Start by marking “La isla del amor (Las Calhoun, #5)” as Want to Read:
La isla del amor (Las Calhoun, #5)

La isla del amor

(The Calhouns #5)

Megan O'Riley y su pequeño hijo habían hecho un largo viaje para llegar a Las Torres, el hogar de las Calhoun. Allí tendrían la oportunidad de empezar un nuevo capítulo en sus vidas. Decidida a ser fría como la brisa del Atlántico, Megan enterró sus pasiones y juró que nunca más dejaría que su corazón la llevara por el mal camino. Pero cuando el capitán de barco Nathaniel ...more
Published December 28th 2011 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about La isla del amor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about La isla del amor

fleurette
I am not a great fan of the star-crossed lovers and love at the first sight ideas and, as long as I love all books by Nora Roberts, I prefer her later ones. But this one is quite good for a category romance written in 90s.

There is not much to write about this book. It is very short, so the romance part is definitely undeveloped. I wish Nate and Megan have more time to get to know each other. But the characters are really likeable. I have already read some other books in this series, so I know th
Cindi
Apr 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is another book in the Calhoun series. Written so that I want there to be lots more Calhouns that she can write about. I know there are a few more in the series. Definitely wan to read them.
Janeva Bledsoe
Sep 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it. A fitting and exciting conclusion to the 5 book group. Read them all start to finish and you have the feeling of closure and happiness

Read it. Love it. And enjoy the excitement on every page. Nora Roberts scores big again, as she always does.
Xtntm
Dec 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
Technically neither Megan nor Nathaniel are Calhouns, I like the storytelling ---- simple yet entertaining because of all the other characters whom you've already gotten to know in the other books in this series, they are all here.
Jaime
Jul 24, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This final installment in the series was much more romance than mystery. At this point, the mystery of what happened to Bianca has been solved, her emeralds have been recovered, and the hotel has been finished and is opened. Megan, who is not a Calhoun sister, but a sister-in-law, and whose son shares a father with Suzanna’s children, has come to join the family and work at the hotel. This book tells her love story, with a few problems with her son’s father thrown in. It was a good epilogue to t ...more
Xiki71
Sep 22, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
Para pasar la tarde es un libro bastante completito. Eso sí, es un harlequín así que no esperéis grandes dramas. La serie en general es entretenida, más que otras de la misma autora editadas por Harlequin.
Cristina Aguado rodriguez
Me da pereza empezar una saga de Nora Roberts de hace tantos años, porque es cierto que si que se notan los años, la escritura, y dentro de la escritura, la descripción de los personajes, esas costumbres tan antiguas... Pero luego se compensa todo cuando te metes en la historia. Nora Roberts es la reina de novelas románticas, sobre todo de sagas familiares, tienes ganas de saber siempre más de ellos, y de esta manera estás conectado con todos a través de cada libro
Rita Kayla
Sep 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book as much as the others even if the mystery and the thief had ended in the previous one. Megan is a troubled woman.. and who could blame her after what she's been through? She had a bad experience at 17, the phase where a girl starts to become a woman. However, her bad experience gave her a gift, her son. And I would say it gave her 2 gifts, the other being Nate. Everything in a life leads somewhere and the things in her life, well, led her to him.
As for Nate, he had an abusive
Cruth
Author: Nora Roberts
First published: 1996
Length: ~200 pages
Setting: Contemporary, 1990s. Mount Desert Island off the coast of Maine.
Sex: Explicit.
Hero: ex-Merchant Sailor now co-owner of boat shop
Heroine: Accountant

Very much an addendum to the series, visiting with the new babies, seeing the relationships carrying on, tying up all the loose ends. Nicely paced and an easy romance.

The Calhouns:
Book 1 Courting Catherine - Trenton St. James and Catherine (CC) Calhoun
Book 2 A Man for Amanda - Amanda
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Not sure how Ms. Roberts uses her formula for siblings finding their mates over and over again. Yet each time, it still is endearing to me. I enjoyed this one. I think it's because Ms. Robert's siblings shows the good and some of the bad, yet at the end the family loyalty and unity wins. This is a fantasy I enjoy and wish could have happened for me. In the Calhouns, Megan who is related by marriage is still included in the "club". Nick was an okay guy and I'm glad they had their happily ever aft ...more
Maria
Aug 16, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
The fifth and last book of the Calhoun sisters. The whole book was like an epilogue, you found out how the other marriages had worked out. The book is full of babies and happy stories about The Resort (smartly named "The Resort", oh my...).
This book is about Megan, who is a sister-in-law, and her meeting the charismatic Nathaniel. And, no, it didnt work for me. It was tedious and very predictable. A pity really, because I liked the earlier books. Could be that the mystery story with finding the
Sandra
Idiota como só eu sou li este volume primeiro... que é nada mais, nada menos do que...

O ÚLTIMO DA SÉRIE

Retirando esta nabice minhá, só tenho a dizer que adorei este livro.
O que para mim é surpreendente, tratando-se um livro da Harlequin. Fico sempre com aquela sensação do gostei mas queria mais.
Cathy
I wasn't going to read this, because I wasn't particularly enamoured by Megan when we met her in one of the previous books, plus the mystery of the emeralds had already been solved.

But then I did. Call it unwillingness to leave a series unfinished, or just having no idea what to start next, but in any case, aunt Colleen showed up again which made this into a 2-star read. Everything else just failed to keep my attention for very long.
Marjo
2.5 stars, rounded down because of the secondary romance (she is far too good for that misogynistic, arrogant creep, imo). The first romance was okay, but I can't help but feel that in a effort to tie up this story to the original series, Ms Roberts tried too hard and tripped over the treads of her writing.
Carolyn
Mar 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-2015
Megan O'Riley and Nathaniel Fury's story. This the final book of the Calhoun series. Megan is Sloan O'Riley's sister. Sloan is married to Amanda Calhoun. She comes to join the family and be the Tower's Retreat's accountant. She meets Holt Bradford's friend and partner, Nathaniel Fury. Sparks fly.
Pam H
May 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: k, series, z2015, damaged-hunk, rsus
The Calhoun ladies rally around Megan who was left pregnant by the lout Suzanna had married. She moves to the island and finds love with a sea faring hero. Sweet and I like the way the author tied up the loose ends of the series - but once again - these men are magical because Megan was in love within days of meeting her man.
Tara Nichol
*spoiler alert*

Typical romance. Not too much mystery is this book. Any one else notice that Dumont's side wasn't finished? Aunt Colleen said she was going to do something about him and then it never stated what happened to him. The rest of the stories seem to come full circle but that part.
Juliewheatcox.Net
Sep 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the magical tone of this series. And Megan's story was a perfect closing with a promise of more love & more family in the future.
Shannon Murdoch-morris
This book seemed to go much more quickly than the rest of the series and was a really good way to end the series. Like all of Nora Roberts, it was well written with characters that by now are beloved. I would have liked to have seen what happened to Baxter, but other than that I am satisfied that the series is over now.
Kay
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Nora Roberts Calhoun series. What can you say? Such a great writer. Roberts has phenomenal character development in her books that she could have many on-going series. Very much enjoyed the story line in this book with the turns that were taken. Looking forward to rest of series.
Veronica
A very serviceable nineties category romance, although frankly I would have been more interested if the primary storyline had been the romance of dueling chefs Coco and Dutch, and Amanda and Nathaniel had been relegated to the B plot...
Annika
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Olin alguses veidi skeptiline selle osa suhtes, kuna see ainuke, kus nn peategelaseks ei ole üks õdedest. Samas autor suutis väga hästi kõik omavahel siduda. Selle raamatu panin oma pingejärjekorras neljandale kohale.
Kim Watson
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another good book

Great book! Enjoyed this one tremendously. Nora Roberts does it again! Can’t wait to start Year One. Already placed hold on Shelter in Place
Rita
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: calhoun-by-nora
I really enjoyed this series and if you like to read a romantic book with intrigue and mystery, this series is for you. It gets you out of your world and in the castle by the sea with them.
Alina Geambasu
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
O carte relaxanta, usurica. M-a surprins placut faptul ca am gasit aici doua povesti de dragoste: Megan si Nate; Cordelia( Coco) si Olandezul.
Connie53
Jul 01, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-read
5de deel van de Calhoun serie. Aardig maar voorspelbaar.
Rachel Anne
I had hoped there would have been much more from Fergus' perspective. The ending of the series was just meh for me
Sami
Nov 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Probably my favorite of the series, I just wish we knew what ended up happening with Baxter Dumont!
Ruth Ellen
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Totally Enjoyable

It is a totally enjoyable story about conscientious people with complicated backgrounds doing their best for loved ones and themselves.
Lindsay
It was ok, not one of her best, I still want to go and live in Nora Roberts land though!!!
  • The Sheik's Arranged Marriage (Desert Rogues, #2)
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • The Prince's Forbidden Virgin (The Royal House of Niroli #6)
  • A Callahan Carol
  • Sean's Reckoning (The Devaneys, #2)
  • Dial Emmy for Murder (Soap Opera Mystery, #2)
  • Maximum Exposure
  • Sweet Baby
  • Her Bodyguard (Bad Luck Brides Trilogy, #1)
  • The Lady Gambles (Copeland Sisters, #1)
  • Catch Me If You Can (New Orleans Trilogy, #1)
  • A Man to Die For (Undercover Cops, #2)
  • Expecting His Royal Baby (The Royal House of Niroli, #5)
  • The Sheikh's Rebellious Mistress (Sheikh Tycoons, #3)
  • Cherokee Thunder (Conard County, #2)

The Calhouns (5 books)
  • Courting Catherine (Calhouns #1)
  • A Man for Amanda (Calhouns #2)
  • For the Love of Lilah (Calhouns #3)
  • Suzanna's Surrender (Calhouns #4)
“Don't worry."... "We are right behind you."
"Notice," Lilah added with a smile, "the direction is behind.”
9 likes
“Grown-ups get lonely at night, and they like to have someone to sleep with. Like Mom and Daddy do. I have my bear," she continued, referring to her favorite stuffed animal. "So I don't get lonely.” 2 likes