Start by marking “Lover's Instinct (Moon Shifter, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Lover's Instinct (Moon Shifter, #1.5)

Lover's Instinct

(Moon Shifter #1.5)

Lupine shifter Nikan Lawless has it bad for Esperanze Cordona, the sweet and curvy woman who only views him as a friend. But when Nikan is assigned to act as Esperanze’s bodyguard during a weekend education conference, he knows it’s the perfect opportunity to seduce her off her feet—away from the pack.

To put his plan into motion Nikan cancels one of their hotel rooms, giv
Published August 7th 2012 by Signet

To ask other readers questions about Lover's Instinct, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lover's Instinct

Claire Robinson
Nov 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shit-hot-series
4 - "I don't share..." Stars!

Another great read from the Moon Shifter series, also easily read as a standalone, so don’t let the fact that it’s not the first book from the series deter you.

That-said, there is a lot of mention of things that occurred in the first book Alpha Instinct that made me want to immediately start reading it when I had finished Nikan and Esperanze’s novella, to find out the full story.

"For the record, I want to be anywhere you are."

This is a couple that have been circling
I wanted to give this series one more try since other reviewers said that the first book wasn’t the author’s best showing. Maybe this one wasn’t the best to use the second try on because it was boring. It was sappy with too much telling, not enough showing. I think I couldn’t connect because we don’t see the friendship the MCs has before they mated.
Mandy Menasco
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read
Linda
A fun paranormal romance featuring shifters with plenty of swoony sweet nothings and sexy times!

Lover’s Instinct by Katie Reus is a light, quick novella and a great addition to her Moon Shifter series. It’s a paranormal urban fantasy romance featuring a hot powerful alpha warrior wolf and a nerdy, curvy beta she-wolf. It’s the story of two lupine shifters: Nikan Lawless and Esperanze “Essie” Cordona.

As the story opens, readers learn that Nikan and Essie are really good friends. However, Nikan w
T.M. Payne
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book: Lover's Instinct (A Werewolf Romance)
Author: Katie Reus
Publication Date: 11/15/2016
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne- Book Nook Nuts
My Rating: 5 Stars

REVIEW
Nikan knows exactly what he is doing when his best friend and the woman he want's more than life itself decides she is going to conference out of state he makes sure he is going with her.

Esperanze loves Nikan and has all kinds of womanly thoughts of the tall,dark and handsome alpha male. She also knows he is off limits because she is not a stro
Dee
I read the first in the series and was impressed, it would seem that I like virtually everything KR writes! I am not usually a lover of novellas as they are so too short but this was a fair size and being able to continue with this series made me happy ☺
Ally
And I kept waiting for more

and....

Read for the Halloween 2017 Reading Challenge - werewolf category.

Great little novella, but I kept waiting and wanting more. This being my first Katie Reus I feel like I cannot make a full on judgement call. It was too short for much goings on, if you know what I mean. I will certainly check out the rest in the series.
Abra
Jan 06, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Esperanze is a beta wolf shifter, meaning that she is a submissive wolf in pack hierarchy. She decides to go to a series of lectures hosted by vampires in Washington DC because an old professor is speaking. Esperanze is accompanied by Nikan, a alpha warrior. Nikan has been going after Esperanze for several months, but she thinks he only is interested in friendship when he's actually going along to the lectures with her to convince her to mate with him. Esperanze's parents were an alpha/beta pair ...more
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Jul 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: novellas
The early stages of Nikan and Essie's courtship reminded me somewhat of an S&M relationship with their alpha / beta roles. The progression of their feelings for each other was believable and impressive for a short novella. The flirt scenes are almost as hot as the sex scenes. The plot ties in nicely with what's going on in the series and the ending is satisfying.
Laura Wright
Mar 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Mmmmm, Nikan!! Nothing hotter than a protective Lupine Shifter! Loving this story..
Bev
Aug 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: novella, paranormal
A fab little novella and a great addition to the series. Just wish it could have been longer, I would have loved to know more about Nikan
Nov 13, 2014 rated it liked it
I'm ready to move on to the next full length novel in the series. This was a pretty good novella.
Book Snob Sue
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: safe-reads, like, pnr, suspense
These two are great friends, and by that I mean he has inserted himself quite nicely in her life. As soon as he met her, he became quickly a permanent fixture in her life. Honestly, it was quite smart and stealthy I might add. I guess that’s why he’s one of the packs warriors.

She’s going to a conference, to listen to a past college professor, turned vampire, speak. And again Nikan, is there and goes with her. There was a girl/shifter there and she had a tough time keeping her hands off him, hon
JoRead
** At the time of posting this review, Lover's Instinct was FREE on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Lovers-Instinc... ***

It’s not often I get to read a story with a Native American hero so of course I jumped at the chance to read this novella. This is the second story in the Moonshifters series but it can be read as a stand alone.

Nikan and Esperaze are friends but he wants more from her. It isn’t until they get to go on a trip that he decides it’s time to convince her to bondmate to him. The thi
Rosemary K
Nov 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Esperanze Cordona is on an adventure with Nikan Lawless. She's going to an educational conference where she will visit with her college mentor. Nikan is her bodyguard, but he has his own agenda. He wants to convince her to be his mate. Will he be successful? Essie is attracted to this strong warrior. Her biggest concern is that he's an alpha and she's a beta. She won't be dominated like her mother. I was drawn to this couple by their chemistry and their fiery interaction. The story takes an unex ...more
Tracey
Dec 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Esperanze and Nikan are best friends. However, Nikan is ready to move the relationship forward to something more and makes plans to do just that. Esperanze is scheduled to attend a conference in DC over the weekend and finds out that she will be accompanied by Nikan. She also later finds out that they only have one room. Let the adventure begin.

Nikan's plans to get Esperanze alone for the weekend appear to be working until they are asked to help find the kidnapped friend of Esperanze's former pr
Whispers From
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great

Esperanza is a shifter, lives with her sisters on a ranch, and has a crush on Nikan. Nikan is a shifter and warrior and has wanted Essie since their packs joined together. Essie is going to a conference in D.C. and Nikan goes with her. When one of her former professors is beaten up, they get the truth out of him. He’s a vampire and two wolf shifters have kidnapped his human friend in exchange for his blood. They must find her before they decide to kill her.
He finally tells her he wants her
Annmarie
Nov 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lover's Instinct is book 1.5 of the Moon Shifter Series by Katie Reus. This novella features a mix of paranormal and suspense. As lupine shifters, Nikan is assigned to watch over Esperanze while she attends a conference held by one of her previous professor. Nikan sees this as a perfect opportunity to move their relationship from the friend zone to something more. When rogue shifters threaten her old professor, Nikan and Esperanze promise to help. Nikan is alpha warrior class and Esperanze is a ...more
Jacklynn Sizemore
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
So love this awesome book just couldn't put it down unlit I was done. I love Esperanze she think she just one of the beta in the pack. But she so much more than that she caring and very sweet and love her sisters. Then the oh so hot Nikan who is so hot and caring so has a thing for Esperanze. To know more about this book grab your copy today a so so so must read!!!!!
Angie
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an interesting story about Nikan and Essie. Nikan goes to a conference with Essie as her bodyguard, but Essie's friend Antoine is in trouble. Nikan and Essie decide to help him. Essie's opinion of Nikan goes up and she realizes that he is nothing like her father. Liked the suspense and the romance!
Elisa Hordon
May 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A good short in the series Nikan and Essie are a sweet couple.
Iris
Jan 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr
Great little novella. The characters were fantastic. I just wished for more in the end. The end is just there. Nothing overly special or memorable about it.
Victoria
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is a great book to read
Marie Andersson
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nikan is a yummy Alpha warrior shifter.:)Katie's writing is wonderful.
Jennifer Prescott
Nikan & Esperenze are a great, hot couple. The story was interesting and exciting. Looking forward to reading more stories by this author.
Sandy S
Jun 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
LOVER’S INSTINCT (Moon Shifter Novella #1.5) by Katie Reus

LOVER’S INSTINCT is the August 7, 2012 release in Katie Reus’s Moon Shifter series.

Nikan Lawless is a wolf shifter: an alpha warrior who knows what he wants and he wants Esperanze. With the recent poisonings and deaths throughout the pack, Nikan wants to ensure that the woman, who would one day be his mate and bond-mate, was well guarded and protected. Suspecting the Antiparanormal League is responsible for the series of deaths, Nikan ac
Zita
Dec 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A tough alpha and a feisty beta...

This is a novella in the Moon Shifter series that can be read as a stand-alone.

Alpha wolf shifter Nikan Lawless knows who his mate is but she doesn’t know it yet, she thinks they’re just friends, his inner wolf though knows the truth. With the recent deaths of shifters, learning that his envisioned mate will be attending an education conference in Washington D.C. for a weekend, away from the safety of pack lands, Nikan arranges to accompany her as her protector.
Donna
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I've had enough of vampire/shifter drama

I liked Nikan, he is a strong alpha male. Esperanze is strong also even though she kept referring to herself as a Beta. I probably would have enjoyed it more, if the author wouldn't have added all the other supernatural creatures. There really wasn't any need for it. She could have created the danger without the other creatures. This is a HFN instead of HEA or some may consider it a cliffhanger. I probably won't continue this series because I am done with
Elizabeth Neal
Dec 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**3.5 Stars**

Esperanze needs to get away from reality, just for a few days, even if it's to attend a lecture her former professor is giving. The pain of losing her youngest sister is overwhelming and escape from all the memories is necessary. Although she won't be truly alone as her friend, Nikan, will be accompanying her, a fact she didn't know until she was preparing to begin her trip. But, when Connor, the new alpha male, issues an order, it's pretty much guaranteed that you need to follow it
ZETTER
More Than Friends!!!

Nikan Lawless, an Alpha Lupine who had it bad for Esperance Cordona. There was a mutual attraction so when he was assigned as the sweet and beautiful woman's bodyguard during a weekend vacation conference. He saw it as his opportunity to make his move.

Esperance Cordona or Essie (Nikan's name for her) was a sweet, beautiful and curvy shewolf. She was also a beta. Essie was friends with the handsome Nikan. She was attracted to the man but she feared things wouldn't work out bet
  • Tempting His Mate (Crescent Moon, #3)
  • Pack Enforcer (Were Chronicles, #2)
  • Wolf Nip (Granite Lake Wolves #6)
  • Wolf's Valentine (Westervelt Wolves, #3.5)
  • Covert Desires (Alpine Woods Shifters, #5)
  • The Werewolf's Wife
  • Dire Wants (Eternal Wolf Clan, #2)
  • Changed (The Wolf's Den #2)
  • Mate of Her Heart (Wilde Creek, #1)
  • Hunting Love
  • A Highland Werewolf Wedding (Heart of the Wolf, #11)
  • Shadow of the Wolf (Heart's Desire, #1)
  • Running With the Pack (Cannon Pack, #3)
Katie Reus is the New York Times, USA Today, & IndieReader bestselling author of the Red Stone Security series, the Moon Shifter series and the Deadly Ops series. She fell in love with romance at a young age thanks to books she pilfered from her mom's stash. Years later she loves reading romance almost as much as she loves writing it. However, she didn't always know she wanted to be a writer. ...more

Moon Shifter (7 books)
  • Alpha Instinct (Moon Shifter, #1)
  • Primal Possession (Moon Shifter, #2)
  • Mating Instinct (Moon Shifter, #3)
  • Avenger's Heat (Moon Shifter, #4)
  • Hunter Reborn (Moon Shifter, #5)
  • Dark Protector (Moon Shifter, #6)
  • A Mate for Christmas (Moon Shifter, #7)
“For the record, I want to be anywhere you are," he murmured in her ear, so close he might as well have run his tongue along it.” 1 likes
“I've never claimed to be civil," he said with a soft growl, flashing his canines.” 1 likes