Start by marking “Forever and a Day (Lucky Harbor, #6)” as Want to Read:
Forever and a Day (Lucky Harbor, #6)

Forever and a Day (Lucky Harbor #6)

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  11,514 Ratings  ·  794 Reviews
LOVE CAN HAPPEN IN A HEARTBEAT Grace never thought she'd be starting her life over from scratch. Losing everything has landed her in Lucky Harbor, working as a dog walker for overwhelmed ER doctor Josh Scott. But the day his nanny fails to show up, Grace goes from caring for Josh's lovable mutt to caring for his rambunctious son. Soon Grace is playing house with the sexy s ...more
Published July 31st 2012 by Grand Central Publishing (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Forever and a Day, please sign up.

Katie No--it has adult content in it, and some language
Chassity Oden no Im afraid that Anna does not get her own book.

Kristin (KC)
:•:•: 3.5 Stars :•:•:

Sex first, love later…

I was searching for a light, fun, happy romance with just a bit of steam, and Forever And a Day delivered exactly that.

Grace comes to Harbor Falls looking to have some fun, and not much more. In need of some extra cash, she agrees to dog-sit for the town’s gorgeous doctor, Josh Scott, who also happens to be a single father and the caretaker of his handicapped younger sister.

Josh and Grace seem to get off on the wrong foot, but that doesn't stop the s
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

Forever and a Day is the sixth book in the Lucky Harbor series and just like the first five stories... amazing! In all my reviews of Jill Shalvis’ books I use the same words: sexy, passionate, beautiful, wonderful, heartwarming, feel good, magical… and all of those words apply to this story, too.
Love can happen in a heartbeat.

Grace never thought she’d be starting her life over from scratch. Losing everything has landed her in Lucky Harbor, working as a dog walker for overwhelmed ER doctor Josh S
Saly
Forever and a Day tells the story of Grace Brooks who came to Lucky Harbor when her banking career went kaput and a job interview called for "fringe services" she wasn't willing to offer, so she got stranded in Lucky Harbor in a storm and has been there for the past four months, forming the Chocoholics along with Mallory and Amy.
Both her friends have their life sorted now but Grace is still applying for jobs and her savings are soon dwindling and she is doing everything she can.

She likes the tow
Jill

Originally from New York, Grace Brooks applied for a banking job in Seattle and when that didn't turn out she drove until she ended up in Lucky Harbor, Washington. That night she met friends Mallory and Amy in a diner where they were stuck waiting out a freak snowstorm.

Dr Josh Scott has his hands full. With working in ER and his medical practice, looking after his twenty-one year-old sister, his five year-old son and a new puppy, the man seriously has no time for anything else. Accept this is L
Dee
Full review now posted.

5/5 Stars

If I could have given this 6 stars then I would have - for me it is one of the best Lucky Harbor books.

When we first read about Josh in the some of the previous stories I thought he would be ok, but I wasn’t really raving about him as he didn’t seem to dazzle as much as Ty & Matt, his two friends. But my mind was sure changed quick, Josh is just as sexy and confident as the others and is witty and sweet to go with it. Dr. Joshua Scott is a single parent who i
Wendy Marcus
Jun 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read a review of this book on a popular blog that was rather critical. So, even though I had it on my Kindle (because Jill Shalvis is an auto-buy for me) I put off reading it.

Well, let this be a lesson to me!!! A review is one person's opinion. And my opinion of this book is vastly different than the other reviewer's.

I loved it and will go as far as to say it may just be my favorite of the series.

I'm sorry I ever doubted you, Jill!!!
Jess
May 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads

“…First of all, he’s a doctor. He gets a lot of points taken off for that.”

“People usually add points for doctors,” Mallory said.

“Not me,” Grace said. “I was raised by a few of them, remember? Trust me, they don’t make good relationship material.”

Mallory squeezed her hand. “Honey, Josh isn’t like your family. He’s warm and loving.”

“Not to mention hot as hell,” Amy added.

Grace shook her head. “Sorry, the points are already deducted. And taking in
Elizabeth (Liz)
Review posted at: Swept Away By Romance

Books from Jill Shalvis always make me feel like I'm visiting really good friends. There is true comfort, a sense of camaraderie and just plain silly joy that comes from reading one of her stories. I could add that I'm a big fan, but that's probably glaringly obvious at this point.

That said, Forever And A Day, while it still managed to hook me early and reel me in, did not end up being a favorite, as the other books in this series have.

Grace Brooks found he
Kelly22
4.00 Stars - Contemporary/Small Town Romance.

Josh

[image error]Photobucket

Every time I read Jill Shalvis I’m reminded just how much I love to read anything she has to write. Be sure to lay this one on the reading list followed by your keeper shelve. It has everything ranging from an extremely capable hero of a doctor and sweetheart heroine, an adorable five year old and his rebellious aunt, and a puppy to fill up the equation. Once again Jill Shalvis tells story of everyday people we know, living everyday
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

Dear Sawyer,

You had me head over heels in love with you but there is a new hottie that has caught my eye.
He’s a doctor, you know. That’s a checkmark in his favor.
He’s also got a hot bod. Another checkmark.
Let’s not forget the sexy things he likes to say. Check. Mark.
Sorry, but I think I’m going to stay with Dr. Scott for a little bit. Please don’t shoot me.

Love, Ann

Yep, I’m a hussy, but you can’t blame a girl when Dr. Josh Scott is the sexiest thing to grace one of Jil
Michelle [Helen Geek]
Dec 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone .. A really lovely book.
5 Stars
Forever and a Day is an absolute joy to read. This is Jill Shalvis at her best. Loved the characters and the story flowed so smoothly. Grace is trying to figure out what and who she wants to be. Josh is trying to be everything he needs to be for everyone and in the end they find each other and it works beautifully. Almost magical.

Grace stumbled upon Lucky Harbor looking for her next career move. She lost her job at an investment banking firm when the economy crashed and she refused to sle
Lisa
Jul 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Can’t argue with that! I also acknowledge that the above quote is one of the many reasons that I have come to love Jill Shalvis and the Lucky Harbor series. The books are fun, quirky, witty and flat out fun! It is hard to pick a favourite from the series; however, Forever and a Day definitely ranks up there as one of my favorites in this fabulous series!

Dr. Joshua Scott (a.k.a. Dr. McHotti
Holly
It's no secret that I love Shalvis novels. I think she writes fun contemporary romances with just the right blend of humor and emotion. But this, well, this is probably the best Shalvis I've read to date.

As I was reading, I was reminded of Susan Elizabeth Phillips, with the dialogue and depth of emotion. Not to mention the humor. I literally laughed out loud on several occasions.

I plan to write a more in depth review closer to the release date. For now I think I can sum it up by saying I loved
Crista
****4 1/2 stars****

Forever and a Day has now become my new favorite book in the Lucky Harbor series, which is surprising as I was least excited for Josh and Grace's book.

Dr. Josh Scott is on the verge of a complete meltdown. First of all, he is a single dad raising a 5 year old son. Secondly, Josh's parents were both killed tragically in a car accident, and now his emotionally wounded, paraplegic sister has also become his responsibility. Lastly, Josh is a talented doctor who cares deeply for h
Manda Collins
Dec 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Toni Blake, Robyn Carr, Lisa Kleypas
Recommended to Manda by: NetGalley
Shelves: contemporary
My FAVORITE of this trilogy set in Lucky Harbor! I came into this one knowing the least about Grace--I knew Mallory was the good girl and Amy was the bad girl, but Grace was a mystery. Grace is searching for a full time job in banking to impress her parents, both rocket scientists who think that she isn't quite living up to their ambitions for her. So, she takes a temporary job nannying for sexy Dr. Josh Scott's five year old son Toby which puts her in close proximity to the hot doctor himself! ...more
Keri
Awesome wrap up to this trilogy! Josh and Grace was a wonderful couple. Grace was having trouble finding a job and sexy Dr. Josh was looking for a dog walker for his recently acquired devil puppy. So he hires Grace all the while suspecting that she wasn't as quite as skilled as she is letting on. Of course within the first 15 minutes, she manages to lose Tank. There was some laugh out load moments in this one. Josh is flat out crazy busy between his practice, the hospital and his son and handica ...more
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Lee's review posted on Guilty Pleasures

Jill Shalvis has hit another one out of the park with her latest in the Lucky Harbor series. After spending so long with the Chocoholics I’m so happy to finally be getting to the story of Grace and the sexy Doctor Josh Scott.

I have been waiting to see what was going to play out for these two and was so thrilled with how their love story unfolded. Josh’s whole adult life has been about taking care of everyone but himself and Grace the the PERFECT companion f
Jaci Burton
Jun 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This could possibly be my favorite Jill Shalvis book. I literally laughed out loud in the first chapter, and it just gets better from there. Grace is a wonderful heroine with baggage to spare and a decided plan for her future, until Josh, that is, who turns her life upside down. Josh is a to die for hero with just too many spinning plates, a pain in the ass sister and an adorable son. Put the two of them together and you have combustible chemistry, a fun romance, smoking hot love scenes and a ro ...more
MountainKat
Wonderful! Great! Charming! Delightful! Sweet! I could go on and on, but I'm sure you get the point!

I so enjoyed this book! I loved Josh and Grace separately, but together they were even better! This was a joy to read and I wish it hadn't ended. Josh had many responsibilities, not all by choice, though he wouldn't change them. He was used to taking care of others and was stunned to have someone care for him. Grace was just a sweetheart! She had been trying to live up to expectations her entire l
Dija
4.5/5 stars

I loved this story SO much! Loved absolutely every single thing about it. I laughed out loud more times than I could've possibly counted and said awww at least a hundred times! Mini-review to come, maybe.
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
The 6th book in the series, and at the risk of repeating myself..I loved it.

Grace came to Lucky Harbour by accident, after having lost her Job in New York, heading to Seattle for a new job, only to realise sleeping with the boss was part of the job description! She tells herself she cannot stay in Lucky Harbour, she needs her high powered job, to live up to her parents high achievements!

Josh is the Lucky Harbour Dr, has his own practice, works in the ER, works in the HSC, has a 4 year old son,
Ian
Jun 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Mallory nodded and toasted a cupcake to that. Then she set the cupcake down and got serious as she turned to Grace. "Honey, just promise me something."

"What?"

"That you won't be so driven by your past that you throw away your future."

Forever and a Day is the sixth in Jill Shalvis' popular Lucky Harbor series. It's the third and final book in her 2012 trilogy and centers around Grace and Josh.

Josh, a busy doctor, struggles to find time for his young son (Toby), and his younger paraplegic sister
Marran
Im lost for words I really am...I got this stupid little smile on my face thinking about this book

I didnt think Shalvis could do better then she already have but this is the best book shes written so far...I would give it a lot more stars if I could..I absolutley LOVED this...I felt all their emotions hitting me whilst reading this...

I laught more, aaww:ed more and nearly cried more reading this book then any other Jill Shalvis books

I need to read the others again to compare but I dont think the
Lady Heather
BEAUTIFUL!!
What a Great ending to such a Great series!!!
LOVED, LOVED, LOVED Josh & Grace's story!
Danielle
Jun 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Forever and a Day has to be my favorite story (well after Ford of course). This book really brought out the best in Jill Shalvis. I absolutely loved the characters and how the story flowed so well together. Although I wasn't a fan of the over all plot to be honest I really didn't care the story held every bit of my attention and I couldn't wait for Josh and Grace to finally realize there feelings for each other.

This story is what I love about romance. The way it was written was almost magical. T
Tammy
Nov 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, shalvis-jill, own
5 + Stars!!!!!

I adored Josh and Grace's story.

Josh always looking out for everyone except for himself. Then along comes Grace as his dog-walker/nanny and they both fall for each other, not realizing what was happening. I loved how Grace handled Toby, Anna, and the Antichrist dog known as Tank.

Another GREAT book written by Jill..
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 STARS ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ ...more
Kimberly
Blue Ribbon Rating: 5 out of 5
Original Review Link

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single doctor in possession of a five-year-old son, a potentially evil pug, a belligerent younger sister and the schedule from Hell must be in want of a wife. Okay, perhaps not, but Dr. Josh Scott is in need of a dog walker for his son’s rambunctious puppy. A misdial of the phone lands Grace Brooks — a brainy, out-of-work beauty new to Lucky Harbor — the job. And when Josh’s nanny quits without notice
Simply Irresistib...: Forever and a Day 5 32 Jul 06, 2013 08:37AM
  • All He Ever Desired (Kowalski Family, #5)
  • Bad Boys Do (Donovan Brothers Brewery, #2)
  • Within Reach
  • Willow Springs (Destiny, #5)
  • All Summer Long (Fool's Gold, #9)
  • Dream Lake (Friday Harbor, #3)
  • Blame It On Texas (Hotter In Texas #2)
  • Kiss the Bride (Amour et Chocolat, #0.5)
  • On the Steamy Side (Recipe for Love, #2)
  • Somebody to Love (Gideon's Cove, #3)
  • About Last Night
  • Sultry with a Twist (Sultry Springs, #1)

Look for Jill's latest, LOST AND FOUND SISTERS on shelves and e-readers now, and get all her bestselling, award-winning books wherever romances are sold.

Visit Jill's websi
More about Jill Shalvis...

Lucky Harbor (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Simply Irresistible (Lucky Harbor, #1)
  • The Sweetest Thing (Lucky Harbor, #2)
  • Head Over Heels (Lucky Harbor, #3)
  • Lucky in Love (Lucky Harbor, #4)
  • At Last (Lucky Harbor, #5)
  • It Had to Be You (Lucky Harbor, #7)
  • Always on My Mind (Lucky Harbor, #8)
  • Once in a Lifetime (Lucky Harbor #9)
  • It's in His Kiss (Lucky Harbor, #10)
  • He's So Fine (Lucky Harbor, #11)

“There are four basic food groups: plain chocolate, milk chocolate, dark chocolate, and white chocolate.” 46 likes
“Ty pointed his beer at Josh. "Want to know what I think?"

"No," Josh said.

"I think you have a case of being a little girl. Maybe you should prescribe yourself a heavy dose of man-the-fuck-up.”
27 likes