planet-One Bite at a Time
  • Mindware: Tools for Smart Thinking
  • The Power of Bad: How the Negativity Effect Rules Us and How We Can Rule It
  • Human/Machine: The Future of Our Partnership with Machines
  • The Compound Effect: Jumpstart Your Income, Your Life, Your Success
  • Future Shaper: How Leaders Can Take Charge in an Uncertain World (Kogan Page Inspire)
  • The Rules of Contagion: Why Things Spread - and Why They Stop
  • Get Out of Your Own Way: A Skeptic's Guide to Growth and Fulfillment
  • Adventures in the Anthropocene: A Journey to the Heart of the Planet We Made
  • The Fate of Food: What We'll Eat in a Bigger, Hotter, Smarter World
  • The Power of Showing Up: How Parental Presence Shapes Who Our Kids Become and How Their Brains Get Wired
John C. Maxwell is an internationally recognized leadership expert, speaker, and author who has sold over 16 million books. His organizations have trained more than 2 million leaders worldwide. Dr. Maxwell is the founder of EQUIP and INJOY Stewardship Services. Every year he speaks to Fortune 500 companies, international government leaders, and audiences as diverse as the United States Military Ac ...more

News & Interviews

“You will never change your life until you change something you do daily.” 70 likes
“Small disciplines repeated with consistency every day lead to great achievements gained slowly over time.” 45 likes