Start by marking “Magic Strikes - Hot Tub (Curran POV #5)” as Want to Read:
Magic Strikes - Hot Tub (Curran POV #5)

Magic Strikes - Hot Tub (Curran POV #5)

4.39  ·  Rating details ·  5,093 Ratings  ·  193 Reviews
Published March 7th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Magic Strikes - Hot Tub, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Magic Strikes - Hot Tub

Jul 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
1st Read - July 2013
2nd Read - May 2015
3rd Read - June 2016
4th Read - December 2017

I love getting inside the Beast Lord's head in these little Curran POV snippets! Considering the Hot Tub scene is one of my favourite points of the ENTIRE SERIES you can imagine how much I loved seeing it from Curran's POV, I think it was even better than the original!

I'm going to take a cold shower now.
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Another fantastic Curran's POV!

I love reading what Curran is thinking and I LOVE that he doesn't always get his way.

The only thing that could've been better is for this to be included in the book!

♥ Loved this:

"I had to warn her out of courtesy before I slipped out of my towel and into the hot tub. I did not want her to faint and drown. Of course, if she did go under I would be honor bound to pull her out and revive her. That she appeared to not be wearing a bra did enter my mind. I would only
Cathy (cathepsut)
HOT TUB (Magic Strikes, Kate Daniels #3): "What are you doing?" I growled, wondering if she was just teasing or if she wanted me too. "Pulling on Death's whiskers," she breathed out softly.

Read as part of the Curran POV Collection, full review here.

Re-read in June 2016.

You can find the collection for free on Ilona Andrews' website. Read in order, after the respective main books of the Kate Daniels series. Don't jump ahead, you will spoil yourself!
Alex ☣ Deranged KittyCat ☣
OMG!

description

I simply love this scene, no matter the point of view (Kate's or Curran's).
Lady Jaye
I LOVE my Curran (well, he's actually Kate's Curran, but we're not dealing with semantics here, hehe)!!

Hanging around in Curran's mind never fails to make me smile. I love how he thinks, how he sees himself, the way he analyzes the situation, how he sees Kate. I love everything about my Curran :D.

This scene was from Magic Strikes, the hot tub scene, and the events just preceding it. owing to the nature of the scene, Curran's POV was slightly cheesy, but still sweet. His interactions with Derek m
Vippi
Oct 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
After reading Magic Strikes I thought this scene was spicy, but from Curran's perspective it's HOT as hell!

The outcome?

Me:

My rationality (severely tested):
Heather C
I ♥ Curran! I loved this scene from Kate's POV, but I loved it even more from Curran's!
Leigh
Mar 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
LOVED it!!! God, I LOVE getting ANYTHING we can from Curran's POV!! I love to read how the Beast Lord thinks and to know what makes him tick. This short story about his time in the hot tub w/ Kate is no exception!! It's great to get more insight about his feelings for Kate, and he is unabashedly unapologetic as to his thoughts and feelings. I just love him for that! Not to mention, of course, that it was amazing hot, even for such a short scene!!

THANK YOU GORDON AND ILONA!!! You have made this f
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Nice little snippet from Curran's POV. I know Suz has claimed him and all, blah blah *rolls eyes* but while I was reading this, I could just pretend he was mine. At least for a short time.

I need more.
Renégade ♥
Oct 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

Excerpt from Hot Tub
(Scene from "Magic Bites")

Laura the Highland Hussy
Mar 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Read the Curran pov here

This is the latest Curran Point of View from Gordon Andrews. It's a great scene from Magic Strikes which is the 3rd book in the Kate Daniels series. This scene is where Kate is in the hot tub, and Curran joins her (it's not what you think, if you haven't read the series. Okay, maybe it's a little what you think-lol)

I thought it has one of the best lines in it:

But now, with her hair down, and her features relaxed, she looked beautiful. I wondered if she knew. No, probably
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads
HOT TUB

If you don't know what that means, go away until you do.

This is one of the most univesally loved scenes in the entire Kate Daniels universe. As hot as it is from Kate's POV in Magic Strikes, in my opinion, it's even hotter from Curran's.
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
I don't mean to sound like a perv, but Curran's all naked and wet in this POV, how could it not get 5 stars?
Rachel
Loved this scene and it was even better from Curran's POV.
•Anna•
Jul 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
No fucking way, not now.

#WorstTimingEver
Tandie
Yes, I read it and no, it wasn't smutty. Just lots of sexual tension & kissing. In a hot tub sans clothing. Nothing really happened. Interesting nugget of knowledge: Curran wants Kate in a 4-Evah kind of way, not just in a wham-bam-thankyou-ma'am kinda way. We sort of suspect this & of course Kate thinks Curran only views her as a challenging booty-call. He's the Alpha of the entire pack. He wants her as his mate, I'm guessing that's their way of marrying. Is that even allowed? Would she ...more
Jamie
Mar 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Favorite line:

"I had to warn her out of courtesy before I slipped out of my towel and into the hot tub. I did not want her to faint and drown."
Regina
This is available on Ilona Andrews' website: http://www.ilona-andrews.com/snippet-...

I loved it, thank you for writing this and offering it to your fans for free.
Mindy
Dec 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2013, pnr-uf
That was fun. It was strange reading Curran's POV. I had forgotten how frustrating that scene was. I wanted more. So much more. ;)
Marsha
Mar 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Adult lovers of Paranormal Mysteries
I always love anything written by Gordon Andrew that details Curran's POV. He adds insight from the male perspective about what we as women only speculate is occurring in various scenes of a book.

I remember this scene vividly. The weres were fighting in the ring and Curran was injured. Kate was angry and stormed off to be alone in a hot tub. However, Curran found it and joined her ( naked I might add). They chatted and slowly but surely their ire simmered down to an enjoyable conversation. Soon
mich
Sep 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
All right, how the hell did I not know this existed until just now??

This is the only scene I’ve read with Derek in it where I wanted him to BE GONE. Dammit Derek! Hehe, anyway, this was a nice little treat and takes me back to Magic Strikes, which is actually my favorite book in this series. love it.
Mafi
May 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012, eng
this is me reading this scene: description

This couple is sooo cute :)
♥Rachel♥
Jan 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Oh, I'm in LOVE!! *dies*
Giovanna
Dec 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Can't believe I hadn't rated this. I've read it. Several times.
'Cause Curran in the hot tub. If you know what I mean *winks*
Swoon.
The Flooze
::fanning myself::

Roawr.
The slow burn is so sloooooooooooooooooow...and normally I like that, but this is the third> book in the series.
Maraya21 (The Reading Dragon)
🔥🎆🎇🔥😍🔥🎆🔥
Edna
Feb 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Sooo, these scenes were kind of awesome:

(view spoiler)

HAHAHAHA. Curran, I can't even with you...

(view spoiler)
  • Magic Gifts (Kate Daniels, #5.4)
  • Home (Downside Ghosts, #3.6)
  • Magic Graves (Night Huntress, #4.5; Kate Daniels, #0.5)
  • An Apple for the Creature
  • Night Shift (Kate Daniels, #6.5; SPI Files, # 0.5; Psy-Changeling, #12.5; Barbarian, #1)
  • Web of Deceit (Elemental Assassin, #0.2)
  • Hex Appeal (Phoenix Chronicles; The Shadowfae Chronicles, #4.5; Kate Daniels, #5.6; The Dresden Files, #11.9)
One half of the team behind best-selling author Ilona Andrews .
More about Gordon Andrews...

Curran POV (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Magic Bites - Unicorn Lane (Curran POV #1)
  • Magic Bites - Fernando's (Curran POV #2)
  • Magic Burns - Soup (Curran POV #3)
  • Magic Strikes - Midnight Games (Curran POV #4)
  • Kate's Origin (Curran POV #6)
  • Naked Dinner (Curran POV #7)
  • Magic Bleeds - Conclave (Curran POV #8)
  • Magic Bleeds - Awake (Curran POV #9)
  • Prequel to Magic Shifts (Curran POV #10)
  • Curran (Curran POV #1-2)
“We were not finished yet, not even close. I could still smell her. I remembered what she felt like. What she tasted like. This wasn’t a casual sexual thing. This was a mating. I would have Kate as my mate. Whatever it took, no matter how long, she would be with me.” 26 likes
“Derek was telling her something about a hand in a box. It was a dead hand. Why the hell did he have to bring it to me right this second? Was it going anywhere?” 23 likes