Start by marking “Bitter Blood (The Morganville Vampires, #13)” as Want to Read:
Bitter Blood (The Morganville Vampires, #13)

Bitter Blood

(The Morganville Vampires #13)

For years, the human and vampire residents of Morganville, Texas, have managed to co-exist in peace. But now that the threat to the vampires has been defeated, the human residents are learning that the gravest danger they face is the enemy within…

Thanks to the eradication of the parasitic creatures known as the draug, the vampires of Morganville have been freed of their us
Paperback, UK, 538 pages
Published November 6th 2012 by Allison & Busby (first published October 24th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Bitter Blood, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Jodie (JCT) nope that was just creepy I mean don't get me wrong I love myrinn think he a brilliant character but see his as a crazy uncle figure then anything…morenope that was just creepy I mean don't get me wrong I love myrinn think he a brilliant character but see his as a crazy uncle figure then anything else. but that's just me (less)

Courtney ~ bookaholicsxoxo
Can't wait for this book. I seriously hope that in some way Rachel can bring in a love triangle with Clair, Shane, and Myrnin! Myrnin is my most favorite character please Rachel bring the drama!!!

A lot of people hate how this series isn't ending but I LOVE it. I never want it to end...I love the anticipation and waiting for the next one.

Also so people know that's Claire on the cover. it seems to always change to Claire to eve then maybe Claire and Shane or Michael
Abby
Jul 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cece
Mar 29, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
NNNOOOOOO!!!! Do you know how FREAKIN' long I've been waiting to finish reading these BLASTED AMAZING books!!! Then I learn I have to wait SEVEN more FREAKIN' MONTHS to read them all!!! WWHHHYY!!! Why do this to me!!! Why don't I learn my lesson and simply refuse to start a series that isn't complete!?! This is driving me batshit Fucking INSANE!!!!

Jackie
Mar 08, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
More Myrnin! :)

But good book. The ending... hmm, see where that goes.
Ferdy
Nov 11, 2012 rated it it was ok
Spoilers

Like the last few books in the series, the plot was dull and uninspired. It was the same old rubbish:

Claire moaned about something or other.
There was a new threat of some sort.
Vampires = Bad times.
Eve and Claire fangirled over Michael's fit body and beautiful face.
Michael brooded about being a vampire.
Amelie acted like a bitch.
Oliver acted like a bitch.
Shane bitched about the vampires and his twagic life.
Myrnin acted crazy and wore silly clothes.
There was a misunderstanding or two.
Micha
Taschima
Mar 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
How can I possibly explain how utterly awesome this book was? I devoured it. It had everything I was hoping for, which means it had Myrnin, Claire/Myrnin, Claire, Amelie, Amelie/Oliver, Eve, Eve/Michael, adventure, shocking events, constant danger... It was so nice getting to once again re visit these great characters... with the exception of Shane of course (I am an avid supporter of the "let's kill Shane" fan club; there's more of us than you think). Bitter Blood was pretty much Morganville on ...more
Becca
I like it, I love it, i want some more of it!!!! and I want this book to be out now!! Please! and Thank you.

I think how Rachel Caine plots this series could go on forever, it's just fantastic. Even though the plots may be repetitive but to me the character growth is just wonderful and how most of us seem sort of connected to the characters in some way (view spoiler)
Katrina
Apr 18, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I'm expecting more of Myrnin and Claire interactions! Myrnin. Myrnin. YUM
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
This is one of those books that I had started reading, then just started losing interest. So I take a little break from it. Okay a long break from it.

Finally, finally I get around to getting back to book series I really should catch up or finish. Morganville Vampires series is one of those.

So I read where I left off. Apparently I was halfway into the book when I last read it. This was one of my favorite vampire series. But it happens with long book series, that you start to not love it as much.
Amy Jacobs
Oct 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Oh Morganville, how I have missed you. This series is addictive and never fails at nonstop action and adventure. Please forgive me for being so vague in this review, but if I were to say to much it would give away so much of the story. We can't have all the secrets spilled like blood in one review!

Bitter Blood is again told from multiple POV's from all our favorite characters. The one that excited me the most was Myrnin though! We get to glimpse into his crazy mind and the author did a wonderful
Joan{missing the vampire bunny slippers!}
Oh this was kind of weird but good! :D
Morganville is finally moving towards some place and I like it. The characters are growing up and the grown ups are defined more clearly.
You can't read a Rachel Caine book and expect anything else than an action packed, intense and cleverly written plot. Bitter Blood delivered all those things and left me waiting for the next book one more time! There aren't many series that can keep readers hooked after that many sequels... So what's more to say?
I love the
Nicola
Finally gave in and ordered this online... I try to shop locally but the wait for them to get it in was KILLING me!

Can't wait to finally get my hands on it :D <3
Lorna
Book thirteen in Rachel Caine’s Morganville Vampire series didn’t disappoint, although it ended up being pretty dark. The evil Draug is gone, but of course there’s always something on tap in this vampire controlled town to keep us on the edge of our seats, and in turn, keep us enthralled. If you plan on reading this series, keep in mind there may be spoilers.

Morganville has been beaten down by the evil Draug that ended up killing quite a few of it’s residents, both human and vampire. Now that th
Connie Hebenton
Nov 26, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I found this book very disappointing. Even more so than the last one, which I found VERY DISAPPOINTING. This series is probably (here read definitely) a little immature for me to still be reading now, but I'm a little in love with Myrnin, so.....
I can't understand a lot of the rave reviews on here. To my mind, the series has been going steadily downhill for a few books, now.
With this latest installment, not only are there dismal plotholes which I would have thought it impossible for any reader
MISS VAIN
I'm very intrugued by the name........;)
Mitticus
reto 47: con un personaje excentrico ;)

La unica razon por la que sigo leyendo esta cosa, y saltandome en lo posible todos los pasajes con Shane -ug- es Myrnin.
Andrea
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-read, trash
This book made me so angry, especially the last half of it ugh. I just wanted to scream at the characters so much. The ghost aspect was very interesting and I hope it is explored more in the last two books. And idk if (view spoiler)
~Tina~
Bitter Blood is the thirteenth installment to the Morganville Vampire series. I wish I could say that I adored this just as much as I did the others, but I just can't. I found myself rather disappointed with this one. You don't know how hard it is to give this book a 3 star and not a 5 like the rest of them. Don't get me wrong, I didn't hate it and I still had a good time being in this world again, but it felt very off compared to the rest.

I can't quite place the why's but maybe it's cause it fe
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥

Find this review, plus more, on my blog: Booklikes OR Blogger

Basic Info

Format:
Audio
Pages/Length: Too long, too long.
Genre: Young Adult; Vampire
Reason For Reading: Continue series.

At A Glance

Total: 4

In Depth

Best Part:
Only a few books to go.
Worst Part: Claire, Shane, Oliver, pick one.
Though
Nicole
Apr 27, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
So I am not to fond of Miranda - don't ask me why. For real what is with the show coming to try to catch ghosts.....I don't think you will find them in Morganville lol. I still with Amelie would turn Claire into a vampire I would like to see that. I love seeing Michael and Eve finally trying to work thru things as husband and wife. They are the cutest couple. Except now it reminds me of the civil war - they're being treated as a "mixed" marriage. I mean come on Morganville....
Bella Roden
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yet another great book in this series, and one of the best vampire series out there. The story is fresh and original and the characters are developing even more, which I can’t believe since there are so many books. Some of the chapters are from Chara’s point of view which introduces another layer of understanding to the characters. You’re unsure of how the story’s going to go, whether it would go to Claire and Shane or Naomi, which keeps you hooked until the very end, and the cliff-hanger is typ ...more
All Things Urban Fantasy
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy See site review for similar titles

The blood hits the proverbial fan in BITTER BLOOD and the fallout makes it one of the most daring Morganville books to date. I’ve long had a number of ‘what if’ questions floating around in my head involving certain Morganville residents that I honestly never expected to actually happen, but Rachel Caine completely shocked me in BITTER BLOOD by letting not one, or two, but three HUGE game changing events play out (one
Savannah (Books With Bite)
It feels so good to be walking down the street of Morganville. The taste of the coffee, the blood mobiles driving by, it never ceases to amaze me of how quickly I fall into this series as if I never left. Meeting up with Claire and the glass gang once again, I adored every step in her shoes.

As always with vampires it's always a power play. It's no surprise that once again Morganville is under attack and this time it's happening all under the nose of Amelie. I have to admit that the plot of the s
Noella
Morganville appears to be back to normal but sadly this is not the case when Claire and the Glass House residents get a surprise in the mail: ID cards for the humans and gold cards for vampires giving them special privileges. Claire decides to take matters in her own hands and fight against the system but as always, the task is not easy.

Bitter Blood had many storylines going at once. A camera crew has entered Morganville and seeks content on ghosts for their TV show. Naomi is working b
Yodamom
Clare, the girls who seems to be the only one who can solve anything is fixing the vamp town again ! After the last book you would think the vamps would be gracious towards the humans. They would be moving forward to continue the vision for the town ? Nope, silly you, now they want to hunt them, control them, go backwards about 20 steps. She this barely legal girl out matches even the oldest vampire, with her massive brain power. WEll, she is smart in many ways except in her choice of men. Shane ...more
♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief i'm not actually mad!
I have to say i quiet enjoy this book, its been one of the better ones out of the last few.

Man the twist and turns in this book!!! i saw none of it coming!! with that Rachel has out done herself!! and thats one decent cliff hanger at the end. i wonder how she's going to do the next book???

well lets start off with claire - she was even MORE badass in this book than in the past! i know hard to believe but she's my hero, gotta love a nerdy chick who kicks ass with the best of them. ;)
Shane is not i
Cindy
Nov 12, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Is this the end? I kinda felt a little lost at the end of this book. Our delightful heroine Claire Danvers has always gone one step more than anyone to try to save the "victim" of either the vampire or human race. All she wants is peace. Not too much to ask of anyone but a Morganville townsperson. Now that other vampires/draug are defeated, it seems like a good time to rebuild the town and relationships between the humans and the vampires residing in Morganville. But when the Founder/Queen turns ...more
Nancy
As excited as I am for this book to be in my hands right now, I don't ever want this series to come to an end!

It takes a certain kind of diligence to keep a fandom interested for thirteen books-especially with the unfathomable amount of series popping out every so often-but to be able to still surprise a fandom after thirteen books belongs only to Rachel Caine.
Starting this book was like meeting some friends I hadn't seen in a while, and I savored every second of it, until we departed. Like meet
Cassandra
Why do I always read these so fast.So frekkn good dude!

Myrnin is still as awesome,crazy,funny as ever.And what the heck was that all about Myrnin?(view spoiler)EEEEPPP!I about died!I loved getting to read from his POV.

Claire and Shane are still so very sweet and cute together,but Shane you know how to piss me off,but you always seem to find a way to wiggle your way back in to my heart.You are on probation buddy-__-

Michael and Eve are married now and both sides,
Connie
Mar 09, 2014 rated it liked it
Source: I own this book.
Cost: 20p in a charity shop

Title: Bitter Blood
Series: The Morganville Vampires #13
Author: Rachel Caine
Overall Rating: 3 stars

When will this series return from war?

When will it's plot lines become good again?

When the characters stop making things unnecessarily harder for themselves?

Why is Michael a douche?

Why is Eve annoying?

Where is the series I used to love?

Please let book 14 be better, please let Claire stop being an irritating main character?

Thank you.
Crazy for Young A...: Bitter Blood (Morganville Vampires #13) by Rachel Caine → Start Date: June 6, 2014 23 79 Oct 16, 2016 03:00AM
Good YA Series: So..What do you think about the Morganville Vampire series? 3 34 May 21, 2014 09:43AM
Next Book? 5 59 Mar 30, 2014 01:36AM
Did anyone else.... 33 76 Aug 14, 2013 10:33PM
Myrinn and Claire *SPOILERS* 14 183 Apr 05, 2013 02:27PM
What do you think will happen?? 4 65 Jan 04, 2013 10:18AM
Morganville 6 50 Jan 04, 2013 10:07AM
  • Blood Forever (Blood Coven Vampire, #8)
  • Vanquished (Crusade, #3)
  • Blood Prophecy (Drake Chronicles, #6)
  • House Rules (Chicagoland Vampires, #7)
  • Eternal: More Love Stories with Bite
  • With All My Soul (Soul Screamers, #7)
  • Immortal Hearts (Vampire Kisses, #9)
  • Speed of Light (Fenestra, #3)
  • Out for Blood (House of Comarré, #4)
  • Foretold (The Demon Trappers, #4)
  • The Rise (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #3)
  • Covet (The Clann, #2)
  • Hunted (Vampire Beach, #6)
  • Blue-Blooded Vamp (Sabina Kane, #5)

The Morganville Vampires (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1)
  • The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires, #2)
  • Midnight Alley (The Morganville Vampires, #3)
  • Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires, #4)
  • Lord of Misrule (The Morganville Vampires, #5)
  • Carpe Corpus (The Morganville Vampires, #6)
  • Fade Out (The Morganville Vampires, #7)
  • Kiss of Death (The Morganville Vampires, #8)
  • Ghost Town (The Morganville Vampires, #9)
  • Bite Club (The Morganville Vampires, #10)
“--I lifted one foot from the brackish water, and the bunny slippers were soaked and drooped pathetically. Even the fangs seemed robbed of any charm.

"Don't worry," I told it. "Someone will pay for your suffering. Heavily. With screaming."

I felt I should repeat it for the other slipper, in case there should be any bad feelings between the two. One should never create tension between ones's footwear.

--POV is Myrnin, page 221”
90 likes
“Did you bring me a hamburger?
Did I-No,Myrnin,I didn't bring you a hamburger.Bizarre.He'd never asked for that before.
Coffee?
It's late.
Doughnuts?
What good are you then?”
43 likes