Start by marking “Ambushed (Decorah Security, #4)” as Want to Read:
Ambushed (Decorah Security, #4)

Ambushed

(Decorah Security #4)

She's a target. He's her shield.

Sworn to protect federal witness Elizabeth Bannerman, Decorah Security Agent Jordan Stone fights the emotions building between them. When they’re ambushed by terrorists, Jordan realizes he actually does have something left to lose–-Elizabeth.
ebook
Published January 13th 2012 by Light Street Press (first published December 12th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Ambushed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ambushed

Start your review of Ambushed (Decorah Security, #4)
Dianne
Feb 18, 2013 rated it liked it
Ambushed was good! I wanted more character development, more pages! Nice and quick for those times when you NEED to read, but don't have a lot of time!
*Flora*
A Short Taste Of Action And Romance.

I have read the previous books in this series and enjoyed them, I did enjoy this story but wanted it to be longer. I felt as though I had come in to a film at the final 20minutes; it was good, had a great pace and the writing style was easy to read but it was over before it even started! Lol!
Nicole
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
Nice, but very short and fast paced.
Radd Reader
Oct 05, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: not-impressed
24 pages, so obviously there is no character development. One situation and then bam, they’re in bed and then they live HEA.
Michala Tyann
Oct 12, 2013 rated it it was ok
If the author has taken the time to slow down the scenes and develop the characters better I believe it would have been deserving of at least three stars. Unfortunately the entire, and very brief piece here is way too fast paced, choppy, and the ending didn't work well for me at all. My suggestion, go back in and rewrite each paragraph or two and make it more fulfilling. Then send it my way because it's decent writing and the author certainly has a creative mind.
Kaffi
Jun 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
~!~ Extremely short, but extremely good ~!~

~!~ Extremely short, but extremely good ~!~

This book is extremely: 1) short, 2) well written, 3) engaging. It really grabbed my attention right away. Be warned however, it's a teaser to get you interested in the series. Also, it doesn't end on a cliffhanger so much as an "okay for now ending", but you will really want to know what happens next.
Mimi Barbour
Apr 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
As a lead agent for Decorah Security, it was Jordan Stone's responsibility to protect Elizabeth Bannerman not crave her body or her affections. He needed to keep her alive to testify against a terrorist. In this short story, the conflict took off and they had to fight for their lives. Loved the continuous action and the building tension by a master storyteller.
Author Ebony Nicole Smith
This was a very short fast-paced read. The part I enjoyed the most was the chase and run from the terrorist. The sex scene was so-so. I would like to have gotten to know more about the characters. All and all, it was okay for me.
Silver James
Nov 11, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012-books-read
Ambushed is a quick read in Rebecca York's Decorah Securty Agency series. I would have enjoyed learning a bit more about the H/H, but the action was intense and drove the story.
Engranon
Feb 21, 2013 rated it it was ok
This was a very quick read - so quick that I'm not entirely sure I would even call it a novella. I suppose one chapter is a novella, but his was an awfully quick chapter. Plot (what can be put into one chapter) was good.
Sue
Series

Ms. York writes an exceptionally good series about a Security company that hires people with special insights or abilities. This book four and I would recommend starting with book one so you have background.
Kim Jackson
Oct 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Wow. I sure hope there is a full length novel that precedes this novella.
Jen_C
Jun 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Short action-packed story.
Jessica Settle
Jul 14, 2014 rated it it was ok
It was so short. It had so much potential but it was like one paragraph.
Wendy coling ( trowbridge)
Enjoyed this book. Lots of action and tension with romance. Jordan realises that Elizabeth's special to him.
Jun 10, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2013
Very quick read. Wish it was a little longer, I felt there really wasn't enough time to connect with the characters.
Lori
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was ok
2.5
Alisa
May 13, 2014 rated it it was ok
This was very short. Story had potential but was a little novella. I don't think I've read anything else in this series. I may have to go give one a try. :)
Glenda Bettin
Mar 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Short and sweet
Kathy
May 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Fast-paced action as danger surrounds our hero Jordan and heroine Elizabeth. She's the target. He's her protector. Enjoyed this short story immensely!!
C.J.
Aug 09, 2013 rated it it was ok
Ok story with lots of action just not enough length for any real character development or depth.
Carolyn Jenkins
Jun 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lots of Action

This story can be classified as realistic fiction. It is a fast read because of all the action. The characters are well developed for a short story.
Maggie
Feb 22, 2015
Tracy
Dec 29, 2012
Tiia
rated it did not like it
May 09, 2013
Paige
Jun 22, 2013
Sarina
Jan 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Central Bark at Christmas
  • The Christmas Dog
  • A Grave Calling (Bodies of Evidence, #1)
  • Caballo Security: Complete 6-Part Series
  • Rook Security: Complete 5-Part Series
  • Violet Dawn (Kanner Lake Series #1)
  • Escaping Vegas (The Inheritance, #1)
  • Lottery in Paradise (Paradise #11)
  • Puppy Love (Forever Home, #1)
  • Who Killed My Boss? (Sam Darling, #1)
  • Forever Hidden (Forever Bluegrass, #2)
  • Twisted Twenty-Six (Stephanie Plum, #26)
  • Running from the Past
  • Die Me a River (Welcome Back to Scumble River #2)
  • The Cave (Berry Springs #7)
  • Forever Betrayed (Forever Bluegrass, #3)
  • Forever Secret (Forever Bluegrass, #5)
  • Forever Driven (Forever Bluegrass #4)
Ruth Glick (born 1942) is a best-selling author of healthy cookbooks and has also written dozens of romantic suspense romance novels under the pen name Rebecca York.

Ruth earned a B.A. in American Thought and Civilization from George Washington University and an M.A. in American Studies from the University of Maryland. Although she always wanted to become a writer, Glick was convinced that her lack

Decorah Security (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • On Edge (Decorah Security, #1)
  • Dark Moon (Moon, #10; Decorah Security, #2)
  • Chained (Decorah Security, #3)
  • Dark Powers (Decorah Security, #5)
  • Hot and Dangerous (Decorah Security #6)
  • At Risk (Decorah Security, #7)
  • Christmas Captive (Decorah Security, #8)
  • Destination Wedding (Decorah Security, #9)
  • Rx Missing (Decorah Security, #10)
  • Hunting Moon (Decorah Security, #11)