Start by marking “Bullshit Rodeo” as Want to Read:
Bullshit Rodeo

Bullshit Rodeo

Published January 2014 by Epic Rites Press

To ask other readers questions about Bullshit Rodeo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bullshit Rodeo

Start your review of Bullshit Rodeo
Ally
Mar 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Bullshit Rodeo. Man, what a ride. Nothing like a book about someone who regrets all their life choices to really make you stop and think about your own. Ms. Rainwater-Lites writes a gripping stream of consciousness tale of a desperate woman trapped in a meaningless marriage and struggling with the demands of parenthood. Trapped in Texas, Misti grapples with her burning desire to uproot her life and really truly live as a woman and as an artist. Mixed with heartbreaking stories about her past and ...more
Bud Smith
Dec 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A real excellent book. Lots of magic here. Lots of darkness and nostalgia and blinding lights shining unexpectedly when least expected. Bullshit Rodeo was raw and thrilling in the best way. i don't think I've ever read a book that encapsulated 'longing' into such a potent form.

Bonus: this book turned me on to many other books and records that are referenced in the text. Love when that happens.
Devin McGuire
Mar 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Let’s get this out of the way first. Bullshit Rodeo is not a book for the feint of heart. You’d better strap in and don your crash helmets for this one…

It begins with ebullience. And if you miss that part of this book you’ve missed the whole point. All children have it, that joie de vivre that makes life so worth living, that boundless joyous free state of being that most of us end up losing at some point in life. Ah but how to hold onto that? It’s always a tragedy when that spirit is straightja
John Grochalski
Mar 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It is a rare thing these days to come across an original voice in fiction. Most have been watered down by MFA program or in chasing the ghost of an idol through pale imitation. But Misti Rainwater-Lites has given me hope with Bullshit Rodeo. The novel is 100% original. It is also a stream of conscious, courageous, bold, brash, outrageously funny, sexy, scandalous, heartbreaking work of immense talent. I found myself identifying with the main character throughout, and just being blown away by the ...more
Matthew J. Hall
May 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was astonished by how Rainwater Lites' writing could provoke such contradictory emotions as I read; laughing out loud at the top of a page, gritting my teeth with anger at its midsection and cringing from the infectious self-loathing at its bottom. This is the book you will want to throw across the room only to find yourself picking it back up again a few minutes later and starting where you left off.

Bullshit Rodeo is a carefully crafted, poetic, intelligent, insightful piece of unmissable con
Moctezuma Johnson
This is the best book I've read this year. I'm a huge fan. I get hard when I read Misti's work. Always. But this book is different than Misti's books of poems. It is deeper up in the cerebellum. It's so honest and brutal and funny and sad and heartfelt and embarrassing and necessary. This is hot you write, America! I ate my heart out while reading this. I took all my work and set fire to it. Why bother? This is the real thing. Nothing Bullshit about this Rodeo. She's got the lasso. She's got the ...more
Ralph-Michael Chiaia
Reading this book is an out-of-body experience. Misti Velvet is pining for Dan Zero and the quality of this is so hyper-sensitive that it becomes sublime. It pulls you in. You can't stop it. It can't be stopped.

The whole book is built off of longing for a man she cannot have, for escape from Texas, for escape from motherhood. That's the plot, and who cares? This book is not about plot. It's about sensation.

I'm a father and a writer and I could relate to every single word of this story. The voi
Puma Perl
Jan 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Upcoming review in Clockwise Cat. Misti is my spiritual daughter. She turns obsession into high art.
Ham Lexington
Sep 06, 2017
Teri Kelly
Apr 04, 2012
Joseph O'Brien
Jan 31, 2016
Misti Rainwater-Lites
Mar 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jon
Dave Newman
Nov 08, 2015
Bradford
Jan 04, 2016
Misti Rainwater-Lites writes books and deals in impossibilities. Her novel Bullshit Rodeo is available at amazon and from Tree Killer Ink. Misti shakes that metaphorical ass at Chupacabra Disco on a spastic basis.