Start by marking “Franco Corelli: Prince of Tenors” as Want to Read:
Franco Corelli: Prince of Tenors

Franco Corelli: Prince of Tenors

3.6  ·  Rating details ·  10 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
(Amadeus). His exceptional good looks made him a matinee idol, and Franco Corelli the Prince of Tenors was dubbed "Mr. Soldout" for 20 consecutive years. In 1958, just seven years after beginning his career, he was already the highest-paid tenor in Italy. Following his Met debut in 1961, he was celebrated as the greatest tenor in the world, a position that he retained unti ...more
Published February 15th 2008 by Amadeus Press (first published February 15th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Franco Corelli, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Franco Corelli

Lena
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As one of the previous reviewers said, it is a book for fans of Franco Corelli... which I am. I actually read the book a couple of years ago and I loved this biography! I found it informative, well-researched, and well-written in an engaging style of someone who knows music and opera. I also liked the many photographs of Corelli at different stages of his life, including his childhood.
I did not agree with some of the author's reviews of Corelli's specific performances. In particular, I found him
James
Oct 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
Yet another biography of one of the greatest singers in living memory. The way in which the stories of his life are told are very engaging, especially the ones of his childhood, treated with a sort of humorous endearment. As a singer, however, it is mildly frustrating to see another book hailing a singer as a super human (though i do see him as such from time to time), and with no talk of training at all.
Nevertheless, a biography on Franco Corelli... it would be against my principles to not read
Aaron Shaw
rated it it was ok
Jan 14, 2015
Marc Boisseau
Sep 10, 2014 rated it liked it
This is a book for the fans of Franco Corelli.
Marc
Jun 17, 2008 rated it it was amazing
My rating is entirely based on the freakish vocal power of Franco Corelli.
David