Start by marking “The Happy Housewife” as Want to Read:
The Happy Housewife

The Happy Housewife

3.27  ·  Rating details ·  44 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Samantha ‘Sam’ Sherman is a thirty something stay-at-home Mom without any problems. She loves her smart husband, her sweet daughter, and her career choice. One day, in the process of helping a friend, she is drawn into the investigation of two murders. Suddenly, her steady world begins to sway. Insecurities from years ago return, her husband is annoyed at her involvement i ...more
Published February 11th 2012

To ask other readers questions about The Happy Housewife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Happy Housewife

Vicki
Nov 07, 2012 rated it liked it
I read a lot of white knuckle, look over your shoulder kind of mystery/thrillers. But sometimes I just want to read one that is a little tamer. One that has twists and turns and keeps you guessing who did it, but just on a calmer scale. This is that kind of book.

The author did a good job of introducing a few characters who had personalities that I haven’t really seen before, and they are all very different from each other. That made the book very interesting to me.

I loved the story line, and the
Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews
A former Coast Guard helicopter pilot turned housewife, a murder, an explosion, and two groups named ALF and ELF greet the reader of A HAPPY HOUSEWIFE by Kate Cooch.

Sam Sherman was now a stay-at-home mom who was great at helping others. Sam became involved with Helen since she needed help after she had hip surgery. The involvement with Helen seemed innocent, but it turns out that Helen had some friends that were quite deadly.

The book centers around Sam and Helen with Sam silently being taken adv
Misty Baker
Feb 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Until about a year ago, I worked full-time. Housewife (though I cooked and cleaned for my family at the end of each business day) was not a word on my radar. I was not a housewife. I was an independent woman with an income, and a commute. Then I quit my job. The next thing I knew I was researching recipes on Pinterest and blackmailed into being a part of the PTA.

This is when I realized “Housewives” are a particular breed of creature with a particular set of skills that I do not possess. They mak
Tuesday
Jul 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Find more of my book reviews here: www.ravenous-reader-book-reviews.blogspot.com

I needed a good caper and a quick page turner (okay, button masher since I read this on Vinny, the Kindle) recently, and Kate Cooch's, The Happy Housewife did just the trick for me.

I spent a couple of years doing duty as a housewife, and it was a lot of fun, though not as much fun as Sam had in the book. No, my time as a happy housewife paled in comparison, though the neighborhood we lived in at the time had some
David Brown
Oct 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Sam Sherman is a former Coast Guard helicopter pilot turned housewife with a loving husband, Doug, and beautiful daughter, Lindsey. Her life in the suburbs is not perfect but it is happy enough. However, Sam’s tranquil existence is disrupted by two murders – one being a teenager, Evelyn, with another teenager in a coma following an explosion. Another man, Dan, is also killed at the home of an elderly neighbour, Helen Thomas.

Sam is understandably shocked about the incident with the two teenagers
Pamela
Apr 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a really nice story that initiates with two teenagers as the main characters and one can think it's a story about teenagers’ life and common activities, when suddenly everything changes, a fatal accident happens and you as a reader don't know what is going to happen with the story. That condition makes me doubt about the story and I only wanted to read a little bit more just to know what happen to the teenagers. Then is when the real story starts to untangle.

I must say that sometimes I f
Misterg
Nov 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Not a bad story - woman stumbles across a 60s eco-terrorist group and brings them to justice.
The reason I'm dropping a star is that it tends to ramble in places. The author also writes history books and this becomes obvious. The history adds background and is interesting ... but it just goes on for too long. I found myself skimming some of this book, just looking for where the story picked up again.

A fairly good tale, let down by wandering into history (IMHO)
Jyoti
Oct 15, 2014 rated it liked it
A former Coast Guard officer to a housewife, Sam's life changed completely. Not much of adventure but it was good. Suddenly there were two murders and Sam somehow got involved because of her curious nature. And then she did some brilliant job to help police found out the murderer.

Good story but little too much of history about communism in between which I found quite slow. Apart from that I enjoyed reading this adventure of a house wife.
Marilyn
Sep 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
G

the way that teachers are able to influence children to be involved in criminal things.the teachers who were involved in comuision are very bad for our children.
donna burke
Mar 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Interesting!

very easy read, read this in one sitting, it kept you wanting to read on to find out what happens
Sara
Jul 23, 2017
Mleehall
Jun 01, 2015
Susan
rated it did not like it
Oct 04, 2013

Chris Ticknor
Nov 08, 2015
Mark A Craigo
Sep 07, 2015
Kate was born and raised in Fairfax, Virginia and graduated from the University of Virginia. She joined the US Coast Guard after graduation and went to Hawaii to serve on the Cutter Jarvis. From there she went to US Naval Flight School in Pensacola, Florida and then was stationed at Air Station Los Angeles where she flew the HH65 Dolphin helicopter.

During her time in Los Angeles she started writi