Start by marking “Niezgodna (Niezgodna, #1)” as Want to Read:
Niezgodna (Niezgodna, #1)

Niezgodna

(Divergent #1)

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  2,661,653 ratings  ·  105,622 reviews
Altruizm (bezinteresowność), Nieustraszoność (odwaga), Erudycja (inteligencja), Prawość (uczciwość), Serdeczność (życzliwość) to pięć frakcji, na które podzielone jest społeczeństwo zbudowane na ruinach Chicago. Każdy szesnastolatek przechodzi test predyspozycji, a potem w krwawej ceremonii musi wybrać frakcję.

Ten, kto nie pasuje do żadnej, zostaje uznany za be
Published March 20th 2012 by Wydawnictwo Amber (first published April 25th 2011)
Featured Notes & Highlights

To ask other readers questions about Niezgodna, please sign up.
Klara YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!…moreYES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! (less)
Bree Yerbury
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  2,661,653 ratings  ·  105,622 reviews

Wigs
Dec 03, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

What kind of ridiculous mess...

Oh man.

So I know I say this in dissenting opinion, as many on my friends list are partial to this book, but I could not stand it. So before I go off on my tirade, I must explain. You may be thinking to yourself why I gave it two stars and not one, if I’m complaining so much. Let me explain that two is pretty low on my scale. Two is “why did I buy this.” Or read this. Or whatever. One star is dramatic. One is “this should not have been written,” which I have given out as you may k
Nataliya
Heh. I'm torn now. I eyerolled so much while reading this book that I may have permanently damaged at least some of my cranial nerves. And yet I read it in one sitting, annoyingly and inexplicably entertained. Go figure.

There just may have been some facepalming as well.

It's yet another young adult dystopia based on a stupid premise. Seriously, it's plainly ridiculous. If I had to compare itclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
There
Tatiana
As seen on The Readventurer

We all know why Divergent was written. There is no doubt 99% of dystopias published during the last year or so have been trying to at least partially replicate the success of the trilogy. Public wants to read more dystopian stories, publishers want to sell them, authors want to write them. Everyone is happy.

I have read a few new dystopias recently and liked or disliked them to various degrees. There are dystopias for any taste, dystopias that emphasize separate aspects of the trilogy. There are d
mark monday
Dear Hunger Games,

I miss you. I really do. Our relationship is over and done with but the memory of you still lingers on. I know that's a terrible cliché - and you hate clichés - but it's a true one, at least in this case. I don't think I'll ever be over you. You are fucking special.

It took me some time, but I finally met a new girl. Her name is Divergent. She's quiet and strong and short-tempered and insular and brave... a lot like you, I suppose. But is she really? This is hard for me to admit but I think I wa
Miranda Reads
description

Divergent - the Walmart of Young Adult

Enjoy the selflessness of Katnis? Love the Harry Potter houses? Adore the will-they-won't-they love from Twilight?

Well, here's the watered down combination of every YA series out there.

There's Tris - the most annoying main character I've met in a while.

The pendulum swings from - from "oh look at me I am such an innocent little abnegation gal - I don't even look into a mirror cause I'm so selfless" to (and this is within a couple of chapters) "I'm the strongest girl ever, selfish to t
Kat Kennedy
Today I almost attacked a man in public. A man who was yelling at and abusing his partner. Kicking the trolley, shoving her and screaming obscenities at her. I ditched the trolley I'd been pushing and stormed toward them, my mind blank of anything but ruthless fury.

The next part was like out of some stupid romance novel. Mr Kennedy pulled back on my arm and said, "No. There is no way you're going over there!" He took off the baby sling, handed it to me and sent me to go put the groceries and baby in the
Elle

There comes a time in every average, misunderstood, flat chested, never-been-kissed, pre-war heroin, sixteen year old girl's life when she must decide between right and wrong.

Yes. RIGHT and WRONG.

Not Harry and Sam. Or Harry and Mike. Or, frak help us, Harry, Sam AND Mike. No no. In Divergent, Good, Evil and Tris are our love triangle. How utterly refreshing.

Now, don’t get me wrong. You will find your standard amount of PG-rated teen romance in this book. Check it:

Yes. RIGHT and WRONG.

Oh, eh... Wrong book. My bad.

But romance isn't the focus. And that makes me super-dooper shiney-whiney happy with sprinkles on top because I find my focus is easily persuaded elsewhere if there isn't enough action happeni....
[image error]

... huh? Oh, right, right. The Plot.

Imagine: The population of Chicago has been divided into factions based on five standard values: bravery, intelligence, honesty, kindness and selflessness. Once you have chosen which of these virtues is most awesome of all you are placed into a community of like-minded individuals who will then become your only friends, peers, colleagues and the pool from which you will select your husband/wife. And best of all, you will never have anything do with anyone from the other evil, evil factions if you can help it. You see, this way you are safe in your tight little community cocoon and can spend your days bitching about how fucked-up those other factions are for choosing what is clearly a far less awesome way of living.

And you certainly never have to worry that your batshit-crazy intelligence-loving neighbours are keeping busy by plotting your evil demise. No no. The city carries on in a complete state of peace, love and mung beans.

o_O

Bitch please.

Now, what I would like to know is, which facking genius came up with THAT idea? Who was it that got up and said, "Hold up peeps. I've totally got it. We'll DIVIDE the city by forcing everyone to choose ONE AND ONLY ONE principle virtue and we'll even make it obvious by getting them to wear different colours so that there will be no question whatsoever as to which group they belong. SEPARATION is the way forward."

Wait. WAIT WAAAAIT!

What?

I'm not ENTIRELY convinced that the dystopian element makes all that much sense. Much in the same way that Delirium was all 'Love is the vicious cause of all our problems'. But that doesn't really bother me all that much. Me? I'm still cheering over the fact that we don't have to sit through another love triangle. Yeeeeehaaaawww!

And that's not even the best news! Nuh uh. That's not EVEN what I came here to say! The absolute BEST thing about Divergent is that Tris rates a high BADASS on the awesome-o-meter. Seriously. She's a moody, self indulgent, gun firing, cliff jumping, ass kicking little bitch-faced mole. AND I JUST LAP THAT SHIT UP, YO!
karen
Jun 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i need to make something perfectly clear. i am well aware that i gave 4 stars to Daughter of Smoke and Bone. and i am giving 5 stars to this one.

the world is a tough and inconsistent sphere.

because Daughter of Smoke and Bone is a much much better written book. it's no contest. she is lush and lyrical and there is a gravity to her writing that makes you stop every so often to murmur, "well said, laini taylor, well said..."

this book is just fun.
fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun

this is unexpected pillowfight, marshmallow syrup on strawberry ice cream, ki
Rick Riordan
Nov 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I definitely enjoyed it. At first, I had trouble convincing my older son to read it, because he was convinced that every dystopian novel is a "Hunger Games" wannabe, but he read it on a recent plane trip and we had a great in-depth discussion about the characters and their motivations.

The premise: Chicago of the future is a closed city-state. The citizenry really doesn't have any idea what is beyond their borders. They just know it's dangerous. Inside the city, humanity is divided in
Hannah
Dec 12, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
THE SEVEN STAGES OF READING HELL: When You Realize You're Going to be the Odd Man Out (Once Again) With a Wildly Hyped and Popular Book that Everyone Else Loved

as Presented by:
The Coterie of Emotive Kittehs (courtesy of Google Images)

December 13, 2011

Page 30:

Page 77:

Page 145:

Page 270:

as Presented by:
The Coterie of Emotive Kittehs (courtesy of Google Images)

December 13, 2011

Page 354:

Page 404:

Page 475:

Final Analysis of my Reading Experience:

(What? You didn't think I was going to show a kitteh with a knife in its eye, did you?)

Rating: A (Very) Generous 1 Star

The Moral of this Review:
I should not read any more YA dystopian novels.

THE END
Emily May

Okay, okay, I completely understand why people could really like this and also why people could find it a huge disappointment. As for the latter... well, this was one of the most highly anticipated works of dystopian fiction to be released this year and the fact of the matter is that it just really doesn't work as a dystopia. Or, at least, what seems to be the general definition of a dystopia.

I can highlight the problem really well by referring to a conversation I had with my mum when she saw the book l
Reader-ramble
Mar 19, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: I would burn it.
Recommended to Reader-ramble by: Sadly, I went looking for it.
Shelves: ya-to-avoid
Okay, so the movie came out on disk, and I was surfing one of my favorite channels on YouTube, when I found this video by CinemaSins. It's a fun and irreverent bit of criticism. Enjoy!

Since I managed to get 100 likes before the movie came out, I will be reviewing Insurgent and Allegiant in the future. It may be a while though. Life is a bit in the way.

Okay, time to get serious. I wish I could be funny like my Mortal Instrument reviews, but my intellectual has kicked in because this book manages to be defined as part of a genre that I have always adored,Enjoy!
Since
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)

I'm going to do something that I have never done before. I'm going to rate this book lower than every single one of my Goodreads friends. Do you know why?

Because I hated the CRAP out of this book.

Now what follows might offend some lovers of this book. To "Divergent" fans: I'm sorry I'm going to rip on one of your favorite books. But honestly I almost wish I had this in paperback form so I could get the satisfaction of throwing it in the garbage. With gusto. Or maybe the fireplace...

Let me start with the "world
Wendy Darling
3.5 stars Any book that arrives heavily hyped usually has a ton of marketing power behind it. Sure, there are critical reviews to consider, but these days consumers are more aware than ever of the dollars at stake behind book and film negotiations. Which means that there's a lot of pressure riding on any book to live up to its promise, particularly one that comes from a 23-year-old author who has already landed a 3-book deal and signed away the movie rights.

After so many big dollar and we
Arlene
Mar 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Arlene by: Booker ARC Tour - Alexa Thank you!
This book is totally WICKED!! I am, without a doubt, hooked. I want more… NOW!

Divergent by Veronica Roth is one of the more highly anticipated YA dystopic novels set to come out next month, so I’m very fortunate for my Street Corner Booker friend for sharing this great read with me on our ARC tour. Thank you Alexa!

I have to say, I had an absolute blast reading this wild ride of an adventure, and I enjoyed every minute of it. EVERY.SINGLE.MINUTE! I haven’t had this sort of rush since Katniss ente
Steph Sinclair

Whoa.

Breathe, Stephanie. Breathe.

Photobucket

Photobucket

This.Was.Good. It seems like every dystopian book that comes out now is being compared to The Hunger Games. Well, if there was ever a book that might come close to that comparison it would be Enclave and now Divergent.

Veronica Roth's debut novel Divergent is getting some major hype and you know what? I think it deserves it. It's no secret that I have a dystopian society book addiction right
Nick
One of my first reads. Enjoyed every second reading this.
Lyndsey

Everything that rises must Diverge.

Or that seems to be the philosophy of this book. Divergent poses that as a society progresses, it becomes more segregated, as opposed to more integrated. Likely? NO. Fun? HELL YES.

Does it smell like Hunger Games in here to you?

Check out the video for this Hunger Games parody at the end of the article Part Two of The Best YouTube Book Trailers.

Imagine a culture whereYES.
Does
Stephen
This book’s sobriquet should be "the comeback kid" because its final rating of 3 solid stars required it to overcome a seriously frustrating first half that had me ready to do great violence to it.

Before I expound on the redemptive, grace/face/rating saving virtues of second half of the book, I need to rant vent a bit regarding what turned my hackles all red and puffy.

THE SIN:

I am a SF dystopian connoisseur and I love a well-conceptualized “world in the shitter” set up. I am happy if the author wants to make the dystopian vision the narrative centerpiece an
Jessica Edwards
May 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
I read this book before actually watching the film, and I'm going to be honest and say that I prefer the book.
I've said before that I don't like to read a lot of Dystopian books, but I made an exception on this book because it was coming up a lot on my Goodreads Homepage, and I was surprised with how much I enjoyed it.

Sixteen year old Tris Prior lives in a futuristic world in which society is divided into factions.
When each person enters adulthood, he or she must choose a faction and stay in
Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead
12/6/11-
I can't believe this book was Favorite Book of 2011. I must not be part of the in-crowd! Oh well.

Review below...

I have questions. Once my questions are answered, maybe I'll move my overall ratings up from 2.5 stars to 3.5 stars. Here is the thing, If the world doesn't make sense to me, I'm not going to enjoy the book as much as I could enjoy it.

So, here are my questions-

Why, at the beginning, can Beatrice look in the mirror ONLY when her mom
Michelle
Jul 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: the entire planet
Shelves: 2010
I did not like this book.

I started reading it at about 3pm in the afternoon and finished at about 9:30. When I finished I sat there, stunned. In awe.

It is one of the best Young Adult novels I've ever read. One of the best novels I've ever read, if we're going to go there, too. It was, in a word, flawless.

How can you "like" flawless? How can you "love" it? DIVERGENT is powerful. It is moving. It is extraordinary. My only regret? That the whole world hasn't read it yet, because my need to talk
Abbi Glines
I'm not a big fan of dystopian but I LOVE THIS! Four is now my new book boyfriend. Well…. he is at least my back up in case I break up with Travis one day.
Ahmad Sharabiani
Divergent (Divergent #1), 2011, Veronica Roth
The novel is the first of the Divergent trilogy, a series of young adult dystopian novels set in the Divergent Universe. The novel Divergent features a post-apocalyptic version of Chicago and follows Beatrice "Tris" Prior as she explores her identity within a society that defines its citizens by their social and personality-related affiliation with five factions, which removes the threat of anyone exercising independent will and re-threatening t
Peep (Pop! Pop!)
When I was finished this book I could only think of three things: Uwe Boll, Asylum Films, and the Sy-fy Channel. Yes, to me, it was that bad. It has everything that they like: Cold leader who excels at everything, even when she doesn't try. Violence and gore at every turn. Oppressive society. Tattoos. Injuries that come and go as they please. Etc, etc, etc.

Hmmm, where to start?? To start? To start? Haha, ring a bell? It does. It does. It does. I am brave! I am Dauntless!

Ok, I'll get serious now.
K.D. Absolutely
Oct 19, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to K.D. by: Rollie
This book is just not for me. I should not have borrowed this. I should have ignored this book even if this is this month's read for our book club. I have no intention of attracting attention by disliking this popular book. I am just being honest to myself.

Please allow me to explain.

(1) Late last year, I read and liked Suzanne Collin's The Hunger Games. I don't read lots of dystopian and I thought I read it even before I read William Golding's Lord of the Flies. So, the idea of kids
Kristi
WOW. WOW.... no really, just wow. Could not put it down... and I CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT IT!

One of my favorites books this year, no question about it!

I've been trying to write this review for the last two hours... and nothing is coming to mind but "AWESOME" and "WOW" and "WOW".... did I say wow? I apologize that this review is going to be incoherent, and mostly fangirly, but that's the state of mind this book has left me in! I'm in shock of its spectacular-ness. Is that even a wor
Alejandro
A book with its ups and downs.

ROLLERCOASTER OR FERRIS WHEEL?

Politeness is deception in pretty packaging.

This novel was a rollercoaster for me. Maybe it should be a ferris wheel (pun intended) but no, it was a rollercoaster since at some moments I was quite high, real excited about the story, but at some moments I was way down, getting into my nerves.

It wasn't easy to rate the book, since I liked the general story in the novel, but I really liked several unexpected twists in key moments of it.

So, i
Dd
Jan 03, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

WHOA!!Everyone....

STOP!

And make way for this young kickass heroine...

Beatrice Prior.

'Those who want power and get it live in terror of losing it.That's why we have to give power to those who do not want it.'

Okay,so by now nearly everyone has read this book.This is a book which needs no introduction.So,I'll try to keep storyline short.
(As short as I can for a book of nearly 500 pages!)

This books depicts a dystopian Chicago world where the society is divided into five groups or factions as they call it.
/>(Asbook.This/>/>Beatrice
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
I don't know how I feel about this book so I'm going for the 3 star okay for now. I saw the movie a long time ago and loved it, then liked it, then I don't know. Now I feel the same over the book. I love a lot of the characters but I just don't know.

And does it really matter what I think?

I will finish the box set I own to see if I change my mind.
Divergent Movies...Yes or No? 38 88 Oct 19, 2019 11:00AM
Songs that go with this book 26 435 Oct 19, 2019 10:57AM
Does Anyone Respect What Al Did. 60 340 Oct 19, 2019 10:51AM
Does anyone else not like Tris that much? 81 260 Oct 19, 2019 10:46AM
How do you put up a gif on goodreads??????????!!!! 604 5494 Oct 11, 2019 08:18PM
WORD GAME! starting with FOUR! 45695 9765 Oct 09, 2019 05:12PM

• Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Speak
  • Lord of the Flies
  • The Handmaid's Tale
  • Breaking Point (Article 5, #2)
  • The Declaration (The Declaration, #1)
  • A Wrinkle in Time (Time Quintet, #1)
  • Other Worlds
  • Prized (Birthmarked, #2)
  • Unearthly (Unearthly, #1)
  • Saphirblau (Edelstein-Trilogie, #2)
  • The Dark and Hollow Places (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #3)
  • Destroy Me (Shatter Me, #1.5)
  • The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines, #4)
  • Shift (Shade, #2)
  • Quintana of Charyn (Lumatere Chronicles, #3)
  • Pandemonium (Delirium, #2)
  • Desires of the Dead (The Body Finder, #2)
Veronica Roth is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Carve the Mark and the Divergent Series (Divergent, Insurgent, Allegiant, and Four: A Divergent Collection). Her short stories and essays have appeared in Summer Days and Summer Nights, Shards and Ashes, and the upcoming Three Sides of a Heart. The Divergent Series was developed into three major motion pictures.

Veronica grew

Divergent (3 books)
  • Insurgent (Divergent, #2)
  • Allegiant (Divergent, #3)
“We believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another.” 16678 likes
“Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.” 11741 likes