Start by marking “Act of Terror (Jericho Quinn, #2)” as Want to Read:
Act of Terror (Jericho Quinn, #2)

Act of Terror

(Jericho Quinn #2)

Warning: The next attack on American soil will come from within.

From coast to coast, our nation is witnessing a new wave of terror. Suicide bombers incite blind panic and paralyzing fear. A flight attendant tries to crash an airliner. A police officer opens fire on fans in a stadium. And at CIA headquarters, a Deputy Director goes on a murderous rampage. The perpetrators
Mass Market Paperback, 456 pages
Published May 1st 2012 by Kensington Publishing Corp.

To ask other readers questions about Act of Terror, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Act of Terror

Start your review of Act of Terror (Jericho Quinn, #2)
A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)
4.5

Book source ~ Arc. My review is voluntary and honest.

Enter a setting that could be all too real: home-grown terrorists are staging attacks all over America. When an attack happens inside CIA HQ, the most important question now becomes how? How did they pass all the background checks? If they can figure that out then they may be able to stop the terrorist cell once and for all. When the government needs answers and they need them right damn now, they call Jericho Quinn. Because sometimes only
Dave
Apr 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 * rounded up perhaps, although it does ring the silliness bell quite often ;-)
Hilary
May 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Reading about Jericho Quinn reminds of when I first started reading the Jack Reacher (Lee Childs) books. I couldn't put them down. I gobbled them up like a handful of M&Ms, and loved every exciting moment of them. (some of the more recent ones haven't been quite up to standard, but the beginning of the series is truly amazing)

This book picked up right where the first one left off. Our hero is trying to protect his family when he is attacked at home. Turns out there are now two groups after
Aaron Cochrill
Feb 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Finally a series that I am reading in order. Cameron continued the 0-60 mph journey by starting right at 60 on this one. The stories continues to evolve and Jericho has a great many demons that he has to work through making him relatable and believable. I find myself thinking there has to be a badass like him out in the world with the same every guy background. This is another quick pace story with all sorts of weapons and your usual assortment of villain's.
L.A. Starks
Sep 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another great thriller from Cameron in the tradition of Vince Flynn, tho higher body count.
Ben Clark
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
These books keep getting better.
Love the series!
Sullyaugustine
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
2 stars out of 5 - I listened to this on a playaway during my evening walks over the past couple of weeks. It held my interest, but got so farfetched at times that it had me shaking my head and mumbling to myself. Fortunately many people seem to be talking to themselves these days, and even the sight of someone gesticulating wildly at the empty space around them no longer prompts discreet glances to identify paths of potential retreat.
Dave Schultz
May 01, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: thriller
I was fortunate enough to win this book from goodreads. I read Cameron's first book, National Security and I enjoyed it. Act of Terror was also enjoyable bur at times a little too much over the top. At certain points the timing was impossible in real life. Don't get me wrong I recommend this book to fans of the political thriller genre and I will be reading future novels from the author. With that said I wouldn't recommend this novel to introduce someone to the genre. for that you need to give ...more
Jim A
Mar 26, 2013 rated it liked it
Not a bad read. A little of Nelson DeMille's Charm School and a little borrowed from The Manchurian Candidate.

Very fast paced and plenty of action. The first chapter or so is a continuation of Cameron's National Security but then moves almost seamlessly into the new plots and sub plots.

Fans of Vince Flynn, Alex Berenson and other writers of political/military/CIA thrillers will enjoy this, I think.
George
Dec 28, 2016 rated it did not like it
Jericho Quinn and I just don't get along. I've tried and restarted this book twice, but I just can't get into the plot or the characters. Like his first book, the theme is intriguing, but it gets lost in the minutiae of technical details,and flat characters. And, where is that plot going? No more Marc Cameron for me.
Larry
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I only discovered Marc Cameron when reading his "Tom Clancy: Power and Empire". Enjoying it, I searched for more of his work and found the Jericho Quinn series. Fingers crossed, I decided to read them in order - and so far, so good.

Quinn works for an OJA ("Other Governmental Agency") and while an educated man, is basically a 'blunt instrument' and a protector of the citizens of the US - especially, by necessity, his own family. This is #2 and picks up a few months after the prior novel. Are
Alex Ander
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
With a lot of action to keep me turning pages, Act of Terror was better than Marc Cameron's first book in the series, which I also enjoyed. I think I'm getting to know the main characters, and that made this novel much more enjoyable.

Also appreciated is the lack of vulgarity in Mr. Cameron's work. Yes, there is mild cussing, but I don't believe I was 'F-bombed' in this story or the first one, National Security. And there have been NO graphic sex scenes. Two pluses!

Since there are several more
David A. Johnson
This is my second Marc Cameron book in the Jericho Quinn series. I find his tales exciting, riveting, and above all, well-written. He spins high action and drama in a flow that satisfies your need to get to the next phase of the story directly. He never bores you or keeps you waiting. Jericho Quinn is a true action hero who never fails. The dialog and plot subsections are unique and entertaining. This is a series that makes you feel "right" at the end. I hate books that leave me feeling that ...more
Curtis Edmonds
Jul 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Utterly preposterous thriller that blithely ignores any issues of space or time that can be simply dispensed with, while spending absolute gobs of time obsessing about the main character’s motorcycle gear. Readable, and overpopulated with psychopathic bad guys on every page, but ACT OF TERROR takes one too many shortcuts and indulges in too many coincidences to be worthwhile.
Rick
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: action
The 2nd book of Jericho Quinn and his reluctant decision to fight terrorism. On one hand he has his family on the other hand, when they attack the family, the decision is easy to make. Some globe-trotting and deep, deep covert terrorists. This is another great read by Cameron. Can't wait to read the next one.
Creeker868
May 26, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
Enjoyable quick read. If you like Vince Flynn will probably enjoy. Nothing original main character the best of the best, first wife can't handle things, world at risk, only Jericho Quinn and his compatriots can avert disaster. If you like this premise you will probably enjoy the book.
Oblio
Apr 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: thriller
Once again giving 3.5 stars, the extra half for telling a story not overpowered with profanity. This book is similar to the first in the series, with really tough, Jericho Quinn et al, facing impossible odds which if not dealt with mean the end of life as we know it.
craig hurdle
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read

I gave it a five
Was a good book to read
Jericho Quinn stopping a terrorists strike on America
Marc Cameron is a good author his books are good reads
Plenty of action and suspence
Marcee Kutner
Nov 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hang on for the Ride

Cameron develops his main characters by weaving connections from the first Jericho Quinn book into his next book. Traveling the globe, Quinn is a super hero facing evil at every turn. A fun, fast paced thriller.
D. Norman
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great ride. Some of the plotting is a little silly and there were a couple of factual errors about car horns and digital photo metadata that had only a minor effect on the plot. A fun quick read.
Lynn K Mooney
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A cruel book and scenario ...

I think it was not made up but contained substantial truth as to how it really is in the mid eastern countries and hinterlands. They are barbarians.
Curt
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I think I'm officially hooked on this author and the Jericho Quinn character. It's time for me to download the next one ...
Rich Alderete
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Marc Cameron

A great book. Will continue reading the Jericho Quinn series. Keep them coming. I never tire reading great action books.
Joseph
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great book by Marc Cameron! Great plot and great characters! Looking forward to reading the next one.
Theodore M. Cole
A total thriller

There is a lot of great action in this one. It is written so various pieces come together nicely. I very much enjoyed it.
Victoria
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was absolutely thrilling! I couldn’t put it down! Each page had so much action. Makes you wonder though...if it might be true.
Greer Andjanetta
Jan 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Still another American superhero who survives life-threatening situations to slaughter the evil Muslims and save his country. Lots of action so mildly entertaining.
David Barnes
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun and enjoyable. Action packed
Gary Graves
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very good book
Bobbie
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was better than the first Marc Cameron book I read, National Security. In this edition Jericho Quinn is more of the type of protagonist I like
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Tom Clancy Enemy Contact
  • Red Metal
  • Silent Assassin (Dan Morgan, #2)
  • Mission Critical (Gray Man, #8)
  • Termination Orders (Dan Morgan, #1)
  • Twelve Hours (Dan Morgan #3.5)
  • The Russian (Rob Tacoma #1)
  • Backlash (Scott Harvath, #19)
  • Drone Command (Troy Pearce #3)
  • The Polaris Protocol (Pike Logan, #5)
  • Daughter of War (Pike Logan, #13)
  • Line of Sight (Jack Ryan Universe, #25)
  • The Infiltrator (Pike Logan #11.5)
  • Blue Warrior (Troy Pearce #2)
  • Dark Territory (Dan Morgan #5.5)
  • Lethal Agent (Mitch Rapp #18)
  • Arch Enemy (Dan Morgan #4)
  • No Fortunate Son (Pike Logan, #7)
A native of Texas, Marc Cameron is a retired Chief Deputy US Marshal who spent nearly thirty years in law enforcement. His assignments have taken him from rural Alaska to Manhattan, from Canada to Mexico and points in between. A second degree black belt in jujitsu, he often teaches defensive tactics to other law enforcement agencies and civilian groups. Cameron lives in Alaska with his wife and ...more

Jericho Quinn (8 books)
  • National Security (Jericho Quinn, #1)
  • State of Emergency (Jericho Quinn, #3)
  • Time of Attack (Jericho Quinn, #4)
  • Day Zero (Jericho Quinn, #5)
  • Brute Force (Jericho Quinn, #6)
  • Field of Fire (Jericho Quinn, #7)
  • Active Measures (Jericho Quinn #8)
“When two tigers fight, one is injured beyond repair—and the other one is dead.” 2 likes
“When someone asked him why he rode, he often told them, “The same reason a dog sticks its head out the window of a moving car.” 0 likes