Start by marking “Yesterday's Gone: Episode 2 (Yesterday's Gone, #2)” as Want to Read:
Yesterday's Gone: Episode 2 (Yesterday's Gone, #2)

Yesterday's Gone: Episode 2 (Yesterday's Gone #2)

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  561 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
The post-apocalyptic serialized thriller continues with Yesterday's Gone: Episode 2, the second book in the Yesterday's Gone series.

On October 15 at 2:15 a.m. everyone on Earth vanished.

Well, almost everyone.

A scattered few woke alone in a world where there are no rules other than survival... at any cost.

A journalist wanders the wretched reality of an empty New York, in se
Published (first published August 21st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Yesterday's Gone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yesterday's Gone

Shovelmonkey1
Mar 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: conspiracy theorists and those with large fire arms collections
Recommended to Shovelmonkey1 by: kindle freeness and the reading of episode 1
Yesterdays gone and its not coming back and neither are all the people who vanished in the first book. Cheerfully this book is spread out over a large number of 100 page serialised chunkets so even if it is the end of the world and all the people who make the moving pictures spring into your telly box have also vanished, well, then you won't get too bored... yet.

The first part of this series introduces a group of characters who have all awoken on Planet Earth to find out that almost everybody h
Marvin
Mar 31, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
As we left our intrepid survivors, they just discovered that...

Wait!

You may have not read the first book yet. Let's just say they are in deep shit. This is episode two for the serial novel, Yesterday Gone, While it doesn't quite meet my criteria for four stars like the first installment did, it is still a tense and exciting tale. I wanted a little more explanation in part two on what is happening. I think the key to a good serial is to reveal at least one big thing in each part, but maybe the au
Koeur
Aug 10, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

Publisher: Collective Inkwell

Publishing Date: October 2013

ISBN: 1230000119964

Genre: SciFi

Rating: 2.0/5

Publisher Description:The survivors continue to piece together the puzzle of what happened and face horrifying new realities when they realize they’re not alone.

Review: This was a very dialogue heavy novel that lacked a depth of characterization due to the constantly changing venue. Additionally, the characters that you grow to like are killed off.

Read t
Soo
3.5 Stars for Narration & Story

Episode 2 gets the ball rolling and the various characters are figuring out the new, empty world. In some ways, the most interesting person is the killer because he's crazy and thinks lots of crazy stuff. Everyone else comes across as the Dad, Mom, daughter, old guy, angst ridden teen, etc. This is nice because it makes it easier to keep tabs on who is who and what they're doing.

Desmond is a mystery and he is number one on my radar. He's part of the action of
Mitchel M
I thought that this book was alright, compared to the first one. I thought it helped explain the story more than the first one, but I didn't like the book as much as the first one. I thought that the backstory of Charley's step-dad treating his mom the way he did was helpful in developing the character. I would recommend this book to people who like post-apocalyptic books, but the first one was better.
Aliybooks
Après avoir lu le premier épisode de cette première saison, je redoutais réellement cette lecture. J'avais peur d'être, une fois de plus, déçue et que ce roman ne soit pas à la hauteur de mes espérances. Même si ce n'est toujours pas le coup de cœur que j'attendais tant, cette suite est nettement meilleure que son prédécesseur !

L'histoire devient nettement plus intéressante à lire et beaucoup plus noire dans ce second volet. Une atmosphère très angoissante fait son apparition et plusieurs fois,
Denise
Dec 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As several other reviewers have noted, Platt & Wright have a brilliant marketing thing going on - offer the first two episodes free to get people hooked, and then many (like me) start buying the rest or adding them to wish lists.

Episode 2 continues the seemingly post-apocalyptic adventures of a random group of strangers who were left behind when the rest of the world disappeared. While following along with each individual story line is sometimes difficult, I'm finding it is an easier task no
Denim
Jul 19, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the book. I'm not sure if I'll continue. Killing Desmond did me in. Luca, Brent and Ed are the only characters I'm semi interested in seeing what happens to them but not if I have to pay for it. It's not any opinion on price. I'm not even sure what the price is. I'm just not invested enough anymore. I enjoyed the first season much more. This season I felt a lot more frustration with the characters mainly Mary. She had three people depending on her decision and successfully brought them ...more
Carl Timms
Mia
Seriously, what is even happening here? There are too many people to keep it straight in my head (not helped by the fact that everyone still sounds the same). I actually have to read a good couple of pages into a chapter before I click who the narrative is following.

Plus, nothing really seems to be happening. It's all well and good throwing out mysteries, but if you're not moving towards a goal where these mysteries are going to be answered then what's the point? What's the reader getting out of
Ron Smith
I was blown away with the first season, such a great read. Characters were developed really well, story was a constant cliffhanger. But the second season was more predictable, seemed safe. I didn't see the big risks as in the first and where I looked forward to coming home from work to read the first and stayed up way too late, reluctant to lay the story down, I didn't quite have the same hunger to chew up the second. It was good, just not great. I am not a fan of horror or shock type fiction bu ...more
Gerold Whittaker
Jun 17, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
The second of a series of 6 books (think episodes), each planned at 100 pages long. This book continues in the vein of book 1, the story continuing where book one left off.

It's still a little wierd - but good wierd - with talking trees and large areas of the ground uprooted, smokey "people" and a lot more.

The book ended far too soon for my liking and I will not be continuing with the series. I did enjoy Books 1 & 2, but I feel the individual books are too pricy seeing as you only get 100 pag
Donna
Apr 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
One of those, you have to remind yourself to eat while your reading it because your mind is so caught up in the story, you forget your basic living skills. Awesome series, the only problem that I have with the series is that each episode is short and pricey at 2.99 a piece with 11 episodes. Well worth the price if you can afford it, which I can not so I will have to settle for the first two free episodes. wonderful series so far.
Diane
Jun 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story has really picked up. I am intrigued not and will have to keep going. I am in a love hate relationship with the serial book thing. I like how it is in short increments because it fits easily into short periods of time to read. I hate how it is not one book though because I am ready to move to the next installment and have to get it! Each episode does not feel like an ending- they feel like you are right in the middle of something and need to move on with it.
Loretta
May 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had some reservations about this series at the beginning due to the odd format and the constant change in characters which was hard to follow. Now, however, after getting more familiar with the characters I have found myself really enjoying this story.

Again I cannot be sure how much I would enjoy this by actually reading it but listening to the amazing voice artists on the audio book is fantastic. More revelations, action and thrills ensue.

Kevin Dio
Feb 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: usa, science-fiction
Un second épisode toujours aussi bon ! On apprend à apprécier ou détester de plus en plus de personnages, et on commence à en apprendre un petit peu plus sur ce qui s'est passé... mais tout reste encore très flou et peu de réelle action pour l'instant ! Toujours aussi hâte de lire la suite et de voir ce qui va arriver à Ed, Luca, Mary, Brent...
Angela
I'm really enjoying this series and glad I stumbled across it on www.amazon.co.uk.
Good atmosphere and world building by our two authors and some genuinely creepy moments and elements incorporated. I love the different point-of-views throughout as well.
Karl Tybury
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This just gets more and more intriguing...

Each character is building beautifully full of secrets which makes you want to know more!!! The chapters end in perfect cliff hangers and the 'episode' ended with a nice bit of bait to chase after...

Next please!!!
Gwen
Feb 28, 2012 marked it as series-2-plus  ·  review of another edition
Episode 2
Megan
Feb 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yesterdays Gone: Episode One: Part 2

Someone needs to edit this title.
George
Jan 30, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Carried the story forward. It's okay for an end of the world novel. Kept you guessing.
Anne
Jul 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love Love Love this series!
Andrea
Aug 05, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: indie-pub, horror
Still enjoying these. It's hard to give them a rating when they aren't complete books though.
Mike Peditto
Just got bored. I dislike too many characters and have no plans for the rest of the series.
Daniel Willcocks
Jul 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not as strong as the first episode, but still plenty to make me want to continue.
Janet
Oct 18, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
bloody addicting.
Carole Meeter
Feb 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
really enjoying this series
RJ
Still a bit chaotic, but I'm determined to see if there's a story here. I feel the potential, but I'm not getting the goods.
James
Jan 23, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice set of diverse characters. The story line is building like the TV show "Lost". Looking forward to the next episode.
Theresa
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great sci-fi book! I loved it. I only had one complaint and it was language but I could overlook it in order to read it. Glad it did. I'm going to read the second one soon.
  • Dead Earth: The Green Dawn
  • Zombie Tales: Primrose Court Apt. 205
  • Primal Shift: Part 1
  • The Bialy Pimps
  • Sleepers (sleepers, #1)
  • Perspectives (LZR-1143, #2.5)
  • Year One (Living with the Dead #1-2)
  • On the Road (Life After War, #2)
  • Tight Little Stitches on a Dead Man's Back
  • Surviving the Fog (Surviving the Fog #1)
  • Starers
  • To Read or Not to Read
  • Air
  • Uprising (Deadlocked, #6)
  • A Taste of You
  • The Falsifier (Red Serpent, #1)
  • Half Past Midnight
  • Perigee
Sean loves writing books, even more than reading them. He is co-founder of Collective Inkwell and Realm & Sands imprints, writes for children under the name Guy Incognito, and has more than his share of nose.

Together with co-authors David Wright and Johnny B. Truant, Sean has written the series Yesterdays Gone, WhiteSpace, ForNevermore, Available Darkness, Dark Crossings, Unicorn Western, The
More about Sean Platt...

Yesterday's Gone (1 - 10 of 30 books)
  • Yesterday's Gone: Episode 1 (Yesterday's Gone, #1)
  • Yesterday's Gone: Episode 3 (Yesterday's Gone, #3)
  • Yesterday's Gone: Episode 4 (Yesterday's Gone, #4)
  • Yesterday's Gone: Episode 5 (Yesterday's Gone, #5)
  • Yesterday's Gone: Episode 6 (Yesterday's Gone, #6)
  • Yesterday’s Gone: Episode 7 (Yesterday's Gone, #7)
  • Yesterday's Gone: Episode 8 (Yesterday's Gone, #8)
  • Yesterday's Gone: Episode 9 (Yesterday's Gone, #9)
  • Yesterday's Gone: Episode 10 (Yesterday's Gone, #10)
  • Yesterday's Gone: Episode 11 (Yesterday's Gone, #11)