Start by marking “It's Your Business: 183 Essential Tips that Will Transform Your Small Business” as Want to Read:
It's Your Business: 183 Essential Tips that Will Transform Your Small Business

It's Your Business: 183 Essential Tips that Will Transform Your Small Business

It's Your Business was an immediate Wall Street Journal bestseller and garnered tremendous media attention from entrepreneurs and small business owners.

With advice from Ramberg and such notable entrepreneurs as Blake Mycoskie and Guy Kawasaki, this right-to-the-point book covers topics from human resources to finance, public relations to sales, and much, much more -- all g
Published October 16th 2012 by Business Plus (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about It's Your Business, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It's Your Business

Start your review of It's Your Business: 183 Essential Tips that Will Transform Your Small Business
Leslie Lindsay
My business-y parents gave me this book as a Christmas gift. I think their intentions were good, but it's mostly geared to folks who who truly have a small business. (Hint: *not* a writer who sits at her computer screen all day). That said, writing *is* a business, especially when you are published, or looking to get published, or a freelance writer.

I did glean some good tips on business etiquette, product branding, cold calls/emails, and customer service. JJ Ramburg's writing is clear, concise
Samuel
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good read!
Jen
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Excellent, easy read! Full of great tips for anyone who owns a small business or is thinking of starting one. I think some of the tips are even useful for running a household. I checked this out from the library, but liked it so much that I bought my own copy.
PWRL
Mar 21, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2013-new
E
Melissa
Aug 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015-books
Lots of tips. Business tips. :) (Sorry for the Lloyd Dobler quote.)

I found a few applicable to my business, so definitely worth a skim!
Andd Becker
Oct 23, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Small business owners and entrepreneurs will find the 183 tips useful. The business advice presented is easy-to-read. Interestingly, 39 QR codes to see a video are embedded in the text.
Jodi
Sep 23, 2013 rated it liked it
This is a good book. It has bite sized ideas that are easy to read. Along side practical ways that the ideas can work, it makes for a good starting point for any small business owner.
Ben Houston Yim
Feb 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm about a halfway through the book but I'm impressed by a number of helpful tips that could really improve how companies operate. ...more
Stephanie
Sep 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook
A nice random compilation of ideas and tips for businesses across a spectrum of industries. I definitely found some golden nuggets among the content.
Nabeel Nasir
Jan 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Easy read.. Quick tips on things you can do to increase sales, improve productivity and streamline operations. Many of the tips can be applied without having your own business
Gina Guerra
Jan 28, 2013
Tom
Feb 26, 2013
Jeff
Dec 04, 2012
Katey
rated it did not like it
Feb 06, 2017

• Parisian Chic: A Style Guide
  • Paris Street Style
  • Older, but Better, but Older
  • Maid: Hard Work, Low Pay, and a Mother's Will to Survive
  • You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life
  • We'll Always Have Paris: A Mother/Daughter Memoir
  • I'll Never Be French (no matter what I do): Living in a Small Village in Brittany
  • The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend
  • Lagom: Not Too Little, Not Too Much, Just Right: The Swedish Guide to Creating Balance in Your Life
  • The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry
  • Living La Dolce Vita: Bring the Passion, Laughter, and Serenity of Italy Into Your Daily Life
  • Still Writing: The Perils and Pleasures of a Creative Life