Start by marking “A Whisper From Eden” as Want to Read:
A Whisper From Eden

Read Book* *Different edition

A Whisper From Eden

Perched high upon lofty cliffs, overlooking the turbulent waters of the Missouri River, the great Mandan tribe could survey the river and the wild prairies of North Dakota. From these walled fortresses, like ruling kings from medieval times, the rich and powerful Mandan knew how to wield magic, magic taught to them by the great god, Lone Man, one of The People from Above.
Published March 5th 2012 by Phoenix

To ask other readers questions about A Whisper From Eden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Whisper From Eden

Start your review of A Whisper From Eden
Phoenix Reads
Mar 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
We hope you enjoy A Whisper from Eden. Lee and Gary Jordan Phoenix Readsas PHOENIX
Tony Parsons
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alfred Bowers heard the legend of the Manda tribe from his friend Scattercorn (Berthold reservation). It was passed down to him from Chief Good Furred Robe, Corn Husk Earrings (brother) & Corn Silk (sister). In 1837, a Smallpox epidemic wiped out most of the local/immigrant PPL of America but the Manda tribe as well. Very few of their race/culture survived.

Set between the time periods 1827-1832, in Eden NC, the tale or legend explores the Indian tribe of the Mandan. They are either ancestors of
Christoph Fischer
Feb 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
“Whisper from Eden” by Phoenix Reads is a unique blend of history, myth and fantasy and one that worked very well. Set mostly in Southern Carolina (Eden) between 1827 and 1832 the book explores the myth surrounding the Indian tribe of the Mandan (a real tribe now living in North Dakota), whose appearance has given rise to speculation that their ancestors are either Welsh settlers from the 1100s or descendants from Aliens.
The story follows Clayton Pinckney, writer and the son of a rich man who is
Kelly
Nov 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**Note: I won this book during a giveaway. This did not affect my opinion of the book.

Let me begin by saying that if I were in a bookstore and read the synopsis of this book, I never would have picked it up and read it. Historical fiction isn't really my cup of tea. However, when I sat down to read this book, I rather liked it.
The descriptions of the Mandan are beautiful. They're intricate, wonderful, sensory details that bring this story to life.
Clayton wasn't the best main character in the wor
James Adair Fisher
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I wholeheartedly echo the praise of the other top reviewers. I was blown away by the depth of research on the Mandan Indians as well as the historical period covered in this book. This is a supremely well-crafted blend of historical fiction, science fiction, and the supernatural. I really loved this book, and highly recommend it as a must read. Thought-provoking, informative, and captivating from beginning to end!
D.E.
I loved this book! I just finished the novel and have to comment on what a GREAT story it was, and how sad I was to finish!

The entire theme and setting totally aligned with the subjects and themes I love and am interested in, and the way the author linked everything together with a really complex storyline, with all the gods and spirits and space travelers, the Mandan and other Native Americans and everyone else was masterful.

The novel also really moved me. It was a perfect mix of adventure an
Mary E. Hastings
I received this book through the First Reads Giveaway Program....

It took me FOREVER to read. Granted, it IS a fairly large book, but I read quite quickly and quite often, so normally, I would have finished a book this size in a week tops. This book took me... over a month to read because I just couldn't get into it. The writing style was beautiful and the author is CLEARLY a VERY talented writer. The storyline was interesting.... to be honest, I'm not sure why I couldn't get more enjoyment out o
Jamy
May 22, 2013 rated it it was ok
I didn't finish this book, the hackneyed writing was too much, the dialogue between characters reads like the authors final intent is a movie contract with Disney.
Andromeda Edison
May 13, 2014
Melissa D
Dec 11, 2012
Max&Coffee
rated it did not like it
Jul 21, 2017
Bette Chestnut
Oct 24, 2012
Helene
Oct 25, 2012
We are the co-writing team, FICTION BY PHOENIX, Lee & Gary Jordan, co-authors of Magical Realism, which takes place in a world that resembles our own, except for the introduction of magical elements, which cannot be explained by the conventions of our reality.

With love for the supernatural, we ask, “What if…?” What if the myth of the Loch Ness Monster is true? What if there was a secret society o