Start by marking “Starting Your Day Right: Devotions for Each Morning of the Year” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Starting Your Day Righ...

Joyce Meyer

Starting Your Day Right: Devotions for Each Morning of the Year

4.5  ·  Rating details ·  963 Ratings  ·  53 Reviews
Readers are invited to start the morning off right with #1 New York Times bestselling author Joyce Meyer's devotions for each day of the year.
ebook
Published March 15th 2004 by FaithWords (first published November 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Starting Your Day Right, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Starting Your Day Right

Yolanda
Sep 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is on my desk at work. I read the day's devotion every morning to set my mind in the right place. I think I must have read it completely through at least 3 times. I always get something new and encouraging from it, so I'll just keep it up.
Melissa Mc Lees
This daily devotion was good, but be extremely careful about how you read it, and make sure that you get a dictionary to look up words that you do not understand. Also read this book when you are fully awake.
Lisa Topp
Feb 10, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Joyce Meyer is one of my favorite authors. This is the best daily devotional I have ever found - and I've tried a lot! Short, relavant and powerful!
Kacey
Jul 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my favs.
Alissa Cook
Aug 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have several books just like this one, and I love them all!! It's so nice to read these each day. There's one page dedicated to each day of the year. I have plenty of time to do my thing in the mornings but I know some of you are on a tight schedule each day and don't have time to spare. This book is perfectly suited for you, in that if need be, the day's excerpt can be read very quickly and you can move on if you don't have the time to sit and ponder what you've just read, sort through your t ...more
Janet
Feb 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this!! Must Read it daily. My 19 year old got it for me for Christmas. It actually is bound with Ending your day Right on the Flipside of the book. what can I say.. I haven't listed all of my Joyce Meyer reads, but we go waaay back :) I watch her every weekday morning at 6 am, and pull her up on my laptop if I miss or on the weekends.
When it comes to emotions, the power of the mind & words, overcoming obstacles, true forgiveness, honest truth of looking at ourselves and making changes
Rene
Mar 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an amazing start to your day!
keep it under your arm for feeling whole, place it in your heart, and further further to bible verses for more knowledge :)
Every time I open this book for the particular day, it manages to conquer just the right spiritual stronghold of the day :)
God is infused in the book, and allows you to live life in a loving, Christian way :)
Ditch your silly horoscope, and live life like Christ!:)
Jennifer Cox
May 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book as "Ending Your Day Right" very much. When I was deployed to Afghanistan I really had little time to do any kind of lengthy Bible studies. These books made my life much better and picked me up when I was down. They made me get up and get going when I did not want to, and good about the things I had done throughout the day. They were just enough of a reminder to listen to God throughout my day. I will read them again and again I am sure!
Rena Jane
Feb 05, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This has a Bible quote and a short passage about applying it to daily life. I'm enjoying this devotion as a way to begin my day.

I'm continually impressed with how, even at a random level, these daily devotions help set me up for my day, and often bring comfort and affirmation when I need it most. They so often touch me right where my greatest concerns are and give me strength, hope and inspiration.
Mimi
Sep 23, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: motivational
I loved this book because it motivated me to start my day thinking positively and to embrace my spiritual connection with God and one of the most important messages of this book is to be grateful for the things you have and never forget the heavenly father.

It's a great book to read daily.
Kate
Feb 18, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone
Recommended to Kate by: Mom
Shelves: own-it
This was a gift from my Mother. It might mean more to someone who has a tish more faith than I. I have a hard time reading anything that comes from the bible. Religion doesn't sit well with me. At least not Christianity. Nice gift, some good "devotions" to think on, but most are only common sense.
Danielle Schmidt
Oct 13, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Even the non early birds!
Short weet small easy to carry devo for each day of the year!
Everday has a verse with a short thought the grand total of 2 paragraphs easy for night owls(like me) to even fit in the morning routine!
Ta
Aug 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reference
Love it... Love it... Love it!
Kym McNabney
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great devotinal. Quick and simple and paced full of truth, hope and inspiration.
Jamie Leeper
Feb 02, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a great way to start your day! Short devotions with great messages! Joyce Myer speaks plain and to the point.
Michelle Henderson
I use this daily.
Donna Angel
Dec 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this devotional... Starts my day right with God !
La-Shanda
Jul 19, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Starting Your Day Right" is a very spiritual and uplifting book that gives meaning and reasons to live a positive life everyday.
Arlene Biddulph
Mar 30, 2012 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I got this from a friend, and I read every single day. Love this book, and the meditations always are spot on for me!
Donna
Jun 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The first devotional book I've read entirely! Will probably pick an other of Joyce's devotionals for 2013. So many times it seemed to "speak" directly to me about issues in my life. Wow!
Debra Davison
Mar 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have this on my nightstand and try to read it every night. I have had it for several years and still get something out of it every time I read it.
Mary Salmeron
Dec 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Joyce and read something from her daily
Jennifer Hall
Sep 10, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a gift from my sister in law, Jennifer, and it's one of my favorite books. You can read it over and over each year. It's a nice way to start the day out on a positive note.
Samantha
Jun 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review coming soon...
Peggy Meazell
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love

I have read several of Joyce's book and they are always good. They are always a good read in the morning.
Stephanie wood
Aug 25, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Dave and i read this book everymorning!!! its wonderful
Vivian
Jul 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have this book on my night stand and read it every morning before starting the day. Great way to get the day going and getting into the right mind set.
Kelsey
Mar 22, 2011 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I think everyone wakes up to an unhealthy enviorment but this book will help you to wake up to a good start and be excited about what god has in store for you!!
Ramona
May 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I still read this book , Joyce is wonderful and so uplifting.
A little goes a long way and is always helpful to me.
Wyvonna
  • 8 Steps to Create the Life You Want: The Anatomy of a Successful Life
  • The Secret Things of God: Unlocking the Treasures Reserved for You
  • Rick Warren's Bible Study Methods: Twelve Ways You Can Unlock God's Word
  • The Lady, Her Lover, and Her Lord
  • Moments Together for Couples: Devotions for Drawing Near to God and One Another
  • The Power of a Praying® Woman Book of Prayers (Power of a Praying)
  • When GOD Winks on Love: Let the Power of Coincidence Lead You to Love
  • The Ultimate Guide to the Daniel Fast
  • God Has a Plan for Your Life: The Discovery that Makes All the Difference
  • Your Best Life Now for Moms
  • Leadership Promises for Every Day: A Daily Devotional
  • What Is He Thinking??: What Guys Want Us to Know About Dating, Love, and Marriage
  • Girl, Make Your Money Grow!: A Sister's Guide to Protecting Your Future and Enriching Your Life
  • A Life Unleashed: Giving Birth to Your Dreams
  • The Tongue - A Creative Force
  • My Single Mom Life: True Stories and Practical Lessons for Your Journey
  • Discovering the Enneagram: An Ancient Tool a New Spiritual Journey
Joyce Meyer is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of the world's leading practical Bible teachers. Her more than 100 books have helped millions of people find hope and restoration through faith in Christ. Bestsellers include Living Beyond Your Feelings; Power Thoughts; Battlefield of the Mind; and The Confident Woman.

Joyce Meyer's broadcast Enjoying Everyday Life® airs daily on hundre
More about Joyce Meyer...

Nonfiction Deals

$7.74 $1.99
  • The Autobiography of Malcolm X
    $7.99 $1.99
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All Over But the Shoutin'
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Sous Chef: 24 Hours on the Line
    $13.99 $1.99
  • WEIRD: Because Normal Isn't Working
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Lady Almina and the Real Downton Abbey: The Lost Legacy of Highclere Castle
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Man Who Made Vermeers: Unvarnishing the Legend of Master Forger Han van Meegeren
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Why Have Kids?: A New Mom Explores the Truth About Parenting and Happiness
    $5.99 $0.99
“God is Good...Jesus is Lord
Be Good to Yourself and each Other
J-Jesus..O-Others..Y-Yourself”
34 likes
“Speak Life Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and they who indulge in it shall eat the fruit of it [for death or life]. PROVERBS 18:21 If we ride to work with somebody and gossip about our boss and talk about how we hate our job and what a stupid place it is, we will have a bad day. The Bible says, “A man’s [moral] self shall be filled with the fruit of his mouth; and with the consequence of his words he must be satisfied [whether good or evil]” (Proverbs 18:20). Clearly, we will have to eat our words, so we need to talk about the right things to be happy. If we murmur and gossip, we will eat the fruit of death. But if we speak life, we will eat the fruit of the Spirit (see Matthew 12:37). Choose to eat good fruit today.” 2 likes