Start by marking “Cursed Secrets” as Want to Read:
Cursed Secrets

Cursed Secrets

(Legacy of Secrets #1)

Ten years ago, Lia's life had been normal, until she witnessed a murder. Since then she's been plagued by reliving that horrible night in a dream. But that wasn't the worst of her problems. A force had awakened inside her, unleashing something so frightening, she couldn't bear being close to anyone. Until she met Christian. Intrigued by her power and the strange connection ...more
Paperback, First, 234 pages
Published February 1st 2012 by Lisa Logue

To ask other readers questions about Cursed Secrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cursed Secrets

Start your review of Cursed Secrets
Amber
Apr 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars!!

i actually won this book from the Goodreads giveaways and was so excited when i saw it in my mailbox. My roommate kept laughing at me because i was literally jumping up and down about the fact that it finally came in. and when i saw that lisa logue signed it, that just excited me even more and prompted about 5 more minutes of jumping. i'm a very expressive person. (thank you lisa!!)

anyways, i read it in one night because i could NOT put it down. i couldn't help myself from want
Suzette J.
Mar 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book on bookrix and enjoyed it so much, that I purchased the kindle version AND the paperback. The cover of this book is amazing and that's NOTHING compared to the excellent writing of this indie author. The intrigue, tension and suspense of the relationships make for an awesome read! I cannot wait for book 2! Thank you for the entertainment and kudos, Lisa! :)
Julie
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book. The whole series is a great adventure. I am amazed how Lisa can make fantasy characters seem more real than some people I know. I can't wait for more!
Myranda
Jan 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I went into reading this story with the previously published reviews in mind. I always look at reviews before purchasing a book but I try to have an open mind about what I may take from the book. That being said, here are my thoughts.

The leading lady was extremely relatable. I liked that she was in college because so many paranormal romance are of high schoolers or nearly middle aged adults. It made the story fresh. Even though the leading man happens to be of paranormal nature, he was not just
Andrea Heltsley
Jul 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
I wasn't sure what to expect going into this book. I got it as a promotional freebie on Amazon last week. I think having low expectations, I was really surprised at the quality of the story.

The mystery surrounding this book was excellent! I enjoyed trying to unravel the story and had a hard time putting it down. It wasn't until about 60% of the book was finished that the story unraveled and I was able to slow my pace.

Lia's life isn't what it seems. She is hiding a dangerous secret. People suspe
Sláinte Wanderlust
Jul 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: PR Fans, UF Fans, Paranormal fans
It is actually more like a 3.5 but i didn't want to mark it down so i went with 4 stars.

Cover - I prefer the kindle cover to the paper back, i am not sure why though.
Favorite Line - "For someone who is supposed to be a knight in shining armor, you're acting like an ass in aluminum foil."
Favorite Character - Lia

I found the book interesting. The characters were likable & easy to read, the dialog between them was believable. Lia wasn't particularly weak or strong she is a mixture of both, she ha
Dawn Liddle
When I first see this book I was very excited to read it, it has vampires, werewolves and magic what more could a girl want?
Unfortunately this book did nothing for me and I struggled to finish it. For me it took far too long to get into the story, it just went at such a slow pace that I got bored. By the time it started to pick up pace I was no longer interested what happened to the characters.
Will I be reading the rest of this series? Sadly no.

Wicked Reads Review Team
Sheila
Apr 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an amazing book. I fell in love with many of the characters at once. Christian, despises what he has become and feels he isn't worthy or love or even has the ability to love since he says he has no heart. Farthest from the truth, he has shown his love is totally unconditional for Adriala and would sacrifice everything for her. Adriala has had he world literally turned upside down and turned around but continues to grow and become stronger and stronger so that now she is truly something t ...more
Zoe
Jul 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one interesting story. I found it brilliantly detailed and gripping, with lots of twists and turns to keep it that way throughout too. My only little, tiny, tiny critisism was that Lia was a little bit "whiney". I did love Christians and Austins characters, they are very different and work well bouncing from each other. The writing style of chapter/character perspective really gives this story an extra element of deapth. Overall I really found myself enjoying the romance,friendhip,famiy ...more
Sandra
Aug 20, 2012 added it
Jesus... I read this book not so long ago, but today while organizing my kindle found it and wondered which book was this, so I opened it and sort of skimmed through it and still had no idea what it was about.
I have barely a few flashes of what I read, nothing really revealing, and I'm left wondering, just how good, or interesting, could it have been, if not too long after reading it I can't really recall its plot?
Carrie
Dec 26, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
Wow, I'm sad this book is over! I feel like it took a while for the dialogue to hit its stride. Now that it finally has, the book ends very abruptly! I wish it had a real ending. It made me feel like I was missing something.
✿✿Tammy Barton
May 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-reads
I really enjoyed this book and I do highly recommend it to those who enjoy paranormal.I was drawn in rather quickly and I will definitely be reading the rest of the books in this series and other books that this author writes..
Evey
Apr 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had no idea what to expect from this book, but now I'm hooked. The plot is different, the characters relatable since Lia is in her mid-twenties. Christian is enigmatic and Austin quite funny.
Cristina Riquelme
Interesting story and I do highly recommend it to those who enjoy paranormal books.
This book present us with lots intrigue, tension and suspense of the relationships make for an awesome read!!!
Crystal
I really love the story line. I couldn't read the book fast enough to find out what was going to happen. It is a different take for a paranormal book with a strong willed girl as the savor.
Janine Grondahl
Feb 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed it....
La Tay Minette
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Page turner!

I enjoyed this book and I look forward to reading the rest of the series.

Pro: was a page turner with some great characters. I love the friendship btwn Christian and Austin. I also really love Pops and can't wait to learn more about him.

Con: I personally wasnt a fan of the pacing of some of Christian and Lia's parts. There were times I felt like maybe I had missed something but when I reread, I saw I didn't. It doesn't kill the book bc it's still a great read. It may even just be my o
Kara Weaver
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read! I love the characters and the way Lisa has written the book! It's good-paced with twists and turns I had not expected! Definitely worth my time!
Wennie
Jun 06, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review of Cursed Secrets by Lisa Logue
Reviewer: Wennie Conedy
3 out of 5 stars

Cursed Secrets is the first book of the Legacy of Secrets Series. The title gives you an inkling of what this book is about. It’s all about what is kept from others. Set in a world of fiction where vampires, trolls, shamans, werewolves and other worldly beings reside, the book takes the reader into the realm of the mythical and is suitable for reading for all ages.
Cursed Secrets centres around Lia, a young woman who su
Mar 06, 2012
Christine
Jan 31, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please update/add cover to print 4 28 Oct 08, 2012 02:25PM
Lisa Logue has written everything from poetry and short stories to her breakout series, Legacy of Secrets and more. Originally from Long Island, NY, she now resides in Tennessee with her family including her husband, three sons and adorable pug, Frankie.

At the age of seven, Lisa began writing short stories depicting dramatic scenes of abusive relationships and murder/mysteries. After several calls

Legacy of Secrets (4 books)
  • Binding Secrets (Legacy of Secrets #2)
  • Fiery Secrets (Legacy of Secrets, #3)
  • Shattered Secrets (Legacy of Secrets, #4)