Start by marking “Immortal Coil (Dragon Spirit, #1)” as Want to Read:
Immortal Coil (Dragon Spirit, #1)

Immortal Coil

(Dragon Spirit #1)

Two souls. One Body. Sharing is not an option…

Terrible news has turned Anaea Salis’s life upside down. There’s nothing she can do to make it right, and the stranger who stops to talk to her can’t help. But when that stranger, Hunter, an ancient dragon spirit, is viciously attacked and forced to transfer his spirit into her body, Anaea’s life takes a new terrifying twist.
Published March 6th 2012 by Gryphon's Gate Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Immortal Coil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Immortal Coil

Jilly
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was really surprising!

Okay, but it was in reverse. I expected some plain old Dragon Smut and got something pretty cool.... yeah, just like the guy in the first picture is .. so ... cool....
Hmm, I maybe didn't think this comparison out that well.

Let's try this one instead:

Better!
I expected the blobby unicorn, but got the good unicorn instead. Like the unicorn on the box of the Lucky Charms. He doesn't look creepy giving the old side-eye to the leprechaun at all.... Wait, is he coming on
J.
Mar 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012
Paranormal romance is hot, but some of us just aren’t turned on by vampires and werewolves. I picked this one up for something different and wasn’t disappointed.

[SPOILER ALERT] The book opens with Anaea Solis, dying of cancer, standing on the Queen Street Bridge in Pittsburgh, about to throw herself into the half-frozen Allegheny River. It’s either that or die slowly as the cancer eats her alive. But before she can convince herself to let go, a good and good-looking Samaritan approaches her from
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
Not the usual dragon story. Pretty good, but sort of ended open ended. I suppose that’s done in order to continue the series.
Christa
I bought this book expecting smut. And I got a well thought out world with action, plot, and surprisingly good characters.

It was a pleasant surprise. Probably one of the best free books I’ve read this year.
Marta Cox
Jun 05, 2018 rated it liked it
I was intrigued by the idea of two souls within one body and the only other series I’ve read that successfully tackled this was Jacquelyn Frank with her Nightwalkers although this time we get dragons but alas they are in spirit . Nevertheless the author did a credible job of making the dragons feel anything but human !
It’s quite a complicated idea in play here with dragons inhabiting human bodies and yet they can be reborn but to do so lose all memories and standing. Their court is chaotic to sa
Coco.V
Oct 16, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (10/16/2017)!
Melindeeloo
A spell saved dragons from total annihilation, but now they exist as spirit entities inhabiting the bodies of humans who have died. It is taboo to reveal their existence or to share a body, but when an enforcer is returning a spirit of a renegade for a rebirth ceremony, circumstances force him to share the body of a terminal cancer patient who planned to suicide.

By the end of the sample for Immortal Coil I was hooked and not knowing whether it was a romance or not (but with the cover suspecting
Dirty Dayna
Feb 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-buddy-reads
READING_CHALLENGE_PIC

3 Drake Stars
This book… no. I cant. I understand I am new to PRN and dragons .. but no. this book was too much. It took dragons to a different light and showed them as body snatchers and it felt more haunting then dragon. By the end of the book I felt the connection between our main characters Anaea and Hunter. Surprisingly Anaea was the normal human .. why did she have to have an otherworldy name when she was human. But I also.. didn’t care. The book did pick up a bit near the halfway point
Laura (Kyahgirl)
3.5/5; 4 stars; B+

I was pleasantly surprised by this book. Sometimes when I get a free book from Amazon its a disappointment, Not this time!
This story had an unusual premise and was well written. The dialogue flowed well and didn't have any rough spots.
I love this cover; its a thing of beauty.
I really liked the fact that the author told us the main female character had had a mastectomy and didn't feel the need to magically fix that up in the story. Her partner thought she was beautiful regard
Patricia
Future Self,

who would have thought that a freebie would be so good? For some reasons I expected this really stereotypical, filled-with-clichés, guilty pleasure Paranormal Romance. And to some extends I'll admit that I got it, but it wasn't just sex with some story, but story with some sex. (And those scenes were rather short, if I recall correctly.) That was a very pleasant surprise and I'm glad that I gave Immortal Coil a try.

It starts with a scene written in the hero's, Hunter's, point of vie
Bukcrz
This is a perfect example of a great book ruined by one character. In this case (for me) is the heroine: whinny, 'poor-is-me' complex, indecisive, and a contrived character. A lot of the inner monologues in the story are repeated information from chapter one to the last chapter that if cut off would eliminate 50% of the book's pages.
Other than that the created world is worth visiting, the rest of the characters are memorable, the new take on dragons and its mythology is unique and I would not mi
Ellen
June 9 2012
This was offered as free at amazon and I have to say that I am glad I got this book. I would of payed to read it. The plotline is nonstop and solid, a page turn all the way to the end. I could not put it down.
Anaea is someone you can relate too, and Hunter is strong and ferocious, as a dragon should be. I love the chemistry between the two of them, and how their relationship developed, it was done natural and realisic.

The one scene I liked is the shower scene, try taking a shower wit
Dawn
Jun 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book was amazing. There are 2 reasons I did not give it 5 stars and only provided 1. First is that the ending seemed unfinished. There were items toward the end with Grey and the Handmaiden that were never resolved. I am hoping that this will be settled in the next book because just dropping this part of the story would be a waste. Also I try to reserve a top score on a book for reads like JRR Tolkien LOTR series. Baring the classics, this is one of the best fantasy books I have read in a l ...more
Mary
Jun 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Well written, interesting characters, not-cliched fantasy story line. The first chapter sucked me in, and I read it straight thru. Highly recommended, can't wait for the next book! (Now I've got another author I'm thinking "WRITE FASTER" at. I can lend it, but I recommend everyone give her money. I don't think I've liked a first book this much since Kim Harrison's _Dead Witch Walking_. Yes, it's that well written. )
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
Dec 08, 2017 rated it really liked it

This is a slightly different read to what i have been reading recently, however the book starts with a hard subject. Anaea has been suffering from Cancer and things are bad, she is going to jump off the bridge in Pittsburgh.

The subject is tackled well, however its not a book that pulls you down, by the end you are lifted up and happy things have gone well for our two characters.

We do get points of view from multip
Mummy's Naughty Corner
This one surprised me. Usually I'm not a big fan of shifters or werewolves. I'll read them but none really make me go wow. This one did. it was a dragon shifter but there is more to it. The story was a nice mystery (who's trying to kill them and why) with a bubbling romance thrown in.
Beth
Jul 26, 2019 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the whole, two people trapped in one body idea. The magic seemed a bit slap dash and the ending kind of wrapped up without much explanation but it was overall enjoyable.
Karen  ⚜Mess⚜
Apr 16, 2018 rated it did not like it
A painful and boring read.
Sadie Forsythe
Oct 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-lendable
Anaea's life is in the gutter and she sees no hope of it looking up, until an unfortunate encounter with a good Samaritan named Hunter turns everything on its head. Both characters, Anaea and Hunter, are easy to engage with. I got a little tired of Anaea's self deprivation, but understood it too. Her strength of will, even in her beaten down state, was something I appreciated. Though I did think that her willingness to put herself in danger in order to establish her independence bordered on the ...more
Rosa
Jun 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book was amazing balls! First off the whole concept was unbelievably original. I can honestly say I've never read anything like this at all. Anaea was such a ridiculous heroine, seriously I applaud her and all her greatness. Diagnosed with breast cancer, lost her husband, her life and her friends she thinks there is nothing to live for. She decides screw cancer I'm going to die on my terms. She's standing at the rail looking down into the dark cold waters and this is how she decides to ...more
Keidy
One mythological animal that I adore is the ever mighty dragon. So it's plain to see I was really excited about this book. And now that I finished it, I can say it's a good solid read but it wasn't everything I was hoping it to be. The heroine is likable and I really enjoyed how they incorporated the nature of her cancer. It explained a lot of her motives without dulling the character and the hero is also pretty likable as well as the supporting characters.

Although the story also had it's share
Jamie
Aug 16, 2012 rated it liked it
This book is a bit different than everything else that is out there ... which I thoroughly enjoyed. Dragons, soul sharing, sorcery, with an old world touch. I thought that Anaea was a great heroine. She has every reason to give up on life, but ends up fighting through it all. In turn, Hunter was an awesome hero, his faith in Anaea was great to read about.

If the entire book was written like the last quarter of the book ... it would have been a much better book. The ending wasn't all that pleasur
Kirsten Lenius
Jun 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Here there be dragons. Rather than rehashing the plot points of which those who have posted before me have done a fine job, I will just say a few things.

First, I thought the idea of where the dragons have been lo these many years to be a good and 'buyable' one. Second, I appreciate a good strong female protaganist and I got that. Third, the characters were interesting and deep enough for me to really want to know what happens next to them. Oh, and fourth, there was precious little I could find
Auburn1975
Jun 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Well, who knew that a free Amazon book could out-do far more expensive e-books currently being released! I did enjoy this book from beginning to end. It's well written, strong character development, loved the whole dragon/mage/human thing going on; wonderful NEW urban fantasy author and a story that I look forward to reading/buying more of in the future. Very well done. I highly recommend reading at any price.
Natasha Brown
May 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: dnf
I used to be that person who finished their book unless it was really, really bad. Recently though, I’ve realized that life is short, too short, so I’ve really started letting things, people, obligations, hobbies, etc., go that don’t bring me joy. I feel like not finishing this book is a small victorious step in that direction. Why? Because there is nothing really wrong with it. In fact, there are a lot of things right, but no longer want to be that person who always finishes their book.

What’s
Sandra
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ebooks, own-it
Space Cowgirl
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A 🐉Dragon In A Human Man's Body

ARC received for a voluntary and honest review.

Adult Dragon Shifter🐲 and Paranormal Romance

Let me state first off that I normally don't read shifter🐲 novels, but this one has a great plot and the story unfolded in a well planned and thought out way.

The main female character, Anaea💃💔, suffers from terminal cancer. She has had one breast removed and has been given about three months to live. She stands on a bridge, ready to throw herself off, to save herself going th
Llaph
I liked a good portion of the story. I thought the premise of dragons and where they came from was pretty cool. I did have a little trouble understanding all the ins and outs of the race, mages, and sorcerers, but I understand it is a first book in a series so that sort of thing can happen. I had to go back and re-read those parts till I got it ... it could be how it was presented or I was just a little slow that day. Regardless ... I still thought it pretty inventive and not totally like anythi ...more
Astrid Miles
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Astrid's Description: Two spirits contained in one body. Their personalities are at odds, but can they work together to stay alive? Also, Holy Cow! This is way better that I thought it'd be.

Yeah, no, I am serious this time. I actually enjoyed this novel. This cover does not do the author or the story contained within justice. The book cover, to me, says that this was something thrown together quickly, but in reality, the story line, character arcs, and grammar are fantastic.

Humans are not perfec
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Goodreads Librari...: New Edition 3 15 Mar 19, 2018 08:25AM

• Dragon Blues
  • The Princess' Dragon Lord
  • Sword of the Raven
  • Chosen by Sin (Para-Ops, #3)
  • Breath of Fire
  • Dragon Down Under (Dragon Down Under, #1)
  • Dragon Awakened (The Hidden, #1)
  • Fury of Fire (Dragonfury, #1)
  • Sin and Sacrifice (Daughters of Eve, #1)
  • Fire in His Eyes (Dragon Elementals #1)
  • Dead Sexy Dragon (Dragon Heat, #1)
  • Never Deal with Dragons (Never Deal with Dragons, #1)
  • Witch Way Bends (Bend-Bite-Shift Trilogy, #1)
  • Dark Embers (Dragon's Heat, #1)
  • Lucan (Pendragon Legacy #1)
  • Serpent's Kiss (Dragonfire #10)
  • Dagger Heart
  • Blood Bonds (City of Dragons, #1)
C.I. Black has always lived in a world of imagination. When she’s not daydreaming, she puts her flights of fancy down on paper writing urban fantasy and paranormal romance books.

Dragon Spirit (4 books)
  • Shattered Spirits (Dragon Spirit, #2)
  • Hoarding Secrets (Dragon Spirit, #3)
  • Pursuing Flight (A Dragon Spirit Novel Book 4)