Start by marking “Blooded (Jessica McClain, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Blooded (Jessica McClain, #0.5)

Blooded (Jessica McClain 0.5)

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  1,215 Ratings  ·  155 Reviews
Jessica McClain was born the only female in an all male race. The only problem is — she's no wolf. Called a curse, a witch and the Daughter of Evil by the superstitious wolves, Jessica decides to fight for her freedom, at age nineteen, the only way she can — in the ring.

When she's brutally attacked right after her fight, is it enough to finally earn her freedom off Compoun
Published April 11th 2012 by Orbit (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Blooded, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blooded

delane
Mar 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I've gotta say up front that Amanda Carlson has become a fabulous friend over the last 2 + years so I was lucky enough to get the chance to beta read along with her on this journey towards publication....WOW!! WHAT A RIDE !
This novella is set several years before the events that you'll get blasted with as soon as 'Full Blooded' hits the stand in September. What a great hook for the series!!!!!!
I know that you've probably already read the blurbs for this and the series to come and I stink at the
Kathy (Kindle-aholic)
Mar 23, 2012 marked it as to-read
Shelves: novellas
I will add a caveat that I am a friend of the author, and I got an early peek at this, but I also wouldn't BS you - I had a lot of fun reading this short.

I like shorts, and I've read my share of "prequel shorts" - the little intros to give you a taste of a new series. This is one of my favorites because I am an action-junkie and there is A LOT of action packed in here. You also get a good picture of the dynamics of the world Jessica lives in, and a good intro to the supporting characters.
Wicked Lil Pixie (Natasha)
Apr 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Blooded is a 60 page (give or take) short story that is basically the prologue to Amanda Carlson’s full length début of Full Blooded in September.

We meet Jessica McCalin who is the odd girl out, living with her fathers pack but the werewolf gene skipped her. Add to that the fact she’s a female and the rest of the male only pack is up in arms, she must be the witch born to bring down the entire pack. This leads to challenges non-stop for Jessica but all she wants is her freedom, but her father ca
Amanda Bonilla
Mar 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Get ready for a great new kick ass urban fantasy series! BLOODED sets up wonderfully for Carlson's upcoming novel, FULL BLOODED. Werewolf fans, get ready to add a new author to your list!
Stacy
Apr 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
BLOODED is the opening novella for the Jessica McClain series by debut author Amanda Carlson. The novella opens up right away showing how kick ass Jessica McClain is going to be and goes on to show us the dynamics in the pack she was born into and her family. There is a lot of violence towards Jessica because she is female and not a wolf. I was engaged in every and all aspects of the 66 pages in BLOODED and read it in a very short time without setting it down once.

After reading BLOODED and the f
Michelle Cummings
Apr 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was an excellent short story. Jessica is the only human female born to a werewolf father. She finds herself constantly fighting the werewolves in her pack who think she is part of a prophecy predicting a werewolf apocalypse. It's mostly one big fight scene, but it's excellently written and sets up the novel due in September.
Melissa Hayden
Mar 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was a novella!?! I can't wait for the NOVEL! Wow. Very well done!
*****
Jessica is tormented and taunted and now it's escalating to more and physical, since her eighteenth birthday. Now she wants to prove herself, challenging a fight against Pack rules, with Mitch - Alpha-born wolf, but not the strongest. Problem, she's the Alpha leaders daughter, and along with being female, she's human. After the bloody battle, Jessica is attacked on the Compound, almost killed by a stronger Alpha-born wolf
Daryl Hansen
Apr 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This Novella is an exciting read. Jessica McClain is a modern woman in a werewolf compound waiting for her father to let her go live her own life. Being the only female born to a human werewolf is a hard existence and Amanda Carlson tells of her struggles. Full Blooded, her first book of her triligy story about Jessica will be out this Sept.
Can't wait to see what comes down when Jessica starts her new life on the outside.
Katherine McCarthy
Mar 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
My Thoughts

My soul, imagine being the only female born to an all male werewolf pack. I thought growing up with 5 brothers was bad enough. Poor Jessica!

This novella is an introduction to the new Jessica McClain series by Amanda Carlson. It nicely sets the stage for the full-length novel coming out in Fall 2012. Overall, the novella gives us a good description of the main character, Jessica, and an understanding of how her upbringing and struggles made her who she is now.

The author has given life
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
Jessie is the only female born from a werewolf, unfortunately that comes with a few draw backs, one, her father's pack think she is evil and will destroy all were kind and two, they want to kill her before she hits her 20th birthday. So if challenging one of the alphas in the pack is the only way to save her self, that's what she is going to do.

Although this was a novella, it packed a punch, it was all action from the first sentence and I couldn't put it down. The main character and from whose p
Jessica McClain B...: Blooded: A Jessica McClain Novella 2 13 Apr 21, 2013 01:15PM
Jessica McClain Blog Tour 1 5 Apr 11, 2012 07:44AM
  • Collected (Coveted, #0.5)
  • Close to You (Downside Ghosts, #5.5)
  • A Stroke of Dumb Luck (Colbana Files, #0.5)
  • Devil's Luck (The Disillusionists, #3.5)
  • The Weird Girls (Weird Girls, #0.5)
  • Blood Before Sunrise (Shaede Assassin, #2)
  • Forbidden Fruit (Corine Solomon, #3.5)
  • River Road (Sentinels of New Orleans, #2)
  • Spider's Lullaby (Deacon Chalk: Occult Bounty Hunter #1.5)
  • Night Blade (Colbana Files, #2)
  • Bound to Me (Dark Days, #0.5)
  • One Hell of a Ride (InCryptid, #0.02)
  • The Renfield Syndrome (Rhiannon's Law, #2)
  • Leashing the Tempest (Arcadia Bell, #2.5)
  • Cat Tales (Jane Yellowrock, #3.5)
  • Chased by Moonlight (Moonlight, #2)
  • The Secret Guide to Dating Monsters (Secret McQueen, #0.5)
  • The Better To See You (Transplanted Tales, #2)
Amanda Carlson is the author of the upcoming Jessica McClain series. The first book, Full Blooded, will be released by Hachette Book Group, ORBIT US & UK SEPT 2012. She’s been writing for over ten years. Full Blooded is her first novel. She lives in Minneapolis, with her husband and three kids.
More about Amanda Carlson...

Jessica McClain (6 books)
  • Full Blooded (Jessica McClain, #1)
  • Hot Blooded (Jessica McClain, #2)
  • Cold Blooded (Jessica McClain, #3)
  • Red Blooded (Jessica McClain, #4)
  • Pure Blooded (Jessica McClain, #5)
  • Blue Blooded (Jessica McClain, #6)