Start by marking “Acceptable Risks” as Want to Read:
Acceptable Risks

Acceptable Risks

**Winner of the 2013 EPIC eBook Award for Romantic Suspense**

ebook
Published April 16th 2012 by Carina Press (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Acceptable Risks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Acceptable Risks

Start your review of Acceptable Risks
Elizabeth (Liz)
**This book provided courtesy of NetGalley & Carina Press

The Story:

When security expert Jason Templeton's team is ambushed while protecting a weapons manufacturer vital to U.S. interests, he risks his life to save the man's daughter...and loses. Unbeknownst to Jason, his mentor had been funding experimental medical procedures after losing his young wife. Using the untested drugs, Jason is brought back to life, stronger and faster than before, but also vulnerable in new ways. He's determined
Dee
4/5 stars

The synopsis does a good job in giving details about this book which means there is no point in adding the plot line.I haven't read anything by Ms Damschroder before so didn't know what to expect but did find this to be a good read.

To begin with this felt a little too slow for me but I could see potential in it and was definitely interested in what experiments were used to save Jason's life and what exactly was meant by he was different, stronger and faster than before and of course
Vicky
Apr 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a fantastic book! There's action, adventure, a touch of the paranormal, romance, intrigue, suspense, murder, mayhem, and more.

Lark's father, Matt, and his best friend Jason run a private security company, Hummingbird. They are both working a security detail when it goes very wrong. (view spoiler)
Christi Snow
Mar 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
My Review:
What a fantastic book! Jason and Matt, Lark's father, have been best friends for the past ten years. Jason is Matt's right hand man in his private security company, Hummingbird, and they are both working security when an operation goes very wrong. Matt watches as his best friend falls several stories down a staircase with no possibility for survival. What nobody realizes is that Hummingbird has been creating some medical technology that is untested, but very promising. Matt makes the
Calisto
Apr 17, 2012 rated it liked it
We can rebuild him. Faster. Stronger...and not quite six million, though in today's dollar's it would be probably a cool billion.

Security expert, Jason, gives up his life in while protecting a client. This gives his boss (and best friend) an opportunity to try out some experimental drugs and revive Jason. (Don't worry no zombies or zombiesque or any type of undead appear in this story.)

Jason's first, post-death job is to protect his boss' daughter who just happens to be a brilliant scientist who
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
Mar 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars...

Jason almost dies and is brought back using a non-FDA-approved drug. He is hidden away for six monthes and brought back when his best friend and owner of the security company asks him for help watching out for his daughter, Lark. Jason and Lark have an attraction, but he is 10 years older than her & her father's best friend. The plot thickens...LOL!... Larks father is kidnapped & they need to work together to find him.

This was a great adventure! Secret experiments, betrayal,
Debbie Heaton
Jun 19, 2014 rated it liked it
In Damschroder’s mystery novel, security expert, Jason Templeton’s team is ambushed during a mission and he doesn’t survive. Unbeknownst to him, his mentor has been funding an experimental drug and with it, Jason is brought back to life a lot stronger and faster than before. To protect the miracle drug, Jason must protect scientist Lark Madrassa and fight the growing attraction between them as well. To survive, Jason must fearlessly face what he fear’s most: losing someone he loves.

A fast-paced
Jess the Romanceaholic
While I enjoyed the secondary romance (and am vaguely disgruntled that there wasn't more *ahem* detail to that romance), I have to say the switching of POV's was a wee bit distracting at times.

Add to that a few little TSTL moments from various characters, and I couldn't quite give this one a perfect rating.

That said, the action was incredible, the medical science was fun, and the forbidden romance was delicious.

A solid 4/5 Stars, full review to follow.
Angela
Jul 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is the my first for reading Natalie J. Damschroder and it wont be the last, this book is amazing it holds everything, action, drama and romance i totally loved meeting Jason and lark, i couldn't put it down without a doubt its up there on my top 5 books ive read so far this year! (and i read a lot!) If you havent read Natalie J. Damschroder you wont be disappointed! its a must read!
Nicole Luiken
Strong beginning and a cool premise. The hero, Jason, comes back from a near fatal injury with lots of muscles and extra-sensitive skin, side effects from the untested drug therapy. Nice action sequences, but I had trouble buying into the plot.
Janis
Jun 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Good book, pace didn't lag but of course, you knew it would all be a happy ending. It has the potential to be a very good series - both of past Hummingbird adventures and future ones to. Good characters, decent premise all in all a nice summer read.
Susan Hayes
Apr 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
I haven't read anything by Natalie Damschroder before but was surprised and impressed. It really move quickly for me. Maybe the characters weren't quite as believable as real people but for escapist fiction, it couldn't be beat.
Gjbates
Jaclyn
Dec 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Fun, action-packed romantic suspense. I especially liked the secondary romance between Gabby and Matthew.
Tammy Pickens
Jan 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I will be checking out her other books. Great characters, really good story and the women in this book are strong and smart.
Polly
Jun 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. Not only the main characters, Jason and Lark were well rounded and strong, but the side characters were great also. Add in a good suspense and it's a keeper!
Samantha
Apr 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
The book really kept my attention. The story was fast paced and sucked me in from the beginning. I really liked the secondary romance as well.
Rhys Astason
Apr 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Entertaining read with a hot hero, likeable heroine and plot. Yay!
Lady Heather
Apr 12, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: urban fantasy, sci-fi, romance
This book was provided by Netgally & Carina Press
Glenda Bettin
Jun 09, 2012
Fault In Our Stars
Apr 14, 2012
Natalie J. Damschroder is an award-winning author of contemporary and paranormal romance, with an emphasis on romantic adventure. She has had 22 novels, 7 novellas, and 16 short stories published by several publishers, most recently with Soul Mate Publishing, Entangled Publishing, and Carina Press.

Natalie grew up in Massachusetts, and loves the New England Patriots more than anything. (Except her