Start by marking “Angel Diary, Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Angel Diary, Vol. 1

Lee Yun-Hee

Angel Diary, Vol. 1 (Angel Diary #1)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  648 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
The only Angel Princess of Heaven is betrothed to the Emperor of the Underworld. Unable to accept her future with the Demon King, she realizes that her only choice is to run away. Her plan is to join the human world disguised as a schoolboy! Now all of the Gods from Heaven and Hell are searching high and low on the earth trying to make sure that a wedding happens.
ebook
Published October 31st 2011 by Yen Press (first published November 2nd 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Angel Diary, Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angel Diary, Vol. 1

Sianeka
Mar 26, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, current
Korean Manhwa. Cute shojo gender-bender story with Dong Young, a royal daughter of heaven, who is betrothed to the King of Hell. She wants to escape this fate, so she runs away to earth. Disguised as a boy, she hides from the heavenly and hellish hosts trying to find her, as well as trying to live a "normal" life as a teenaged boy (even though there is a boy in class who 'likes' him as a male, but does this classmate really believe that Dong Young is a boy or does he actually know her secret?) A ...more
Lucille
Jul 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Lucille by: Dija
Shelves: read-manga
Cute, funny, and interesting! There are angels, demons, nymphs, and other mystical creatures. I love it. :D

(Go Bi-Wal! (view spoiler))
Tinsley
*This is my ratings for the entire series*
3.5/5
Ariel
Apr 19, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I only give it three stars because I didn't like it or hate it. It was just kind of meh for me. First off, all I can do is laugh at the main character's name. Dong-Young Whang. I mean....Really? Maybe I'm missing something here, and I know I can be immature at times, but COME ON! SERIOUSLY??. Anyway, continuing on, the book is about this girl who is the princess of heaven, and she ran away because she didn't want to get married to the Prince/king of Hell (I can't remember) So what does she do? S ...more
Yue
This is a manhwa, so it has to be read from left to right.

The world the characters are living is similar to Card Captors Sakura. I am still having a little trouble remembering the names (Korean names are harder to remember). Doung Young is a princess who ran away because she was betrothed to a Demon King. Now she is here on Earth, posing as a boy student. There are a couple of girls who are, actually, fangirls; crazy over her relationship with Bi-Wal. And actually, their relationship looks yao-i
Rosa
Apr 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Korean Manga Books
Shelves: own-it
Just picked this book out at Borders on a sunny day. I decided to get this since my background is Korean and that I like to keep up with my own roots through a Manga Book. I am really surprised that at an American Bookstore like Borders that they are willing to sell Japanese and Korean Manga Books to the American Customers.

I think that maybe since Sailor Moon and Pockey Mon are popular with the pre-teens they have decided to sell Japanese and Korean Manga Books.-that is really interesting to kno
Anne Freya
Putri mahkota surga menolak dijodohkan dgn raja neraka, jadilah ia kabur ke bumi dan menyamar jadi cowok remaja. Tapi surga tentu saja tdk mau diam saja krn itu akan merusak persekutuan damai mereka, maka diutuslah 4 penjaga (Seiryu, Byakko, Suzaku, dan Genbu) utk mencari putri tsb. Di luar dugaan, putri yg satu ini bkn Damsel in distress loh, dan rupanya dia punya kekuatan yg lbh hebat dari 4 penjaga tsb. Lalu bagaimana reaksi raja neraka saat mengetahui putri kabur?
Lea
A good, solid series by Kara. Not quite as good as Demon Diary, but still very enjoyable. The runaway Princess from Heaven flees her intended marriage to the Prince of Hell and ends up going to school on Earth disguised as a boy! Mishaps occur and much hilarity ensues. The one problem with this series is that there are lots of hidden pasts which most of the characters know about and the reader is left in the dark about. This gets annoying after 4 or 5 books....
Starbubbles
Aug 19, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manhwa
this was adorable! i'm so glad i picked up everything that was available at the library for this series. so what if it was only 4 books? i enjoyed them all. the characters are great too. bi-wal jin, hot and fun... haha. it's a highly creative series with an interesting twist to the classic interpretations of good and evil that i'm used to. i especially love how there are are mythical creatures in here, other than just angels, like nymphs!
Tara
Sep 06, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ha that was so funny I want to read the next 12
(will get them now) he/she is so in love with him Blushing followed by a punch because he touched her(groped more like it)they are so cute together I love this kind of Manga (but don't tell anyone that)BoyXBoy love wait that's not right because the main is a girl dressing but like a boy funny
Roxanne Rosa
Jul 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love the characters of this series!! I actually started this series thinking i would not like it, but ended up really enjoying the entire thing. The art caught my attention, but the story kept me going.
Anthonia
Aug 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great manga series to read. I loved reading this tale of the runaway princess of heaven. The four guardians of heaven and their work on the earth as well as finding the princess of heaven and fighting bad guys
Julia
Nov 16, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Ehh it was ok

Very cute drawings

Kind of hard to follow sometimes like the story doesn't quite fit together sometimes.

Like how are Dong-Young and Ah-Hin friends since childhood? How did they meet?

Lil confusing :/
sucker4synth
Jan 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gender-bending plus angels and demons! This Korean manhwa is about the princess of heaven running away to avoid her arranged marriage to the king of hell. What better way to hide out than pretending to be a boy? The comedy actually made me smile. Great art, too!
Francine
Sometimes very confusing when it comes to paneling and story telling. I like the setting and the characters, but all in all, I've read better gender bender stories.
(Maybe it's less confusing for those who have read Demon Diary?)
Jeane
Sep 18, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anybody that enjoys fantasy and good art
Shelves: 2007r3dbo0kz
the story line is interesting in that its complex and have many characters. although the character's names are very hard to remember. I really enjoy the art in it though. like for all graphic novels, i usually read for the art but if the story line is good too, i don't mind ^-^
Priscilla Nancy
Jan 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorites!
Kazoa
Mar 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my first manwha that i've read and I absolutely fell in love. The story line is interesting and the characters makes you want to keep laughing.
L Nguyen
I really like this manga, but it was slightly dry. Plus, the names get very confusing. I'm like, wait, who's who? Otherwise, this is a nice manga to kill the time.
Mere
Sep 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Runaway angel princess.
Brenda
Apr 22, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a translated Korean book about an angel who has to get married but runs away and cross-dresses as a boy to hide.
Celestial
Mar 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: anime
I loved this book. it was suspenseful at times and very exciting. overall I liked the whole series.
Candace
manga was god and really funny and sometimes comfusing
Kizz♥
Nov 02, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I LUVV THIS SERIES!! **squeal**
Cookiemonster454136
OMG this was an amazing anime story, and I can't wait to get the rest! I love the authors work and the drawings (always my favorite part) and read it over 20 times (after finishing)
Emma
Jessica
Feb 03, 2013
  • Pig Bride, Vol. 01
  • The Queen's Knight, Volume 1
  • Flower in a Storm (Flower in a Storm, #1)
  • I.O.N
  • NORA: The Last Chronicle of Devildom, Vol. 1 (Nora, #1)
  • Her Majesty's Dog, Volume 1
  • He's Dedicated to Roses, Vol. 1
  • The Magic Touch, Vol. 1 (The Magic Touch, #1)
  • Bring It On!, Volume 1
  • Ai Ore! Love Me! Vol. 1
  • Aquarian Age: Juvenile Orion, Volume 1
  • Yurara, Vol. 1
  • Dream Saga, Vol. 01
  • Mugen Spiral, Vol. 01
  • Arata: The Legend, Vol. 01 (Arata: The Legend, #1)
  • Kasumi, Volume 1 (Kasumi, #1)
  • Pixie Pop: Gokkun Pucho, Vol. 1
  • Tears of a Lamb Volume 1

Angel Diary (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Angel Diary, Vol. 02