Start by marking “Between Worlds (Trix-ology #1)” as Want to Read:
Between Worlds (Trix-ology #1)

Between Worlds (Trix-ology #1)

It only takes a moment to change one’s life, and for Olive Trix that moment happened when she met Dah-vid.

In the valley, her powers grew, waiting to be unleashed.
In the Brew, magic was happening to all that passed through its doors.
In her arms, she held the Bean.
In the main house, a visitor came a knocking.
In the bottle, a message formed.
In the mountains, a portal opened.
I
Published February 4th 2012 by Amazon.com

To ask other readers questions about Between Worlds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Between Worlds

Diane Daniels
Mar 21, 2014 rated it it was ok
There is not an excessive amount of grammatical mistakes, but there are lots of missing words and extra words. The content needed editing, as there was too much fluff about inconsequential things. The romance seemed forced. Falling in love at first sight with a giant is an original, "impossible" love. And when said "giant" is buried in an avalanche, why didn't her family call the "Conjurs" to look, when they lived a half hour away from where it happened? Instead they walked inside magic tree roo ...more
Lady Entropy
Feb 13, 2018 rated it did not like it
DNF
Samantha
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
This book actually started out really great! The idea is different, the characters were interesting, and the dog stole the show. Then, in the middle, everything fell flat. The story became ridiculous, insta-love (my biggest literary pet peeve) reared its ugly head, and then a Council of Magic was mentioned at the very end when the book made it clear there were few witches/warlocks and they mostly kept to themselves.

It is also in dire need of some editing, but it was free, so I can't really compl
Diana
Jun 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
I feel obligated to say that this will be a slightly biased review, as I admire the author very much, and consider her a wonderful friend.

I find that most people enjoy entertainment when they find similarities, or relatable topics to their individual lives. As an example, lyrics from a song can parallel the exact situation you are in, therefore you will relate and feel more attached to that particular song.

I found that with this book, I could find so many Things to relate to, which made it com
Ariale
Jun 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I began reading Between Worlds, by Yolande Krueger, a few days ago. The story is an easy read. I did find the beginning to be a bit scattered and it didn’t flow to well. Throughout the story there seemed to be places that had a lot of details that seemed to not fit right, or was put in a middle of a thought. For example, at the beginning of chapter 14 when she was describing Olive’s bedroom. It just felt like the description of the room was to detailed and was unnecessary for the story.

With tha
Kel Crist
Mar 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rar-arc, 2014
I was provided a copy of this ebook in exchange for an honest review.

Between Worlds by Yolande Krueger: Good quick read. This young adult fantasy will allow you to escape into a world with magic, mystery, laughter and love. Although there was some parts that did feel a little scattered or out of order, if you just stick with it, it all makes sense in the end.

My favorite character was Soy Bean, the dog. I loved the way Yolande wrote about getting into all the all those magical concoctions and h
Marjie
Feb 07, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good start

As the first book, it was good. Would have been better if "wondering" had been properly spelled wandering. Set up was good but it will take more books before it can be determined if the witches, warlocks, giants and magic are well thought out and presented.
Gina Basham
Jun 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
I wasn't so sure when I started the book but started to get into it pretty early on. I enjoyed the characters and especially the addition of giants. There aren't enough giants in books about witches! Fun YA. I would recommend it for YA and adults who like to read YA.

My only concern going forward - The girl with extra powers she didn't know about saving Earth has been done SO MUCH. Wish this could be going in a different direction. Just the teens navigating in a mundane world dealing with teen st
Amanda Nissen
Nov 16, 2012 rated it liked it
I enjoyed it until the end...which wasn't an ending, but a hook for book two. I actually double checked that there wasn't a problem with my copy it ended so...mid way thru the story!!! I have no problem leading into the next story, but I do feel you should compete the book you are in first!

Otherwise, it has potential and I am sort of looking forward to book two....but if doesn't have a beginning, middle, and an end I might not come back for any other by this author!
Jenne
Mar 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Although this book is not in the genre that I usually read, I would highly recommend it for teens (and adults who enjoy teen fiction). I found the characters quirky but lovable and was especially drawn to the bumbling Wildorf and the darling dog Soy Bean. I am eagerly awaiting a sequel after the cliff hanger of the last few pages and am excited to see what worlds Olive ends up in next.
Nicole Pope
Oct 21, 2012 added it
Shelves: abandoned
I started to read this but it was so disjointed and provincial. The first few pages felt as though I was proof reading my child's contrived, mediocre school assignment. I may try again later but at this point, there are so many other free reading options (many of which that have proven to be wonderful) that there is no point in forcing myself to continue.
Alexandra
Jan 26, 2014 rated it liked it
The plot was very interesting. I liked the world that the author set up. It did seem like it ended abruptly though. The powers and magic that the author presented was cool. Although it seemed like there was a lot of loose ends and bits that were never covered leaving dead ends and disappointment. The writing was... interesting.
Alyssa
Oct 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
I found this book enjoyable and short, I finished in a day. One thing I didn't like is it left me hanging right when I got in to it and there isn't a sequel (hopefully one is to come). Overall I would recommend this book.
Anne
May 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
i won this book on firstreads. It took you into a magical world that was fun and interesting. I'm sure there are more books to come since it seemed to leave you hanging. I hope to learn more about Olive and her Giant, Dah-vid. I would recommend this book to young adults and adults!
Courtney
Apr 30, 2014 rated it liked it
In this world, there is no make-believe. Just because you haven’t seen something doesn’t mean that it doesn’t exist.

Read the rest of my review on my blog!
Tracey
A short fantasy read for older YA that paves the way for a saga to come . This story lacks an ending and was more like a prelude to something larger. It introduced characters, giving them basic outlines without going too deeply into their stories. An interesting tease.
Therese
May 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaway
Looking forward to this SASKATCHEWAN novel!!!!!!

This is a quirky, humorous book that I recommend, looking forward to more from this author!! Thank you to GoodReads First reads for a copy!
Elaine Vaughn
Oct 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

I hope there's more to come!!! I really liked getting to know the characters and what they were about.
Awesome!
Ian
Aug 13, 2014
Amber M
rated it did not like it
Nov 13, 2012
Feb 14, 2019
C.E.
Oct 23, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The Eyes of the Desert Sand (Chrysalis Chronicles #1)
  • Gasparilla's Treasure
  • Voiceless
  • Awake (A Fairytale Trilogy #1)
  • Brimstone (Earth, Air, Fire and Water , #1)
  • Shadow Moon (Unbidden Magic, #4)
  • Dark Revelation
  • The Gaia Wars (Gaia Wars, #1)
  • The Earth Painter (Painter, #1)
  • The Deliverer (The Marenon Chronicles, #1)
  • The Specials
  • Throne
  • Transcendent: Tales of the Paranormal
  • Burden of the Soul
  • The Nexus (The Nexus, #1)
  • Changing My Wardrobe
  • Eirelan (Saga of the Latter-Day Celts #1)
  • Templar's Creed (Daughters of Eve, #2)
I was born and raised in Regina, Saskatchewan but have also lived in Ontario and Alberta. As a child, I wanted nothing more than to escape this world and live in some kind of fantasy. I was captivated by movies like Labyrinth (1986), where Jareth the Goblin King pulls Sarah into his labyrinth, trying to make her forget her past and be trapped forever. I must admit, at the time I thought Jareth, pl ...more