Start by marking “Eeek! The runaway alien” as Want to Read:
Eeek! The runaway alien

Eeek! The runaway alien

"Laugh out loud funny!" A match made in heaven for soccer fans aged 7-10.

Eleven-year-old Charlie Spruit can't believe his luck when he opens his door to an alien one morning. Who is he? Why has he come? Charlie soon discovers that this alien has run away from space to Earth to be with him because he's soccer mad and the World Cup is on...!

'Eeek, ' as Charlie decides to cal
Published March 6th 2012 by Well Said Press (first published February 23rd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Eeek! The runaway alien, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eeek! The runaway alien

Start your review of Eeek! The runaway alien
Vicky
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am ten years old and i got asked to review this amazing book for TBC.
The story is about an alien called Eeek and a boy called Charlie and they both love football.
The story follows the adventures they have. There are a few great surprises and twists to this fun and fast paced story. I laughed through much of it, but part of the story I felt sorry for Eeek (Awwwww) and then was really surprised by the ending. I’d recommend any football or alien loving readers to read this story.
Katie Sharp
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
My son has dyslexia and normally he is quite reluctant to read, but once I mentioned that I needed his help to review this book he was on board!
When he saw the front cover I could tell he was intrigued to find out more about Eeek!
After the first chapter he exclaimed 'I already know what I'm giving this book, a 9 outta 10!'
As the book progressed there were lots of words he wasn't sure the meaning of but that's what reading is all about isn't it, finding out! He did say he loved the story and fou
Sue Wallace
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Eeek the runaway alien by Karen Inglis.
A boy, an alien and football - what could go wrong.
A lovely little read my 2 daughters loved it. 5*. Tbc on fb.
Claire Sinclair
Sep 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
I read this book with my 7 year old son. We both really enjoyed it. My son thought it was funny and he liked how Eek was not what you thought!! My son actually had a 'what ... gasp' moment. He wants to read more books about Eek. He said if there were half stars he would give 4.5.
Heather Fitt
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This a review by Abigail, aged 9, who read the book.

"I really enjoyed this book, because it made me see pictures in my head. My favourite character was Eeek, because he seemed really funny and friendly. My favourite bit of the book was the dilemma and surprise at the end of the book, but I won't say any more because I don't want to spoil it. It really made it more interesting for me to read though. I would definitely recommend it to all my of my friends to read."
Kelly
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My daughter read this book for the TBC reviewer group and loved it from the 1st page, the story was based about an Alien who had runaway as he wanted to come to earth. She found this story funny throughout which she found added to its charm, she liked the characters and like the suspense throughout the book. My daughter is 10 and a keen reader she read this quickly as she is at the higher end of the target audience but said she thinks that younger children would love it as it has great character ...more
Lisa Smith
May 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Eeek! The runaway alien by Karen Inglis is the perfect book for 6 - 10 year old boys or girls who love football and aliens. This perfectly illustrated book grasps the attention of young readers with bright colours and interesting drawings. Inglis tells the story excellently about a young boy Charlie who wakes up one morning to answer the door to an alien. Charlie later finds out that Eeek! has run away from Space to Earth to be with him because he is soccer mad and the world cup is on. Eeek! sta ...more
Laura O Driscoll
May 03, 2012 rated it liked it
‘Eeek! The Runaway Alien’, written by Karen Inglis, is the perfect book for any boy who likes aliens and football. A fun and fast-paced story suitable for 8-10 year olds, this story follows eleven year old Charlie Spruit’s adventure when he answers his front door to find an alien named ‘Eek!’ standing there! Charlie soon discovers that this alien has run away from space to Earth to be with him because he is soccer mad and the World Cup is on! Eek may be fluorescent green with smoke coming out of ...more
Bridget
Mar 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is such a fun read. Imagine a boring Saturday morning, when the most exciting thing to happen in your 11-year-old life is your dad clearing out the garden shed. Then all of a sudden a runaway, football-loving alien rocks up at your front door and wants to hide out in your bedroom.
Well that's what happens to lucky old Charlie Spruit, who rises to the challenge of entertaining his unusual guest while trying to protect him from the weird sci-fi nut of a neighbour who can't wait to get his han
Murkky
Mar 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I love this book! Imagine being an 11-yr. old boy (Charlie) who encounters an alien knocking on his door. The alien (Eeek) decides to move in with Charlie. They develop a friendship and find out that they have many common interests including football (US Soccer). They engage in adventures...Find out how Charlie and Eeek spend their days and nights on earth.  I love how the author, from London UK, uses words like mum and football (U.S. soccer).

The images and story were fantastic...I loved this bo
Newbee (JoAnn) Brown
Mar 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
It's been a long time since I've read any thing but the traditional childerns book... I want this book so I could broaden my great grand childs horizon on books. I believe books are a very important part of life. So to give an honest reveiw I asked them how they liked it... Here's their responce::

Uh ha.... Can you read it again grammy!

I'd already read it 4 time since we got it... So there you are.... An honest review!

Thank you again for the opportunity!
Andrea
Mar 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Having previously, enjoyed ‘The Secret Lake’ I was really looking forward to reading this new book, and I was not disappointed! This is such a fun read which had me laughing out loud in places!
I think this is a great book. With it’s alien and football themes I think it will capture the imagination of lots of children, and will be enjoyed by both boys and girls. I thoroughly recommend it!
Cyndi Stauff
Mar 13, 2012 marked it as to-read
Looking forward to reading this to my son and grandson (both love soccer and aliens)!
Cathy
Jan 28, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
Story for middle-schoolers about a boy who opens his front door to find an alien. The alien is here to attend a World Cup game with the boy who is an avid fan.
Nice story for the kiddies.
The Glass House Online Magazine
Eeek! The Runaway Alien.

This book is aimed at children between the ages of 7 and 10, and for that reason I am going to pass the baton to my daughter “Tabitha” who is 8 years old to review the book in her own words:

When my mum first gave me this book, I was looking forward to reading about an alien invasion. But actaully, it’s not about an invasion at all. It’s about a runaway alien who comes to earth to learn about humans.

Charlie is 11 years old and football mad, and it seems so is the alien
Jennifer Gilmour
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
My daughter who is 7 read this to me and I was excited to have been offered to review this book. My daughter loves to read an was even more excited about helping write a review.

Here is what she said;
“I liked the book because it was exciting. I especially liked the part were Eek the alien wore the boys football shoes. It was very easy to read and that made the story easy to follow. I liked the pictures but I would have liked them in colour.”

Thank you for a book that was appropriate for my daugh
Awesome Indies Book Awards
Awesome Indies Book Awards is pleased to include EEEK! THE RUNAWAY ALIEN by KAREN INGLIS in the library of Awesome Indies' Badge of Approval recipients at http://j.mp/AwesIndBk324
Stephanie
Oct 08, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-it
I read the first 4 chapters (I got a free Sample of the book) It was cute so far...
Jo Craig
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a review by Chloe, age 9

I loved Eeek. It was funny unexpecting and an awesome book. My favourite part was......
I can't tell as it will spoil it!
Read it!
Dr. Dhoot
Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Easy to read

Good rainy day story for children, especially during this time. Would love to know what the alien's next adventure will be!
Gabriella
May 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, childrens
A fun little book that is great for a footie fan. Mix aliens with football and see the results.
Debbie Young
Jan 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was recommended to me as ideal for engaging reluctant readers. As I work for a charity that encourages children to read for pleasure, I was interested to test it out.

I may not be the target audience (the grown-up mother of a girl, and neither of us like football) but this book charmed me from the first page.

It is written from the point of view of a sporty boy in the early stages of secondary school who finds a football-mad alien in his bedroom. As the boy tries to pass off the smoke-bl
Ilana
Jan 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
It is not necessarily my style of children book, but it is well written and with a lot of action that keeps the tension high and the reader curious for the next development. The illustrations are well done and adequate for the artistic sensibilities of a 7-8 year old. The runaway alien, which at the end of the story reveals to be a 'she', left the family to discover the human world, fascinated by the English soccer. 'Eeek', named by the children he visited because of the sound uttered when asked ...more
Nikki Young
Oct 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Read this with my seven year old daughter and she loved it. She would have no problem reading this on her own, but we enjoyed reading it together. In her own words she wrote: 'This book is about an alien that has run away from its family and it wants to play and watch football. I like this book because I like the mystery and it is funny too!'
Cheryl  Nunn
Nov 04, 2018
Rashmi Kohli
Jan 20, 2018
Books for boys :) What's your experience? 1 2 Mar 12, 2012 04:45PM

• Never Ask A Dragon (Never Ask #1)
  • Solar System for Babies & Toddlers (Tinker Toddlers)
  • Nemesis (The Enhanced #10)
  • Awakening (The Enhanced Sequel, #1)
  • Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?
  • Little Red Hood
  • The Princess and the Pea
  • Great Expectations: Leading an Effective SEND Strategy in School
  • Saint Louis Armstrong Beach
  • Open Very Carefully: A Book with Bite
I'm an Amazon UK bestselling children's author based in London, UK and I write for children from ages 3-11. I have two boys, George and Nick ( all grown up now!) who inspired me to write when they were younger.

In my first children's book, The Secret Lake, Stella (aged 11) and Tom (aged 8), while trying to find their elderly neighbour's missing dog, discover a time tunnel and secret lake that take

News & Interviews