Start by marking “Undeniable (The Dalton Gang, #1)” as Want to Read:
Undeniable (The Dalton Gang, #1)

Undeniable (The Dalton Gang #1)

3.78  ·  Rating details ·  421 Ratings  ·  54 Reviews
There was a time when Crow Hill, Texas’s notorious Dalton Gang ran wild. Now, as owners of the Dalton Ranch, their partnership in the rundown operation leaves little time for raising hell—except for the right women who can turn on the heat…

It’s been sixteen years since Dax Campbell set foot in Crow Hill—and sixteen years since Arwen Poole had a crush on him in high school.
Published October 2nd 2012 by Berkley Trade

To ask other readers questions about Undeniable, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Undeniable

Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuireAvoiding Commitment by K.A. LindeBared to You by Sylvia DayDown to You by Michelle LeightonOn Dublin Street by Samantha Young
Hot Covers
1,190 books — 1,403 voters
The Perfect Play by Jaci BurtonTaking a Shot by Jaci BurtonPlaying to Win by Jaci BurtonChanging the Game by Jaci BurtonMortal Bite by Sharon Hamilton
Drool-worthy Covers
417 books — 255 voters

More lists with this book...

~ Becs ~
I’ve said it before and I’ll probably say it again – I’m a cover slut, no two ways about it. It’s a fact that if this book didn’t have that delicious man on its cover with his highly lickable chest, I’d probably never have read it. I’ve never read an Alison Kent book before, although I was aware of her books, and I don’t read a huge amount of small town romance but I am delighted that I did because I LOVED it. It’s snarky, sassy, sexy and a compelling and highly entertaining read. That cover is ...more
Lisa Kay
[image error]
★★★★ So, I went to the bookstore to seek solace the other day and what I found was a new author I love! I’ve been buying a lot of books for my Kindle, and I know I really need to read them; however, when I’m like that, only holding up in my bed with a paperback will work.

I was grabbing books off the shelf and actually saw Unbreakable, the second in the series, first. I was justifying the purchase because I needed the letter “U” to spell February. That, and I love a guy in a hat, and
Nikki
Holy Hot Cowboy Batman!

Ok so the blurb for this sounded good. What it doesn't tell you is how freaking hot and sexy this book is! I mean wow! While we have an actual plot goin on, there's so much sexin here I got distracted a little.... *sigh* I decided to find a pic to convey the hotness that is Dax Campbell

Photobucket
Anywho..... What I liked: The writing was great and the characters and plot were really well developed! There was a more emotional side to this than I expected there to be and I really felt
Kellie Maddox-Ward
Oct 08, 2012 marked it as to-read
drooling over this cover! I know I'm shallow leave me alone alright? LOL
Kelly
Oct 08, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Cover lust? Yes! Paying $9.99? Doubtful!
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Sep 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: didi-reviews
DiDi's review posted on Guilty Pleasures

The Dalton Gang, three teenage hell-raisers, boys the girls swooned over and fathers had shot guns ready for. A band of misfits that found comfort and family working the Dalton’s ranch. Dave and Tess Dalton have passed away and left Dax Campbell, Boone Mitchell and Casper Jayne their failing ranch. Can the small town and female population of Crow Hill, TX survive the return of the Dalton Gang?

Dax Campbell left Crow Hill TX sixteen years ago with no plans o
Amy
Jun 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fv-review, ppb

Originally posted at http://www.fictionvixen.com/review-un...

I admit it. I’ve become a little obsessed with cowboys. I’m a diehard Dallas fan from the 80′s and when TNT launched the new Dallas this season with some of the original actors from the past I was squealing with joy. Move over J.R. Ewing, John Ross is the cowboy to be reckoned with now. He’s sexy, devious like his daddy and fills out a fine set of Wranglers. With that being said, I have also found a new love for hot cowboy romance book
Beate
Jun 24, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cowboys, erotica, romance
This book was on a fast track to my favorites shelf. Sadly, it wasn't to be.

First of all, I did love the characters. Arwen is a kick ass girl who takes no prisoners when it comes to getting what she wants. And Dax is a real bad boy cowboy. He's the kind that'll make any woman swoon. And I was right there. Swooning. Until I hit the 50% mark on my Kindle. Dax suddenly turns from bad boy, to creep.

(view spoiler)
Storm
Oct 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
I love Alison Kent, but I was skeptical when I started reading this book. I felt that Dax gave off serious douchebag vibes in the beginning, but I was rooting for Arwen all the way (off topic: Arwen is a pretty name, isn't it?). Anyway, I felt that whatever they had going on was definitely going to bore me at some point but the miracle was, it didn't.

I love how Alison does not spend pages on pages expressing how two characters feel for one another. It is obvious in their actions and the way the
Breezy *Lover of all things Alpha Male*
Really great story! I love Arwen (including her name) and I think Dax is pretty spiffy! I love her strength and conviction as well as her ability to be successful on her own. What a really empowering story of a strong female lead!

I can't wait to read Faith's and Casper's story!

My full review is at...

B
Lori
Jul 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. Full review to come closer to release date. Suffice to say for now that Alison Kent has written another deeply emotional, authentic, and hot as hell romance. Put it on your TBR list now.
Tressa
The characters’ motivations in Undeniable felt hollow to me, which is why I stopped reading the book.
Becky Wyrick
Jan 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
Arwen and Dalton are super hot. I love all the secondary characters. The family drama is amazing.
Ellie
Oct 07, 2012 rated it it was ok
Undeniable, Dalton Gang #1, by Alison Kent
Grade: D+

“Do you know how long I’ve waited for you?”

Arwen Poole grew up in Crow Hill, Texas known as the kid of the town drunk and was easily looked over by the popular kids in high school especially bad boy Dex Campbell. Arwen has turned her life around and has become the owner of the bar she grew up in and turned into the girl the men in town want to date. When Dax and his two best friends, known as the Dalton Gang, come back to town Arwen knows this i
Tiffany
Aug 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book so much. I hadn't read anything by Alison Kent before, but I'm definitely going to read the rest of this trilogy (because hello, super hot cowboys).

The characters, both main and supporting, are interesting without seeming unrealistic. There's some family drama, which prevents the book from being fluffy and light, but the conflicts are dealt with in a satisfying way.

The main characters, Dax and Arwen, hit the ground running with their physical relationship. Even though they h
Cocktails and Books
Dax Campbell is one naughty cowboy! Phew! I needed a tall, cool drink after this one!

Sixteen years ago, Dax Campbell left Crow Hill, Texas and the family expectations that threatened to drown him. But when he discovers he and his two best friends have been left the ranch of a couple he thought of more as parents than his own, he comes back hoping he can turn the ranch around and steer clear of his parents.

Arwen Poole has a huge crush on Dax in high school. She figures now that he's back in town,
Michelle
Oct 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
If you’re looking for some dirty cowboy, contemporary erotic romance, this is going to be the series for you. Undeniable is the first in the new Dalton Gang Series from Alison Kent. This is also my first from Ms. Kent so it was exciting for me to discover a new author. In this first book we’re introduced to Crow Hill, TX and to the Dalton Gang, a trio of men who have come home after receiving an unexpected inheritance. Even though they had gone their own ways, Dax, Casper, and Boone formed a bon ...more
WhiskeyintheJar/Kyraryker
There was legitimately sex in every chapter. The main characters meet up in chapter 1 and never stop boinking from there on out.

In a previous post, I discussed finding books on my tbr pile without knowing why. Not so with this book, I know exactly why I picked this. The cover, it's hotter than a possum makin' love in a wool sock.

I have a weakness, it's cowboys. This book had several and described them all in such splendid detail.

The storyline? Oh, hahahhahahahha!

If you like cowboys, plenty (read
Ann
Aug 16, 2012 rated it liked it
3.0…maybe 3.5 stars. Thought Dax the main H was immature and dysfunctional. Arwen the h (cool name, huh?) was a mix of dysfunctional, a loner and sex crazed for her long time crush Dax back in town. For an erotic romance I can't believe I'm saying this, but after awhile the sex scenes seemed to be redundant and I just got bored. Daz and Arwen's relationship is purely based on sexual encounters throughout about 85% of the bk. Even when Dax tries a few dates with Arwen it just made me cringe to re ...more
Darcy
May 14, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013, erotica
I think that I would have liked this one better had Dax not been such an ass. I am surprised that his "boys" were able to forgive him as when he left 16 years ago he left them behind too. No one in his old life were worth thinking about and he didn't feel bad for it at all.

I did like Arwen, she was ballsy, brass, and knew what she wanted, Dax. I liked how she went after him, although I didn't think he was worth it. She wasn't shy and from the first meeting there was no doubt that sex was on the
Deb
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
This is the first book of the series. Its Dax and Arwen's story. Dax is the son of one of the wealthiest families of Crow Hill. His father wanted a son to take over his legal firm and Dax wasn't it. His parents never gave him the love or affection that a child needs and he acted out with his Dalton gang friends. The 3 Dalton boys leave Crow Hill and 16 years later come back because the inherit Tess and Dave's ranch. Arwen finds out Dax is back in town. She has had a crush on him since she was a ...more
Carole
Samantha
Oct 06, 2012 rated it liked it
I had a love/hate relationship with Dax and Arwen. I thought Arwen was a preachy (she should have taken her own advice)wishy washy pain in the ass. Dax was really not much better. They both have Daddy issues and it became tiresome. The secondary love story was sweet and a breath of fresh air. The reveal of a certain character and the outcome between Arwen and her Father left me annoyed. I will pick up the next book because I did like the Author's voice and I didn't totally hate the book. The sex ...more
Diana
Aug 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
UNDENIABLE is undeniably my favorite book from Alison Kent. It has a ballsy, full steam ahead tone that snagged me from the first page. And even though the sex between Dax and Arwen is erotic and on the punishing side and reason enough for 5 stars, there's a lot more than romance going on in this modern day cowboy saga. Kent has set up a Living Large cast of characters whose lives intersect in complex small town family dynamics, all of which makes for rocking good angsty fun.

Is that a gorgeous
Lori Meehan
Sep 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
I really enjoyed this book. I love rough cowboys and I think Dax Campbell is about as rough as they come. Arwen Poole has been in lust with Dax since high school and he broke her heart when he left 16 years ago. Now that's he's back in town she plans on working him out of her system. Their sex was hot and explosive and without strings just the way they want it. That is until things start to change. This is a roller coaster of a romance with laughter and tears. I highly recommend it.
Mandy
Jul 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: alison-kent
So freaking glad I came across this author and this series. Hot and steamy and super solid plot. I was emotionally invested with Arwen and Dax from the very beginning. Dax was ass and that made him hard to like sometimes. But he had so much going on- to work through that I hoped he would just so he could move on and enjoy Arwen. Between the ranch and his family, I don't know how he did it all. Great book!!!
Ballerina60
Jun 12, 2015 rated it liked it
this was my first AK read. i like erotica. a lot. however, this style, in my opinion, was too calculated. also, i'm definitely NOT turned on by poop. just can't find the feeling. so on the sexy level, i was disappointed. but the story was very very good. i really liked Darcy and her love interest a lot. i liked Dax too, and the other characters. i'm going to try the second book and hope that not all of AK's main characters are enthralled by poop. that part was ick.
Erin Kyle
Jun 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a good book. Solid from start to finish, and believable. And steamy (ahem). Did I mention steamy?

Lots of layers contributed to the overall success: Dax, Arwen, Darcy, Josh, Dave and Tess, the ranch, the drought and, most importantly, the town. All rolled up, it makes for a compelling story. (With romance, steam, HEA, and cowboys, what's not to love?!)
Carol Burnside
This one sizzled all the way through. Kent certainly knows how to keep the sexual tension going along with an interesting story line. Arwen and Dax were both strong characters I could identify with. I'm a sucker for small towns and am a Texan, so this one was right up my alley. I enjoyed it and will be looking for more in the series.
Sali
Jan 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ok this book is very COWBOY so being an Aussie it took me a while to get into it.
Saying that , I have to say the writing itself was ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC !!! Would almost go as far as saying FLAWLESS !!! Brilliant editing & the story flowed perfectly . The characters gripped me from the very beginning & I will be looking at more work by this author :)
  • At the Cowboy's Mercy (Taming the Cowboy, #1)
  • Catch Me A Cowboy (Deep in the Heart of Texas, #3)
  • One Night Rodeo (Blacktop Cowboys, #4)
  • Brody (Circle Eight, #2)
  • How to Handle a Cowboy (Cowboys of Decker Ranch, #1)
  • Texas Two Step: The Prequel
  • A Knight in Cowboy Boots (McKnight, #1)
  • Colt's Choice (Bad in Boots, #3)
  • Roping Your Heart (Riding Tall, #2)
  • The Medicine Man (Men of the White Sandy, #1)
  • Uncommon Pleasure (Uncommon, #1)
  • Quinn (Wyoming Sky, #1)
  • Bound To You (One Night of Passion #1.5)
I often read of or hear about authors who knew they were meant to tell stories from the time they left the crib. Me? I didn't decide what I wanted to be when I grew up until I was thirty years old - and then sold my first book at thirty-four. Still, it was obvious that I always knew I was going places.

Like so many other authors, I was a voracious reader from day one, devouring everything from Nanc
More about Alison Kent

The Dalton Gang (3 books)
  • Unbreakable (The Dalton Gang #2)
  • Unforgettable (The Dalton Gang, #3)

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Roses
    $11.99 $3.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Pursuit of Tamsen Littlejohn
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • His Darling Bride (Echoes of the Heart #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
  • The Strawberry Hearts Diner
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Born of Shadows (The League, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Too Hot to Handle (Romancing the Clarksons, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • As You Wish (A Summerhouse Novel)
    $12.01 $2.99
  • Love, Life, and the List
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Top Ten
    $9.00 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Evening Star (The Drifters & Dreamers #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)