Start by marking “Leopard Moon (Moon, #1)” as Want to Read:
Leopard Moon (Moon, #1)

Leopard Moon

(Moon #1)

How do you disappear when you come from a family of predators?

A wereleopard, Kess is forced to flee her home and family in Miami once her brother's obsession with her turns violent. She runs from city to city, trying to stay one step ahead of the investigators her family has dispatched to bring her home. Kess ends up in the mountains of North Carolina and attra
Published March 4th 2012 by Jeanette Battista

To ask other readers questions about Leopard Moon, please sign up.

Taschima
Mar 16, 2012 marked it as to-read
Looking at summary...

Eeeks, the brother? What's he gonna do? Mate with her? Please don't tell me he is trying to mate with her...
Desiree
Mar 19, 2012 marked it as to-read
Two things come to mind when I see this book cover.
1)Really? Are they fucking serious? Did they really think that no one would make the connection between this and Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate ?
2) Are those her boobs on her back?
Emilija
Listen up my bitchin' peeps! And listen good.

Despite this god awful cover with the bland colours, the overused idea of a girl in a dress and some serious spinal mutation for the girl, this book was actually good. Like, not even the really good sort of book but ZOMG WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE type of good.

I’ve read this book a while ago, but it stuck with me. It’s that good. I was so surprised when I started reading it and found out that this book wasn’t a carbon copy of othe
Diantha Jones
Jun 20, 2012 rated it it was ok
Leopard Moon was an average YA novel with an average plot and just average characters, except for one character in particular. The writing was simple and unexaggerated and the storyline was less than thrilling. That said, I made it to the end of the book and that should count for something.

Kess, the main character, sometimes made me want to throw up. She was so self-pitying sometimes and the fact that she hated herself and stated so several times throughout the book almost made me want t
Deedee
Jan 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
Such a good read. I was a bit sceptic at first than I read the first chapter on amazon and I knew i had to finish reading it. It was so good, it kept me so engrossed that I felt like I was in the story.

Okay the story: Kess Saroyan is wereleopard running away from her brother and father's private investigators. After almost being caught in California, she fleed towards the east landing in North Carolina. Where she make plans to rebuild her money before her father and brother can catch
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
I'm really glad I signed up to review this for Bitten by Books. It was very good. I love shifter romance and I like that this is on the clean side. Even without love scenes, I felt the bond between Kess and Cormac and this was really intense. The shifting aspect was very well done. I look forward to reading the rest of this series.

Reviewed for Bitten by Books. http://bittenbybooks.com.
Nicole
Mar 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I'm a big fan of strong female leads and Kess doesn't disappoint. She's tough and badass but just fallible enough to remain believable. It would be easy to insert yourself into her character... if you also morphed into leopard form.

Cormac, her eventual guy, and his two buds/cousins are rowdy and fun. They're actually werewolves but they're nothing like tales past. The werewolf clan was enjoyable to read about and you can see why Kess liked him/them as well.

Sek, the brothe
Emily
When wereleopard Kess is attacked by her own brother, she flees knowing she is no longer safe in her home. Heading from one town to another hoping not to be captured, Kess never feels she can truly relax. When she arrives in the mountains of North Carolina, she feels at ease at least for a little while.

Meeting Cormac was not in her plans, but his tenacity with wanting to get to know her has her wishing she could act on her feelings. Cormac is not all that he seems though and once he realizes Ke
Joy
No offense but.. the only reason I clicked the book is because of the cover. You know, Fallen. Very familiar. I just wanted to see, I mean read other people's opinion on the similarity.

But here I am, wanting to read the book after reading the synopsis.

April 21, 2013

Know what? I'm actually glad this book has a similar cover with Fallen because it wouldn't have caught my interest if it didn't. Great job Battista! You totally threw me off! This piece was totally
Teigan
Apr 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Shapeshifters and a romance? Hell yeahhhhhhh.

The story held a lot of potential to be great-- there are clans, there are packs, there are tensions rising and threats on the horizon. But ultimately, Leopard Moon was very limited in scope and played out more as a thriller romance than a kick-ass urban fantasy like I wanted and expected.

Don't get me wrong. I loved Cormac, totally book boyfriend material and the sweetest cinnamon roll. The romance developed slightly fast although I genuinely enjoyed th
K. Lincoln
Apr 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
When I first saw this, I thought to myself "Oh, no, not another were-creature girl rebelling against authority and striking out on her own!"

But when I started reading, it was nothing like Barnes' "Raised by Wolves" or Rachel Vincent's "Stray." It reminded me more of the quiet, dwelling on relationships and feelings-of-becoming of Maggie Stiefvater's "Shiver" than the tough-as-nails werewolves of those other books.

I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed this take
Lorna
May 18, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal, shifters
I really do enjoy a good shifter story. Doesn’t really matter what kind of shifter either. The premise of leopard shifters, sold me on reading this one. This book features a seventeen year old girl, Kess, and nineteen year old boy, Cormac. However I wouldn’t considerate it a true YA book-perhaps ages 16 up would be more appropriate due to some of the subject matter and violence.

Kess has run away from her family and leopard clan. The reason? Her crazy brother’s decision that leopards
Paranormal Reads
May 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I have to say what drew me to want to find out more about this book was the cover, it is absolutely stunning, I think the fact that you are unable to see the face of the girl makes it all more intriguing because you just want to know who that girl is, and why does it seem that she is hiding from something, or in the case of our main female, running from. After reading the synopsis I was hooked, I HAD to read this book. After the first few pages I was mesmerized because I couldn’t put it down, I ...more
Radiant
Jun 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
I was on werewolf Spree..when i read this book..it was definitely an interesting read!
Kess is running away from her family,her wereleopard pack and especially her brother Sek..whose only aim is continuation of pack with pure blood even if it crosses limits..
Kess founds herself running and finally settling in a town..where she meets cormac..a werewolf..though their both nature are against ...they both fall for eachother.
Kess founds the love,security,safety in cormac n his pack a
Hbeebti
Jan 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies, young-adult
This was very interesting. I have to say that I loved that Kess's brother Sek has a POV. He was so unstable that it made reading his thoughts very interesting. Kess left her clan because of her older brother Sek. Sek is not right in the head and thinks that he is in love with her and one night tries to force himself on her. So fought him and escaped and has been on the run for a little over a year.

I think this story was faced paced and at times sweet but with a hint of madness. I lov
Jessica
Mar 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. Ms. Battista is an amazing author about were/shifters.

Kess was a very likable, strong character. You wanted her to find a new life and escape the Hell she lived with in her family's were-leopard home.
I am not sure if I will continue, because I see that the next book is about someone else. But later Kess comes back into the picture and I don't want to get too wrapped up in all other people's business if I only care about Kess' life. We shall see though.
Megan
Apr 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my new favourite series!! I loved, loved, loved this book! The story is about Kess, a wereleopard, who is forced to flee her home and family in Miami once her brother’s obsession with her turns violent. I loved Kess. I loved Cormac. Cormac is perfect, if he was real I would want him to be my boyfriend! I cannot wait to read the next one!
Jeff Briel
There's something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori that cover. *hint hint*

Whatever, I'll try to read this one tho :D
I
Feb 28, 2015 rated it liked it
I absolutely loved reading this book.This is book is very good and the series also is good.

Its a damn 'Goodread'.
Holly
May 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another freebie I got from Amazon's Kindle list that ended up hooking me! Now on book 2 in the series! This author is very talented!
Leigh Anne
Mar 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Great spin on the werecreature tales. I liked the mix of all the different animals used as weres in this book. I look forward to the next book in the series.
Alicia Huxtable
Oct 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable first in this series. It's hard to find a shifter book that differs from the rest but Leopard Moon did just that.
Lorrie
I like that there were different were creatures instead of just wolves. The book was good - it didn't wow me or anything, but it held my interest
Nikki
Sep 30, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not A Bad YA Shifter Series

I haven't read a lot of shifter books recently, and I've had this one a while so I thought I'd give it a go. I was pleasantly surprised by the fact I rather enjoyed it.

For me, the characters were well written and the world in which it took place was set up well. I found the lead male and female strong characters, if not a bit young to be so mature. The book was written from three different POV's, which worked really well, especially since Sek was in Miam
Alicyn
May 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Zena L. Anderson
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Captivating

Captivatingly different switch on a young finding oneseljf storyline. Decent character development. Lighthearted romance discovery while running from and breaking ties with family issues. Mostly from a feline perspective with some canine perspective sprinkled on top. Once I started I couldn't put it down and finished it in a couple of days. Looking forward to the next book in this series to see how things continue to unfold.
Lana
May 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books
Shape Shifters

Was a good read. I enjoyed the characters and the names the author gave to the characters. The only thing I would like to see is more care taken in sentencing. Books are coming out with little to know care about proofing and sentence structure. Please pay more attention to such details
Stevie Thomas
Jan 27, 2019 rated it liked it
This was okay: not poorly written and very well imagined. I liked the spin on were-creature fantasy. Was definitely a shot-in-the-dark, filler book for me but it was pleasant if not immensely engaging or adrenaline rush inducing.
Myra Espino
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Leopard Moon

The story is good and the characters are interesting. It's not as intense but it's ok. Cormac and Kess chemistry is ok but lack more intense feeling. But overall the story is good
Tamara
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Leopard

Well written and entertaining. Just missing something not a bad book just not for me I hope you enjoy it
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Cover 2 10 Apr 14, 2014 05:09PM
Leopard Moon and Kindle (Sub par editing?) 2 12 Jan 24, 2013 09:46AM

• Walking Wolf Road (The Wolf Road Chronicles, #1)
  • Blood of the Wolf (Wolves of Black River, #2)
  • Eden-West (Eden, #2)
  • Neophyte
  • Werewolf Rage (Taming the Wolf, #2)
  • Shadow Kissed: Dimitri's POV (Vampire Academy, #3.1)
  • The Scarred Prince (The Wolf's Pet, # 1)
  • Blood Bond (Dirty Blood, #3)
  • Temptation (Journal of the Wolves of Spruce Hollow, #1)
  • Seducing the Dragon: Part 1 (Stonefire Dragons, #2 part 1 of 4)
  • Launch the Hunt (Grizzly Rim #1)
  • A Strange Fire (Florence Vaine, #1)
  • All I Want For Christmas is a Werewolf (Changeling Encounters, #3)
  • Her Billionaire Alpha (Moon Pack Rules #2)
  • Resisting The Alpha (The Crane Curse, #2)
  • Just a Dream (Carolina Pack, #1)
  • SelfSame
  • Blood Moon (Howl #2)
Jeanette Battista graduated with an English degree with a concentration in medieval literature which explains her possibly unhealthy fixation on edged weapons and cathedral architecture. She spent a summer in England and Scotland studying the historical King Arthur, which did nothing to curb her obsession. To satisfy her adrenaline cravings—since sword fighting is not widely accepted in these mode ...more

Moon (4 books)
  • Jackal Moon (Moon, #2)
  • Hyena Moon (Moon, #3)
  • Hunter Moon (Moon, #4)
“Cormac smiled at her, but it was Finn who spoke. "Can I ask you a question?"
"Sure."
He leaned forward conspiratorially. "So, if I gave you some catnip would you act all weird and stoned?"
"I don't know. If I throw a stick, will you fetch?" She smiled sweetly at Cormac's cousin.
Burke made a choking noise, covering a laugh with his hand. Finn screwed up his face, as if in disgust. "Dude. I am NOT a dog."
"And I’m not a pampered house cat.”
21 likes
“You don't need to throw something away just because you're afraid of how it might turn out.” 7 likes