Start by marking “Creating Fate (Unspun, #1)” as Want to Read:
Creating Fate (Unspun, #1)

Creating Fate

(Unspun #1)

She gave away her heart…
Giving her heart to a mortal wasn't something the First Fate planned. Losing him nearly shattered her soul. Upon his death, Clotho swore never to love—or weave life—again. Hoping she'll change her mind before it's too late, Zeus commands the spinner of life to take a much needed vacation from her immortal responsibilities.

He had to hide his...
Dane i
Published July 10th 2012 by Smashwords Edition (first published June 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Creating Fate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Creating Fate

Thomas Winship
Jul 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
As a rule, I try to avoid romance novels. First of all, they’re just not my bag. Give me action, blood and guts, sci-fi … hell, give me a restaurant menu, and I’ll probably enjoy it more than a romance novel.

Second, most romance novels aren’t written for me. That’s fine. I’m not the target audience and I don’t feel slighted in the least. Well … perhaps a little … but that’s neither here nor there. I’m sure if more men purchased romance novels, there’d be a whole slew of books written for them. U
Katrina
Mar 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Creating fate is book one in the Trilogy of the Unspun series. Eagerly awaiting the email, I devoured this in one sitting. The three books will be a series but all written by different authors, and I must admit that Rachel is one of my all-time favourite authors, grasping at my heartstrings with her last series of the Phoenix’s.

The Fates are a mixture of mythology and romance. Each Fate having their own purpose. In Creating Fate – Clotho – Chloe‘s, gift is to create new life – the bearer of beg
Dianne
If you were Zeus and one of your daughters, who happened to be one of the Fates, had her heart broken and refused to ever return to Earth, what would you do? Maybe you would contrive a mission for her to find her sisters, who just happen to be on Earth. Enter Dane, an undercover cop working his last great sting. He’s sexy, hot, kind of pushy and arrogant in a completely disarming way and he stirs things in Chloe that she never thought could happen again, so of course she is prickly and snarky, w ...more
Cloud Riser
Jun 18, 2012 rated it liked it
The concept was cool, but I didn't like how quickly the main characters fell in love, etc. Their chemistry felt kind of forced at times too.
Rhonda
Apr 02, 2012 rated it really liked it

Her reason for existing was to create. She was the bearer of the beginning.

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am not only a fan of Rachel’s writing, I’m also a huge fan of the lady herself. It has been through her books that I have come to know this fantastic, fun lady and her books are no different! I love the idea that has been presented here, Rachel Firasek introduces us to a new series in book 1 of the Unspun trilogy in which there will be 3 novellas
Riverina Romantics
Jun 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

This was my first Rachel Firasek read and although it was only short, I honestly, thoroughly enjoyed it.

The first few pages had me hooked to the authors effortless flow of words. It was very well written.

Clotho/Chloe was a kick ass heroine who also had a soft heart. When she stumbles upon a sexy ass bad boy...or he stumbles upon her, she can't help her attraction, no matter how much he freaks her out with his initial demands.

Dane?? Dane was yummy. Bad boy - check, sexy and muscled to
Kelsey Jordan
Oct 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
I liked it a lot, better than I've liked most books on Greek mythology lately (I feel it's the go to mythology therefore overused). Easy to fall into and I can see myself reading more of her work.
Also, love the cover.
Drew Constance
My thoughts:

I found Rachel via Net-galley earlier this year when I delved into her Phoenix rising series and fell in love with her world building, characters and her exploration of one of my favorite topics’ mythology. Being partly Greek myself I think I have always loved the old tales told when I was a child so when I read the synopsis for Creating Fate I just about did a happy jig, for I am fascinated with the concept of fate and destiny and I love a good romance. This book did not disappoint.
Diantha Jones
Jul 10, 2012 rated it liked it
It’s no secret that I love Greek myth and endeavor to read any and all books covering the subject, so when I heard about Creating Fate, I jumped right on it. The concept of a series of three novellas called Unspun featuring the three Fates and their various love interests grabbed me and I immediately purchased myself a copy of this book and read it in one sitting. It wasn’t exactly what I hoped for, but I didn’t dislike it. It just wasn’t developed enough for me, nor was it very believable roman ...more
Vanessa theJeepDiva
May 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
I was so excited when I got the request for the three Unspun books in my inbox. They are novellas from three different authors who have each written a love story about one of the Fates. I love reading various authors spins on mythology. Creating Fate did not disappoint. Clotho who is going by Chloe is the bearer of beginning. She creates new life for her role as a Fate.

Chloe has not been happy as of late. She has lost her love, a mortal man whom she was deeply in love with. As a Fate it is somet
Dahlia (yadkny)
Oct 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance Lovers
Chloe’s happiness ended abruptly one day after the unexpected death of her fiancé. Since then her eternal sadness has gone unnoticed on Olympus until her father Zeus demands to know the reason for her tears. Without responding, Chloe gives him nothing, not wanting to reopen the wound or give him reason to say ‘I told you so’. In a fit of anger and determination to see Chloe through this, Zeus deploys her back to the human realm with an order to find her sisters or remain there forever. As one of ...more
Proserpine
Jun 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
This story was short but full of action! I couldn't put it down! I enjoyed every turns, the characters, the plot and the end!

As many of you may know by now, I love Greek Mythology and this story is based on Clotho, one of the three sisters of Fate. Clotho is the one who's created things, fate, life... Once, she gave away her heart to a human male, but she loses him before they were married (DAMN!).

Now Zeus sent Clotho on earth in a search for her ''missing'' sister and she stumble or maybe shoul
Wendy Cartmell
Jun 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
I'm Hooked!

Dane is close to cracking the drug ring he's spent the last two years infiltrating, but needs to perform one last heist to meet the head man and prevent an impendin
Laurie
Oct 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, steamy
It was a nice piece. I love mythology and this is an interesting story of one of the gods.

Clotho (Chloe) is grieving. Her heart is broken. She has stopped creating life. Her father is beside himself and her two sisters are missing.

Dane is in a bad situation. He stole drug money from one of his bosses and now the goons are hunting him down. He's been on the run for a little while now.

While getting on a bus, Dane spots a woman with sad eyes and a beautiful face. He sits next to her, but seems to
Janae's Book Obsession
I received this book from Smashwords and it took me a while to sit down actually read it. I am so glad I finally did this book was really good. Chloe is strong, tough and hard headed goddess. She is one of the three fates alongside her sisters. She is sent by her father Zeus down to earth to find her sisters but what she soon faces could either break her heart or be with the man she is fated to be with.

This book is a whirlwind of romance, love, and hot schmexy passion. The tension between these
Nese Lane
Jun 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Rachel Firasek has done it again! Creating Fate is a fast paced, sexy read with deep lovable characters.

Clotho suffers from an abysmal grief of a lost love. She's torn between the closness she feels for the sister/fate responsible and her fury at the injustice of destiny. The time she spends with Dane draws her out of her depression and shows her that even a fate has to have love to create life.

As an undercover cop, Dane's long involment in the dark underworld of drugs and corruption has him
Gabby (What's Beyond Forks?)

Full Review at: What's Beyond Forks?

Creating Fate was full of action and romantic anticipation mixed in with a little humor. I love that this story is based on the fates with this book concentrating on Chloe, the fate of life. Chloe has just lost the love of her life and then Dane comes into the picture. She immediately feels attracted to him and that would be my one complaint. For having just lost her love, she starts having feelings for Dane awfully quick. I know, I know, it's a short story so
Netanella
Aug 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Most romance books I've read that have Greek mythological elements are not very well done. "Creating Fate" by Rachel Firasek is a rare exception, particularly since it focuses on Clotho, the Fate who weaves life. Not an easy character at all. The writing is engaging and fun, and the reader doesn't need to have a whole lot of background intelligence to follow the story. Clotho (Chloe) is sent to earth to find her two sisters, and runs into an undercover cop named Dane who quickly embroils her in ...more
Adaline Raine
Nov 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romantic
I love this story so much! Clotho (Chloe) is one of the fates and is responsible for creating life. She is immortal and after a horrible twist of fate involving her oldest sister, death, she never wants to become involved with a human ever again. Enter Dane. He is everything that Chloe wants to stay away from but they are drawn together in a turn of events. Dane tries to protect her but they wind up in a most unlikely place. Dane is not what he initially seems and more turns occur. Very engaging ...more
Christine Ashworth
Mar 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
Creating Fate was such a fun story. Chloe and Dane were a hoot from the get-go; the sexual tension ramped up believably, and the hits of Mount Olympus were pure gold. Firasek writes with such verve and passion that you can't help but love the story, especially when Chloe realizes she doesn't have to hide her heart, and Dane understands what a gift he was given when he first sat down next to Chloe on the bus.

It had me sneaking reads during work - I didn't want to put it down! I'm definitely picki
A.R. Von
May 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is my first time reading anything from Rachel Firasek. Man was it good! Better than good! I read it so fast I think I got whiplash! I could not put it down for a second. I love anything and everything about Greek gods, the fates and any and all that is Greek history. She wrote us a fun, mysterious, sensual, surprising and exciting story that leaves the reader craving more.
I'll be following this series like a hound!
4.5 rounded to a solid 5 read. By the way... Dane is HOT! Just thought you sh
D.L. Richardson
Oct 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this novella. I had no idea what was going on but Rachel Firasek is such a great writer I just had to find out. This is a lovely tale of the flaws of gods and mankind, and the dangers of falling for the wrong man. Even though Cloe vows never to weave life again, she weaves her way into Dane's hear,t and there is alovely twists at the end. I wanted this story to be longer. I can't wait to get into the other two books in this series.
Melissa
Mar 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
When I first learned of the "Unspun Trilogy", I was stoked to read it based on the concept alone. I'm happy to say Creating Fate did not disappoint! I really liked Chloe - her struggle to deal with the loss of the human she loved and her guilt at being attracted to another. The fact that both Chloe and Dane were determined to protect the other was also a good touch. All in all, a great start to the series.
Emeline Pico
Mar 29, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: 17+
Chloe has experienced love & experiencing lost love when David was taken from her. Chloe feels deeply as she is the Fate that creates life, while her sister Attie ends life. Chloe is sent to earth to find her sisters but, ends up in-between a drug exchange gone bad. There in the middle of the chaos is her protector. Not really my genre but, interested read.
Kyra Dunst
Jan 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Chloe, aka Clotho of the fates, has had her heart broken and refuses to do her duties. Zeus sends her to the mortal plane on a mission to find her sister as part of her punishment, and she ends up in a mess of trouble. I felt the romance was a bit rushed, but otherwise this was a wonderful story. I would read more from this author.
Susan Owens
Jun 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Creating Fate is a short romance, but long on vivid emotions and cool characters. I love Rachel's stories and her writing style. She keeps the reader turning the pages or in my instance, tapping the right side of my screen. 5 Stars from me!
Marian
Oct 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed Chloe and Dane's adventure. This is a well crafted tail of true love and how when it's meant to be it happens. I especially liked how the author intertwined mythology with modern day times. Definitely a must read.
Meaghan
Feb 19, 2013 rated it liked it
This was a quick short read. I feel it could have been a great book had it been longer and had more depth to the characters and plot. All in all it was enjoyable though.
Jessica
Oct 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Cute little book. Fun characters and a solid story.
The Free Book Cha...: Creating Fate, by Rachel Firasek 2 40 Jan 25, 2014 02:00PM
Can't wait 6 5 Mar 11, 2012 07:57PM

• Chained (Decorah Security, #3)
  • Dagger Heart
  • Demonically Tempted (Frostbite, #2)
  • Dream Bound (Dream Catchers #1)
  • The In Between (The In Between, #1)
  • How to Worship a Goddess (Forgotten Goddesses, #2)
  • Santa Wore Combat Boots
  • For One Last Kiss (A Grim Reaper Romance, #0.5)
  • Vampire's Eve (Vamp Life #1)
  • The Dare (The Chronicles of Katrina, #1)
  • Bound for Pleasure (1Night Stand)
  • Candra's Freedom (The Golden Key Chronicles #2)
  • Treacherous Temptations
  • Hearts of Darkness (Deadglass, #1)
  • Shadow Play (Shadow Touch, #2)
  • Prey and Magic (Blood and Snow, #5)
  • Cameron's Law (Adelheid, #1)
  • If You Go Into The Woods
Rachel Firasek spends her days daydreaming of stories and her nights putting the ideas to ink. She has spent a dull life following the rules, meeting deadlines, and toeing the line, but in her made up worlds, she can let the wild side loose. Her wonderful husband and three children support her love of the written word and only ask for the occasional American Idol or Swamp People quality hour.

She h

Unspun (3 books)
  • Stealing Fate
  • Chasing Fate (Unspun #3)