Start by marking “FF, Volume 3” as Want to Read:
FF, Volume 3

FF, Volume 3

(FF (2011) (Collected Editions) #3)

We've teased it for years, now find out exactly how Doctor Doom and the Future Foundation will save us all. The battle between the Council of Reeds and the Future Foundation extends through the Bridge and into the world now controlled by the Mad Celestials.

Collecting: FF 12-17
Published July 11th 2012 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about FF, Volume 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about FF, Volume 3

Start your review of FF, Volume 3
Jeff
Sep 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comix
Transcript of short interview with Dr. Victor Von Doom

Doom: You have been granted an audience with Doom, Ruler of Latveria. Kneel before Doom.

Jeff: I’m not kneeling. How do I know it’s really you and not a Doombot?

(Sound of electrical blast) (Screaming)

Doom: Face down on the floor. Good! Doom approves.

Jeff: Whahs thash really neshashary? (Getting up) Mind if I ask you a few questions?

Doom: Doom, Destroyer of Worlds grants you an audience.

Jeff: First, how do you fit Destroyer of Worlds on a
Artemy
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics, marvel
At this point, I can hardly follow what’s going on in the main series, and I absolutely do not understand what’s happening in FF. It’s all a load of needlessly convoluted pseudo-scientific mumbo jumbo, as far as I’m concerned. This volume was also severely lacking in the art department — only the final few pages drawn by Steve Epting were good, the rest of the art just looked like shit. Fortunately, the final issue was pretty cool, and thankfully brought back the family dynamic and the lighthear ...more
Jesse A
Oct 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one took a bit longer to get going. Still good, still fun but not the best of the bunch.
Mike
Summary: couldn't have done better if I sacrificed a baby Galactus to do it.

This is (a) a simultaneous read of FF volume 3 and Fantastic Four volume 5, and (b) a late BuddyRead of Foursome Week with my pleasingly weird Shallow Comics Readers.

So I'm trying to read the Hickman from start to finish, because God help me the last time I tried to get through his run on the FF-verse, I lost interest - despite Doom, evil Reed Richardses, super-intelligent kids and lots of major courtly...courtliness.
James DeSantis
May 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was actually damn fun. Better than last volume but not as good as volume 1. So almost great!

This is basically running along the main fantastic four series. While Reed and co are facing off against gods and Johnny returns, Val and her brother together work with their uncle doom to move everything forward. It'll be confusing if haven't read fantastic four volume 5 but if you did, it was pretty great lead up. I also really enjoyed the last issue which was Johnny and Peter living together. It'
Anthony
Mar 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
I'd love to give this more stars, because the story is fantastic, but I really wasn't keen on the artwork for the first couple of issues. Ruined what would have been a great story with the kids of the Future Foundation.

This book will be enjoyed more if read alongside, or as a companion too, the Fantastic Four: Forever volume, also by Jonathan Hickman. As I said early, it follows the kids of the Future Foundation, along with Doctor Doom and Nathaniel Richards. If you want the whole story of what
Dan
Mar 23, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, 2013
FF really shouldn't be read on its own, as it almost seems to be a place for Hickman to tell the "side-stories" in his Fantastic Four epic.
Marvel really screwed up the way they packaged and released his run. If you read this volume without having read Fantastic Four Volume 5 (as I did), you feel like you're coming into the middle of a story...because you are. Why did Valeria transport everyone to Latveria? How did Johnny come back? I actually had to go back to the end of Volume 2 just to make s
Aaron
Mar 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
I feel like I made a mistake reading this before Fantastic Four Vol. 5, since this essentially acts as a supplement to the more "important" events in that story (though, arguably each book's events are just as important as the others). While I was a little lost a couple of times when they would allude to things that were clearly happening in the main Fantastic Four series, overall this story is just too fun and well-written to really let that drag anything down.

Ever since Hickman started his ste
Alex Sarll
This book interlocks with Hickman's Fantastic Four volume 5, and reads best alternated issue-by-issue, with the other started first, and this one finished last. Hence the review being here rather than there, though why the collections couldn't reflect that I don't know - they've mashed the two together for the first collection of Matt Fraction's subsequent run, where the links are much looser. Anyway. This is where Hickman's grand vision for the team comes to a head, and it's ludicrously OTT. An ...more
Bill
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Slogging through volumes 1 and 2 of "FF" by Jonathan Hickman was worth it, to get to this volume. I feel like I shouldn't like this story -- it has a lot of elements I don't like, including time travel weirdness, arbitrary use of cosmic power, and child protagonists, but it somehow managed to keep me entertained throughout.

Mind you, a lot of the story is, well, missing -- it's over in Fantastic Four, the other series running concurrently. Fortunately, a few re-caps here and there keep the reader
RG
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Some of the artwork initially was alot to take in being such a striking difference to previous artists. However the story was great. It really was a balancing act to what was occurring in the previous fantastic four volume.
Timo
Aug 17, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Way too much pseudo science talk and way too much crappy ugly art. Lost interest totally.
Alan
Jul 04, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
There is good and bad in this volume, and enough good for me to hopeful that the final volume (which I started the other night) will be enjoyable. The good is that Hickman offers a good deal of finality to the story arc about the alternate Reeds and the rogue celestials. There is enough 'plode (yes Warren Ellis forums reference there) to keep those who are along for the only for the action happy enough.

Valeria and Franklin get a little characterization and hints at their future, a plot line that
Zack! Empire
Does this book following volume 2? I think it’s supposed to, but it feels like I missed something in between the collections. Didn’t the last one end with a big fight or something? I guess I waited too long to read this book because I can’t quite remember what happen before.
The book is still good though. I like following the kids around and seeing them on their adventures. The way the story keeps going back and forth between now and the past is usual something I find very annoying, but it wa
Dan Still
Jul 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Hardcore Marvel Fans
It's seriously like Jonathan Hickman picked my brain and said, "What would it take for you to actually care about what happens in a Fantastic Four book?"

I said something like, "Well, I've always loved Doom and Galactus and all of the FF villains, and Franklin Richards is an enigma that I'd like to see explored a WHOLE lot more, but I just don't trust Reed Richards, and Johnny Storm I could live without."

And then he said, "Alrighty, then," and commenced to write this series of mind-bending, jaw-d
Drown Hollum
May 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: superhero
This is a great mirror to the events of Fantastic Four vol. 5. While it doesn't carry the same emotional weight, it does well to fill in some of the blanks leftover from the main series, and explores the Val/Doom relationship in a neat way that leads to an excellent ending. Bobillo's and Dragotta's art is awesome, and perfectly suited to this bizarre and fun title. Shifting the focus to the kids was a great idea, that pays off in a meaningful way that expands the Fantastic Four mythos. In the co ...more
Todd Glaeser
Aug 15, 2017 rated it liked it
I wasn't thrilled with the artist for this volume. I wasn't sure who I was looking at. The story was ok, but needlessly complicated.
Matt
May 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Collects FF issues #12-16

This is one of the best modern Marvel stories I've ever read, but be warned that you can't start with this volume. There is a lot to read before you can appreciate what happens in this book. In fact, I don't believe you could read this book, and fully understand all the intricacies of what is happening. Before reading this, you need to read the following collected editions:

Dark Reign: Fantastic Four
Fantastic Four (by Hickman) volumes 1-4
FF (by Hickman) volumes 1-2

Then, w
Melissa
This FF series feels less like a continuous, related whole than a bucket catching bits of character and storylines from other series, and overflowing with a mishmash of plots, tones and artistic styles. Things have already had an, "and now, from out in left field" vibe and get much worse in this volume, which jumps in and out of what's going on. (The other half of the story is in Fantastic Four, which is collected separately. The two series do not tell complementary stories but actually tag-team ...more
James Lawner
Really didn’t like the artwork in the first couple of issues, the story was more focused on the FF, however the Fantastic Four were off in their own series AND JOHNNY STORM ISN’T DEAD ANYMORE! (Two things that should not have come back; why bother killing him off and creating a new series??) Issue 17 was the best, but since Johnny Storm and Peter Parker have been good friends, why do they make bad roommates?
Christian Zamora-Dahmen
I seriously liked the last issue contained in this trade. Having Peter Parker and Johnny Storm as roommates was hilarious. The rest, not so much. It read as a side-story to the main event that was playing over at the Fantastic Four title. And while I had high hopes for the Future Foundation, the story was dull, the art not that good, and even Val became obnoxious at some point.
Christian Zamora-Dahmen
Having Johnny Storm and Peter Parker as roommates was genius. The rest, not so much.
Most of this arch felt like a side story to what was going on at the main Fantastic Four title. Too bad since the line-up for the Future Foundation was amazing. But the art was terrible and the story was seriously dull. Even Val seemed a bit obnoxious at times.
Henry Blackwood
Sep 07, 2020 rated it liked it
This is a tidy companion piece to the conclusion of the last arc which fills in the gaps of story that were left in the regular fantastic four issues.

I enjoyed this for the most part. The art at times was suspect but other than that it’s some tidy stories that would’ve been paced perfectly issue by issue beside the story and probably how ill read it next time.
Patrick Gadrow
Nov 05, 2017 rated it liked it
I like Hickman's writing when he actually writes the whole story. It seems like in a lot of his writing he leaves out whole sections of the story and we're left trying to figure out what happened between scenes.
David Turko
Aug 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Really enjoyed the story, except this book, has a new illustrator. I'm not a fan of the art style, some of the drawings of the children look really strange and creepy. Still the story was excellent and I'm excited to read the next book.
Jeremy
May 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
Oof. This took a sharp turn down. Hopefully it picks up. 2/5.
Victoria
May 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
very good ff story
Fizzgig76
Reprints FF (1) #12-16 (January 2012-May 2012). The dimensional bridge has been opened and danger is coming in the form of Celestials. Now the Future Foundation must work together to stop the Celestials and save the Earth before it is too late. Unfortunately, the FF’s great enemy Doctor Doom may be the only chance that the Earth has for survival!

Written by Jonathan Hickman, FF 3: All Hope Lies in Doom follows FF 2: The Supremor Seed. The series features art by Juan Bobillo on FF (1) #12-14, Nick
Jesse
In which the kids do more adorable genius stuff, the world is saved by 20 or so seconds, and Franklin Richards talks to and invisible man. My only problem with this book in particular is there seems to have been a fair amount of action that happened off camera between this book and book 2 before it. I have a feeling that stuff takes place in Hickman's run of The Fantastic Four, which is kind of a bummer. Now I have to go get other books and read them to fully get the scope of this story....color ...more
Holden Attradies
I felt a little lost while reading this, almost like I was missing half the story. So I was pretty glad to find out I WAS missing half the story and that there the title "Fantastic Four" by Jonathan Hickman parallels this series, so I think I need to read that.

That aside I loved this. the series seems to be best when the genius kids are up to genius hijinks. And I think I could enjoy a series just about the moloids, who are the best. It was also super nice seeing the Power Pack and that Alex Pow

• Thor, Volume 2: Who Holds the Hammer?
  • The Unworthy Thor
  • Spider-Man: Life Story
  • Ultimate Comics Spider-Man, Volume 1: The World According To Peter Parker
  • Thor, Vol. 1: God of Thunder Reborn
  • Silver Surfer: Black
It’s no small thing to die and be born again.

After a certain amount of time you get tired of wasting talent. Of being part of a fraudulent profession — or actually being a fraud. And, most importantly, not living the life you are capable of having.

I remember the first night I went out with my wife. It was raining, she was beautiful… it was a normal, ordinary, intentionally uneventful, date. But at

FF (2011) (Collected Editions) (4 books)
  • FF, Volume 1