Start by marking “Peacemaker (The Flash Gold Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
Peacemaker (The Flash Gold Chronicles, #3)

Peacemaker

(Flash Gold Chronicles #3)

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  1,141 Ratings  ·  61 Reviews
Half-breed tinkerer Kali McAlister doesn’t care that the gold rush has stormed into Dawson and prospectors are flooding the north—all she wants is to finish construction of her airship, so she can escape the Yukon and see the world.

Unfortunately, the world keeps chucking wrenches into her machinery: a mysterious gambler is pumping her for information on her bounty-hunting
Published March 2nd 2012

To ask other readers questions about Peacemaker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Peacemaker

Marla
Apr 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-library
Really liked this one, much longer which allowed for more suspense and sticky situations for our heroes to get into and out of. Cedar might be a little bit crazy, but in a good, fighting people, sword and guns in hand, kind of way. Kali's a bit one track minded which is fun too. They continue with the fun banter and just a wee bit of 'romance', in a natural, matter of fact way.
Somethings have been hinted about the 'flash gold', like it possibly having a mind of it's own, so I'm interested to see
Daniel
May 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Prica se fino razvija mada iskreno receno ko da je sve nekako usporilo. Dobili smo par novih detalja o glavnim likovima i to je u sustini to.

Plus knjiga pokusava du ubaci mracne teme ali nekako mi ne lici da je uspelo.

U svakom slucaju vredno je citanja ali sam nekako vise ocekivao.
Kelly
I remember after I read the first book in this series - which was the only book out at the time - and how I sat there afterward and made these little whimpering noises and thought "I really really really REALLY hope we get to see more of Kali and Cedar." Then book 2 came along and I might have wept a little in excitement. Not that I'll admit to that, mind you, because I'm not a crier. Not too long ago, I saw that book 3 had been released and I seriously thought about sending vaguely creepy tweet ...more
Marlene
Mar 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This review was originally posted at http://www.readingreality.net/2012/03...

Peacemaker is the third book in Lindsay Buroker's Flash Gold Chronicles. When I finished the last page, I was already pining for book four. I hope I don't have too long to wait for the next episode in these steampunk adventures of a self-taught tinkerer and her bounty hunter business partner.

Cathy  Keaton
Mar 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Plot: (This is #3 in a novella series) A mysterious man is looking for Cedar and a town murderer is on the loose, killing tribal women. Cedar takes it upon himself to hunt the killer down, fearing Kali may be the next victim. Kali just wants to build her own airship so she can leave Dawson, but she never seems to get the time because people are always after her flash gold. She does get to ride on an airship, although she must go to extremes to make a special fire-rifle and rescue another tribal ...more
Camille Picott
Apr 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The Writer' View - a unique approach to book blogging. For more, visit www.camillepicott.com.

***

I love Lindsay Buroker's Flash Gold Chronicles. They are steampunk novellas set in the Yukon. Peace Maker is the third installment. This story is non-stop action/mystery/adventure, with a little romance to boot. If you haven't read any of these stories, I highly recommend them. You can get the first novella in the series for free at Smashwords.

Worldbuilding with language (without making up cheesy name
Denise
May 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, read-2016
All tinkerer Kali McAlister wants is to be left in peace to build her airship, get out of the Yukon and go see the world, but alas, the bandits, gangsters, pirates and assorted other unpleasant characters wanting to steal the secrets of flash gold, the powerful alchemical compound left to her as her father's legacy, just keep on coming. In addition to the latest set of those, there's also a mysterious stranger turning up on her doorstep asking questions about Kali's bountyhunter partner Cedar as ...more
Daniela
May 16, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: steampunk
I really like this series. It feels like a favourite serial radio show where I'm happy to meet the characters like old friends. This kind of episodic storytelling is one of the reasons I love the ebook revolution
Lori Holuta
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Extremely absorbing story... after the first and second books, I took to this one as one takes to a cozy quilt... one that's on fire, scratchy, and about to explode, but nevertheless, cozy! Give it a go.
Jon Thysell
Jan 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Nice ending to the starting trilogy - I definitely liked this one more than the previous one.
Anna Wick
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series is pure joy, fun and quick read. A pallet cleanser
Sonja
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute but gritty story

This is a good series. The stories are short, but full of details. Kali is a great character and I look forward to reading more about her in future releases.
Judith
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
another good , action packed humourous story
Trevor Moore
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good filler

Just waiting for sicario to come in sumfin new. I like the way Lindsay creates the hero/heroine teams. We can’t do anything without the woman!!!!
Kris
As enjoyable as the previous two books with some more relationship and character development thrown in as well. The end is action packed and attention holding all the way to the last pages.
Jemima Pett
May 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adventure, steampunk
The third and final book in the Flash Gold Chronicles (so far, at any rate) sees Kali intent on making an airship so she can escape from Dawson City and the cold of the oncoming winter. The gold rush is in full flow, and the forests around are being denuded - there's not much around to see them through to the spring. Kali is an engineer - but in a steampunk world, engineering is a little different from what you might expect of the historical gold rush era.

Kali takes her bounty hunter beau on a
Hannah
Dec 17, 2014 rated it liked it
I like the Flash Gold series as quick, entertaining and action-filled reads, and Peacemaker hits that spot as usual (though mostly in the second half). As a whole, though, I'm sad to say I didn't enjoy this third installment as much as I did the previous two; while the first two stories moved us past the fun getting-to-know-you phase with Kali and Cedar and even made some leaps with their relationship status, there was a distinct lack of progress here.

The highlight of Peacemaker is finding out m
Scott Kinkade
Aug 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
The story picks up some time after Hunted. 18-year-old Kali McAlister has begun building the airship which she very much hopes will get her and her bounty-hunting partner Cedar out of the Yukon. Cedar has been making himself scarce as of late, so Kali is having to build the thing by herself in a cave, so as you can imagine it's not going as fast as she would like. Complicating matters is a Pinkerton agent looking to bust Cedar for a murder that happened in his past, as well as a series of seemin ...more
Patricia Eddy
Aug 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is the third novella in the Flash Gold Chronicles. I read this in two bus rides, which is just about perfect for a novella. The lead characters are very well written and consistent from book to book, but you can see their relationship evolving. There's a little darkness in this book (or a little more than in the previous novellas), but appropriate for the story.

We get to see a little more about Kali's people and I hope that future novellas in this series will continue that path. Decisions
Shelli Castor
Jun 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book. We learn more about the two main characters, Kali and Cedar, and get to tag along for the ride while they hunt a serial killer who's been attacking Native women around Dawson. Cedar's still on the hunt for Cudgel and all Kali wants to do is finish her airship so she can get out of Dawson. Those goals have to take a backseat for a time, though, as Cedar and Kali hunt for the murderer and simultaneously run from a man from Cedar's past. Kali still holds her own in fights and manage ...more
Lee
Jul 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, steam-punk

Kali and Cedar are tremendous fun. Especially because the scrapes Kali gets into (and gets herself out of) read like a Girl's Own Adventure version of the Perils of Pauline. Or maybe more like "Dudley Do-rig
LadyCroft86
Mar 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: on-my-kindle
I didn't enjoy this Flash Gold story as much as the others. This one incorporated a murder mystery on top of the main story of Kali and Cedar. We do get one step closer to the goals for Cedar and Kali. They are still stuck in the Yukon and not a whole lot has happened in the way of them getting Kali's airship done and Cedar finding Cudgel. We do finally get some answers about Cedar's past and his involvement with Cudgel. Hopefully more happens in the next book. This book was still as exciting as ...more
Amber
Feb 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: steampunk
This is the third entry in the Flash Gold Chronicles and while its longer then the other 2 it still makes for a quick but entertaining read. You finally see Cudgel for the first time and you learn about Cedar's past as well. Kali also comes to realize just how dangerous flash gold can be towards the end of the book.

I didn't however, care for Kali's attitude in this book. She seemed too self centered and single minded. More then usual that is. This is still a good book but maybe not quite as goo
Michelle
Apr 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: steampunk adventure
I really like this quiet gem of a series. The main character, Kali, and her faithful friend (maybe something more?), Cedar, are interesting and believable characters. I liked that we got to see a little bit of Kali's background (where she was raised, a couple of people from her past). I also like that Buroker doesn't drop plotlines--Kali is still moving toward her goal of making an airship and flying out of the Yukon. Does Kali manage to do it in this book? You have to read to find out.

I wish I
Jailyn
Jul 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya, 2012
Longer than the first two novellas, we learn a little more about Cedar's past and why he's hiding from the law. Kali deals with both her obsession with the airship and worry that Cedar is no longer interested. Both characters are well-written and likeable, even if they're not perfect. The remaining cast is more one-dimensional, but that's to be expected from the western-influenced steampunk genre.

Again, the story is fast-paced and full of action. The loose ends are wrapped up except for a few in
Whitebeard Books
May 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Lindsay Buroker surely created the ultimate hat trick here with her 3rd five star rating in a row for this little Flash Gold series. These three titles kept me hooked from beginning to end each time. I'd have to say it was the characters she offered and the constant uncertainty and suspense they managed to struggle through that made this such good reading. Well done Lindsay! I'll certainly look forward to reading more of you offerings.
Cheri
Mar 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
I think it was hard to top the first one in this series, but this book was still excellent. This story tells some of Cedar's story (which kind of ruins it for me, I have to admit...I liked Cedar as a mystery man). I did appreciate that this never becomes a romance, although there is obviously romantic tension between the leads. I signed up for Burorker's newsletter so I would know the second the next one in the series is released!
Francesca
Oct 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Peacemaker is quite a bit longer than the other two books which is so much better. The plot feels a lot more solid although it takes a while to get going. I do dislike Kali a little after her selfish fixation with the airship but it's made up for by the ass-kicking she gives the bad guys and her amazing genius in tight situations. I'm so pleased to discovery there is a fourth book and can't wait to read it.
Kantami Blossom
Feb 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
kali and cedar have arrived in the the town of dawson just as it's being flooded by prospectors.
all kali want's is peace & quiet to work on her airship but fate has other plans.
a mysterious gambler who want's information on cedar and his bounty hunting exploits,
cudgel conrad wants kali for her knowlledge of flash gold,
and a rash of brutal slayings of tribal women that may have kali as the next victim just might have a link to cedar's past.
Melindeeloo
Mar 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: steampunk, loaned
I just love this series, it's like little serial steampunk novellas about the adventures of Kalie, a tinkerer extraodinaire, and Cedar, a bounty hunter, set in the old Yukon during goldrush days. This was another action packed story, but I really would have like just a tad more of Kalie and Cedar together - maybe next time, since Buroker definitely left it open for further adventures and a bad guy still in need of being dealt with.
  • Magnificent Devices (Magnificent Devices, #3)
  • Lies, Damned Lies, and History (The Chronicles of St Mary's, #7)
  • Maneater
  • Here There Be Monsters (Iron Seas, #0.5)
  • The Alchemist's Flame (The Final Formula Series, #3)
  • Evil Red (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter, #2.6)
  • The Clockwork Wolf (Disenchanted & Co., #2)
  • The Beholder (The Beholder #1)
  • The Chronological Man: The Martian Emperor
  • Mastered (The MASTERED Saga)
  • Miss Bramble and the Leviathan
  • The Superiors (The Superiors, #1)
  • The Hunter (The Legend Chronicles, #1)
I'm a professional blogger by day and an indie fantasy author by night. Evenings belong to the dogs, tennis, and books.

Flash Gold Chronicles (5 books)
  • Flash Gold (Flash Gold Chronicles #1)
  • Hunted (Flash Gold Chronicles #2)
  • Claimed (The Flash Gold Chronicles #4)
  • Liberty (Flash Gold, #5)
“What is it, you ask?" Kali said, trying to cover her surprise with nonchalant words. "I haven't thought of a name yet. Got any ideas?"
"Shit," the pirate said, said of. The gag made elocution difficult.
"That wouldn't impress anyone at the patent office.”
2 likes