Start by marking “Edge of Passion (Stealth Guardians, #1)” as Want to Read:
Edge of Passion (Stealth Guardians, #1)

Edge of Passion

(Stealth Guardians #1)

Able to render themselves invisible, immortal Stealth Guardians like Aiden have been protecting humans from the dark power of the Demons of Fear for centuries. But the demons might soon have a powerful tool in their hands to seduce humans to the dark side. The person to provide them with this elixir is the human scientist Leila. Unbeknownst to her, the drug she's developin ...more
Kindle Edition, First
Published March 7th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Edge of Passion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Edge of Passion

Sharon Hamilton
Nov 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lover Uncloaked was a wonderful surprise. Having read most of Folsom's vampire books (Scanguards vampires), I didn't know what to expect from this new series. After all, there weren't any vampires in it. But the hot immortals and the powerful villain give any vampire a run for his money. Despite an action-packed plot, the romance doesn't fall short: the encounters between Aiden and Leila are sizzling whether it be a simple kiss or full blown lovemaking. And one thing about that: "the Stealth Gua ...more
Dee
4 Stars

The story is about Aiden, a Cloak Warrior & Leila, a talented scientist who is on a major breakthrough of developing a drug that will cure Alzheimer’s. The Cloak Warriors are an ancient race who for centuries has protected mankind from the Fear Demons. Unbeknown to Leila the drug she is developing weakens the human mind and makes them more susceptible to being taken over and controlled by Demons. Aiden has been assigned to protect Leila and use any means to ensure that the Demons do n
Brandy
Awesome new series & so different than anything I've read in a while. We are introduced to a brand new breed of warriors with this series. Tina really outdid herself this time. Can't wait for the next one!
Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews:::
Cloak Warriors, like Aiden, have been protecting human kind for centuries from the evil Demons of Fear. He's been given the task of keeping an eye on a human female, Leila whose created a drug that's supposed to cure the early stages of Alzheimer, but unfortunately it makes humans susceptible to control by the Demons of Fear. The Cloak Warrior Council is divided. Some believe Leila should be protected and others believe the only way to eliminate the threat is to eliminate its inventor. While the ...more
Stacie
Jan 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
**Reread Review August 7, 2016**

About the same feelings as the original review. I re-read this one in preparation for book 2 which is being released next week. Four YEARS after book 1... It had been three years since I'd read this book, so I needed a refresher. Plus! Good news, book 2 is Hamish's story!! I'm glad I did a reread. I didn't remember anything. Happy reading!

**Origional Review February 1, 2013**

I give this one almost 4 stars (I decided to round up).

Good start to a new series. Aiden a
Cynthia
May 10, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Cynthia by: Laurie Garrison
I’m on the fence with this one. It’s one of those stores that were lukewarm. None of the characters ever ignited the pages for me, even though they were likeable enough. However, the heroine got on my last never and just about made the TSTL List even though she was a brilliant scientist!

Honestly, I wasn’t quite sure what this Cloak Warrior and Demon of Fear world/feud consisted of until halfway through the book and everything finally clicked into place. It grew to be quite aggravating.

I’m not gi
Katrina
This was an OK read, which , for me, lost major points for heroine. I found Leila not a very appealing character, without zest, warmth or any kind of charm. Also, for someone who is suppose to be highly intelligent, neither her dialog or actions supported that.
Tamoria
Loved the way the book unfolded and the characters were entangled in their own self doubt only to find they were both feeling the same way. Tina has a way of making this the core other books and it always has a different feel based on the characters backgrounds.
Karen111
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
Ok I gave this a fair crack, but it just wasn't for me. This is a kind of spin off of The Scanguards series (book 3 in The Stealth Guardians series is about Wes the witch). I loved the Scanguards series, but this was underwhelming.

Nothing stood out about the main character, Aiden. He was just meh. Much was made of the cloak spell that made the Stealth Guardians invisible. I just didn't care once it was explained for the 50th time.

I'm sure others will love it, but not me.
Ollie
Mar 17, 2012 rated it liked it
Cloak Warrior is the first book in a new series by Tina Folsom who is famous for her Scanguard Vampire and Venice Vampyr series. I'm a big fan of Tina's and was really looking forward to reading this one.

The story focuses on Aiden a cloak warrior set to protect humans from the forces of evil and Leila, a brilliant researcher on the verge of discovering a drug that may cure Alzheimer's Disease. Unfortunately the drug may inadvertently allow humans to open channels in their mind to be more suscept
Katie_la_geek
Jun 19, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ebook-arc, adult
Really 2.5

*I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for a review*

Edge of passion is one of those books that I enjoyed reading but will probably not think about again now that I’m finished. It had all the elements you expect from PNR. It focuses on a man who has to protect a woman; we have seen stuff like this before so there are no real surprises.

The storyline is good, it moved along at a nice pace and there was plenty of action to keep me entertained. The issue I had with the book was
Kerry
Oct 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was absolutely fab I loved it from start to finish a fab romance story with a hot sexy warrior sent to protect a human scientist from the demon's but she stir's desire and passion in him like no one has before, Leila has devoted her life to her work to cure Alzheimer's Disease and gain her parent's and their memories back but when the world goes wrong around her and more then one person tries to get her research she must trust the sexy Aiden and will she be able to destroy her research and ...more
Sara
Mar 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Here is my take on this book....I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!! I can't explain how great the writing in this story is. The way Ms. Folsom describes everything just seems so real. The fights, the feelings and the passion. You know how sometimes you read books and the writing just makes you go "Is that even possible?" or "wait, what? I don't get it". You definitely do not get that with this book. When reading the steamy scenes, she makes it so your not embarrassed about what your reading, no crude descri ...more
GONZA
Apr 05, 2012 rated it it was ok
Niente di particolarmente nuovo anche stavolta, se non l'autrice che non avevo mai letto nonostante ora sia incuriosita dalla sua serie Scnanguard Vampires.
Abbiamo un coumpoud dovev vivono a gruppi i "guerrieri ammantati", gruppo di superuomini che vengono dalle isole scozzesi che proteggono l'umanità dai demoni (che fantasia!!!)
Aidan tollera a mala pena gli umani e quando deve difendere la scienziata che, mentre cercava una cura per l'alzheimer, aveva sintetizzato un siero che permetteva agli u
W Dawn
Mar 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I found the first chapter a bit a slow start but once I reached the second chapter the storyline started to get a little interesting and but the forth chapter I couldn't put in down. I purchased this while I was at work in the morning and I continued reading it throughout my work day. I really enjoyed this book. A very fine read.
Laura DeSimone
Jun 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in a new series. Cloaked warriors protecting humans (charges) as they are known, from the Demons trying to take them over. This is a great start and can not wait for the next book in the instalment.
Marianna
May 17, 2012 rated it did not like it
I normally love this author's books but for whatever reason I could not get into this one....I gave up around 10%.
Theresa
Wasn’t intending to read this series but when it became a crossover with the Scanguards series I was reading I decided to go back and add it on. The premise is an immortal race who have been guarding humans against demons for centuries.

Aiden is an experienced Guardian who has been assigned to guard a human female named Leila who is close to creating a cure for Alzheimer’s which would normally be a good thing, but the Stealth Guardians fear it would be used to eliminate human’s natural resistance
Lauren
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked it, although I would like to know a bit more about how her life eventually turns out. Maybe that will be included in the next book. I also felt that at times their relationship could have been a bit more loving, I would have liked to see a bit more wooing. I really appreciated seeing such a strong female character in the book, and I feel like to stay true to character that needs to be represented in her future plans.
Sue Shepherd
Dec 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my first Tina Folsom book. The imaginary world created is interesting and believable in context. Liked the characters and the story line as it introduces the world and everyone's place in it with modern day issues being addressed. Doesn't hurt that there are hot immortals out there defending all us humans from the dark side!
L M
Jun 16, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable enough read and the action was good. I just found it a bit drawn out and didn’t feel any connection between Laila and Aiden. Hot sex does not make a relationship.
The fact Laila was keeping secrets right to the end which caused others harm also annoyed me.
Will probably read the next book as I liked the other characters but no rush.
Magdalena
For some reason, I just couldn’t stick with this book. It couldn’t hold my attention. The writing wasn’t as good as in some other novels of this genre. I decided to call it quits about halfway through.
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
I love every book that Tina Folsom has wrote. This sega is just the beginning of something wonderful that is starting! I am excited to see where Tina takes this team of supernatural beings!
Nikki
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fav-heros, favorites
loved it
Lakesha Marshall caraway
Awesome

I have fallen in love with this series!! I love the action, romance, camaraderie and loyalty of the Guardians. I look forward to reading more about them.
Shealtiel
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

This book has a different tone than those I've read before by Tina (Scangaurds). I loved it! I bought the series.
Deanna from Deanna's World
* I listened to this as an audiobook.

I think there is something about audiobooks that makes me a combination of a captive audience so I finish the dang thing and making the characters particularly annoying and all their bad character traits are more visibly highlighted. I listened to this book over many mornings and afternoons while driving to various destinations where I didn't need the GPS and it was great to have an audiobook to pass the time on an otherwise boring drive. That said, the book
Megan
May 05, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**Received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads.**

Aiden is one of the cloak warriors that has been assigned to protect Dr. Leila Cruickshank, the next target for the demons. The demons want to take her to their side do to an Alzheimer's drug she was crating and that is now in the final stage process. Unbeknownst to Leila, the drug opens humans mind giving demons an advantage to gain easy access to bring them over to their side. After the council of the cloak warriors decides that h
Amanda
Rating 2.5

I could not finish this book. I really really wanted to like it but I just couldn’t get into it. I got maybe 60% of the way through and I just gave up. I hate giving up on a book, but there are so many great books out right now that I couldn’t justify the time I was spending on this book when I wasn't truly invested.

Our heroine grated on my nerves almost immediately. She had all the characteristics of a heroine that I usually would love. She was smart, strong willed and didn’t back do
Goodreads Librari...: Help please: replace book cover for my book 7 167 Mar 11, 2012 03:21PM

• The Vampire Pendant  (Blood Genies, #1)
  • Harley (Awakening #1)
  • Night Thief (Night, #0.5)
  • Starblood
  • Hellhound: Prince of Fire (Hellhound, #3)
  • Letting Go  (Letting Go, #1)
  • In Embers (Ember, #3)
  • White Walls and Straitjackets
  • Blood Vengeance (Blood Curse, #7)
  • Hot Redemption
  • The Naughty Box
  • Trinity (Brethren, #1)
  • Storm Kissed (Nightkeepers, #6)
  • A Deadly Obsession (Seasons of Love, #2)
  • Let Me In
  • Race the Darkness (Fatal Dreams, #1)
  • Eternal Hearts (A Darkness Within, #2)
  • Lady Star (Sir Edward Series, #2)
Tina Folsom is a New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author. She's always been self-published and has found tremendous success with her paranormal series, Scanguards Vampires, Venice Vampyr, and Out of Olympus, selling more than 2 million copies of her 50 titles (which includes titles in German, French, and Spanish) in almost 4 years.

Tina writes about hot alpha heroes, bad boys, and kick-ass

Stealth Guardians (6 books)
  • Master Unchained (Stealth Guardians, #2)
  • Warrior Unraveled (Stealth Guardians #3)
  • Guardian Undone (Stealth Guardians, #4)
  • Immortal Unveiled (Stealth Guardians #5)
  • Protector Unmatched (Stealth Guardians #6)