Start by marking “Spiritual Growth: Being Your Higher Self” as Want to Read:
Spiritual Growth: Being Your Higher Self

Spiritual Growth: Being Your Higher Self

Once in a decade comes a book that can affect people at the very core of their experience. A contemporary masterpiece in the tradition of the world's great spiritual writings, Spiritual Growth is such a book. It contains the essence of the contemporary spiritual path, embodying joy, growth, and increased aliveness. The teachings are profound and inspirational.

Open the book
Published December 28th 1992 by HJ Kramer (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Spiritual Growth, please sign up.

Start your review of Spiritual Growth: Being Your Higher Self
Stella
Jan 30, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I read this book years ago after experiencing a deep awakening in my life. It began a journey of inner transformation that would leave me changed forever. A great read for the open minded.
D'ana
Mar 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This channeled book is one of the most simple, loving, and progressive books I have ever read. The affirmations on each page are great for just opening the book and seeing what is drawn to you. Anyone wishing to experience their higher self, or learn how to work with light and energy to create their reality will benefit greatly from this book. Reading it is like being held in a warm embrace from the depth of your spirit. Enjoy!
Jai Danielle
Feb 09, 2014 rated it liked it
I agree with the reviewer who described this book as "very woo woo but very good". Initially skeptical because of early chapters encouraging "energy work" and "sending light" with little focus on taking physical action to elicit change, the book redeemed itself with its later chapters on Non-Attachment, Will, and Transparency. If you're in the early stages of spiritual growth and can get past the "woo woo", I think you'll find it a useful read. I look forward to reading more from this series.
Jacqueline
May 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I thought this was a wonderful book for someone looking to become more spiritual and lead a joyful existence. I have been wanting to explore spirituality more lately but have yet to stick with any of the books I picked up on the subject matter. This book was written in a clear, gentle, straightforward way and was easy to stick with. I read a chapter or two before bed and it would calm me and usually I found parts of it that resonated well with what I was feeling or what I went through that day. ...more
David
Dec 15, 2009 rated it it was amazing
My favorite of the Earth Life series.
brooksea
Mar 28, 2008 rated it it was amazing
this book is channeled and awesome.i pretty much take it with me wherever i go.WISE and FORTIFYING.
Pamela Hamilton
Jul 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A Wonderful book which will help you make the shift into the new you.
Love Sanaya and Orin's work.
Eun
Dec 16, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I hope that anyone who wants to empower their lives and others with goodness should read this amazing guide on how to achieve understanding, balance and harmony in our world.
Stacy
Jul 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
If any book has served in my life as a personal "bible", this book has. I read it twenty years ago and find myself turning to it time and again when I need an uplift in perspective.
Ali Hussein
Jan 26, 2020 rated it liked it
According to this book I am a guide for those close to me to reach higher levels of consciousness. Therefore Jamie, Elton, Arun, Lakhan and Evelina please all follow me your humble leader to the path of enlightenment and the end of suffering gn.

But on a serious note this book isn’t really what I was expecting. I thought it would be about 6th dimensional humans perhaps and eternal consciousness/enlightenment. Sadly it wasn’t. The stories within were a tad dramatic too. But don’t get me wrong
Taryn
May 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
has been a great tool for my spiritual journey. has a lot of good insight & clarity for the path i am on. may be different for others, but if you are on path to grow spiritually and want to learn some meditations, this is a good book for it.
Michelle
Feb 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing
If anyone is searching for some answers to questions about the metaphysical, this is the book to start with. It answered many questions I had.
Elenabrailovsky
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book! Loved it!
Tina Jaxén
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
“The earth plane is a beautiful place; you can experience heaven on earth as you become a master of living in higher consciousness.”

One of the better spiritual books I’ve read. Some chapters were really great and some less, but overall a self-strengthening book that I’ll keep some nice quotes from.
Kelly Danahy
Jan 03, 2020 rated it liked it
I don't believe in about half of it, but it does have some good advice on how to treat others and better yourself.
Kissiah
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love the way books choose me…

That’s exactly how I felt while reading Spiritual Growth. I’ve had this copy since 2011 and only now chose to read it, perhaps more fitting is that it chose to be read. How apropos, even as time is an illusion. I very much enjoyed the gentle guidance and reminders, a pointing to all being well and as it should be, yet across a psycho-spiritual spectrum. I suppose this review is less about the book and more so about the feeling with which it left me. I’ll say this.
Christina Lucero
Aug 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
very enlightening and helpful...needless to say I highlighted A LOT in this book for future reflection on the parts I found most inspiring. I reccommend it to oeople who are interested in being your higher self :)
Alisha
May 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Never wanted to put this down.
Ilana Lewis
Jun 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Life changing ! This will forever be on my nightstand giving me a daily dose of inspiration to live a spirit filled life !
Maria Hilda Pinon
Jun 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Excellent, takes difficult concepts and explains things naturally and simply. I read it once when it first came out and again this past week and was delighted again.
Raquel
Aug 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Sanaya Roman's books are incredible. Very inspiring and enlightening...
Audrey
Apr 25, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Very woo woo, but very good.
Jade Ghenzer
Nov 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
One of my new favourite books.
Anna Spoore
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: om
I found this book to be absolutely amazing and way ahead of this time. This book was written in 1989 predicting the planetary evolution and the age of enlightenment which is happening right now in 2014. I really felt like I chose the perfect time to read this book. I was reading a book about courage and had this book with me for a while which I borrowed from my Grannie but when I was reading a book about courage and seeing 1111 a lot my intuition said it was important to read this book at that ...more
James Perkins
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received this book as a gift over 20 years ago and have only just now read it for the first time. Perhaps I was not ready for it before; certainly those two decades of life experience have given me a different outlook. In any case, I liked it - the text advocates positive thinking without coming across as clichéd and sentimental, guides the reader to look inside themselves for advice, and says to use your mind to keep yourself grounded when the people around you are in emotional turmoil - all ...more
Edy
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Choosing Your Reality:

“Instead or picturing things growing worse, picture things growing better. If you catch yourself worrying about the environment, weather, earth changes, or larger-scale events, imagine things turning out wonderfully. Think of the earth as becoming more beautiful and believe that it is possible to live in a place with clean air and a healthy environment, and you will create it as true in your reality. You will be creating a positive vision that becomes telepathically
Jean-Michel Desire
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spirituality
This is one of those books that I have purposely taken the time to read slowly. It is extremely insightful into so many facets of our human lives and why we feel pain, depressed, unloved, uncared for. For those amongst readers who do not wish to act upon the wisdom provided in this book, I strongly recommend that you don't bother to even open it and read something else. This is definitely a book that I will read again, and possibly again after that because it offers so much for us to nourish our ...more
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book especially after I thought I was going to get bogged down in the subject matter and my, writing style. What I got instead were many tidbits of information that gave me pause and much more to think about.
After reading a large portion of it I felt peaceful and relaxed and my house felt amazing. Coincidence or something telling my something. I won't remember all of the information but I will definitely be putting many of the concepts to use.

Shantoria
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
It's a better book than most other spiritual books I've read. After each chapter, there is a meditation guide to help you with what you've just learned. Honestly I didn't do but two or three in the book because it was hard to memorize while trying to do it and having to keep picking the book back up. However it was a good read, made me think and see how I react to toxic people differently.
Alicia
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is a real manual to enlightment. I love it!

• The Book of Awakening: Having the Life You Want by Being Present to the Life You Have
  • True Refuge: Finding Peace and Freedom in Your Own Awakened Heart
  • Conversations With God: An Uncommon Dialogue, Book 3
  • The Book of Secrets: Unlocking the Hidden Dimensions of Your Life
  • The Vortex: Where the Law of Attraction Assembles All Cooperative Relationships
  • Living in the Light: A Guide to Personal and Planetary Transformation
  • Ask and It Is Given: Learning to Manifest Your Desires
  • The Divine Matrix: Bridging Time, Space, Miracles, and Belief
  • Money, and the Law of Attraction: Learning to Attract Wealth, Health, and Happiness
  • Stillness Speaks
  • What the Bleep Do We Know!?: Discovering the Endless Possibilities for Altering Your Everyday Reality
  • Awakening the Buddha Within: Eight Steps to Enlightenment
  • Friendship with God: An Uncommon Dialogue
  • Anatomy of the Spirit: The Seven Stages of Power and Healing
  • The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success: A Practical Guide to the Fulfillment of Your Dreams
  • The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
  • Everything Is Here to Help You: A Loving Guide to Your Soul's Evolution
  • Light Emerging: The Journey of Personal Healing
Sanaya Roman has been channeling Orin, a wise and gentle spirit teacher, for many years. Orin, a timeless being of love and light, has assisted thousands of people to awaken spiritually through his books, seminars, and audio courses. Orin teaches us how to reach the Divine within us, our true self, so we can grow through joy and release struggle, and experience love, peace, and abundance in our ...more
“imagine you already have whatever you want and thank your higher self in advance for bringing it to you.” 4 likes
“The only differences between people who think they are creative and people who think they are not are their beliefs about their creativity. Start telling yourself that you are a creative person.” 3 likes