Start by marking “Beautiful Chaos (Caster Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
Beautiful Chaos (Caster Chronicles, #3)

Beautiful Chaos

(Beautiful Creatures #3)

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  92,504 ratings  ·  4,692 reviews
Ethan Wate thought he was getting used to the strange, impossible events happening in Gatlin, his small Southern town. But now that Ethan and Lena have returned home from the Great Barrier, strange and impossible have taken on new meanings. Swarms of locusts, record-breaking heat, and devastating storms ravage Gatlin as Ethan and Lena struggle to understand the impact of L ...more
Published June 12th 2012 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (first published October 18th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Beautiful Chaos, please sign up.
Ellen Speybrouck It's funny that you should ask. I have a Dutch copy of each book of the Caster Chronicles and in the back there is a list of references.

Beautiful Chao…more

11. h.g. wells: the invisible man
12. mary wollstonecraft shelley: frankenstein
13. robert luois stevenson: the strange case of dr. jekyll and mr. hyde
14. john steinback: of mice and men

I hope this helps. I'll do a list of the other books, too.(less)
Kate You can see previews on most books, but you cannot read them.

·  92,504 ratings  ·  4,692 reviews

Start your review of Beautiful Chaos (Caster Chronicles, #3)
Miranda Reads

This Chaos was not Beautiful. It was just Chaos.
When I first met you, that's what I remember. I looked up at the sky and thought, I'm going to love this person because even the sky looks different.
Its just... everything is SO DRAMATIC all the time. I'm exhausted. I'm drained. I just don't care anymore.
See? It's all fluff and drama and ANGST.

All of these plots
Kate Kaynak
Oct 14, 2010 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
You know you have a good book series going when hundreds of people add "Untitled Book #3" to their to-read lists...
Charlotte May
"In the end, the wheel crushes us all."

3.5 ⭐️

I'm finding with this series, that although it isn't good per se, and sometimes the teen angst and the constant fear the world is going to end can get very tiresome, I still find myself wanting to know what will happen next.
Damn if that isn't an accomplishment if these writers can keep me reading despite some questionable plot points!

We are now on the 'eighteenth moon' and once again Ethan is hearing voices and songs in his head. The world order has
Hannah-Linn
Mar 24, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: witches
You know what freaks me out a bit? That I never finished this book....
I was reading it, and then I wasn't and it was two weeks later and I found it in the back of my closet.

It was just...good. But I there were parts that were so boring I wanted to tear my eyes out. And I have to admit that after three books of action and drama of apocalyptic proportions, I think I was a little tired of it.

I'll have to see what my cousin thinks. They were like her favorite books, and she hasn't read this yet.
Janus the Erudite Artist
I am disappointed.

I started reading Beautiful Chaos with a huge smile and ended up with a frown on my face.

After the great adventure I experienced with Beautiful Darkness, I expected Beautiful Chaos to surpass the excitement and thrill of the 2nd book of the Caster Chronicles. Sadly, it just dragged on; and to think that I was really, really eager to see a lot of great things from this book.

There were several elements that bothered me while reading Beautiful Chaos, and they are as follows:

THE
Heidi
Oct 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Five stars: This series continues to excel.

Things are not quite right in Gatlin, nor are they right in the Mortal and Caster Worlds. The events that transpired at Lena's forced Seventeenth Moon Claiming created far reaching consequences. A crack splintered through the Order of Things; a slit formed in our world that is slowly spreading, sprawling and decimating life as we know it. Gatlin is plagued by relentless, scorching heat, grasshoppers, a dried up lake and the Baptists led by the intimidat
Ahmad Sharabiani
Beautiful Chaos (Caster Chronicles, #3), Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl

Beautiful Chaos is a fantasy young adult novel by authors Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. The book is the third entry in the Caster Chronicles series and was released on October 18, 2011.

Beautiful Chaos is the third installment of the Beautiful Creatures saga. In the beginning of this book Ethan and Lena are reunited and back together again.

After Lena's Claiming on her seventeenth birthday with one green eye and one gold, the
Elle♣
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2 stars

*Sigh*

The first book in the series was enjoyable. Not perfect or mind-blowing, but it was interesting and it made me want to read the other books. Luckily, I had the second one on hand to read straight away after I finished the first one. It was fine. Very boring, repetitive from the first and everything that happened in it was expected. The questionably good girl gone bad trope was poor. As usual.

But alas, I wanted to see where the story was heading and so I picked this one up and after
Feb 05, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I have not finished this book. And I need to state that I get quite irritated when I read reviews and the reviewer says they haven't finished the book yet. But, I don't think I can get through the book and I wanted to write about it. Maybe I will skim it just to see how it ends. When I started this series I was pleasantly surprised and thought it was a fresh approach to the teen supernatural genre, especially since the overly beautiful mysteriously powerful love interest was female for a change ...more
Don
Oct 24, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, fantasy
I've long felt (particularly with the previous book Beautiful Darkness) that the Caster Chronicles (1) don't need to each be 500 pages long and (2) don't even need to be a series. A book or two could have probably done the job.

But here we are at massive book #3. I do still very much like the series and considering the cliffhanger, am patiently waiting for book #4. Beautiful Chaos has many of the strengths of its predecessors: the rich Southern atmosphere (I practically read this series just for
Marnie  (Enchanted Bibliophile)
This book left me very conflicted!

NOTE: this review will contain spoilers for Beautiful Creatures and Beautiful Darkness.

While I loved all the relationships, characters and the plot, this book went way to dark for me.
Personally I feel that this could have been just as great a book with out all the demonic activity. Yes I get Abraham is dark and evil. Yes I get that he is not so powerful that he can cause this type of destruction all by himself, but really?
And Amma disappointed me so bad, she did
Joyzi
Sep 07, 2010 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Peeps who don't mind emo girl and gay boy
Recommended to Joyzi by: Goodreads
2011

Aaaaaaaaaaaawwww the cover's out! And it was black and what yellloooorrrrwwww????!!!!!!! Why?

OMG the title's out, Beautfiul Chaos, I lab it ^^
________________________________________________
Can't wait for this one, Beautiful Darkness pawns...

If Link is going to be an Incubus I wanna marry him ^^
Patrick
Mar 30, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All fans of YA Fantasy genre, and fans of Caster Chronicles
**Since I'm not going to post on our blog anymore, I have decided to put and write all of my reviews here on Goodreads, starting with this book.

Review
It's been a month since I finished reading this book.
Beautiful Chaos continues the story of the Mortal Ethan Wate and his love, the Caster Lena Duchannes. After surviving the happenings in the tunnels and claiming herself as both Light and Dark, Lena and the rest of Gatlin experiences near-apocalyptic events and must find a way to stop this while
Neil (or bleed)
“The mortal world is in a state of Beautiful Chaos and destruction, which will ultimately lead to an exquisite end.”

My favorite cover in the series because YELLOW! LOL!

Like what I said in my review of Beautiful Darkness, the title of this third book of Caster Chronicles are very much suitable to what is happening inside the book. Beautiful Chaos. Like my brain during and after reading it.

Actually, I almost lose my mind because there's a lot of events happened to Ethan, there's a lot of rev
MissBecka
This was my favourite one so far!
This series isn't something I will probably read again.
The books are long and don't have much substance to them...but by golly are they fun!
Looking forward to seeing how it all comes together in the last book.
High Lady of The Night Court
I think this is my favorite book in the series so far. Unlike the last book, the plot picks up in this book pretty quickly and the story moves more quickly. I feel like this book had the most plot compared to the last 2(but that could be because I've gotten used to the world and the characters and know so much more know).
Now, we've returned to world where the order is broken and honestly nothing is set right. Amma and everything else is darker than ever before. the Eighteenth Moon doesn't seem t
Tijana
Jun 20, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Before staring this book:
Everyone: Caster Chronicles go downhill after the second sequel.
Me*covering ears*: lalalalala Caster Chronicles is one of the best series evaaa lalala

Progress 0-70%:
Me: This book sucks, nothing's happening, just dumb teenage drama! Why didn't anyone warn me??
Everyone: ...

Finally making it to the last 30% of the book after weeks of trying:

"Would you mind getting the door for an old woman? I'm not feeling like myself today."
"That door?"
"That very one." She let go of the I
Rosy
I gotta warn ya.... Your going to cry a lot when you read the last about 120 pages of this book. Right now, writing this, I'm still crying... I cried harder and harder as I passed each page. I expect another book to the series.. If not... I'm forming a mob and attacking Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl.. But then they wouldn't be able to write... So, yeah I'll think about later.

Ethan Wate is the most absolute thoughtful guy on earth. I would fell in love with him in Beautiful Creatures, cared and
Tracett
Jun 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just finished reading an advanced reader of Beautiful Chaos - the tears are not yet dry on my face. If you've read the previous two books, you already know this is about the parochial and sometimes beleaguered southern city of Gatlin. Beautiful Chaos is about love, not just the fun kissy face kind of love, although there is plenty of that, it's about the deep abiding devotion that love can engender. As Ethan Wate struggles to understand his world, he learns that great sacrifices and rewards ca ...more
Lazaros
Dec 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: magic and urban fantasy lovers
This was fantastic!
Even better than the two previous installments and it just keeps getting better and better by each book.

I just love how every book seems to be focused on a virtue, like this one that was about sacrifice and doing the right thing when you know it's the only way to help those you love!

Ethan Wate is an amazing dude, I just idolize him. He is a person who would do anything, anything at all, for those he loves and that's what he did in the end of this book!!

And I was left gaping li
Lindsay
Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl

Waiting one year for this book after reading Beautiful Darkness was absolute torture. October was legit the month where all my favorite original YA series came out. Beautiful Creatures, Hush Hush, well they started my love for YA and a bunch of other genres. And after FINALLY reading Beautiful Chaos...well I have to say that I was not disappointed.

When I first opened the book, I was a little confused with what was going on because it's been so long since I've read the previous two books in t
Rachel
Real rating: 4.5 stars. Tempted to round up!
Alaina
I'm pretty sure this is my favorite book so far in this series. It was just so good from the start and I completely consumed this book. Now I'm really trying hard not spoiling things in books today (with all of the reviews I'm writing) and this one will be really hard. I feel like I should just really talk about the ending because I just can't fully accept that the book ended like that. I seriously need to get my hands on the last book right now! I'm trying to persuade the person who has my book ...more
Sophia (Bookwyrming Thoughts)
Like most books I read, Beautiful Creatures was just randomly picked up and looked interesting, so I read it. Plus, I needed some books to occupy me and it was somehow on my to-read list already. I just didn't get the chance to read it over the summer. Call that lucky to be in the library at the time.

I will probably admit, that although I read the entire series, I didn't really like the first 2 books in the series. Except for the ending and the summaries. Which was why I continued reading the se
Amanda Book-Worm
Mar 09, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
The cliff hanger. Oh the cliff hanger. How I hate cliff hangers.
The way the story ends... ughhh! I really can't believe it. Never have I read a book with this big of a cliff hanger.
Anywho, continuing on.
I liked Beautiful Chaos a lot more than Beautiful Darkness. There are a lot of secrets and a lot of sleuthing but on the down side, I found this book was very predictable. Well, at least some parts... the most important part.
(view spoiler)
 Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews
Oct 30, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews by: Book 4 Review Club

2 Painful Stars!

The Caster Chronicles 1-3 Collection by Kami Garcia I am still having a hard time reading this series… and an even harder time reviewing it… However, it is over…

Beautiful Chaos(Caster Chronicles #3)BY Kami Garcia

Lissa’s Third Hardest Review Ever

I had stated in my review of book two Beautiful Darkness that I honestly could not wait to see where the authors are taking the story. Well, the authors took me on a long journey that lead to, what I am sure is another book. Just like with the first two in the series I had a hard t
Cyndy
May 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I LOVED IT!!!!!! I think the ending was disappointing if there isn't going to be a sequel. Did anyone else notice the "Nineteen Moons" thing on the back page?
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Ever since Lena claimed herself to be both light and dark on the seventeenth moon, nothing is right in Gatlin, NC. The heat has scorched everything. The town is infested with a locust type insect called lubbers. They have earthquakes. Even the Castor's powers aren't working properly. Ethan keeps having strange dreams and he keeps forgetting things, small parts of himself, memories. But, Ethan is the Wayward. He has to find "The one who is two" because that is who can fix everything. Put the worl ...more
Jenn
So far from the series, I think this may be my favorite one so far. But man, this was still wordy as all hell.

Lena has pretty much broken the world with her life choices. When she claimed herself, no one foresaw the ripples that would have on the universe. Now, it's pretty much apocalypse time and no one knows quite what to do - and on top of that, Ethan is experiencing some really weird changes within himself, but he doesn't tell anyone about them, choosing to try to figure it out on his own -
Aimee ♥ | Aimee, Always
If I thought the first two Caster Chronicles books were good, Beautiful Chaos was awesome!

----

Synopsis:
Ethan Wate thought he was getting used to the strange, impossible events happening in Gatlin, his small Southern town. But now that Ethan and Lena have returned home, strange and impossible have taken on new meanings. Swarms of locusts, record-breaking heat, and devastating storms ravage Gatlin as Ethan and Lena struggle to understand the impact of Lena's Claiming. Even Lena's family of powerfu
Challenge Corner: Beautiful Chaos by Kami Garcia -> Starting June 1st, 2018 14 6 Jun 20, 2018 10:22PM
Beautiful Chaos *SPOILER ALERT* 25 251 May 12, 2018 05:29AM
Link & Ridley 1 3 May 12, 2018 05:20AM
Crazy for Young A...: Beautiful Chaos (Caster Chronicles #3) → Start Date: May 30, 2016 4 10 Jun 03, 2016 05:05AM
Does anyone get bothered by Liv and John's relationship? 4 41 Mar 11, 2016 04:13AM
2015 Reading Chal...: Beautiful Chaos by Kami Garcia 4 26 Jan 10, 2015 07:03PM
John & Liv 8 73 Dec 17, 2014 01:10PM

• Passion (Fallen, #3)
  • Torment (Fallen, #2)
  • Rapture (Fallen, #4)
  • Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2)
  • Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3)
  • City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6)
  • Gothic Fate (Gothic Doll, #3)
  • City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5)
  • Gothic Doll: En brazos de Mael
  • The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner (Twilight, #3.5)
  • Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5)
  • Crescendo (Hush, Hush, #2)
  • City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4)
  • Ночной дозор. Дневной дозор. Сумеречный дозор.
  • Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4)
  • Gothic Soul (Gothic Doll, #2)
  • Finale (Hush, Hush, #4)
  • Sinner (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3.5)
Kami Garcia is a #1 New York Times, USA Today, and international bestselling author. She is the coauthor of the BEAUTIFUL CREATURES series, which has been published in 51 countries and 37 languages, with over 10 million copies in print. In 2013, Beautiful Creatures released as a feature film from Warner Brothers. Kami is a cofounder of the YALLFEST kid lit book festival and the author of five solo ...more

Beautiful Creatures (4 books)
  • Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1)
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
  • Beautiful Redemption (Caster Chronicles, #4)