Start by marking “Act of Terror (Jericho Quinn, #2)” as Want to Read:
Act of Terror (Jericho Quinn, #2)

Act of Terror

(Jericho Quinn #2)

Warning: The next attack on American soil will come from within.

From coast to coast, our nation is witnessing a new wave of terror. Suicide bombers incite blind panic and paralyzing fear. A flight attendant tries to crash an airliner. A police officer opens fire on fans in a stadium. And at CIA headquarters, a Deputy Director goes on a murderous rampage. The perpetrators a
Mass Market Paperback, 456 pages
Published May 1st 2012 by Kensington Publishing Corp.

Start your review of Act of Terror (Jericho Quinn, #2)
Chris (Nuke/Norseman) Miller
Sep 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Scott A. Miller
Jul 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Only because it got a little slow for a short time, but the competition in this genre is tough.

Quinn and company were excellent and the thrilling mystery was too. Cameron has potential to be one of the best. There is a sense of realism to his work, very little is so outlandish as to be unbelievable. The secondary characters like Mrs. Myaghi are great too. Bring on the next one!
L.A. Starks
Sep 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another great thriller from Cameron in the tradition of Vince Flynn, tho higher body count.
Dave
Apr 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 * rounded up perhaps, although it does ring the silliness bell quite often ;-)
A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)
4.5

Book source ~ Arc. My review is voluntary and honest.

Enter a setting that could be all too real: home-grown terrorists are staging attacks all over America. When an attack happens inside CIA HQ, the most important question now becomes how? How did they pass all the background checks? If they can figure that out then they may be able to stop the terrorist cell once and for all. When the government needs answers and they need them right damn now, they call Jericho Quinn. Because sometimes only
Brent
Feb 28, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had never read this series before, but I found this a pretty solid entry into the action thriller genre. I'd put Jericho Quinn behind my other favorites like Rapp and Harvath and Gentry, but I'll probably cone back to this series.
Hilary
May 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Reading about Jericho Quinn reminds of when I first started reading the Jack Reacher (Lee Childs) books. I couldn't put them down. I gobbled them up like a handful of M&Ms, and loved every exciting moment of them. (some of the more recent ones haven't been quite up to standard, but the beginning of the series is truly amazing)

This book picked up right where the first one left off. Our hero is trying to protect his family when he is attacked at home. Turns out there are now two groups after him.
Aaron Cochrill
Feb 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Finally a series that I am reading in order. Cameron continued the 0-60 mph journey by starting right at 60 on this one. The stories continues to evolve and Jericho has a great many demons that he has to work through making him relatable and believable. I find myself thinking there has to be a badass like him out in the world with the same every guy background. This is another quick pace story with all sorts of weapons and your usual assortment of villain's.
Sullyaugustine
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
2 stars out of 5 - I listened to this on a playaway during my evening walks over the past couple of weeks. It held my interest, but got so farfetched at times that it had me shaking my head and mumbling to myself. Fortunately many people seem to be talking to themselves these days, and even the sight of someone gesticulating wildly at the empty space around them no longer prompts discreet glances to identify paths of potential retreat.
Ben Clark
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
These books keep getting better.
Love the series!
Dave Schultz
May 01, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: thriller
I was fortunate enough to win this book from goodreads. I read Cameron's first book, National Security and I enjoyed it. Act of Terror was also enjoyable bur at times a little too much over the top. At certain points the timing was impossible in real life. Don't get me wrong I recommend this book to fans of the political thriller genre and I will be reading future novels from the author. With that said I wouldn't recommend this novel to introduce someone to the genre. for that you need to give s ...more
Jim A
Mar 26, 2013 rated it liked it
Not a bad read. A little of Nelson DeMille's Charm School and a little borrowed from The Manchurian Candidate.

Very fast paced and plenty of action. The first chapter or so is a continuation of Cameron's National Security but then moves almost seamlessly into the new plots and sub plots.

Fans of Vince Flynn, Alex Berenson and other writers of political/military/CIA thrillers will enjoy this, I think.
George
Dec 28, 2016 rated it did not like it
Jericho Quinn and I just don't get along. I've tried and restarted this book twice, but I just can't get into the plot or the characters. Like his first book, the theme is intriguing, but it gets lost in the minutiae of technical details,and flat characters. And, where is that plot going? No more Marc Cameron for me.
Larry
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I only discovered Marc Cameron when reading his "Tom Clancy: Power and Empire". Enjoying it, I searched for more of his work and found the Jericho Quinn series. Fingers crossed, I decided to read them in order - and so far, so good.

Quinn works for an OJA ("Other Governmental Agency") and while an educated man, is basically a 'blunt instrument' and a protector of the citizens of the US - especially, by necessity, his own family. This is #2 and picks up a few months after the prior novel. Are the
Alex Ander
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
With a lot of action to keep me turning pages, Act of Terror was better than Marc Cameron's first book in the series, which I also enjoyed. I think I'm getting to know the main characters, and that made this novel much more enjoyable.

Also appreciated is the lack of vulgarity in Mr. Cameron's work. Yes, there is mild cussing, but I don't believe I was 'F-bombed' in this story or the first one, National Security. And there have been NO graphic sex scenes. Two pluses!

Since there are several more in
David A. Johnson
This is my second Marc Cameron book in the Jericho Quinn series. I find his tales exciting, riveting, and above all, well-written. He spins high action and drama in a flow that satisfies your need to get to the next phase of the story directly. He never bores you or keeps you waiting. Jericho Quinn is a true action hero who never fails. The dialog and plot subsections are unique and entertaining. This is a series that makes you feel "right" at the end. I hate books that leave me feeling that I'v ...more
Myri
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: action
An amazing thriller with so much action, you won’t be able to stop! This is a really good series! I really like how the author is able to make his characters strong but vulnerable at the same time. It’s an intense thriller with non stop action! Sometimes the action is so out there but that’s part of the entertainment!
I really recommend this series and I will definitively start the 3rd book soon!
Don Gorman
Feb 18, 2020 rated it liked it
(3). If you are looking for action and lots of bad guys, the Jericho Quinn series is for you. Still the ultimate badass, Jericho always gets it done. As usual, he is traveling all over the world to save us, using his unique skill set in a variety of way. We still have his giant buddy Jacque in tow, and another hot female to distract him and save his butt as well. I am really starting to enjoy these easy reading, fast moving, super saver stories. Good stuff.
Rick
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: action
The 2nd book of Jericho Quinn and his reluctant decision to fight terrorism. On one hand he has his family on the other hand, when they attack the family, the decision is easy to make. Some globe-trotting and deep, deep covert terrorists. This is another great read by Cameron. Can't wait to read the next one.
Curtis Edmonds
Jul 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Utterly preposterous thriller that blithely ignores any issues of space or time that can be simply dispensed with, while spending absolute gobs of time obsessing about the main character’s motorcycle gear. Readable, and overpopulated with psychopathic bad guys on every page, but ACT OF TERROR takes one too many shortcuts and indulges in too many coincidences to be worthwhile.
Marcee Kutner
Nov 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hang on for the Ride

Cameron develops his main characters by weaving connections from the first Jericho Quinn book into his next book. Traveling the globe, Quinn is a super hero facing evil at every turn. A fun, fast paced thriller.
Creeker868
May 26, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
Enjoyable quick read. If you like Vince Flynn will probably enjoy. Nothing original main character the best of the best, first wife can't handle things, world at risk, only Jericho Quinn and his compatriots can avert disaster. If you like this premise you will probably enjoy the book.
craig hurdle
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read

I gave it a five
Was a good book to read
Jericho Quinn stopping a terrorists strike on America
Marc Cameron is a good author his books are good reads
Plenty of action and suspence
Gerald
Apr 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: thriller
Once again giving 3.5 stars, the extra half for telling a story not overpowered with profanity. This book is similar to the first in the series, with really tough, Jericho Quinn et al, facing impossible odds which if not dealt with mean the end of life as we know it.
Yemic
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Move out of the way Jericho Quinn, Tibido just stepped in. Pain killers must be flowing through Quinn's veins or something. After every incident, the way he carries on as if nothing happened is incredible.
Still, a fun read and a page-turner regardless
Stephen Washburn
Act of Terror

Another excellent Jericho Quinn book. Seeing him work with others is refreshing. Some of these kind of stories only has one of two heros. I can't wait to read the next book in the series.
Shauna
Sep 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this as well as the first, although Cameron has some definite issues with character development. Don't go in depth on a character and then kill them a couple seconds later, or introduce someone and then never mention them again. Bah!
George Kennedy
Oct 28, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A pretty good action story

This bookshelf my interest throughout. This author spins a good story full of action and intrigue. The characters are well developed. I found the book an easy read and I looked forward to each new page.
Lynn K Mooney
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A cruel book and scenario ...

I think it was not made up but contained substantial truth as to how it really is in the mid eastern countries and hinterlands. They are barbarians.
Scott
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Exciting and a great thriller. I like the characters. I liked the story. I will continue in this series.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Total Power (Mitch Rapp, #19)
  • One Minute Out (Gray Man, #9)
  • Firing Point (Jack Ryan Universe,  #29)
  • Tom Clancy Enemy Contact
  • Near Dark (Scot Harvath #19)
  • Red Metal
  • Mission Critical (Gray Man #8)
  • Hunter Killer (Pike Logan #14)
  • Exit Fee (Pike Logan #13.5)
  • The Russian (Rob Tacoma, #1)
  • One True Patriot (Eric Steele #3)
  • Savage Son (Terminal List #3)
  • All Necessary Force (Pike Logan, #2)
  • Lethal Agent (Mitch Rapp, #18)
  • Blue Warrior (Troy Pearce #2)
  • Coup d'Etat (Dewey Andreas, #2)
  • Collateral (Tier One #6)
  • Termination Orders (Dan Morgan, #1)
A native of Texas, Marc Cameron is a retired Chief Deputy US Marshal who spent nearly thirty years in law enforcement. His assignments have taken him from rural Alaska to Manhattan, from Canada to Mexico and points in between. A second degree black belt in jujitsu, he often teaches defensive tactics to other law enforcement agencies and civilian groups. Cameron lives in Alaska with his wife and BM ...more

Jericho Quinn (8 books)
  • National Security (Jericho Quinn, #1)
  • State of Emergency (Jericho Quinn Thriller)
  • Time of Attack (Jericho Quinn, #3)
  • Day Zero (Jericho Quinn)
  • Brute Force (Jericho Quinn #6)
  • Field of Fire (Jericho Quinn, #7)
  • Active Measures