Start by marking “The Lost Hero” as Want to Read:
The Lost Hero

The Lost Hero

(The Heroes of Olympus #1)

4.32  ·  Rating details ·  647,453 ratings  ·  22,486 reviews
“Tujuh Demigod akan menjawab panggilan.

Karena badai atau api dunia akan terjungkal—”

Tiga Demigod baru bergabung di perkemahan Blasteran.

Jason yang tidak bisa mengingat jati dirinya, Piper yang penuh misteri, dan Leo dengan kemampuan mekaniknya yang luar biasa.

Bersama-sama, ketiganya mengemban sebuah misi penyelamatan.

Misi yang juga akan mengungkap sebuah rahasia besar mer
Published January 2012 by Mizan Fantasi (first published October 12th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Lost Hero, please sign up.
Malcolm This also took me a long time, for me it pretty much took me two weeks, and I agree, it would be better for the characters to be first person like the…moreThis also took me a long time, for me it pretty much took me two weeks, and I agree, it would be better for the characters to be first person like the first series.(less)
LaShaun It's not a requirement to read the original Percy Jackson series to understand what's going on in the Heroes of Olympus series. In fact, it seems like…moreIt's not a requirement to read the original Percy Jackson series to understand what's going on in the Heroes of Olympus series. In fact, it seems like Rick made a point to make it easier for new readers to enjoy the series.

However, there are many references to events and characters from the original series, so it's definitely helpful to read them (not watch the movies - the movies are pretty different from the books).(less)

·  647,453 ratings  ·  22,486 reviews

Start your review of The Lost Hero
Sasha Alsberg
Oct 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5 stars!
Great book, I loved the Roman aspect to it and CANNOT WAIT to learn more about all the Roman stuff in the next book because I can already tell it's going to get CRAZYYYYYY!
Emma Giordano
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
Tell me why it took me NINE years to read this lmao

I'm so happy to be back in Rick Riordan's magical worlds and cannot wait to continue with this series.
Zoë
May 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Re-read in 2017 so I can FINALLY finish the rest of the series!

Original Review:
THAT ENDING WAS SOOO GOOD. I NEED THE NEXT BOOK ASAP PLEASE AND THANK YOU.
Nightshade
Jayson
(B+) 79% | Good
Notes: It treats memory as the primordial stew of personality: a precious, bubbling cistern of affection, anguish and intrigue.
Ana
Nov 24, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nobody
Probably SPOILER ALERT, but nothing you couldn't have figured out in the first few pages.

According to Goodreads, 97% of people liked it. But the 3% will rise!

Prepare yourself for the first yet negative review of this book.

I was so excited for this book to come out. But then I read it, and was very disappointed. Just to clarify, I LOVED the original Percy Jackson series. They were amazing. This, however, was not.

The characters were all Sues:

1. Piper's perfection. "I'M SO BEAUTIFUL BUT I MUST HIDE
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
”Cute, smart and violent. Jason wished he remembered having her as a girlfriend.”

Me too! A girlfriend like that sounds kinda awesome and Piper is as cool as they come! XD As are the two new boys in this series! I loved Jason Grace because he’s very sweet and a total badass hero and I adored Leo Valdez because... well because he’s Leo! *lol* That boy is damn funny but also so very skilled and if you ask me even more badass than Jason and this says quite something! Of all of those newly introduced
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
A one on one buddy read with my wonderful friend, Audrey =) Yay, finally got me a buddy =)

I liked this book more than the first few Percy books but I'm not sure I'm going to continue with either series. I will probably move on to Magnus.

I was telling a friend, I'm pretty sure what ruined Percy for me was watching the movies before reading the books. I don't even remember the second movie. I just know that while reading the books, any mention of the characters in the movie, I would cringe. I thi
Tina ➹ the girl who lives in Fandoms
4.5 Golden Stars

Then:
(previously on the Last Olympian)

You know you should read Percy Jackson & the Olympians FIRST, right!?
(I warned everywhere!)
don't read this part if you haven't read them or you will receive spoilers. (tip: skip to the first pic)

"Percy," Apollo said, "I wouldn't worry too much. The last Great Prophecy about you took almost seventy years to complete. This one may not even happen in your lifetime."

HA HA! Yeah! Sure!

(the Fates: LOL! who's gonna tell them?)

Now:
(view spoi
Brigid ✩
Well, I finished re-reading all the Percy Jackson & the Olympians books, so now I'm attempting to re-read all the Heroes of Olympus books as well––mostly because I wanted to refresh my memory before The Blood of Olympus comes out. After that, no more Percy Jackson ... *sobs*

So yeah, I've now finished re-reading this one––which was a good idea, because as I read it I realized I'd forgotten like 99% of what happened in it. I also think I liked it a lot better reading it the second time, probably b
Claudia Ramírez
Jan 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, hilarious-humor
THE ENDING. OMFG.
NReads
Aug 28, 2014 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
description

All of my friends seem to have read this series, and I want to start it so much, but I haven't read the Persy Jackson series yet.Can this series be read before Persy Jackson, or is this a prequel or a sequel. And if you have read this, any feedback?

~Tina~
Seven half-bloods shall answer the call,
To storm or fire the world must fall.
An oath to keep with a final breath,
And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death.

New prophecy. New characters. New adventure. Same, EPIC world!!!

Meet our new demigods; Jason, Piper and Leo.
Jason is the mystery in this trio, see he doesn't remember anything, not even who he is. A God has stolen his memories.
Piper has a secret, a terrible one that will only cause pain and suffering, but what other choice does she
Ahmed  Ejaz
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, full-lengths
I read almost of this book in a relax mood. But the ending! It was killer! Shocking! When I realised what actually happened and craving for more, the book ended!!😣😣 That was painful.

OVERVIEW
New characters are being introduced. Jason, Leo and Piper.
Jason has lost his memory. Finds himself in a school bus where Leo and Piper claim to be his friends. But he doesn't remember them. They get attacked by monsters but save by Annabeth and finally reach at the Camp Half-Blood.
Moreover Hera is bein
Darth J
I'll be honest, I liked this Roman series less than the Greek one for a number of reasons. One was their camp wasn't nearly as interesting as Camp Half-Blood. Another was that there was more of an emphasis on pairing up characters and I'm just not a fan of romance. I think another was knowing that I wouldn't get to see the rest of the stories on the big screen since Chris Columbus ruined what would have been a successful film franchise.

My biggest gripe is that Percy isn't even in this book. Does
sarah xoxo
my little sister lily and I are continuing our tradition of reading rick riordan's books together, so of course after finishing the Percy Jackson series we had to move along to The Lost Hero!

I really enjoyed it! I loved all the hints at the previous series, and cameos from our favourite characters. I was initially trepidatious about the introduction of new characters, because I had grown so attached to those in Percy Jackson. But I shouldn't have worried, because apparently uncle Rick can do no
Whitney Atkinson
If you have been around long enough to know my reviews for the original Percy Jackson series, you'd know that I wasn't the hugest fan. I thought it was veeeery juvenile, even for a series intended for middle schoolers, I was just very put off by the corniness of it. However, I finished that series because I wanted to read this one, which I hear is better. And it so is. I really enjoyed the three main characters. I felt that in this book, I could actually relate to them and understand their backs ...more
The Burning Rose (Jess)
2021: Can’t believe I gave a Rick Riordans book only 4 stars, but damn if this book wasn’t a little boring. Leo was the one who carried the plot in my opinion. Love him. Jason gets too much attention, he actually didn’t impress me in this book at all. Piper was... idk, boring? There’s something about her that bothers me, I just can’t put my finger on it. Anyway, I can’t wait to start the next book. I really missed Percy, it’s unbearable.

2016: What the actual fuck.
Okay, okay... I saw it coming.
may ❀

So, this is gonna be a quick review cause I forgot what happened and I don’t know how to write reviews anymore.

This is the first book in the Heroes of Olympus series which continues off from the Percy Jackson series. . . EXCEPT THIS TIME, we’re dealing with new characters.

So we got introduced to a number of new characters and a whole bunch of roman mythology ish. It’s great.

description

^^ Those are our three new demigods main characters and they’re pretty fabulous. Each of these characters are dealing with
Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller
Admittedly, I was a bit late to the Percy Jackson party. I ended up loving PJ enough to purchase hardcovers for all things Riordan, the set for Heroes of Olympus being among my favorite things on my shelves (so pretty!). However, it did take me a long while (5+ years) to get around to reading these, mostly because I was unaware it had anything to do with PJ until my best friend clued me in.

This series is not just a spinoff, it's a bonafide continuation with a mix of old and new characters! I def
peachygirl
Aug 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2020
Why did no one tell me this was gonna be so much more awesome than the first series???! I did not even think that was possible.

The plot gets 10 times more complex and writing is significantly better. This time the stakes are high, the entire world is in danger and heroes have to do all the saving. AGAIN.

I enjoyed the inclusion of Roman mythology in the story. Jason and Piper are pretty badass and they certainly havee better chemistry than Percy and Annabeth in my opinion. And Leo has the potent
Hailey (Hailey in Bookland)
I just love Rick Riordan. His writing is just so conversational yet eloquent, I really just can't even describe it.
I loved the new characters and mythology introduced in this book BUT, that being said, this book wasn't what I was expecting. I still loved it, but I feel like it is more of a companion to the Percy Jackson Series rather than a continuation, which is what I had heard it was. I still loved it though so don't yell at me!!!!!
Liam
Oct 22, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
( 3.7 STARS )

This was really great, it felt amazing to be back in Percy Jackson's world (despite the fact he wasn't in this one).

I loved the new characters and the new ideas within the plot! It didn't take me long to get attached to the new trio and I'm looking forward to going on more adventures with them in the future!

It was also really nice to see old characters and references to the Percy Jackson series, they were brought in nicely and worked really well!

The only thing that let this book do
Stephanie
Apr 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone and Everyone!
Shelves: favorites, 2010, 2011
Tears literally came to my eyes when I finished this book. I just loved it so much I wanted to cry. Riordan dives right into the story. There were a lot of questions of who everyone's parents were so Piper's godly parent surprised me but it I thought it was pretty cool. Jason's turned out to be what I expected but with a spin. And Leo's was pretty predictable but there is something very unique about him....

Riordan perfectly meshes Greek and Roman mythology. It's ingenious the way he does it. It'
Daria
Apr 16, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
So I finished this book in 8 hours of solid reading. Yes, even 400-something pages of Greek mythology take that long.

And the first thing which I should mention is that this book, and some others which have come before it and all those which will follow, have nothing going for them except for plot. Absolutely nothing. (Well, unless you count occasional hilarious one-liners on the side. I guess I should.)

Of course, we can't discuss this book without discussing the original Percy Jackson and the
Faith M ✨
This was my second time reading this book, but because I originally read it around the time of its release, 2010, when I was 11 year old, I didn't remember much about it. I only remember not really liking it at the time. I found the conflict to devalue Percy and company's journey and struggle. I found that the villain's motivations lacked profound themes, and had no character analogous to Luke. I missed the first person and the chapter headers. But most of all, I found that a book without Percy ...more
Stephanie *Eff your feelings*
Last weekend I drew a 12yr old girl named Ashley(I'm a caricature/portrait artist, for those who don't know). When you have a person in your chair, and they are staring back at you, you feel obligated to have a conversation. Over time you just get bored asking the same question over and over......and over. "what grade are you in?" "What do you do up there in Detroit?" "Is this your first visit to unnamed water park?" ect.

One thing I like to ask kids is "What is your favorite subject?" Nine times
Vathna
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Definitely my new favorite series! Too bad Percy's not here but I'm looking forward to seeing him in the next book. Jason, Pipper and Leo are the best although I kind of feel bad for Leo for always being the third wheel hahaha. He's actually my favorite out of the trio. He's literally the cutest character I've ever seen. ...more
may ➹
after a whole month of rereading gay books, the heterosexuality in this book is truly disconcerting

// buddy reread with ♻️
C.G. Drews
THIS? I LIKE. I had a rocky start to Riordan's first Percy Jackson series. I mean it was cute and quirky buuuuut...it lacked the punch. The Lost Hero had the PUNCH. The plot was way more complex and I loved being in 3 character's heads instead of just one. And the 3rd person? LOVED IT.

I'm being converted into a Riordan fangirl. #notevensad

So we have 3 POVs: Jason, Piper, and Leo. I was wary that it'd be another Annabeth/Percy/Grover trio BUT NOPE. Their personalities were completely different.
YA Buddy Readers'...: The Lost Hero (#1 The Heroes of Olympus) by Rick Riordan - Starting January 12th 2021 10 14 Jan 13, 2021 05:37PM
Festus or Blackjack? 86 171 Jan 09, 2021 04:50AM
Heroes of Olympus: The lost hero 64 5 Dec 11, 2020 12:49AM
Heroes of Olympus: NO STREAKS!!! 64 6 Dec 06, 2020 07:06AM
Create a Demigod 28 135 Oct 08, 2020 07:45PM

• Brainwalker
  • Descendants Junior Novel
  • One True King (The School for Good and Evil: The Camelot Years, #3)
  • The Poison Jungle (Wings of Fire, #13)
  • The Last Kids on Earth (Last Kids on Earth, #1)
  • The Beast Within (Villains, #2)
  • When You Reach Me
  • The Phantom Tollbooth
  • Comic Book for Blood of Olympus
  • The Son of Neptune: The Graphic Novel (The Heroes of Olympus: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1)
  • The Lost Hero: The Graphic Novel  (The Heroes of Olympus: The Graphic Novels, #1)
  • Wonder (Wonder, #1)
  • The Red Pyramid: The Graphic Novel (The Kane Chronicles: The Graphic Novels, #1)
  • The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes (The Hunger Games, #0)
  • The Heroes Of Olympus - The Complete Series [Boxed Set] [Newest Set]
  • The Throne of Fire: The Graphic Novel  (The Kane Chronicles: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • Una Historia de Ayer
Rick Riordan is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of many books, including the Percy Jackson series. You can follow him on Twitter and via his official website.

The Heroes of Olympus (5 books)
  • The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus, #2)
  • The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus, #3)
  • The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus, #4)
  • The Blood of Olympus (The Heroes of Olympus, #5)