Start by marking “The Lady and the Warrior” as Want to Read:
The Lady and the Warrior

The Lady and the Warrior

3.47  ·  Rating details ·  81 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
(Short Story) An abused young wife stranded in the Alleghenies in 1783 is rescued from drowning by a rugged frontiersman who shows her kindness and passion. But is he more than he seems? And can they ever be together?
Published February 26th 2012 by Beth Trissel

To ask other readers questions about The Lady and the Warrior, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lady and the Warrior

Maeve Greyson
Mar 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this short read. It's a delightful sample of Beth Trissel's talented writing and a wonderful escape into the past.
Bookish Indulgenges with b00k r3vi3ws
This is my first time reading Beth Trissel's work and so I had very little idea about what to expect. Also, this is a Short Story. I think it is a perfect choice for someone like me to get a taste of an author's writing style.

Its about 18 pages and so a very quick read. Its perfect for your lunch/tea breaks and also for a change in between two novels.

The storyline could be tagged as 'stereotype' - since its all about a girl in trouble, a tall-dark-handsome guy coming to her rescue and them falli
Norma Budden
Jan 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this introduction to Beth Trissel's writing and became interested in the story and characters immediately. It contains a lot of depth for such a short piece of writing and I, for one, am impressed. I will read other works by this author in the future.
Cathie
Mar 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful, warm short story showcasing Beth Trissel's evocative writing style. Fast paced and full of emotion. Short but very sweet.
Filippa
Feb 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
A short novel. Good build-up of events and a very sweet love scene at the end. There were a few cheesy bits though, especially the last paragraph. It should have been a little bit longer.
Tricia Schneider
This is a charming short story! Sweet and tender. With vivid imagery and detail. Very enjoyable!
Nicoley Turner
Feb 27, 2017
Delanie
Apr 22, 2014
Tamera
rated it did not like it
Jan 02, 2016
Jul 19, 2013
Megan
Jun 08, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
Married to my high school sweetheart, I live on a farm in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia with my human family and furbabies. An avid gardener, I grow herbs and heirloom flowers and use them in my stories. The rich history of Virginia, the Native Americans (especially the Shawnee), and the Scots-Irish are at the heart of my inspiration. My English, Scottish, and Scots-Irish ancestors were among ...more
More about Beth Trissel...